Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Chapter Seventy-Three

When Jane and Rafael realize that the uncertain state of their relationship is stressing out Mateo, they decide that they need to make a decision. Petra is on the outs with Jane and Rafael after the Luisa fiasco so she tries to figure out a way to get back into their good graces. Meanwhile, Rogelio and Xo are both contemplating their career choices.

Promo:

For all the fuss about Jane/Rafael, the thing I have always loved most about this show is the relationships between the women.  In addition to the Villanueva women,  I'm happy to see Petra and Jane be there for one another. Good for Petra to tell Jane how she felt and for Jane to appreciate that (or should I say good for the writers)   I would have liked to find out what is a traditional Czech breakfast.

Now for the snark...

Jane ghostwriting for Petra.  Who didn't see that one coming?

Petra, for all her L&O watching, did not learn the key lesson that a much put upon assistant is, well, a L&O episode waiting to happen.

• Love 9

Those 3 almost stories were cute and hilarious. I loved them all, especially how fantasy Raf kept bringing up Mateo in every last one. Mateo is a damn brat but for some reason I love it. I hate FSoG so anything making fun of it is a win in my book. Xo really needs to find something and stick to it. She's way too old to not know what she wants to do. I don't know why Jane doesn't write short stories on the internet for time being. You get paid to do it. Who is J.R. talking to? The Law & Order gag was funny. I actually loved the fake out ending but that's not going to stay on the down low for long.

The L&O CHUNG CHUNG throughout the episode cracked me up.

Rosario Dawson is up to no good but at least she got Petra and Jane to make up. I loved the flashback reminder that weekly brunch was about Petra and Jane both making sure that the other was okay, not about Rafael.

All the hashtags for Rogelio's selfies were hilarious. Loved that Darci got through to him by comparing him to Spencer and Heidi!

So Rafael and Jane are finally going to have sex!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

So Rafael and Jane are finally going to have sex!

Not caring about that one bit.

However I love that Jane and Petra have made up and brunch is back on. Not only is great for both women, but also for the kids. Rafael is not needed if he wants to remain angry at Petra.

I see hilarious scenes of Jane ghostwriting for Petra. That I will look forward to.

And Rafael could calm down about Petra knowing the truth about Luisa for one one week. Sure, Carl was real and Luisa was not delusional about seeing. But she has been still acting out of control ever since she hooked up with Rose years ago. If she or Rose are behind Jane Ramos plotting to get at Petra, Petra is more than going to pay for that.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

And Rafael could calm down about Petra knowing the truth about Luisa for one one week. Sure, Carl was real and Luisa was not delusional about seeing. But she has been still acting out of control ever since she hooked up with Rose years ago. If she or Rose are behind Jane Ramos plotting to get at Petra, Petra is more than going to pay for that.

What really drives me nuts and the biggest reason I barely care about/watch this show nowadays (I fast-forwarded through most of the Jane and Rafael scenes in this episode, for example) is the fact that Rose effectively killed Michael is being inexplicably ignored by everyone. And the same goes for Luisa's role as her enabler. So, yeah, Petra could have left Luisa locked up in that institution for the rest of her life and I wouldn't shed a tear over her. 

• Love 5

Loved that Rafael was always in Jane's book ideas/fantasies. 

Also loved the fake out at the end!

Jane ghost writing Petra's book - that will be... Something... LOL 

"1-2, come on poo, 3-4, out the back door" and "Bye Felicia" made me laugh out loud. A lot more than I should have. 

I loved all of it. I love that Raf has always supported Jane's writing and always been her cheerleader. Petra is my fave, so I like that she flat out told Jane that she's the barometer of all things horrible. "If you're mad at me, then i know how far I strayed." I loved that Alt-Jane actually does have a mom with dementia and is being helped by Petra's transactional heart. I look forward to Petra/Jane writing duo, and lots of Jane/Raf sex.

I, too, laughed out loud at the shameful gasp of "not Speidi!"

• Love 1

This has to be the last season, right? Because Jane and Rafael getting together and having sex has got to be endgame. I don't see Jane forgiving him next time he changes his mind (again) and goes back to Petra (again) after that. So this has got to be it, or it's just silly.

How come Jane doesn't have a huge file of ideas she hasn't used in a book yet, like pretty much every other author ever? She has a masters in creative writing. That is impossible.

• Love 3
On 05/02/2018 at 9:22 PM, Lebanna said:

How come Jane doesn't have a huge file of ideas she hasn't used in a book yet, like pretty much every other author ever? She has a masters in creative writing. That is impossible.

I've just caught up on this show but have to answer that. She had a novel already mostly written when Michael died. A period novel based on Alba and Mateo Sr. She also had the first draft of a novella about a flamenco dancer with a tumultuous relationship with her mother completed at the time of her wedding which she abandoned in favour of her grandparents' story. So she should have been well prepared to meet the publisher. The Alba/Mateo Sr novel in particular as it's a story with the potential to make it as literary fiction with genuine commercial appeal. I had been hoping that part of the reason Snowfalling wasn't doing well was so she could course correct back to the far better novel. When she had to come up with a pitch in a hurry, I was willing someone to remember that she doesn't need an idea, she two has actual novels with significant work already done.

• Love 3