Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I hope this is the correct thread for this.  Interesting interview with the actress who played the witch Daniela in War of the Worlds: https://movietvtechgeeks.com/behind-scenes-supernatural-war-worlds-farrah-aviva/

After some of the bad publicity lately for one thing or another, this was especially nice to read:

And needless to say, working with Jensen and Jared was a highlight.  They have a fantastic reputation amongst the acting community. 

I also didn't know this:

I was actually in episode 7.19.  A morsel of a part.  Basically, I played a psycho ghost that yells into the camera.

And now I want to go back and rewatch 7.19 to see if I recognize her.  :)

• Love 3

And that sent me to the interview with Lisa Berry. Spoilers through so 13.05 at least.

Interesting stuff about the scene with Dean and Billie and why it was so powerful. A long take was allowed. That's coo.

https://movietvtechgeeks.com/lisa-berry-talks-supernatural-death-wayward-sisters/

Lisa: Oh yeah, and our director [John Showalter] was so great – at the time I was very much in the theater world, so all you do is you show up and you do a play. You know all of your lines, and you just go for it. There’s no cut, try that again. And [on this episode] everybody was kinda just like ohhh he wants to kinda film it just like one shot, like continuously going and not breaking it up. In TV a lot of times you only have to know so much of your dialogue, and then you cut and then you can take it from there and space it out. But a scene like that, I was definitely an advocate for no, let’s just do it as one scene.

Lynn: And it so worked. It’s interesting too because Jensen has said that one of the things that frustrates him sometimes – and they’ve sorta gotten away from it in Supernatural because they’ve been doing this so long – but it’s doing those very fragmented repeated takes kind of thing. He and Jared sorta joke about it like when they do it too many times, it’s like ‘I’m running on repeats’. Like you won’t get the best stuff.

• Love 2

I just now noticed that the woman who plays Bobby's wife in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid also played the nurse that Dean tries to talk to in In My Time of Dying.  I love how this show uses the same actors in different roles...and just how long it actually takes me to figure it out!

• Love 1

December 21, 2017 10:00am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum

Excerpt

Diehard fans of The CW's veteran drama are turning out in droves to support star Jim Beaver's 16-year-old niece with financial donations and words of encouragement.

Supernatural co-star Jim Beaver can attest to the power of fan communities.  

The actor, who has been with The CW's long-running sci-fi drama for all 13 seasons, shared some extremely personal news on his social media pages Nov. 18 when he wrote that his 16-year-old grandniece, Kira, had been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. Kira, whom Beaver refers to as his niece despite her being his niece's daughter, was preparing to take her driver's test when her vision started to fail. Five weeks later, Kira's health dramatically deteriorated — the result of an especially dangerous brain tumor.

"It's a rare one," Beaver tells The Hollywood Reporter. "It's a very scary disease, and she's got one of the scarier variations. They don't know much about how to treat it, and the treatments are, in some ways, experimental and insurance companies aren't crazy about paying for them. It's a terrifying time for us as a family."

Beaver, who has raised money for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation and Rainbow House — an Oklahoma charity that provides food and clothing to members of the Cherokee Nation — immediately turned to the Supernatural fandom after seeing Kira's parents attempting to crowdfund to help pay for Kira's rapidly rising medical expenses.

How 'Supernatural' Fans are Helping a Star's Niece Fight a Rare Form of Brain Cancer

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supernatural-jim-beaver-kira-cancer-fight-interview-1069537

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

9 TV Moments That Broke Our Hearts in 2017
Tuesday, December 19, 2017

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/9-tv-moments-that-broke-our-he-67107.aspx

SPOILERS FOR MANY SHOWS. .

9 TV Moments That Broke Our Hearts in 2017
Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Supernatural - Dean Pulls Mary out of Her Brainwashing

Jensen and Samantha killed that scene.  It was a highlight in a pretty lowlight season.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:57 PM, SueB said:

This.  And the same with Jared.  They legit love their jobs, their characters, and this ride they're on.  Yes, they've publicly made it clear they are torn over family obligations ("we don't want to be John Winchester) but they are both making it work IMO.  

Sue I'd be interested in how long do you think will the J's want to continue doing Supernatural...since you've met them and have heard their talk about family obligations and the love of the show.  What is your read on when they will finally say that it's enough and when you hear them address this in person.  Jessica from Tree Topper thinks season 14 will be the last--most likely stopping at episode 300 which from time to time has been thrown out from time to time as possible.   Her theory is Wayward gets picked up and replaces Supernatural at mid-season--and that way most of the crew continues to keep their jobs as J2M go off to other things.  What do you think of that theory?  She gives it a 75% chance.

Edited by Jakes
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

By the time we leave, Dr. Hess wants to know everything about our friends, the Winchesters. Their allies, their habits,

Wow!  That would have saved Toni a lot of time an trouble at the beginning of S12.  Pssst...just bug the place or I don't know go through Sam's phone.

• Love 1

I don't see how any fan speculation can be anything more than just that. It doesn't take any particular insight or insider knowledge to speculate the end is near(ish) at this point. It's a thirteen year old show. Any season from here on out could legitimately be predicted as the last. It seems there are a lot of people who want to be 'right' about it and claim some sort of, scoop? clairvoyance? insider-ness?  but it's pretty much shooting fish in a barrel.

As to the crew keeping their jobs - isn't Wayward Whatevers being filmed in California?

ETA: I'll eat my hat if they stop at 300 or part way through any season.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Sue I'd be interested in how long do you think will the J's want to continue doing Supernatural...since you've met them and have heard their talk about family obligations and the love of the show.  What is your read on when they will finally say that it's enough and when you hear them address this in person.  Jessica from Tree Topper thinks season 14 will be the last--most likely stopping at episode 300 when from time to time has been thrown out from time to time.   Her theory is Wayward gets picked up and replaces Supernatural at mid-season--and that way most of the crew continues to keep their jobs as J2M go off to other things.  What do you think of that theory?  She gives it a 75% chance.

I'm not @SueB, but it's sounding like Wayward most likely won't be filmed in Vancouver if it gets picked up, so the crew won't be the same. And, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if Wayward gets picked up, it will be for the fall schedule, not a mid-season replacement. 

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't see how any fan speculation can be anything more than just that. It doesn't take any particular insight or insider knowledge to speculate the end is near(ish) at this point. It's a thirteen year old show. Any season from here on out could legitimately be predicted as the last. It seems there are a lot of people who want to be 'right' about it and claim some sort of, scoop? clairvoyance? insider-ness?  but it's pretty much shooting fish in a barrel.

Until last season, I predicted every season since S10 would be the last. I decided when they got renewed for S13 I sucked at predictions and really should stop. That said, I predict Supernatural will go two more seasons. That's full 23-episode seasons, BTW. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
17 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

As to the crew keeping their jobs - isn't Wayward Whatevers being filmed in California?

ETA: I'll eat my hat if they stop at 300 or part way through any season.

Personally I can see the show ending at 14 if the J's are ready or go and up to 15 or 16--probably don't see it going farther than that.  Not sure you guys are right that Waywards  would film in California?  Could be but I assumed it would be Vancouver like many CW shows--where did you all hear...California?

26 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Personally I can see the show ending at 14 if the J's are ready or go and up to 15 or 16--probably don't see it going farther than that.  Not sure you guys are right that Waywards  would film in California?  Could be but I assumed it would be Vancouver like many CW shows--where did you all hear...California?

Oh, not California. I mean, it could, but I'd say Georgia or maybe North Carolina would be more likely than California. The reason why so many shows are filmed in Canada is that, until recently, they gave generous tax incentives to film productions. I don't remember where I heard it, but it sounds like they're looking at filming in the states if the show gets picked up due to the reduction in those tax credits. 

Personally, I  hope they're considering Portland, Oregon simply because one of the fun parts of watching The Librarians--and previously Leverage--was that, as a former resident, it was fun to see some of the locations they chose. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
8 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Oh, not California. I mean, it could, but I'd say Georgia or maybe North Carolina would be more likely than California. The reason why so many shows are filmed in Canada is that, until recently, they gave generous tax incentives to film productions. I don't remember where I heard it, but it sounds like they're looking at filming in the states if the show gets picked up due to the reduction in those tax credits. 

Personally, I  hope they're considering Portland, Oregon simply because one of the fun parts of watching The Librarians--and previously Leverage--was that, as a former resident, it was fun to see some of the locations they chose. 

I’d be surprised but thrilled if it filmed here in North Carolina. The state legislature removed the tax breaks a few years ago and basically killed the film industry in the state.

Daneel filmed One Tree Hill here, and Jensen probably filmed here when he was on Dawson’s Creek. But I don’t think any shows film here now.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

I’d be surprised but thrilled if it filmed here in North Carolina. The state legislature removed the tax breaks a few years ago and basically killed the film industry in the state.

Daneel filmed One Tree Hill here, and Jensen probably filmed here when he was on Dawson’s Creek. But I don’t think any shows film here now.

Oh, that's right, I'd forgotten that North Carolina rescinded their tax credits. 

10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Oh, that's right, I'd forgotten that North Carolina rescinded their tax credits. 

I might have quit my job for the chance to be an extra if Wayward Sisters filmed in NC, so maybe it’s for the best. :)

I can see why it might be filmed in L.A. vs Vancouver.

Kim Rhodes lives in L.A. with her daughter, who has autism, so a move might be rough on her child (or not). Kathryn Newton's career seems to be taking off so filming in L.A. might help her. Briana and Katherine Ramdeen are both Canadians so they would have to move to L.A.  That said if it's only going to be a 13 episode series they wouldn't have to be in Vancouver for 9 to 10 months like a 23 episode series would be.

Who knows. I don't see them moving the production to N.C. or Atlanta without major tax incentives and L.A seems to be doing that more and more these days. 

Maybe they don't want to take the whole crew to Wayward either.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jakes said:

Sue I'd be interested in how long do you think will the J's want to continue doing Supernatural...since you've met them and have heard their talk about family obligations and the love of the show.  What is your read on when they will finally say that it's enough and when you hear them address this in person.  Jessica from Tree Topper thinks season 14 will be the last--most likely stopping at episode 300 which from time to time has been thrown out from time to time as possible.   Her theory is Wayward gets picked up and replaces Supernatural at mid-season--and that way most of the crew continues to keep their jobs as J2M go off to other things.  What do you think of that theory?  She gives it a 75% chance.

I think what they want and what they can negotiate may not be the same thing.  I get Jessica's '300' theory but I think that's insufficient time for the CW to milk out the end/transition.

I DO think Wayward will be picked up if it even approaches good numbers with the Pilot.  

What I suspect:
- S14 will be a full year
- S15 will be a different kind of schedule - like a 7 episode miniseries or a 13 episode season

What I think the WB wants:
- To come up with a solid handoff to Wayward with sufficient overlap that Wayward is supported by the mothership in terms of lead-in for a full year.
- To come up with a way to keep the story going but accepting different terms if they have "Wayward" in hand.  

What I think CW wants:
- Supernatural S14 & S15 full seasons full stop.  They are like the cockroaches of TV shows -- they aren't killable.  They are performing #2 on the network.

What I think the boys want:
- I suspect they want an exit strategy.  They can live with delayed gratification (i.e. more than just making 300) but there has to be an agreed to plan.
- Good stories. They are probably going to want to hear where Andrew is taking the show. Is the story worth another X amount of episodes?
- Some story control for the 'endstate'.  I don't think they will put that in their contracts but I could be wrong. I think they want veto power over anything that leaves a bad taste in their mouth.  
- Some sort of soft exit -- not just a 'blaze of glory' after a full S14.  Something that allows miniseries or TV movies or something.

So, they started dialog in early November.  I think an announcement for Wayward will not be made without an announcement for Supernatural.  I suspect early pickup in March. Maybe as early as late January, could be as late as May. Unlike what some people think, I believe the network WILL be the one to announce when it's the final year IF S14 is the final year.  If it's a more complex strategy beyond S14, they may let it be a Comic Con announcements I think some people will be surprised at the length of overlap.  

IF they end right at 300, I think it'll be because the boys couldn't get what they want in terms of exit strategy.  

Bottom Line: For the WB, I think establishing Wayward is tied to their strategy for Supernatural. For the CW, they'll take evey episode they can get. For the boys, they want an exit strategy and are flexible based on quality of storytelling. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I can see why it might be filmed in L.A. vs Vancouver.

Kim Rhodes lives in L.A. with her daughter, who has autism, so a move might be rough on her child (or not). Kathryn Newton's career seems to be taking off so filming in L.A. might help her. Briana and Katherine Ramdeen are both Canadians so they would have to move to L.A.  That said if it's only going to be a 13 episode series they wouldn't have to be in Vancouver for 9 to 10 months like a 23 episode series would be.

Who knows. I don't see them moving the production to N.C. or Atlanta without major tax incentives and L.A seems to be doing that more and more these days. 

Maybe they don't want to take the whole crew to Wayward either.

Yeah if it is 13 episodes. No need to move. Now if they moved SPN, I can see both shows moving. I doubt SPN is ever moving. So WD makes sense to stay in Vancouver. But it is possible they might be based in L.A. Briana will just have to make the move with her family, and I'm sure Katherine isn't tied up with family and would move easily. 

Edited by nightwing877

@catrox14 DCCon .... Jared, Kim, and Briana.  Can't recall if it was onstage, M&G or PJ party. Since multiple people are reporting, I think at least ONE of them mentioned it on-stage. Hence, not a secret. 

Edited by SueB
2 hours ago, SueB said:

@catrox14 DCCon .... Jared, Kim, and Briana.  Can't recall if it was onstage, M&G or PJ party. Since multiple people are reporting, I think at least ONE of them mentioned it on-stage. Hence, not a secret. 

Thanks for the reply. It's weird that none of the media outlets have mentioned it not being filmed in Vancouver if it gets picked up. Must be pretty hush hush.

53 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Thanks for the reply. It's weird that none of the media outlets have mentioned it not being filmed in Vancouver if it gets picked up. Must be pretty hush hush.

Could be a pressure tactic by the WB.   If you recall this article: https://www.biv.com/article/2016/5/warner-bros-supernatural-worth-over-half-billion-d/

the WB may be pressuring Vancouver for a better deal.  In the last few years Vancouver cut some of the tax breaks.  By putting Wayward someplace else, that takes the Supernatural cash cow out of Vancouver once the mothership ends. 

But as of November, it's not in Vancouver. 

Could be literally real-estate issues at the Burnbury location.  Plus they don't need the locations as much as Supernatural does. 

If I was WB, I'd place it at a location that is as low as possible for production.  It's a well known story that CW doesn't pay what it costs for Supernatural.  WB gets their money from International sales, DVD/Netflix/iTunes, etc..  That might or might not continue.  SO many variables.  For example, Wonder Woman got the bulk of it's money from US box office.  Most Superhero films do better overseas.  They may worry that the lucrative international sales won't be as high for the all-female spin-off.  Furhter, they would want to keep quality high to keep the SPN crowd but may need to lower production costs. I suspect that had to do with the 'stay in one location' story line.  Plus they have an ensemble casts.  Sure, the 6 probably don't add up to the current 2+1 BUT, if it goes on for years, that might make cast salaries unsustainable. 

Bottom line: this will be a financial-based decision.  I don't know the costs of production in Atlanta (for example) but if it's less than Vancouver, I could easily see them heading there.   

Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

LOL, you're fast. :) 

They are so generous sharing moments with the fans.

LOL. I just happened to be checking my own instagram looking a pics of my great niece and nephew and suddenly a wild Jensen appeared. LOL And I was so stunned by how good he looked I had to bring it over LOL.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

He does look scrumptious. Danneel is a good cook apparently.  

My phone beeps at me when Jensen tweets.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!!

Mine too. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!