Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Just shy of $45k now.

Something to think about...that video had 444k views.  That's as if 10% of the viewers had donated $1 each.  Imagine if everyone donated just one dollar?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Something to think about...that video had 444k views.  That's as if 10% of the viewers had donated $1 each.  Imagine if everyone donated just one dollar?

Right? I think that fund required a $10 minimum donation but you're correct. Sadly, there was a lot of wank on Twitter from some in fandom who were against it because it's Misha and Random Acts. Unbelievable to me that in times of crisis some of this fandom is still petty:(

• Love 4

The  crowdrise fund hit the 50K mark easily, they have a new goal of $100K and it's a $57K right now

YOUR Generosity has Overwhelmed and Inspired Us So Much, We're,....

Posted by Family Business Beer Company

a day ago

Matching your initial $50,000 donation with a direct donation to Random Acts to be used for the Victims of Hurricane Harvey and the Texas Floods. We know Random Acts has a knack for finding the absolute best way to make the biggest impact. We will be updating you on your charity dollars at work. Thank you to everyone! Now please pass this page on to friends, co-workers, and everyone else you know. LET'S TRY AND REACH OUR NEW GOAL OF $100,000 ON CrowdRise!!! WE LOVE YOU ALL!

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/29/supernatural-stars-hurricane-harvey-relief/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

The Supernatural family has done it again.

While Hurricane Harvey continues to hit Texas, Supernatural stars have rallied the show’s fandom to make a difference. Led by Jensen Ackles’ Texas-based company, Family Business Beer Company, and Misha Collins’ charity, Random Acts, they launched a fundraising campaign to help with hurricane relief.

Although the campaign’s original goal was $50,000, it has reached far past that. As of early Tuesday, the campaign had raised more than $130,000. Ackles and Collins — along with Jared Padalecki, Richard Speight Jr., and other members of the Supernatural family — have continued to promote the campaign, which will remain open through Friday.

• Love 3

Latest update on the Fundraiser

160 K.

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/team/texas-flood-relief/familybusinessbeercompany

Thank you all for your support!

As of this writing, we've raised over $160,000 for Hurricane Harvey relief! With our pledged matching contribution, that's over $200,000... 100% of which will go to the direct support of the victims of Hurricane Harvey— and all in less than 3 days! Needless to say, we're astounded and couldn't be more grateful to y'all.

Every dollar raised will go to helping victims directly, so with that in mind Jensen, Danneel, Jared, Misha, Richard, & everyone at The Family Business Beer Co. & Random Acts have been hard at work identifying the best ways to use the funds to maximize their impact. Our goal is to support charities that serve needs that may otherwise be overlooked, so we've chosen to support the following organizations:

Americares (www.americares.org). This organization helps communities recover from disasters by providing access to medicine, health care, and emergency supplies. They are currently on the ground in Texas delivering water, aid, supplies, and mobile medical assistance to hurricane victims. We'll be supporting their efforts to make sure that these needs are served and supplies and care will be available to those impacted by the storm.

The Texas Diaper Bank (www.texasdiaperbank.org) works to get diapers, baby supplies, and incontinence supplies to those in need. They work with 10 different counties in Texas, and last year served 14,000 children and delivered over a million items. Your donations will help ensure that essential supplies are available to storm victims.  

Long term recovery needs are sometimes overlooked during a crisis, so we'll be supporting the Bastrop County Long Term Recovery Team (www.bcltrt.org). This group works with case managers to identify families with unmet needs after disasters and fulfill those needs. They work especially with low-income, uninsured or underinsured individuals and families and help them with recovery. Your donations will be helping to take care of some of these most vulnerable citizens in the community— now and long after the storm has passed. 

A hurricane is a force of nature, but we feel honored to have the support of a much more positive force to be reckoned with: you, our #SPNFamily. Together, we will help ease the impact of this storm on so many people.

Our fundraiser will remain up until at least Friday, so if you haven't donated and would like to do so, please join us... and spread the word! Let's continue to show Hurricane Harvey what real strength is all about and help support all those impacted in our community.

Thanks, everybody.

• Love 3

I have to say that I'm very pleased with the organizations Random Acts has chosen. Solid, solid choices. Thanks @catrox14, for letting us know. 

My only caveat (and this is personal bias) is to not forget the pets. There are organizations out there doing heroic work to save animals; they need help too.

If anyone has the extra money, think about giving to a local animal rescue. Often, when you're going through the most devastating event you've ever faced, pets matter. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 5

Ok I know I probably don't want to know this but - in comments on that article people are complaining about Misha and "the beard."  I'm confused - is Danneel the beard?  WTF?  Crazy people.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Ok I know I probably don't want to know this but - in comments on that article people are complaining about Misha and "the beard."  I'm confused - is Danneel the beard?  WTF?  Crazy people.

According to some J2 tinhats Danneel and Gen are in fake marriages with J2 who are actually the couple. Go figure. Some think Misha is the devil

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

According to some J2 tinhats Danneel and Gen are in fake marriages with J2 who are actually the couple. Go figure. Some think Misha is the devil

@TexasGal

To add to this, Misha is sometimes referred to as the "Meard" it's a combination of "male" and "beard". Basically, as I understand it, the J2 tinhats believe he's used to try and take the focus off j2 in a "see these guys just have deep relationship with their co stars. There is nothing to see here" type way. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Thanks catrox and Wayward Son.  I knew I didn't want to know!

I don't particularly care what anyone ships. Although I'm not a fan of the way Misha, Danneel and Genevieve are treated with such disdain by some of the J2 tinhatters. But I find it absolutely disgusting that people are complaining about people trying to help those suffering from a natural disaster because some of the people helping aren't a part of their ship. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I don't particularly care what anyone ships. Although I'm not a fan of the way Misha, Danneel and Genevieve are treated with such disdain by some of the J2 tinhatters. But I find it absolutely disgusting that people are complaining about people trying to help those suffering from a natural disaster because some of the people helping aren't a part of their ship. 

The crazy thing for me is that if J2 are a couple ( and NO I AM NOT A TINHAT LOL), I would think they would understand that Jared is included by default. LOL

• Love 3

What a brilliant amount so far - that will do a lot of good.

Oh, and colour me gob smacked that Daneel and Gen, who seem like thoughtful, beautiful ladies and EXCELLENT mothers, could be disrespected in the way described above!

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

LOL that cowlick is cute! LOL.  He's trying so hard to not cry. He's really gobsmacked I think.

22 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's times like this I get the description of him as having 'anime eyes'.

I don't know if he just woke up, but Good. God.  He's so Beautiful in all ways there and, clearly, so touched by the response to this fundraising effort.

This is the kind of thing that can restore one's faith in humanity, especially when it's been shaken in such a negative way with some of the more recent events in our world.

He, and those around him, sure can seem like real Lights in the Darkness, at times. Just like his TV character...*loves*...

• Love 6

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/team/texas-flood-relief/familybusinessbeercompany

Another update.

$263,866 of $350,000 goal 

75% Complete

Raised by 6,744 people in 4 days

We've had such an overwhelming outpouring of support for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, we've decided to keep this campaign going so we can make as big a positive impact as possible for those hit by this devastating storm!

With that in mind, The Family Business Beer and Random Acts are proud to join forces with The CW. Together, with the help of our beloved #SPNFamily and all our generous donors, we're out to prove that we are truly Stronger than Storms.

100% of every dollar raised will go to helping victims directly. Our goal is to support charities that serve needs that may otherwise be overlooked, so we're starting off by supporting the following organizations:

Americares (www.americares.org). This organization helps communities recover from disasters by providing access to medicine, health care, and emergency supplies. They are currently on the ground in Texas delivering water, aid, supplies, and mobile medical assistance to hurricane victims.

The Texas Diaper Bank (www.texasdiaperbank.org) works to get diapers, baby supplies, and incontinence supplies to those in need. They work with 10 different counties in Texas, and last year served 14,000 children and delivered over a million items. 

The Bastrop County Long Term Recovery Team (www.bcltrt.org). This group works with case managers to identify families with unmet needs after disasters and fulfill those needs. They work especially with low-income, uninsured or underinsured individuals and families and help them with recovery.

As we progress, we'll be finding other organizations and ways to support those affected. Please help us as we work to get those impacted by this terrible disaster the help they need. Your support means the world to us. Thank you!

• Love 6

They've added another organization for the animals :)

We're working to ensure every cent of your donations goes to those hit hardest by Hurricane Harvey... and that includes some of Texas' most vulnerable citizens: animals.

So we're adding the SPCA of Texas to the charities we're supporting!  The SPCA of Texas (https://www.spca.org/hurricane-harvey) is currently hard at work assisting displaced or abandoned animals in the wake of the storm. They are providing food, water, shelter, and medical attention, and are also distributing pet food to temporary animal shelters set up to ensure that displaced pets and their humans can be near one another. Your donations will ensure that animals affected by the storm receive the shelter and care they deserve.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

They've added another organization for the animals :)

I usually donate to the Humane Society.  There are so many animals the shelters get overwhelmed very quickly.   It means so much to displaced families to be reunited with their pets.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I usually donate to the Humane Society.  There are so many animals the shelters get overwhelmed very quickly.   It means so much to displaced families to be reunited with their pets.

Love that they added the SPCA. And great to see the CW and other shows throw in with them. More eyeballs can only be a good thing. I can only imagine how touched Jensen and Danneel are by all the support. ♡

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

It seemed....OFF. I don't know why. LIke I thought the Monty Python opening was funny. But it was just pretty meh.

it's lacking the stuff from Shaving People Punting Things, like the funny stuff from the Hitler episode that they already released but I figured it would be on the gag reel anyway

• Love 2

I give them props for including Dean's bunny. I'm bothered by the lack of Mark Sheppard. 

I did get a kick out of the snark from Jared about Dean's ill timed and misplaced joke about Lucifer. "Now is not the time for your fucking humor, Dean". Like I literally had the same thought with that stupid joke when it was made. I'm assuming that was a written joke and not Jensen's ad lib. 

$360,843

of $500,000 goal

72% Complete

Raised by 9,051 people in 5 days

We've had such an overwhelming outpouring of support for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, we've decided to keep this campaign going so we can make as big a positive impact as possible for those hit by this devastating storm!

With that in mind, The Family Business Beer and Random Acts are proud to join forces with The CW. Together, with the help of our beloved #SPNFamily and all our generous donors, we're out to prove that we are truly Stronger than Storms. 

100% of every dollar raised will go to helping victims directly. Our goal is to support charities that serve needs that may otherwise be overlooked, so we're starting off by supporting the following organizations:

Americares (www.americares.org). This organization helps communities recover from disasters by providing access to medicine, health care, and emergency supplies. They are currently on the ground in Texas delivering water, aid, supplies, and mobile medical assistance to hurricane victims. 

The Texas Diaper Bank (www.texasdiaperbank.org) works to get diapers, baby supplies, and incontinence supplies to those in need. They work with 10 different counties in Texas, and last year served 14,000 children and delivered over a million items. 

The Bastrop County Long Term Recovery Team (www.bcltrt.org). This group works with case managers to identify families with unmet needs after disasters and fulfill those needs. They work especially with low-income, uninsured or underinsured individuals and families and help them with recovery. 

The SPCA of Texas (https://www.spca.org/hurricane-harvey). This organization is hard at work providing disaster relief to animals affected by the storm. They have set up temporary shelters and are providing housing and care to displaced or abandoned pets. Additionally, they are working to distribute food and provide other support to animals in need during this disaster. Your generous donations will help ensure that hurricane-affected animals are getting the shelter and care they deserve.

As we progress, we'll be finding other organizations and ways to support those affected. Please help us as we work to get those impacted by this terrible disaster the help they need. Your support means the world to us. Thank you!