Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Ha! I just posted that in the spoiler thread cause I wasn't sure when it was from. If that is how it goes all day long for them, it really is a wonder they get anything done AT ALL. LOL They are literal dorks.

• Love 1

Eric Kripke ‏@therealKripke 14m14 minutes ago

Saw @JensenAckles, @jarpad and our amazing crew on the #SPN set. They even had my old chair! Good to visit home.

Hmmmmmm.....He keeps saying OUR...I mean he's not even a consulting producer anymore is he? What gives here? Anything to write home about?

Yeah, I believe so. I read it somewhere, but can't remember where now...wait, I remembered: http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Even though Kripke isn't credited as a producer, he still holds his "created by" credit, which is the ultimate and forever "OUR" in my book. But I don't think we'll see him back on the show: https://www.thewrap.com/supernatural-creator-eric-kripke-signs-overall-deal-with-sony-tv/.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

Awww, I'm not even worthy of a fully snarky Let Me Google That for You.  Disappointed. 

Obviously as the creator it's always going to be HIS in the end. I was thinking OUR as in current involvement.

I have known about his new show for some time. For some reason...I seem to remember discussing it in this forum before and that his  new deal with Sony effectively eliminates his working on a WB property.

Also, I was being a bit facetious with my post. Once more, my sense of humor fails. Ah, well. 

I remember one show I watch they joked about the creator of the series.  He was only involved in the pilot.  His name stayed with the show for the 5 1/2 series run. 

Kripke has a stronger leg to stand on.  It is his baby, and the boys were kids when he started the show.  As any proud papa, he can be amazed with how it keeps on ticking even if he isn't involved.  But it would be more interesting if the OUR meant something more than just the first 5 seasons. 

I do wonder if the vision the show has now, is one he likes or dislikes?  hee hee.

• Love 1

Well, I don't think Kripke is fully out of it. I read something a few months back where he said he still gets a call from time to time and he's happy to take those calls. 

I also read something where he stated he loved what both Sera and Carver did with the show. Something like he's very proud of how the show keeps remaking itself and endures. It could all be spin, though. Who knows?

BTW, catrox, I was in no way being snarky. I looked up his deal because I couldn't remember the details myself and decided to share with the class.

• Love 1

LOOOL Misha is too much. I'm dying...This is just fantastic

https://www.facebook.com/officialmisha/posts/1088513641170642

Misha Collins
1 hr ·

Dear Jared Padalecki,

I have a quick question for you, but in order to ask it, i need to give you a little background on an event that is unfolding at the moment... Here's the background: Right now (this morning) at The American Culture Association's academic conference in Seattle, there is a panel being conducted called "Fandom As Protest Space" where Tanya Cook is presenting her paper titled:

Always Keep (Nerd)Fighting: Durkheim’s Collective Effervescence and Fandoms as Reformative Social Movements

And, this is the abstract on the paper:
"In his pioneering sociological work on how religion is fundamentally a social experience, Emile Durkheim theorized that individuals experience collective emotional highs when worshiping together. This “collective effervescence” creates a heightened, shared experience that helps to differentiate between the sacred (religious rituals) and profane (mundane, everyday reality). Thus, Durkheim argued, when individuals join together in religious worship they are not actually worshiping a higher power but are worshiping themselves as a collective or social group. In this paper, I apply Durkheim’s concepts of collective effervescence and other sociological theories to science fiction and fantasy fandoms. Through case studies of the Supernatural and Nerdfighter (John and Hank Green) fan communities, I argue that the collective effervescence fans experience through consumption of the show/media has resulted in a bridge to social movement mobilization for some fans. Led by celebrities in the fandoms, fan participation in the Always Keep Fighting Campaign, world-wide scavenger hunt, GISHWHES (or Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen), and Nerdfighteria meetups represent new alternative and potentially even reformative social movements (Aberle, 1966). Just as religious worshipers enact their values through social justice ministries or service work, some fan communities have effectively leveraged the collective effervescence fans experience after consuming the show and interacting on social media into real and measurable impacts in the world."

Now, Jared, I'm no academic (although i too have written papers on Durkheim's "collective effervescence"), but from the passage above, it sounds like we are at the helm of "social movement mobilizations" which tap into some of the same social fabric that enshrouds "religious worship." Add to this the fact that Supernatural is often referred to as a "cult show" or a "cult hit," and i think you have the makings of an interesting proposition...

Which brings me (finally) to the question portion of this letter: Jared, if we are in fact on a "cult show," and we are harnessing a "collective effervescence" akin to the worship of a "higher power," would it not be accurate to argue that we are actually cult leaders? And if we are cult leaders, would it not be reasonable to conclude that we should (while interest rates are low) invest in a sprawling, fortified compound that features underground bunkers, throngs of devotees wearing earth-toned linens, and hillsides peppered with dwellings configured to maximize polyamorous sexual encounters?

Let me know your thoughts.

You pal,

Misha

• Love 2

JFC I have an arm kink and Jensen's arms will be the death of me....lawdy

Jared Padalecki Verified account ‏@jarpad

Happy Easter from @JensenAckles @stevecarlson and me :)

CeltcQOW4AADPbg.jpg

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

It's funny. Jensen doesn't have like a 12 pack and we think he's squishy lol. But his arms are always properly ripped. Not to much. Not too little. All that said from what I've read from peeps that get hugs is that he's solid muscle and much leaner IRL. Maybe one day I'll find out for myself.

And yes I did see Jareds reply. Dorks lol

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

It's funny. Jensen doesn't have like a 12 pack and we think he's squishy lol. But his arms are always properly ripped. Not to much. Not too little. All that said from what I've read from peeps that get hugs is that he's solid muscle and much leaner IRL. Maybe one day I'll find out for myself.

And yes I did see Jareds reply. Dorks lol

Well, not so much squishy....I saw some posts from SeaCon alluding to that but to me he looks amazing as usual. I just haven't seen arm definition like that for a bit. On the other hand, it's not like I've seen him in a t-shirt on the show in a while!

Point is, that's one good-looking man.

• Love 2

Jared's Facebook page says Actor/Director, but I can't find a directing credit on IMDB.  Anybody know what he directed?

Nothing. as far as I know. I guess he did film the video for that song Jensen did on one of Steve Carlson's albums with his iPhone, but I'm not sure I'd call that directing.

I dunno. Maybe he's been directing these commercials he's been in lately? ;)

• Love 1

I think that's a standard heading  for actors on Facebook...except for Misha and his says 'Monarch' (OH MISHA LOL)

Stephen Amell's says the same thing and I don't think he's directed either.

Edited by catrox14

I think that's a standard heading  for actors on Facebook...except for Misha and his says 'Monarch' (OH MISHA LOL)

Stephen Amell's says the same thing and I don't think he's directed either.

Ok, I wondered if that might be the case.  Just curious.

• Love 1

Some actors have working in the motion picture industry.

Jared's response to Misha is a hoot.  You definitely can tell his passion for writing and how doing all those Oral Interpretation competitions paid off.  He should have done Debate...oh wonder if he did.  lol

Jared's Facebook page says Actor/Director, but I can't find a directing credit on IMDB.  Anybody know what he directed?

I believe he directed a music video for that band he was backing for a while - Bill Bailey or something? He and Genevieve starred in it.

The guys and their thoughts on how they would like the series to end...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/30/supernatural-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki-series-ending

I think they both make good points. I personally favor one of Jared's responses with them tossing their weapons in the trunk and ending with "We've got work to do." To me that's the most likely "happy" ending. I don't really want to see either of them die, though that's maybe more realistic.

• Love 2

I think I want them both to die...

If they leave it open for a movie and that movie is a sure thing then fine, have an ambiguous ending. But I'm worried if they don't kill them off, the CW or WB will try to reboot the show with other actors  playing Sam and Dean and I'll be fucking pissed off. 

If they kill them off, no one can play those roles again...well theoretically....LOL

I think I want them both to die...

If they leave it open for a movie and that movie is a sure thing then fine, have an ambiguous ending. But I'm worried if they don't kill them off, the CW or WB will try to reboot the show with other actors playing Sam and Dean and I'll be fucking pissed off.

If they kill them off, no one can play those roles again...well theoretically....LOL

I totally see the reasons for them both to die, both from your perspective and from a mytharc perspective. But it makes me super sad to think of that. I just want them to be happy. Maybe dying would be seen as a good thing at that point though- like if it prevents the end of the world they would be happy to sacrifice themselves. They always say they are surprised they have lived this long. And J & J have both said they would like them to go out in a blaze of glory and I think their wishes could potentially be taken into account.

I'd like Dean to have some peace of mind before he dies.  I just think ever since he was supposed to die several times, his death seems to fit his narrative. I feel like a tragic ending for Dean...fits. And would ensure his status as the iconic character that he is. 

But Sam.  I don't know, I go back and forth on whether Sam should live or die. Like Sam living feels more iconic than Sam dying. Like Dean dies and Sam goes on to teach hunting or something.  Maybe Donna shows up on Sam's doorstep 10 months after seeing Dean and there is a little Deanna in her arms...Leave me to my Deonna ship.

I think the most tragic ending is Sam dying and Dean living because I think it would destroy Dean on every level. I dunno...I just don't know.

I can see cases for all endings.  Although I loved the end of Angel so maybe that kind of ending.

I think the most tragic ending is Sam dying and Dean living because I think it would destroy Dean on every level. I dunno...I just don't know.

I can see cases for all endings. Although I loved the end of Angel so maybe that kind of ending.

I don't think Dean can survive in a world without Sam. We've seen Sam do ok without Dean. So I agree there. I also loved the end of Angel because I could fanwank a hundred different endings there.

I'm pathetic, because I want a happy ending for both of them.  I know the chances of my getting what I want are very slim though, so I would settle for the "we've got work to do" ending.  But I absolutely do not want to watch them die in the end.  Their lives have been relentlessly tragic and depressing, and they deserve to find some happiness.  They can turn the bunker into a retirement home for former hunters!

• Love 4

Tweet from the actress that played Michelle. I thought she was great.

Erin Way ‏@erinjoway 19m19 minutes ago

Erin Way Retweeted Al

Highlight of my career - such a talented, kind gentleman

Erin Way added,
Al @allytweet111
@erinjoway @JensenAckles @grrumpykat what was it like working with Jensen???
12 retweets 17 likes

• Love 1

I'm live tweeting from #DCCon. See @SnazzyO if interested. Give me a shout out if you have questions (if I get a chance).

Awesome! It looks like there isn't wi-fi in the hall from tweets I saw so I guess I won't be able to scope the panels like I like to do.