Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Bessie said:

I don't view sharing or not sharing about oneself to be good or bad. It all depends on the individual. All I'm saying is that I believe there are tons of things I don't know about Padalecki and I wouldn't be shocked if he also got a tattoo. That's it. 

I never said anything about sharing (or not sharing) to be good or bad.  (I personally don't even belong to or read SM (except what shows up here) because I have a "thing" about privacy.)  I agreed with you about not knowing everything.  There are certainly many variables even just about this that we don't know. 

And the rest is, as I said, JMO.  YMMV.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:
1 hour ago, Bessie said:

He could have gotten a tat that spans his entire back and he still might not want to share it...yet.

Oh, he definitely could have. I was just thinking about Ackles' and how it's so gigantic that he wouldn't be able to keep it private for long unless he never wanted to wear a tshirt again. Which would suck in Texas. 

14 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Oh, he definitely could have. I was just thinking about Ackles' and how it's so gigantic that he wouldn't be able to keep it private for long unless he never wanted to wear a tshirt again. Which would suck in Texas. 

Well I know Jensen has some awesome arms and big shoulders but I don't think they are gigantic ;). The tat fits nicely over his reasonably sized shoulder nonetheless. I'll tell you who does have gigantic shoulders and arms and that's David Ramsey on Arrow. Lawdy that man has ARMS.  Whew.  

ETA. It looks to me like that tat ends right about the level of a short sleeved Tshirt so unless he's going with a tank top, I think it's not going to be that visible.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

It shouldn't be a problem as long as Jensen can get it covered up for the Shirtless scenes

It would be even less of a problem if Dean gets a tat-which I could and would totally buy and go for. And Jensen wouldn't have to sit in the make-up chair to have it covered up. IF he decides to continue on with Supernatural, that is.

And I'm sure he's well aware of how long it takes to cover up a tat. I remember reading that his female co-star in My Bloody Valentine had a lot of them that they had to cover up, and that, yes, it did take some time to do it. He, himself, said these things, so as regards that aspect, he knew what he was getting into by getting one, himself.

And tats are pretty common with actors, so I'm sure if they want an actor for a role, whether they have a tattoo or not would be of little importance. And that IS one of the duties of make-up people, after all.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

It would be even less of a problem if Dean gets a tat-which I could and would totally buy and go for. And Jensen wouldn't have to sit in the make-up chair to have it covered up. IF he decides to continue on with Supernatural, that is.

And I'm sure he's well aware of how long it takes to cover up a tat. I remember reading that his female co-star in My Bloody Valentine had a lot of them that they had to cover up, and that, yes, it did take some time to do it. He, himself, said these things, so as regards that aspect, he knew what he was getting into by getting one, himself.

And tats are pretty common with actors, so I'm sure if they want an actor for a role, whether they have a tattoo or not would be of little importance. And that IS one of the duties of make-up people, after all.

I was being sarcastic.  I'm sure covering up the tattoo will not be an issue or he wouldn't have gotten one.  He and Jared did comment about not wanting to sit in the makeup chair while tatts are covered up but I guess it isn't an issue anymore.  I also wonder if they can fix that in post production now without the makeup.

27 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I was being sarcastic.  I'm sure covering up the tattoo will not be an issue or he wouldn't have gotten one.  He and Jared did comment about not wanting to sit in the makeup chair while tatts are covered up but I guess it isn't an issue anymore.  I also wonder if they can fix that in post production now without the makeup.

That's a good point. I bet they can, especially if it's just a glimpse from the edge of shirt-sleeve - like if Dean was fighting in a t-shirt. *Imagines* aaand, now I need moment. *g*

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That's a good point. I bet they can, especially if it's just a glimpse from the edge of shirt-sleeve - like if Dean was fighting in a t-shirt. *Imagines* aaand, now I need moment. *g*

Talk amongst yourselves....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That one fallen feather could be all we see and that could be played off as an homage to his fallen BF, Castiel. Seriously. And NO I don't think that's what the single feather is there just saying that it could be worked into the SL.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Haha... I'll eat my hat if he doesn't.

I'll take that bet.  What timeline are we talking?  A couple weeks?  A couple months?  I don't think it counts if its a few years down the road - since the implication is that Jared either did it at the same time or will do it soon after as a copycat. 

Keep your salt shaker handy.

18 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'll only be surprised if it isn't unveiled in a people.com spread. :)

Green ain't your color.

• Love 3

I won't be surprised if Jared gets a tattoo at some point down the road.  He already tried to fake us out once, if I recall.  Didn't he get some sort of temporary Texas Star tattoo a few years ago?  The fans went crazy at the time.  Anyway, if he does get one, I certainly don't think it would be to copy Jensen.  They're friends, and they have similar taste, so even if seeing Jensen's tattoo ends up being the impetus for Jared to get one, that's pretty typical of friends.  There's certainly nothing wrong with that, and it's not a competition.  

I'll be honest that this is the sort of Jensen vs. Jared stuff that I just don't get.  Regardless of who your particular favorite is between the two, the reality is that they're friends...very close friends.  Their friendship, and their friendship with Misha are what makes this show so special.  It's amazing to me that those relationships are the basis of so much conflict among the fans.

• Love 5

Awww, I like Jared just fine, and I 100% believe all three of them (J2M) are friends, and that J2 have a special and unique friendship. I also believe that Jared tends to follow things that Jensen does/says/likes (like a lot of close friends do). It's all good.

I am not sure where this fits in the myriad threads, but just in case there are those who don't know and may be interested, Creation is live-streaming (via paid Stage-it shows) most of the panels from the upcoming con in New Orleans as well as the Saturday Night Special. I've 'attended' of these broadcasts so far - they are pretty stable and well done, and getting a little better each time as far as camera work goes. It's a nice way for those who can't be there to experience the panels 'live'. Not sure the etiquette of posting links for such things here, but if you go to stageit.com and search Supernatural, you'll see all the links and prices.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I won't be surprised if Jared gets a tattoo at some point down the road.  He already tried to fake us out once, if I recall.  Didn't he get some sort of temporary Texas Star tattoo a few years ago?  The fans went crazy at the time.  Anyway, if he does get one, I certainly don't think it would be to copy Jensen.  They're friends, and they have similar taste, so even if seeing Jensen's tattoo ends up being the impetus for Jared to get one, that's pretty typical of friends.  There's certainly nothing wrong with that, and it's not a competition.  

I'll be honest that this is the sort of Jensen vs. Jared stuff that I just don't get.  Regardless of who your particular favorite is between the two, the reality is that they're friends...very close friends.  Their friendship, and their friendship with Misha are what makes this show so special.  It's amazing to me that those relationships are the basis of so much conflict among the fans.

I always find these conversations so funny because I remember when I bought the same exact jacket my older sister had totally independent of each other, but people thought we bought them together so we would match when out together. And then years later I bought the same pair of shoes my other sister had and people again assumed we did it on purpose when I hadn't even seen that sister for a few months.

Not everything Jared and Jensen does has to be about each other. Sometimes people just have similar tastes... . 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

I'll swim against the stream too and say I really don't like tattoos.  That being said, I guess it's really up to Gen whether or not Jared ends up with a tat in the future.  Just like I told a guy I work with a few years ago when he was considering waxing the hair off his chest: what's your wife say?  (He didn't do it.  lol.) 

13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am not sure where this fits in the myriad threads, but just in case there are those who don't know and may be interested, Creation is live-streaming (via paid Stage-it shows) most of the panels from the upcoming con in New Orleans as well as the Saturday Night Special. I've 'attended' of these broadcasts so far - they are pretty stable and well done, and getting a little better each time as far as camera work goes. It's a nice way for those who can't be there to experience the panels 'live'. Not sure the etiquette of posting links for such things here, but if you go to stageit.com and search Supernatural, you'll see all the links and prices.

Thanks for this info.  I had no idea.  I just know that I'm not about to spend the money to go to a con.  :)  This is another good way for the company to make money.  I wonder if the guests also get a portion of the proceeds or if they are hired for a set fee.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Thanks for this info.  I had no idea.  I just know that I'm not about to spend the money to go to a con.  :)  This is another good way for the company to make money.  I wonder if the guests also get a portion of the proceeds or if they are hired for a set fee.

Oh, this is for sure another cash grab for Creation, and I don't think it's been disclosed if the guests receive any of the money. If it has, I'm not aware of it. Maybe others are...  I think it's Creation's way of combating/competing with the fan vids from the events - but I've also never been asked to stop videoing at an event, so I'll give them that. This is a good way to experience the Q&As in real time - I think it's a great idea.

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Oh, this is for sure another cash grab for Creation, and I don't think it's been disclosed if the guests receive any of the money. If it has, I'm not aware of it. Maybe others are...  I think it's Creation's way of combating/competing with the fan vids from the events - but I've also never been asked to stop videoing at an event, so I'll give them that. This is a good way to experience the Q&As in real time - I think it's a great idea.

I think the guest has to agree to the live streaming. I don't know if that means they get a portion of the money, but I know Mark Sheppard opted out on the live streaming while almost everyone else did it. If I remember right, there were very few fan vids posted after, all I could find were the stage it vids, which made me think they didn't allow fans to video the panels that were live streaming. 

Are the Q&As going to be available for the live streaming? I thought it was just the general panels? The Q&As are supposed to be something special--a more personal and off-the-cuff experience--and they don't allow any recording for those already.

1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

I think the guest has to agree to the live streaming. I don't know if that means they get a portion of the money, but I know Mark Sheppard opted out on the live streaming while almost everyone else did it. If I remember right, there were very few fan vids posted after, all I could find were the stage it vids, which made me think they didn't allow fans to video the panels that were live streaming. 

Are the Q&As going to be available for the live streaming? I thought it was just the general panels? The Q&As are supposed to be something special--a more personal and off-the-cuff experience--and they don't allow any recording for those already.

The Q&As are the panels, at least as I am referring to them. The meet and greets are private and no recording, photography or even public discussion of those are allowed. Fangasm used to give tidbits and paraphrased reports, but even those were kiboshed.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The Q&As are the panels, at least as I am referring to them. The meet and greets are private and no recording, photography or even public discussion of those are allowed. Fangasm used to give tidbits and paraphrased reports, but even those were kiboshed.

Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the Meet & Greets as Q&As. Sorry!

10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the Meet & Greets as Q&As. Sorry!

No worries :)  And you're right about Mark opting out - he's also not participating in the NOLA stage-its. They are offering Gil, Julian, R2M, Ruth, J2 (afternoon) and Misha, as well as the concert on Saturday night. ETA: Briana, Alaina and Sam Smith are also guests, but aren't on the stage-it list.  I don't know if Mark's choice is because of his upcoming parting of ways with Creation, or simply because it would be really hard to film his, as he often walks through the audience, rather than remaining on stage as most of them do. I have yet to successfully record one of his panels. Ironically, I gave up in Toronto and decided to just grab a few photos, and of course he was on the stage most of the time this time. I think it was probably because he was quite sick with a cold. Figures tho, lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
Clarification
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

No worries :)  And you're right about Mark opting out - he's also not participating in the NOLA stage-its. They are offering Gil, Julian, R2M, Ruth, J2 (afternoon) and Misha, as well as the concert on Saturday night. ETA: Briana, Alaina and Sam Smith are also guests, but aren't on the stage-it list.  I don't know if Mark's choice is because of his upcoming parting of ways with Creation, or simply because it would be really hard to film his, as he often walks through the audience, rather than remaining on stage as most of them do. I have yet to successfully record one of his panels. Ironically, I gave up in Toronto and decided to just grab a few photos, and of course he was on the stage most of the time this time. I think it was probably because he was quite sick with a cold. Figures tho, lol.

I wonder if it's more a philosophical difference Mark likes the interactions with the fans, so he might just see the live streaming as not his thing because he can't interact with the people on the other end?

5 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I wonder if it's more a philosophical difference Mark likes the interactions with the fans, so he might just see the live streaming as not his thing because he can't interact with the people on the other end?

It may well be. Only thing I'm sure of - we'll probably never know for sure. LOL!  The man is an enigma. :)  It was great to see him get so much love at the con though - I'll miss him, and Crowley!

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Is someone making a dig at Jared? O.o 

I don't think so. I think it's a general comment not directed at Jared. If it's a dig at all it might be a dig at fandom complaining to him about that show on SM LOL.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think so. I think it's a general comment not directed at Jared. If it's a dig at all it might be a dig at fandom complaining to him about that show on SM LOL.

I dunno the fact he chose to praise a restaurant / service in contrast to Jared’s complaint suggests that it could be a dig at Jared as opposed to fandom, but it’s open to interpretation of course :)

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I dunno the fact he chose to praise a restaurant / service in contrast to Jared’s complaint suggests that it could be a dig at Jared as opposed to fandom, but it’s open to interpretation of course :)

Is he complimenting a company that Jared dragged in SM?

Honestly, I don't know why he would take a dig at Jared this way. It seems pretty pointless.  I'm not defending Michaels or Jared here. Just don't see the point of him doing this. He's essentially one of Jared's bosses so if he has an issue with Jared I would think he would call him and tell him to knock it off. I don't think he's going to take to SM to do it.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Is he complimenting a company that Jared dragged in SM?

Honestly, I don't know why he would take a dig at Jared this way. It seems pretty pointless.  I'm not defending Michaels or Jared here. Just don't see the point of him doing this. He's essentially one of Jared's bosses so if he has an issue with Jared I would think he would call him and tell him to knock it off. I don't think he's going to take to SM to do it.

I’m not sure what companies Jared complained about. I just meant that it did seem to havea bit of a passive aggressive “See I can actually praise companies who earn it unlike some people who like to complain all the time”. Was he thinking of Jared when he wrote that? Who knows, but I find the timing curious.

• Love 3

Jim Michaels is generally swooning over Jared on social media, so I would be surprised if he actually intended it that way. Sure seems like a lot of folks on the tweet thread think so though. Yikes.

ETA: I think Jim is mostly tone-deaf - he's also the one who tweeted 'you never know' about Mark S's potential to return to SPN.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I’m not sure what companies Jared complained about. I just meant that it did seem to havea bit of a passive aggressive “See I can actually praise companies who earn it unlike some people who like to complain all the time”. Was he thinking of Jared when he wrote that? Who knows, but I find the timing curious.

After all the other occasions that Jared has done something similar and much more egregiously, why Michaels would pick this occasion to shade him a week later...seems unlikely to me. But that's just me.

I think it's Michaels making himself look magnanimous on SM and shading the whole idea of SM shaming, not particular to Jared.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Is someone making a dig at Jared? O.o

Sure seems like a shot, doesn’t it. First Sheppard, now this. Maybe things aren’t so hunky dory behind the scenes. Interesting

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

12 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Sure seems like a shot, doesn’t it. First Sheppard, now this. Maybe things aren’t so hunky dory behind the scenes. Interesting

I think people are reading WAY too much into this--I'm sure Michaels is not making a swipe at one of his stars.  Way too much reading into a few things because they are close in time. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I think people are reading WAY too much into this--I'm sure Michaels is not making a swipe at one of his stars. 

Could be. I'm not a big believer in coincidence, though. And this would be one hell of a coincidence. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bessie said:

Could be. I'm not a big believer in coincidence, though. And this would be one hell of a coincidence. 

Why would he publicly go after Jared? Honestly asking what his motivation for doing so would be? He didn't shade Mark S.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why would he publicly go after Jared? 

No idea. I know nothing about their relationship. Twitter encourages thoughtless comments that would be better off left unsaid. 

11 minutes ago, Bessie said:

No idea. I know nothing about their relationship. Twitter encourages thoughtless comments that would be better off left unsaid. 

Nor do I. I'm thinking of it from a public, professional angle that it doesn't really serve Michaels, who is the on-site EP and deals with casting, budgets, money, location scouting to shade the #1 actor on the call sheet via social media for something that happened a week ago. But that's just me.

41 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why would he publicly go after Jared? Honestly asking what his motivation for doing so would be? He didn't shade Mark S.

There is a whole lot of irony happening on that tweet thread. By assuming it's about Jared, they are the ones who are dragging him and keeping the flames burning. Not to mention going after Jim with insults and threats when they don't have all (or any) of the facts - kind of what they accused people of doing to Jared.  I am no fan of Jim Michaels, but this is the kind of thing that paints fandom with a broad, nasty brush.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm thinking of it from a public, professional angle that it doesn't really serve Michaels, who is the on-site EP and deals with casting, budgets, money, location scouting to shade the #1 actor on the call sheet via social media for something that happened a week ago.

Valid perspective. I'm thinking of it with the idea that a lead of his show did exactly what he was bitching about just a few days ago. The ensuing firestorm went on for days. It involved another SPN regular, other celebrities and much of the online fandom.  

Was he really unaware of this? Rhetorical question; don't feel like I'm asking you for an answer.

I think we're just approaching this from different angles.

ETA: I don’t disagree with a word you wrote, which is why I find it interesting. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 2

It's just the same group of loud-mouthed trolls that seem to be everywhere.  I swear they must monitor every account they have 24/7 so the can immediately pounce and spread their bullshit throughout the fandom.  It really does cast the fans in a bad light, but you know it's probably just a handful of people.  It's unfortunate, and I swear it's getting worse.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Now you have to decide if you believe.

ETA: He deleted the original tweet. What a fandom.

Wow. So a nice thing to the Omaha Steaks people gets misconstrued by fans and he deletes. Which of course will just feed those that think he was shading Jared. Sigh.

Edited by catrox14
4 hours ago, Jakes said:

I think people are reading WAY too much into this--I'm sure Michaels is not making a swipe at one of his stars.  Way too much reading into a few things because they are close in time. 

I agree much to do about nothing.

• Love 1

To go back a bit...

14 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I can't speak directly to this exact thing, but I do have some experience with face to face vs more of a live streaming type thing. I give a lot of talks as part of my job - which is interesting considering as a graduate student it used to scare me stupid - and I much prefer to be face to face. I give long talks. It's required for the continuing education credits. So I like to see the audience's reactions to things and be engaged with them. When I have to use Collaborate or something like that instead, I find it disconcerting. The audience sees my slide presentation and a small photo of me, but I don't see them... It feels like I'm talking to myself in an office for an hour with the occasional text message question in a box - if I'm lucky - to know that anyone is even paying attention.

So I can entirely understand someone wanting audience interaction. Not to mention the added thing of knowing that what you are saying is being recorded for anyone to play back any potential missteps. My talks are sometimes recorded, but with a live audience I can sort of forget that part and put it aside, because the audience feedback helps the energy. Being alone in a room talking, I'm more aware of it being recorded, and with no feedback, I can start wondering "are they bored? Do I need to ask more questions? Tell an interesting story?" It's much easier for me to second guess myself and potentially try to overcompensate when I  know that there are people out there listening who I have no idea how they are reacting. I keep more notes for myself in those cases to keep myself "grounded."

So I would agree... for me speaking to an audience face to face is much, much better.

• Love 2

The thing is, the stage-it is not an interactive experience. Nothing changes for the guest except that they are being filmed, which, let's be honest - they know they are, whether it's 'official' or not. From cell phones to video cameras to the in-theater big screens, they are aware they are always 'on'.  My guess is Mark just isn't looking to make Creation any extra money at this point. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
clarity
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

My guess is Mark just isn't looking to make Creation any extra money at this point. 

I think this is more likely.  

Edited by ahrtee

J2M are featured in this article from Hypable

Rise Up, Wise Up, Eyes Up: These Celebrity Charity Campaigns Are Worth Your Attention Right Now

10:15 am EDT, October 25, 2017

by Natalie Fisher

https://www.hypable.com/celebrity-charity-campaigns-worth-your-attention/

Jensen Ackles and The CW – “Stronger Than Storms”

“Please help us as we work to get those impacted by these terrible disasters the help they need. Our love for one another truly is Stronger than Storms, and your support means the world to us.”

Texas is home to Supernatural’s Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, so when Hurricane Harvey hit the Houston area in August, the concept of a relief fundraiser within that particular fandom, one that’s raised tens of millions of dollars in support of causes the stars bring into the spotlight, wasn’t a question of if – just when and how. On this occasion, Ackles and his wife Danneel took to Crowdrise in the first instance, posting a campaign in the name of their new family brewery project. 100% of these proceeds are being distributed to local organizations by Random Acts, the non-profit founded by Ackles’ co-star Misha Collins, of which Danneel Ackles is also a board member. Family Business Beer Co also sold a t-shirt for those who want to rep their support, and Jared and Genevieve Padalecki partnered with another retailer, Pop & Suki, to create a jewelry product for the relief effort. Supernatural’s home network The CW later added their official support to this campaign, elevating the initial person-to-person campaigning among the Supernatural community and exposing it to a much wider audience, via the casts of many of their other hit shows, such as Supergirl and The Flash. In the weeks that followed, has Hurricane Irma battered Florida and Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, Random Acts pledged to expand the fundraiser to include support for those areas in need as well. The campaign’s initial goal was $50,000 – it hit this within a day and was doubled by a matching donation from the Ackles family, and the target has now increased to $500,000. The Family Business t-shirt campaign has ended, but you can still donate directly or buy a Paperclip Chain today.

Misha Collins – Dreams to Acts: Nicaragua

“We believe in following the lead of locals in empowering their communities rather than imposing our ideas, so you can be confident that your support of these projects will lead to genuine improvements in people’s lives.”

You’ll have seen Random Acts, the non-profit organization founded by Supernatural’s Misha Collins, namedropped a couple of times already in this feature – this organization has a lot of fingers in a lot of pies, spreading their resources across the globe to assist in funding or facilitating random acts of kindness, large and small, wherever needed. The Dreams to Acts projects are perhaps the most ambitious of their endeavors: multi-year initiatives to identify needs within certain communities, and make those into reality. In recent years, Random Acts has been assisting in the building of a new campus for the Free High School in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua – a grassroots nonprofit organization that provides access to education for adolescents and adults who are excluded from regular schools. Each year, the organization runs a fundraising drive and takes a group of volunteers and top fundraisers out to the site to assist in the current works, and the school is almost completed – this year’s drive will go towards the construction of a second building and outfitting the school with supplies before its projected opening date in February 2018. Nicaragua is Random Acts’ second major destination project since its inception in 2010 – the first, now completed and operating, was the building of the Jacmel Children’s Center, an orphanage in Haiti. You can currently support one of the many volunteers attempting to attend the next trip to Nicaragua – spots are granted to the first 25 supporters who manage to raise $5000 through the official Crowdrise, so take your pick – or you can purchase a 2018 “Women of Supernatural” calendar via Stands, with free shipping worldwide and 100% of proceeds going towards the Jacmel Children’s Center.

Edited by catrox14

Fun little boomerangs of J2M BTS. Click on the white arrow to play each video. Click the little white arrows to the right and left to see the boomerangs for each.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1