Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Finding Eddie

She was pretty damn funny. Her house was even creepier than she was.

It's good to see Eddie again. 

I liked it so much when Chip told Martha she had a sweetness about her. And everything Martha did was hilarious. 

Chip: Mom's cool. This is her first rodeo.

Chip: If worse comes to worse we can eat some of that popcorn from the Dust Bowl.

Eddie: I grew up from a boy breaking horses to a man breaking hearts.

Eddie: I was a cook in Korea.
Chip: You're Korean?

• Love 2

This really is a beautiful show. The dialogue is so perfect and scenes so thoughtfully shot that I feel like I am watching a one hour show in 20 minutes. 

Martha's "He's very beautiful and I don't trust that in a person", pretty much sums up my philosophy in life! I am so grateful that they have upped the screentime for Christine and Martha this season. They are such wonderful characters and truly stupendously acted! 

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Damn, that rich old lady was creepy!

I thought that she was a riot! I only hope that I am even half as nuts as either Dottie or Eddie when I am old. I can only strive to be a cigar chomping, gun toting, gingham clad menace to society in a white belt when I'm that age! 

I was totally with Martha though. I totally thought there was going to be an entire collection of locked up people in that white mansion!

Dale stealing that sheep when he was fleeing the shoot up at Jim Jack Mahoney's was also an awesome gag. Especially when followed up my Marhtha's non sequitur about the smart TV. I absolutely adore the writing on this show. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, peeayebee said:

She was pretty damn funny. Her house was even creepier than she was.

It's good to see Eddie again. 

I liked it so much when Chip told Martha she had a sweetness about her. And everything Martha did was hilarious. 

Chip: Mom's cool. This is her first rodeo.

Chip: If worse comes to worse we can eat some of that popcorn from the Dust Bowl.

Eddie: I grew up from a boy breaking horses to a man breaking hearts.

Eddie: I was a cook in Korea.
Chip: You're Korean?

I don't know why but your comments made me laugh out loud when the show didn't.  Maybe you missed your calling?

I loved when Christine got the basket of fruit and carrots and assume they were for her and busted out a Bugs Bunny impression. 

I hate that Chip is so cruel to Martha but am glad she pretty much ignores him. 

The commercial break situation on this series is awful. I swear there's only 15 minutes of actual show. 

I love so much about this show, maybe Louie Anderson as Christine most of all.  I believe him so much as Christine that I would not be surprised to run into her at Target.  There is a sweetness and even a kindness in the sometimes cruel humor that totally wins me over every week.  I hope this show lasts forever.

• Love 6

Louie Anderson and Martha Kelly are the show for me. I like ZG as Chip but I cannot tolerate Dale for one hot second. I hope that one of those wild horses kicks him in the head and they write him off the show. But that would make Christine sad and, ugh,  *I DON'T WANT TO MAKE HER SAD* so I'll forget that I typed that. 

Did she actually eat a carrot like the episode description said? I recall her pretending to eat one, but not actually doing it. I actually wanted to see her eat a carrot, for some reason. Really, everything Christine does is awesome. I'm sure if she ate a carrot, it would be wonderful somehow.

• Love 1

Is it just me, or has the show lost something this year? I think I can identify what's different. Chip is not the narcissistic idiot he once was! And the show is suffering for it. I love the "two ferns" narcissistic-idiot trademark ZG shtick, and they seem to have abandoned it. Chip is just a bystander now, even when they give him significant screen time. Seems like a very bad decision.