Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Well, that's too bad. I mean, Thompson frustrated me as a writer because I always felt like he could do so much more with a little better guidance, but I didn't necessarily want him gone.

He's a talented guy though, so good luck to him and hopefully he lands somewhere he's happy to be!

Yep, it's official Robert Berens is confirming. At least we still have Bobo. Gods why won't Buck-Leming freaking leave. 

16 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I thought that was Captain Jack. 

Captain Jack is pretty great but I think God will live longer than Jack...theoretically...but it's close!

What's kind of interesting to me is that Thompson and Kripke are the only writers Jensen follows on Twitter. Jensen was also really pissed off about Charlie.

As annoyed as I am about Chuck as God, I didn't hate everything Robbie wrote.

When I look at his episodes I like more than I didn't

I liked Charlie before she came back as a bit too much Charlie-Sue but I loved that Dean had a female friend/sister. I'm not slighting Sam here because Sam just wasn't as close with Charlie. Dean and Charlie had something different. Robbie gave us Cain and the Mark of Cain for Dean and some nice bonding with Sam and Cas in First Born which is in my top 10 maybe top 5 faves ever. He wrote Goodbye Stranger which I loved. Slash Fiction which I also loved.

I've said it before. Charlie should have just had that one-off episode. I never liked her. However, I also hated the way they killed her off. I have no idea why they did it that way or why they thought it was a good idea. 

• Love 2

Well I'm pissed!! I'm fairly sure that he was fulfilling his contract because of the crap move of the way they killed Charlie off. I know that not all would agree with me, but I think he is the strongest writer that the show has currently.  With the nepotism duo probably "running" the show now, look out for a bunch of fucking dogs in S12. It's time to close the doors, I think. I hope that Robbie has a better opportunity already lined up and I wish him well. 

• Love 3

I feel like playing Taps.  This sucks.  And if FlickChick is right in her speculation that the Nepotism Duo might be showrunners...ugh ack yuck no no no.  Please no.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Omegamom said:

I feel like playing Taps.  This sucks.  And if FlickChick is right in her speculation that the Nepotism Duo might be showrunners...ugh ack yuck no no no.  Please no.

I don't think this will happen...or maybe I'm just trying to reassure myself here because, nope, not going to entertain this thought. I believe Dabb will be showrunner if Carver leaves. 

Pretty sure I'd have to finally quit watching if the Horrible Duo was running things, though. 

::sitting in corner rocking herself gently and muttering, "All will be well with the world, all will be well with the world."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Omegamom said:

I think it will be Dabb or Berens or someone from outside. 

• Love 1

Jensen at Asylum in UK from today.

Damn...okay that boy's hair must grow exponentially. It's only been what a week since his haircut? And I swear he looks like he's ready to be on Game of Thrones because that is how the hair goes on that show with the some of the characters.  But I know s6 is already in the can.  Maybe he's filming for s7 whilst he's in the UK. LEAVE ME TO MY DREAMS PLEASE.

tumblr_o6t3tfeMzu1ravgwio4_500.png

Every Con I`ve ever been to, the stewards walk the rows and try to pick out people videotaping and tell them to stop. If the main hall is really filled, like it is for the major panels, several people just find a way to slip under the radar. Would be too stressful for me but some just see it as a challenge. Same as major movies end up on the internet after release. And that`s definitely always prohibited as well. 

The only thing you won`t see is footage of the meet & greets because short of having a James Bondian spy camera in your shirt button, with only 15-20 people in a circle, it is impossible to inconspicuously film this. 

56 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

People are never allowed to take vids of the panels. Not at Creation or European Cons but every major con panel still ends up on youtube regardless. 

Rob and Rich actively encourage videos to be taken now at Creation cons.

And, at European Conventions, Mark Sheppard encourages people to download episodes from the internet. Which, you pretty much can`t do with legal streaming services there.

Creation organizers may turn more of a blind eye but they will never come out and outright allow it.

1 hour ago, Diane said:

I haven't been able to find anything but 2 or 3 minute snippets of this convention in the past. Apparently they have cracked down on it.

Yeah Asylum is pretty strict but Creation less so. IMO. The videos are a large reason why IMO conventions are more popular now. 

From Jared's Asylum M&G

So which is it show?? Sam had the amulet ALL all along or as Jim Michaels' said Chuck put in his pocket? I want someone to ask Jared what Sam did with it before he jumped into the pit. Yes I need to know this. Leave me alone

TROLLS they are TROLLING US

Jared’s Saturday M&G Asylum UK 2016

Padackles have ‘family play nights’ where the kids play with toys or watch movies. They’ll have family game nights when the kids are older. 

Jared told a story about JJ impersonating a character from Alvin and the Chipmunks who smokes; he called her ‘Jaybird’ throughout the story.

The pads have 2 bunnies!! Shep loves playing with them and doesn’t even react when they scratch him.

Jensen crashed Jared’s M&G We got told we had 5 more minutes and Jensen walked in. Told Jared they had to go.

Jensen picked someone to ask ‘Sam’ a question - he was asked what his fave ‘set’ is. Jared answered with ‘the bunker’ and Jensen put his hand on Jared’s shoulder, looked down at him and said ‘his home’.

Asked if Sam had the Samulet the whole time. JARED SAID YES.

Jared still thinks the show should ends with Sam and Dean going out together. Needs to be finalit

(edited)

I read some tweets that Jensen also said he believes Sam had the amulet the entire time.   What does Jim Michaels do anyway?  He didn't write the episode or direct it (I don't think) so why should he be the authority on where the amulet was all this time.

ETA: I think the show is fine with fans debating it. It could be both. Sam had the amulet somewhere, but chuck put it in his pocket. 

Edited by Bessie
8 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I read some tweets that Jensen also said he believes Sam had the amulet the entire time.   What does Jim Michaels do anyway?  He didn't write the episode or direct it (I don't think) so why should he be the authority on where the amulet was all this time.

ETA: I think the show is fine with fans debating it. It could be both. Sam had the amulet somewhere, but chuck put it in his pocket. 

Jim Michael is an Executive Producer and basically runs the production in Vancouver. There must have been some discussion during filming or he asked the writer or something. 

Still though, don't think I'm gonna go with his theory on this. ;)

My take is Sam had it all along and God retrieved it to activate it then placed it in Sam's pocket. So both Jim Michaels and Jared could be right. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bessie said:

Jim Michaels is the on-location EP. He does all the location scouting and I think might be the big money man dealing with contracts and such, whereas Carver is the head writer and showrunner.

Ok, I just saw a storify of Jensen's last solo panel at Asylum and apparently the EP for 50 Shades came to his house to gauge his interest. Wife was super psyched but he didn't pursue it because of SPN. I despise the books (bc I think they are an unhealthy depiction of the dynamic) but...hmmm. Makes me think. 

47 minutes ago, Binns said:

Ok, I just saw a storify of Jensen's last solo panel at Asylum and apparently the EP for 50 Shades came to his house to gauge his interest. Wife was super psyched but he didn't pursue it because of SPN. I despise the books (bc I think they are an unhealthy depiction of the dynamic) but...hmmm. Makes me think. 

I think every leading man in Hollywood was considered for that role. I know Stephen Amell was talked about and he was just like NOPE do not want. And that was how I remember Jensen talking about that role before.

I have a recollection of that being asked at another panel some time ago and Jensen was pretty derisive of the notion in general. He never said "because SPN" which I think is now just his go to answer about roles he just doesn't want vs losing out things he did want.

I'm just really glad he didn't do it because those books are horrid and the movie which I came across on HBO was so terrible. Not sexy nothing. And that wasn't to do with the subject matter or the leads necessarily but it was just SO STUPID and poorly written. Thank Gods he was smarter than that.

And really Danneel, if that's your bag it's cool but you know find a better representation of that lifestyle than that piece of shit "literature".  LOL

• Love 1
Just now, catrox14 said:

I think every leading man in Hollywood was considered for that role. I know Stephen Amell was talked about and he was just like NOPE do not want. And that was how I remember Jensen talking about that role before.

I have a recollection of that being asked at another panel some time ago and Jensen was pretty derisive of the notion in general. He never said "because SPN" which I think is now just his go to answer about roles he just doesn't want vs losing out things he did want.

I'm just really glad he didn't do it because those books are horrid and the movie which I came across on HBO was so terrible. Not sexy nothing. And that wasn't to do with the subject matter or the leads necessarily but it was just SO STUPID and poorly written. Thank Gods he was smarter than that.

And really Danneel, if that's your bag it's cool but you know find a better representation of that lifestyle than that piece of shit "literature".  LOL

All of this! For real. He also talked about Deadwood. I like that they are committed to SPN and are content with that. I think they said they wouldn't take other roles (other than the GG revival which was like one day of filming) while it was going on. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Binns said:

All of this! For real. He also talked about Deadwood. I like that they are committed to SPN and are content with that. I think they said they wouldn't take other roles (other than the GG revival which was like one day of filming) while it was going on. 

Whoa wait? He had a shot at the Deadwood movie?? Or a role on Deadwood the series?  Because I might sell my soul for him to be on Deadwood. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE Deadwood.

Or did you mean Deadpool? Because either one YES PLEASE LOL

11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Whoa wait? He had a shot at the Deadwood movie?? Or a role on Deadwood the series?  Because I might sell my soul for him to be on Deadwood. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE Deadwood.

Or did you mean Deadpool? Because either one YES PLEASE LOL

Deadpool? Is that a tv show? Bc they said he could do season 2 and he said nope, he's doing season 12 instead, lol. 

Here is a thingie with info from their solo panels...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Binns said:

Deadpool? Is that a tv show? Bc they said he could do season 2 and he said nope, he's doing season 12 instead, lol. 

Deadpool is a Marvel superhero currently played by Ryan Reynolds. It's not a TV show that I know of at this point. There will be a Deadpool 2 with Ryan Reynolds in the role but Jensen could have been a different role.

Daredevil is a TV show on Netflix but they already did a s2 that on Netflix currently.

Deadwood, was a western on HBO that got 3 seasons but left as a cliffhanger and there will be a movie to tie up the loose ends.   

• Love 1
(edited)

So, I was reading more about the Deadpool thing @ Binns  and it sounds like he was legit an option but he really couldn't get the schedule sorted out.  I mean the story is consistent from many sources at Asylum 16.

That makes me sad that they couldn't figure out a way for him to do it, when they were filming it in freaking Vancouver anyway. 

Edited by catrox14

This story of Peter Roth sending Jensen an e-mail about the finale makes me very happy.

So Peter Roth, head of WB programming (http://www.warnerbros.com/studio/executives/peter-roth) writes Jensen a thank you note (or fan letter to be honest), and Mark Pedowitz, who is going to continue as CW chief (http://deadline.com/2016/04/mark-pedowitz-deal-cw-president-1201731670/) is a well-known Supernatural fan.  I'd have to say that it's really nice to have this kind of leadership commitment to the show.  But that Jensen was so proud of the note was also telling.  I see no reason to believe that Jensen is anything but chuffed to be on the show. I think he honestly answers questions about movies seeking him out but it's not causing him dissatisfaction with his day job.  There's also a tweet (which I couldn't find this morning) that said that the audience is "family" and that is really special. 

Personally, if we could just get Pedowitz and Roth to have a fanboy lunch over Supernatural, I swear someone could talk them into pushing Emmy noms.  I just don't know anyone else with that kinda pull to make it happen....

• Love 3

I agree re: Jensen. He seems pretty content (except maybe when he has to leave his daughter). Sometimes I think Jared is ok with leaving his kids so he can sleep, lol. I can't remember where I read something about Jared hoping to get to 300 episodes. I still think the show has things to say and is fresh- I would hate for it to go out with a whimper rather than a bang. But I get the feeling that won't happen. 

31 minutes ago, SueB said:

This story of Peter Roth sending Jensen an e-mail about the finale makes me very happy.

So Peter Roth, head of WB programming (http://www.warnerbros.com/studio/executives/peter-roth) writes Jensen a thank you note (or fan letter to be honest), and Mark Pedowitz, who is going to continue as CW chief (http://deadline.com/2016/04/mark-pedowitz-deal-cw-president-1201731670/) is a well-known Supernatural fan.  I'd have to say that it's really nice to have this kind of leadership commitment to the show.  But that Jensen was so proud of the note was also telling.  I see no reason to believe that Jensen is anything but chuffed to be on the show. I think he honestly answers questions about movies seeking him out but it's not causing him dissatisfaction with his day job.  There's also a tweet (which I couldn't find this morning) that said that the audience is "family" and that is really special. 

Personally, if we could just get Pedowitz and Roth to have a fanboy lunch over Supernatural, I swear someone could talk them into pushing Emmy noms.  I just don't know anyone else with that kinda pull to make it happen....

I'm not trying to poop on the love parade but I'm not gonna lie, I am side-eying this report. Has there been confirmation by other con goers this happened?

I'm sure it's true that Roth appreciates Jensen's work( he should be on knees thanking his lucky stars that Jensen didn't bail on this show eons ago)and I'm sure he sends him emails telling him so.

I'm just finding it hard to believe that Jensen, who by all accounts is a consummate professional (gag reels notwithstanding) would actually read a private email from the person he says brings him up short. And is the literal senior most person in the entirety of Warner Brothers Television.. who holds Jensen's career with WB-TV in the palm of his hand.....to a con crowd??  (was he drunk??)

If it did happen that way, then IMO Jensen did it for a reason. I used to get KUDOS from the president of my old company but you know what I didn't get? Decent raises LOL. Maybe he's in contract negotiations or something. Maybe he's angling for time off to film Deadpool 2. Or to direct again. That just seems really odd that Jensen would share that with con goers.

Maybe Roth can start putting some of that appreciation towards an Emmy campaign for the show and specifically for Jensen. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Has there been confirmation by other con goers this happened?

I`ve seen mention of this email in numerous tweets so I take it as legit. As for why he shared it, those guys take calls or face time with their kids and families while on Con stages which I find more private. Maybe he was just excited and wanted to share it. It`s not the oddest thing I`ve seen or heard come out of a con.   

Don`t think it`s anything he would or could get in trouble over. It`s pretty innocuous IMO. 

Edited by Aeryn13

There's was definitely more than one report about it. Before that tweet, Superwiki was looking for a transcript of the email so Jules had heard about it.  And Jensen did not read the entire e-mail.  He skipped over story specifics. I was under the impression that the motivation was either because he felt it was relevant to the question asked or he wanted the audience to know that Warner Brothers appreciates the show and that he personally feels appreciated.

After the Deadpool question... maybe he was getting the 'you should do other things' vibe or 'they don't appreciate you' vibe.  IDK, wasn't there.  Maybe if I have time later I can get more backstory.  And his response to Deadpool 2 was "Supernatural S12". 

Seriously though, is it that weird to just accept that he LOVES his job?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`ve seen mention of this email in numerous tweets so I take it as legit. As for why he shared it, those guys take calls or face time with their kids and families while on Con stages which I find more private. Maybe he was just excited and wanted to share it. It`s not the oddest thing I`ve seen or heard come out of a con.   

Don`t think it`s anything he would or could get in trouble over. It`s pretty innocuous IMO. 

Were those mentions independent reports?

They have put their kids and wives out for con consumption since Thomas was like 2. We see pictures of their kids and they tell stories all the time. So to me that's all par for the course now. And I think whatever we see of their private lives is controlled.

What is making me side-eye is Jensen humblebragging about Roth complimenting his work in the episode. That just seems very different from his normal humility about his work. If the email was mostly about the entire episode and the whole crew IMO Jensen would be happy to share that and maybe that was the case but not listed in the above report. It just doesn't seem like his MO to humblebrag. Again unless it's for a reason, like contract negotiation. 

(edited)

I sort of thought the same thing, catrox. But I don't blame Jensen for sharing. I just hope he sent emails to the other people who made the episode possible, otherwise it's kind of a douchebag move. They work their asses off and the big WB exec only recognizes one of them?  Not cool. 

Edited by Bessie
(edited)
24 minutes ago, SueB said:

Seriously though, is it that weird to just accept that he LOVES his job?

Not really sure how you got that out of anything I wrote. Read my other comment and maybe that will be more clear on my side-eying the report. I didn't say the email wasn't real. I'm saying that I don't think I buy how it's being reported.

There are also reports that he was sorely disappointed with not being able to do Deadpool because of scheduling conflicts. Was it really that he was disappointed or that the person making the report is embellishing or interpreting what he was doing or trying to spin it a certain way. Because that does happen.

And it is entirely possible for Jensen to LOVE his job and still recognize that being in a Marvel film would be great for his career post SPN, because it will end one day. Or that he might enjoy something else in addition to Dean Winchester. because one day it will end. The show did give Jared the time to do Gilmore Girls.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

It seems to me like Jensen has opened up quite a bit more at the cons over the last couple years and says a lot of things I never thought he would say in the past. Hell, I never thought he'd join twitter and every time it was reported he was, I didn't believe it right up until I saw him do it on a con video. I don't know, seems like what up is down and down is up and seems like it could be legit.

Plus, context is everything, IMO. So, it may not be Jensen humblebragging as much as it was him answering the question. Perhaps the question was something about if the network or TPTB ever contact him and tell them they're doing a good job? We really just don't know...or maybe I just missed that part of the tweet?

ETA: I just went back up and checked and I did miss that part of the tweet...the image was cut off. I didn't read it as Jensen humblebragging, but I wasn't there, so who knows.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1