Type keyword(s) to search

S04: Stephanie: Odd One Out

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

STEPHANIE

The perennial odd one out, Stephanie is one of the few people in her family to have never been arrested, and she is the only person in her immediate family to graduate high school.

Disheartened by a five-year rift with her older brother, Stephanie yearns for the respect and acceptance of her family. Stephanie fails to understand why many of her cousins aren’t able to be productive citizens and instead choose the high-risk life of fast money and drug dealing that causes them to lose their freedom time and time again. This experience might be the only way to finally connect with her family and build a positive and loving relationship she’s always dreamed about.

Stephanie wants to join this program in order to prove to them all that she is strong enough to survive jail and finally gain some insight into the struggles her family members have experienced.

Colonel Adger believes Stephanie’s composed demeanor will help her maintain her cover while in jail. She will not be shocked when it comes to criminal behavior allowing her to quickly pick up on any dangerous criminal activity.

She said she would gladly throw Jaclin under the bus .  

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Explain to me the hatetred  of her, please.  I don’t get it.  She seems okay to me.  Just a person who grew up with some privilege, that’s all.  

so ..that is why we hate her. If anyone throws me under the bus, Especially in fucking FULTON COUNTY JAIL, I am Coming for you HARD.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

When did she say that?

Do you mean when Jaclyn forgot her own cover name and Stephanie said she would distance herself from her?

It was on this last episode. It was after Jaclyn blew up at her cellmates for fighting while she was trying to sleep and she went on a venting rage and Stephanie could hear her through the vents and basically said she was ashamed at Jac for doing that and said "participants don't act like that"  and then something else happened I think (can't remember if the name thing was before or after her outburst to her cellmates) and suddenly Stephanie was being all passive aggressive talking to another lady while Jac sat not very far away and then in her talking head Stephanie said she would throw Jac under the bus in a heartbeat if she needed to.  

AND seemed very giddy to do so if she needed.

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 2

She said "participants don't act like that" then they show her in the preview doing some kind of drug and saying she had to do it to fit in and not blow her cover. She's allowed to do things to fit in but I guess she doesn't allow Jaclyn to do the same.   That's when I stopped liking her, I liked her a lot before that but I don't like double standards. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Maharincess said:

She said "participants don't act like that" then they show her in the preview doing some kind of drug and saying she had to do it to fit in and not blow her cover. She's allowed to do things to fit in but I guess she doesn't allow Jaclyn to do the same.   That's when I stopped liking her, I liked her a lot before that but I don't like double standards. 

I agree, but I also REALLY don’t like Jaclin either. I’ll take my comment to her thread. 

While I get why people may be afraid to blow their cover, there’s obviously ways to get around doing drugs since only TWO participants have been shown to take drugs (so far) and the others got out ok. I think the ones that do it have experience with drugs already and are using their “cover” to do it again. 

On January 15, 2018 at 5:21 PM, gunderda said:

It was on this last episode. It was after Jaclyn blew up at her cellmates for fighting while she was trying to sleep and she went on a venting rage and Stephanie could hear her through the vents and basically said she was ashamed at Jac for doing that and said "participants don't act like that"  and then something else happened I think (can't remember if the name thing was before or after her outburst to her cellmates) and suddenly Stephanie was being all passive aggressive talking to another lady while Jac sat not very far away and then in her talking head Stephanie said she would throw Jac under the bus in a heartbeat if she needed to.  

Thanks, at first I only saw the first two episodes, then I saw the third and what Stephanie said.  However I can't stand Jaclyn, who can't even remember her name, so there is that.

Steph is a back stabber. She ran to the cover of the other room out of fear because she had been making best buddies with people that she realized were capable of cruelly harming fellow inmates and then when Jac (out of concern for her because of her lies about bullying) stood up for her, she turned on her faster than a switch turns out a light. Jac was willing to stand by her when she snubbed her and she STILL did this. Cold hearted baby. Makes me sick to see any person act this way. If I were her I’d be ashamed of my behavior on this show. Just a user and back stabber!

• Love 4

Agreed.  I can’t stand her or her behavior on this show.  She wants to act tough but when things get bad she runs and hides and then turns on the one person who tried to help her.  I just wish Jaclyn would figure it out so she stops putting herself in a bad spot for someone who wouldn’t do the same for her. I wish they’d DQ her for us.

• Love 2

Stephanie is such a loser-I really wish the jail would take actions on her using drugs-what an excuse she uses-She shouldn't be on there-she is incredibally immature and has no ethics and I think there is no reason for her to be on that show.  I don't like her at all.  Where do they find these losers?  To me, Jaclin is much more likeable than she is.  Stephanie is a big joke!  I really wish Angele and her would get consequences for their behaviors in thete-they aren't supposed to be there for sex and drugs!

• Love 1

I don't like Stephanie or Jaclyn.  There's something about Jaclyn that seems condescending, like a person who says, "I just want to help all the poor black people, because I'm the great white savior."  I also sensed that Jaclyn felt, "How dare you treat ME, the princess like that!"

However, Stephanie is a loser; what she should have said to Swole was, "Jackie didn't say anything, I didn't hear her say that." Swole is one punch away from thrombosis anyway.

• Love 3

I really like Jackie and am sorry she was the one who left and not Stephanie who turned out to be nothing but a fake ass fake.  I may have had my issues with Jackie/Jaclyn but she was alot more real and genuine then Stephanie who would stab anyone in the back.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't like Stephanie or Jaclyn.  There's something about Jaclyn that seems condescending, like a person who says, "I just want to help all the poor black people, because I'm the great white savior."  I also sensed that Jaclyn felt, "How dare you treat ME, the princess like that!"

However, Stephanie is a loser; what she should have said to Swole was, "Jackie didn't say anything, I didn't hear her say that." Swole is one punch away from thrombosis anyway.

You put word in quotes as if Jaclin actually said that. I'm watching it on DVR right now and that is not what she said. Could you extrapolate that she means this (I want to help the poor black people...)? Perhaps, but then we would just be ASSuming, right? Putting all assumptions and race cards aside, in the end, the girl sticks up for a rat and nearly pays the price for Stephanie's cowardly character. Absolutely no integrity whatsoever. She's weak. Jaclin might be a little ignorant, but I'll give her credit for standing up for what she believes in: she didn't take the drugs, she didn't allow some crazy ass, psycho convict to pick on her cast mate, and she didn't want to see women she had befriended getting in trouble for fighting, which could potentially lengthen their sentence. What the heck has Stephanie done??? 

• Love 4

I think when white people say stuff in this political climate a lot of people have a reaction regardless of whether or not it was essentially true.   Jaclin was targeted by the guards but her wording came off as self centered and white privilegy which turned off alot of people but that doesn’t make her wrong.  She legitimately wants to help these women but occasionally her tone makes it seem like white privileged girl wants to help poor black folk but this last episode made me realize once and for all her heart was  in the right place.   Stephanie has been a troublemaker from the start.  She is the type of person that if this was a prison movie ends up getting shanked by the end.  Angele is one step away from being a real inmate.

Of all three women Jaclin is the only one who took the program seriously and will have anything real to tell the Colonel. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think when white people say stuff in this political climate a lot of people have a reaction regardless of whether or not it was essentially true.   Jaclin was targeted by the guards but her wording came off as self centered and white privilegy which turned off alot of people but that doesn’t make her wrong.  She legitimately wants to help these women but occasionally her tone makes it seem like white privileged girl wants to help poor black folk but this last episode made me realize once and for all her heart was  in the right place.   Stephanie has been a troublemaker from the start.  She is the type of person that if this was a prison movie ends up getting shanked by the end.  Angele is one step away from being a real inmate.

Of all three women Jaclin is the only one who took the program seriously and will have anything real to tell the Colonel. 

I agree with you completely. Jaclyn has integrity and didn’t want those women, who are jailed for real, black and white, standing up for her and paying a steep price for doing so.

Oh, Stephanie in case you’re reading, the whole point of this exercise was not to see who stays in the longest. You better hope you don’t need any back up now because there’ll be nobody there for you unless Angele steps up.  And as Chaos Theory just said, she is very close to being jailed for real so that probably would not be in her best interest.

• Love 5

Stephanie is a self-serving heifer that needs to be put her place and I'm not usually like this but I'd be the first one to beat her ass for somebody coming to her Aid and then she wants to turn the table back on them to save her ass she needs to be taught a lesson

She's going to find out what life is all about she's young and she's dumb and yes Stephanie I said you're dumb you're more than dumb you stupid you'll never have a true friend in life because you're nobodies friend but your own and you don't look out for anybody but yourself and you going to be a lonely sad individual for the rest of your life unless you learn to treat people the way you want to be treated not the way you want to treat them. You make me sick!

• Love 8

And Stephanie the next time you look for somebody to have your back and you turn on them there's nobody going to be there for you after seeing this and when you make that final mistake you want to make it with the wrong one and it might be swole or another person and they go have your ass tied up in a squared circle. And nobody's going to trust you because now everybody sees how you use people and you think you're smart that's real smart going on TV showing how you trying to use Jackie yeah that put you in a real good like girl!

Anyone that has any sense at all will know from here on out what kind of person you are and know that you are not a true friend of any kind weather is in a jail prison or on the street so you did yourself in you're your own undoing!!!!

• Love 5

Unless Stephanie has a Russian Bot on Twitter she got herself a girlfriend after the program ended who posted a few times and is trying hard to stick up for Stephanie blaming a lot of what is happening on editing.   I didn’t realize Stephanie was gay. Not that it matters one iota.  Or do I believe editing is what makes Stephanie look bad.  I am thinking it doesn’t help...but no Stephanie is playing games.  

• Love 2

I think Stephanie's back story was that her siblings were raised by one relative and she by another.  They all went to jail and she didn't.  I think she's overcompensating, trying so show how "badass" she is, but she's coming off selfish, self centered.  Stephanie also seems to think that this show is "Big Brother" and all she needs to do is to outlast everybody to "win."

All Stephanie needed to do with Swole (who isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer) was to say, "Jaclin didn't say I was being bullied.  You must have heard wrong.  Did anybody else hear her say that?" No one in the pod would have said they heard it, because no one would want to get in the middle of it.  Pretty soon, Swole would doubt herself and Jaclin wouldn't have been a target.  

BTW, how much of a badass can Swole really be if, when two girls in her pod were fighting, she ran back to tell the guards what was going on?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

Stephanie is a cowardly, two faced snake.  Even knowing that Jaci was in the program, she still threw her under the bus and smirked.  You could tell the whole time, StephaSnake  never liked Jaci, and actually hoped she would fail the program so she could be finish alone and be....  whatever the hell she thought she would be.  Queen Biatch?   I can't figure that out, but surely that girl ain't right in the head.   Snake is just a jealous biatch with a huge side of schadenfreude for Jaci or anyone else who can't help her. 

Snake is such a scared biatch, with no honor.  Jaci was trying to help her get out of getting her butt kicked.   Snake had to play it so Jaci would have no choice but to leave.  Kudos for the ladies that were willing to back Jaci up.  They are stand up women.  Jaci has honor and was forced to leave.   Snake has no honor, her family should be ashamed of her.  They got the pick way wrong when she was chosen.  SMH  Snake is a negative, cowardly lil girl with no redeeming qualities.  Karma will surely get her in the ass.  *chomp chomp*    

• Love 8

I really can’t stand her smarmy little attitude.  She think she’s so smart and so tough but she’s pampered spoiled princess with no Street smarts.  She’s going to learn she isn’t so tough the hard way someday. Karma is a bitch, Stephanie.

• Love 5

Did they forget to tell her this ISN'T a competition and that she wont win anything for other people going home!?!?!? This girl is nutso. There is no reason for her to express happiness that Stephanie went home. 

• Love 4
On 2/16/2018 at 7:33 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Unless Stephanie has a Russian Bot on Twitter she got herself a girlfriend after the program ended who posted a few times and is trying hard to stick up for Stephanie blaming a lot of what is happening on editing.   I didn’t realize Stephanie was gay. Not that it matters one iota.  Or do I believe editing is what makes Stephanie look bad.  I am thinking it doesn’t help...but no Stephanie is playing games.  

Stephanie was shown during her introduction to live in the suburbs with her white boyfriend. The white boyfriend who was a symbol of who she was and wasn't...She was educated and more sophisticated than her older siblings who grew up in the ghetto and spent time incarcerated. She was spoiled as a child and doesn't go to the hood to visit her relatives. They can drive out to see her if they want. She isn't 'about that life.' They showed her and the boyfriend in their home and she talked to him on the phone while in jail. 

All that to say that no, we weren't given any indication Stephanie is gay or bisexual. 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Typo
  • Love 7

I'm on Ep 7, so not quite caught up, but the editors are having a good time with Stephanie, and she gave them quite a bit to work with.

First they show Jaclin saying it's good they have each other, followed by Stephanie smiling that she "couldn't care less about Jackie"--but then a few minutes later . . . UH OH, I don't have any friends to watch my back!

Weird how that "friend" thing works, Steph.

But wait, Stephanie decides to switch cells?  Has no one ever watched a prison reality show before?  That's not how it works!  That's not how any of this works.

• Love 5

I honestly hate Stephanie, and there is only one other person that I know that I hate in my life. She is so two-faced! I wish to God somebody would hit her in her face and knock her down from the pedestal she thinks she's on. For somebody to think they're better than other people is crazy she wants to talk about the other girl because she found a girl that she likes and has a connection with and wants to talk about her now is unbelievable and wants to talk about what she did for her birthday when she was just doing the same thing! I would love to see her in the street because I tell her how it is and f*** her up

• Love 3

I am binging on the season now. I can't help but wonder why this fool thinks she's on Survivor prison.

ETA: Just finished the episode where Jaclin leaves. So there has to be a prize element added in that I don't know about. Why else would this Weasel be gloating so much about out lasting someone?

I hope she gets roasted to hell if there is a reunion.

Edited by keke23
Further thought
  • Love 7
On 1/15/2018 at 5:21 PM, gunderda said:

AND seemed very giddy to do so if she needed.

She said it on several occasions!!! ? Then, how about the time Jackie stuck up for her and then Stephanie DID throw her under the bus because she was a scared azz bitch?! That was a bitch move!  She deserves to get her cowardly, jealous ass beat. She was jealous of Jaclyn for sure. Obviously no one can trust her. She's two faced. I can't wait until she gets what's due her. It may not be on this show, but she's got something coming to her for sure. Karma is a bitch & she is COMING for Stephanie. Even the real inmates were talking about how fucked up what that Stephanie did to Jackie was. Stephanie is EXTREMELY two faced and if I was Jaclyn after that B**TCH doing that to me, I'd have pulled Fat Mama, who probably can't fight worth a shit, aside & told her every damn word that POS Stephanie told me regarding her being bullied. See how much she likes jail then. Funny how the prettiest girl there & another known contestant trying to befriend her was who Stephanie decided to pick on. Why? Because she is a coward. She didn't say a damn WORD when the large barge was running her fat trap ? at her. Just sat there with her shook ass head facing down. Wouldn't last ten seconds in Camden County Jail. We'd have ate her for breakfast. ? 

Edited by LoveChilde82
  • Love 1

If the fight had gone down it’s interesting how many people by that point had taken Jaclin side.  Yeah Jaclin would have been bloody but my guess is no one actually liked Swole or Stephanie and would have taken their side except their room who had to due to prison politics and maybe one or two other people who Swole might have owned.   Stephanie was not well liked.   By the end Jaclin was.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

If the fight had gone down it’s intwres how many people by that point had taken Jaclin side.  Yeah Jaclin would have been bloody but my guess is no one actually liked Swole or Stephanie and would have taken their side except their room who had to due to prison politics and maybe one or two other people who Swole might have owned.   Stephanie was not well liked.   By the end Jaclin was.

Exactly!  I am not certain that the beat down would have occurred the way Swole thought it would have.  Most people in the pod were sick of Swole and her antics and I think, at that point, Jaclin was very well liked amongst her room and a few others.  You also have to remember that Angele was ready to defend Jaclin as well which means her room probably would have sided with her as well.  I'm not so sure anyone actually liked Swole and once it was obvious that she didn't have the support of the pod, I think any friends she may have thought she had would have melted away rather quickly.  No one wants to be on sinking ship.  That said, I have a lot of respect for Jaclin choosing to drop out to avoid others fighting on her behalf.  I just hate that when she was finally in the best position to learn some good intel, she had to drop out because of Stephanie's antics.  Stephanie may have made it to the end but she failed at the overall goal of the experiment which was to gather as much information as possible.  By taking out Jaclin and, I think, alienating a lot of women in the pod, she didn't really accrue that much information.  She just made it to the end, that's it, which wasn't really the overreaching point.  She's too stupid and self-involved to see that though.  

• Love 3