Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Harking back to the Jensen/M&G comments:  I have been fortunate enough to be at two of the con M&Gs now, and I can attest that Jensen does indeed love to talk about the show and Dean, when asked. I didn't get the chance to ask a question in the first one, but at the next one, (VegasCon 2017) I did, and Jensen gave very long and detailed answer, even quoting 'Dean' as part of his response. Most of the questions in both M&Gs were show/Dean related and it was a great joy to me to be able to hear him speak on it without interruption. I truly wish we got more show questions (of any sort) in the panels. In fact, I'd be okay with them only taking written (and screened) questions, pulled at random from a hat, if it meant we got more show discussion out of it.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Interesting since VanCon usually takes near the beginning of filming.

Makes we wonder next season will be a partial one that starts filming in the fall rather than the summer. 

Creation has shaken up its schedule quite a bit. Some cons are at different times, some traditional cities (like Toronto) aren't coming back at all, and some new cities added. I'm not reading anything (yet) into the new Vancouver date.

12 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Creation has shaken up its schedule quite a bit. Some cons are at different times, some traditional cities (like Toronto) aren't coming back at all, and some new cities added. I'm not reading anything (yet) into the new Vancouver date.

My other thought was that maybe there is too much going on around this time.  There was a filming, a con, comic con, and that golf event.  That meant neither Jensen nor Jared could get home for 3 weeks.  They had last weekend off, but then there is Van Con this weekend.  That means they only had the opportunity to get home once in five weeks.  Maybe they want to spread it out more.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Interesting since VanCon usually takes near the beginning of filming.

Makes we wonder next season will be a partial one that starts filming in the fall rather than the summer. 

Barring just scheduling for J2, I was thinking if  s14 is going to be the final season, which may not be the case, they could announce it at VanCon. 2018.  If they premiere s14 around the same time as s13 which is Oct 12,2017, then the weekend of October 18, 2018 would be the week after the premiere or possibly the week of if they pushed it back a week. They could announce at their "home" con in Vancouver where they film, and where the cast and crew spend nearly all their waking hours and some sleeping hours. I dunno it seems right to me they would do it there. I'm not saying this is the case, but I could see it.

8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Barring just scheduling for J2, I was thinking if  s14 is going to be the final season, which may not be the case, they could announce it at VanCon. 2018.  If they premiere s14 around the same time as s13 which is Oct 12,2017, then the weekend of October 18, 2018 would be the week after the premiere or possibly the week of if they pushed it back a week. They could announce at their "home" con in Vancouver where they film, and where the cast and crew spend nearly all their waking hours and some sleeping hours. I dunno it seems right to me they would do it there. I'm not saying this is the case, but I could see it.

I don't think the CW/WB powers-that-be would let them make such an announcement at a non-industry event like a Creation con.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't think the CW/WB powers-that-be would let them make such an announcement at a non-industry event like a Creation con.

Ah. Yeah that's a good point. Never mind. LOL

• Love 1

It wouldn`t make sense to do an announcement either way right now because IMO Season 13 is not the final one. So even if the CW announced "final Season 14", it would be confusing for more casual fans. Air the non-final Season as is and then announce whatever.

That`s what the CW has been doing lately. Reign, they renewed for Season 4 and then, before it aired, announced it was gonna be the final Season. TVD, they announced was gonna be the final 8th Season. Now Originals, they announced Season 4 will be the final. It allows them to capitalize on it and do a countdown thing a la "watch the final x-number of episodes of ... ". I`m pretty sure considering SPN`s longevity, they will make twice as much of a big deal out of that when the time comes.

4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

It wouldn`t make sense to do an announcement either way right now because IMO Season 13 is not the final one. So even if the CW announced "final Season 14", it would be confusing for more casual fans. Air the non-final Season as is and then announce whatever.

Users were referring to a con taking place in October 2018 not October 2017 :) So it would have taken place shortly after the premiere of S14 

Edited by Wayward Son
12 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I was referring to the Con in Oct 2018 which would be s14 theorectically :) That's what the tweet from SuperWiki was referencing. :)

• Love 1

I`m thinking a press announcement would happen during summer hiatus before Season 14. That`s how the CW rolls right now. So all the Cons after would probably be filled with goodbye Kumbayahs.  :)   But not announcements IMO.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`m thinking a press announcement would happen during summer hiatus before Season 14. That`s how the CW rolls right now. So all the Cons after would probably be filled with goodbye Kumbayahs.  :)   But not announcements IMO.  

Right. That's what Gonzosgrrl reminded me about. My point was that my post was referring to 2018 cons not 2017.  That's all I was trying to square away LOL. And I yes, I now agree with both of you that they wouldn't do what my spec was suggesting. Basically we all agree that I had no idea what I was talking about LOL

31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Seriously. *typing from the floor*

LOL that looks like one content man.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I tweeted,

Zepp = mini Jensen

Arrow = mini Danneel

JJ = perfect blend of both mom & dad

Jackpot, indeed!!

I'm a little opposite.

JJ = spitting image of Jensen
Arrow and Zeppelin look more like Danneel but a blend of both. 

LOL

How weird must it be to post photos of your family and within 15 or 20 minutes, 300K people have seen and liked it. And that's just Instagram. LOL

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I like how Matt Cohen had to get in on the action too!  Lol.

That made me chuckle! And let's not forget that Sam too is Jack's father-by-possession-four times removed!* So really everyone but Dean has a claim to being that boys daddy Lol 

Technically Cas is his father-by-possession-thrice-removed. If I remember right the Lucifer possession goes 

Sam (Swan Song) > Cas (Latter half of S11) > Vince Vincente > Arch bishop > President Jefferson. 

And now he's Nick again, but that happened after jack's conception and doesn't count LOL 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

That made me chuckle! And let's not forget that Sam too is Jack's father-by-possession-four times removed!* So really everyone but Dean has a claim to being that boys daddy Lol 

Actually.... if Matt Cohen is counting him as Hallucifer, then Dean does get in the mix too because he was Sam's Hallucifer for a hot minute. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Actually.... if Matt Cohen is counting him as Hallucifer, then Dean does get in the mix too because he was Sam's Hallucifer for a hot minute. 

Ooh I'd forgotten about that! Good thing I'm doing a full series rewatch ATM. Thanks for the reminder :) .

Lucky kid has a gazillion potential daddies haha

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

Ooh I'd forgotten about that! Good thing I'm doing a full series rewatch ATM. Thanks for the reminder :) .

Lucky kid has a gazillion potential daddies haha

But the reality is that kid is only President Jeff and Kelly's. I have no idea how it can even be Lucifer's LOL. But that's a discussion for another thread. 

Just now, catrox14 said:

But the reality is that kid is only President Jeff and Kelly's. I have no idea how it can even be Lucifer's LOL. But that's a discussion for another thread. 

Oh I know I'm just kidding as I'm sure was Misha :) . 

Just now, Wayward Son said:

Oh I know I'm just kidding as I'm sure was Misha :) . 

Yeah, I know. It just reminded me of how it bugged me. That's all. I'm not saying anything against Misha or anyone else. LOL

• Love 1
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm a little opposite.

JJ = spitting image of Jensen
Arrow and Zeppelin look more like Danneel but a blend of both. 

LOL

How weird must it be to post photos of your family and within 15 or 20 minutes, 300K people have seen and liked it. And that's just Instagram. LOL

I guess it's all perception.  I don't know how many times people said to me 'you look just like your mom'. Plot twist: I'm adopted. :) 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I guess it's all perception.  I don't know how many times people said to me 'you look just like your mom'. Plot twist: I'm adopted. :) 

Ha!

I just think every picture of JJ she looks like a mini Jensen. I don't think she looks much like Danneel. But then I don't really spend much time looking at either Danneel or JJ...LOL.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

When we were younger my sister and I went into a little mom and pop store where I said "my sister...." something or other. The lady said "oh, you look just like each other!" I'm Caucasian. My sister was adopted from Korea. Perception vs. politeness I guess! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I had a friend growing up who had an older half sister who I swore looked more like her step father than his natural children did.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen singing Whipping Post.

He just gets better and better.

It's hard to imagine this guy ^^^ was ever shy about singing in public. Just goes to show what positive reinforcement and support can do for a person. <3

• Love 6

What a performance!   (However... have to admit I hope Jensen comes up with a new song soon).

Looking forward to the panels... fingers crossed for some quality questions and not just 'ooooh pranks' or 'I was depressed but...'

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Looking forward to the panels... fingers crossed for some quality questions and not just 'ooooh pranks' or 'I was depressed but...'

Or what's your favorite moment, monster, prank, episode from the last 13 years?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's hard to imagine this guy ^^^ was ever shy about singing in public. Just goes to show what positive reinforcement and support can do for a person. <3

Is it a UO to say that it feels like a performance (that is, a different character, not Jensen)?  Not to say that I dislike it :) or think it's bad!  But what I remember is the end of "Eye of the Tiger," when I could *see* Dean stop and Jensen begin...it was as he jumped off the car, shook off Dean's cocky, swaggering mode, looked down and then gave this really sweet, sort of shy/embarrassed smile that was all Jensen.  I just think Jensen has learned to wear that "Dean mode" in his singing performance (and maybe puts it on as protection in his public appearances, which is probably a good thing for all--for us, to get to see "Dean" as well as Jensen, and for him to keep from being overwhelmed).  JMO.

ETA:  Please note, this is NOT an insult to Jensen.  I love the way he sings! (Though I do sometimes miss the quieter, more personal songs in the early days that were just him focusing on the guitar and the music, not playing to the audience as much.)  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I just think Jensen has learned to wear that "Dean mode" in his singing performance

I don't agree it's Dean mode.  It's Jensen mode.

They paid a lot of money and they're getting their bang for the buck, especially if a concert with Jensen singing is throw in.  He's a performer knocking himself out performing for the audience and having a shit-load of fun while doing it. Nothing "Dean" about it, in fact Dean would be whistling and stomping along with the rest of them and probably recording Jensen's version of this song onto his cassette tapes.

Edited by Pondlass1
5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't agree it's Dean mode.  It's Jensen mode.

They paid a lot of money and they're getting their bang for the buck, especially if a concert with Jensen singing is throw in.  He's a performer knocking himself out performing for the audience and having a shit-load of fun while doing it. Nothing "Dean" about it, in fact Dean would be whistling and stomping along with the rest of them and probably recording Jensen's version of this song onto his cassette tapes.

OK, sorry, bad wording.  It's not "Dean," but it *is* a performance, something he puts on for the show, not the "real" Jensen as he is with family and friends.  Many (most?) performers (especially if they're a little shy or very private in person) do that.  Again, not a criticism or insult, and I did say it's what it felt like *to me".  YMMV.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2

I agree that most performers have a "stage persona", especially when singing songs like that.  It's a bit different, IMO, if you're just sitting on stage with a guitar and your voice.  I think that's when Jensen's shyer self comes out.  Not to say he's not giving his all, because he obviously is, but it's still a performance.  With that being said, there's no way he does that 4 or 5 years ago.  He absolutely has come a long way with the support from the band and fans, and even he acknowledges how it's changed him for the better.  

Edited by MysteryGuest
Damn spellcheck!!
  • Love 1

I think Jensen and Jared both have con personas but not their characters.  I would think it's necessary to a degree. IMO, they can't let everything about themselves fly free to the fans all the time and stay sane.  There has to be some kind mental boundary. Jared plays up the goofy younger brother being goofy and slightly annoying to his ever suffering older brother. I don't think that is particularly  Dean and Sam but  "Jensen" and "Jared"

When Jensen sings IMO, he's "rockstar" Jensen for the cons. He's having fun and engaging the audience.  It's nice when he sings the quieter ballads but I think he goes "Rockstar" Jensen mostly for his own amusement. He seems to have a blast doing it and maybe he's living out his  own inner rockstar. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen singing Whipping Post.

He just gets better and better.

I don't know why but Sky Rockets in Flight cracks me up.  It is such a funny tee shirt  choice for such a rockin' Rock Star performance.

• Love 1

Having had the distinct pleasure of seeing Jensen sing Brother, live in Vegas, I have to respectfully disagree that it's not 'the real' Jensen on stage. I think every great performer emotes to the song they are singing, and I think that's what Jensen is doing with Whipping Post, just as he had his heart-on-his-sleeve performance of Brother. IMO, that's all Jensen, just sides of him we don't get to see except when he's singing.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Having had the distinct pleasure of seeing Jensen sing Brother, live in Vegas, I have to respectfully disagree that it's not 'the real' Jensen on stage. I

I'm not saying it's not the Real Jensen. It's an aspect of him as a performer.  I do think during panels it's a persona to an extent.

31 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It looks like Jensen is making a cameo in a movie.  He said he shot yesterday. 

Ooooohhhhhh.  Interesting.  Hmmm.  

• Love 1