Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Time For After

halgia
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, maxmurks said:

Fair enough ;)

...although I have no idea what a Louisville Slugger is. I'm not american and don't know much about baseball (?) terminology. Doesn't mean I would not enjoy that barbwire tooth-flossing.

Yet you brought up baseball?

put it this way-Let’s say you are standing with a bat and Clayton Kershaw throws a fast ball at you.  You, not the strike zone. If you just stand there using the bat as a shield and not exerting any force by swinging at the ball to fend it off,the force of an 80+ mile per hour pitch is going to knock you on your ass.  

But you, me, and Negan wouldn’t be able to hit off Clayton Kershaw.   Nashville might could.  No one would be able to swing on a bullet, and the bat couldn’t hold up.  Let’s say you got lucky and got a piece of it.  You’d likely lose an arm.  But I’ll allow that that was a Eugene made bullet, who knows what me made it out of.  Probably potato and poop. 

Edited by Mu Shu
fixed thangs and stuff
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, valandsend said:

In the final scene, it looked like the trailer was gone from the yard (the one Negan and Gabriel were trapped in). What happened? Or was it in another part of the yard than what Rick was looking at?

Good question. It was pretty confusing, but back in Episode 805, "The Big Scary U," right before Rick & Daryl had their little dust-up, there was this exchange:

Daryl: We know what we got to do. We blow open the Sanctuary, let the walkers flood in. They’ll surrender. It’ll be done. (Rick’s expression suggests that he’s not buying it) Hell, we could end this by sundown.
Rick: They have workers in there, right? Families, too.  Are there?
Daryl: (hesitates) We’ll hit the south side of the main building. The workers live on the north side. They’ll be up the stairs before the walkers even get in.

I haven't transcribed "Time For After" yet -- I usually wait a couple of weeks so I don't have to suffer through all the commercials when I re-watch episodes at AMC -- but I'm about 99% sure that Daryl relayed some version of that "south side" information to Tara, Michonne, and Rosita when they arrived at the Sanctuary. Then again, even though that might have been Daryl's intention, we know that he can be a bit mercurial when it comes to sticking with plans.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, maxmurks said:

...although I have no idea what a Louisville Slugger is. I'm not american and don't know much about baseball (?) terminology. Doesn't mean I would not enjoy that barbwire tooth-flossing.

Louisville Slugger is one of the premier manufacturers of professional-grade baseball bats - and in the case of wooden bats, they are THE definitive manufacturer.  They hold a special niche in baseball history.

ETA: I love the internet.  You can find anything on it - including a test of whether Negan’s bat could actually stop a bullet....  :D

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Nashville said:

Yep - and I got a fucking “A” in it, too. :)

Guess I need to invest more in emoticons; the statement was meant to be absurd, not literal.  If the TWD universe is going to be so ridiculous as to claim a 9mm round wouldn’t slice through a Louisville Slugger like butter, then they can just go right ahead being ridiculous and pretend the force would give Negan a barbwire tooth-flossing.  You know, for our entertainment.  :>

Physics and TV... Lol...

It reminds me of a scene from Fear the Walking Dead.  The boat was upside down floating on the water but the hull was full of bullet holes and we could see the sky through it,  but still, it was floating.  One example from others.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, Nashville said:

Blame the writers, not Rosita, for the notion of Negan reacting in 0.005 seconds to block a bullet with a damn ball bat.  P. S. Writers: take a fucking physics class, will ya?  Even if the bullet didn’t split the bat and continue on into Negan’s brain, it sure as hell would’ve at least knocked it back into his face.

Yes, but the thing is that would not jive with Kirkman's masturbatory fantasy/self-insertion of a True Macho Man, who can stop bullets with a single Macho Move.  I know nothing about physics or bullets, but don't need to in order to see this was ree-dik-ulous.

Still haven't watched latest ep and after reading all these posts, I see I'm missing nothing at all. There's only so much suspension of disbelief one is capable of. I'm more than willing to do that and very happily if the writing, dialogue and story are gripping and well-done, not so much when stupidity is combined with the shittiest writing I"ve seen since I binge-watched "Aftermath."

So I guess the only explanation is that Lucille has some kind of adventuer class. She's like a level 15 Monologuer's Barbarian Club or something.

I look forward to her inevitable showdown against Reddy Machete. Preferably wielded by somebody who is not Rick.

I'd suggest Michonne, but how the hell a machete is better than an actual high-quality sword, I can't tell ya.

• Love 3

Worked hard all day and wanted some mindless entertainment so finally watched this. All of your scathing reviews here did not do justice to the craptastic pukefest that was this episode. Now we'll have to continue watching just to see if there's any possible way to make it worse. Omg... seriously.

• Love 3

The Cable Live +3 ratings are in for Episode 807, "Time For After":

“The Walking Dead” is No. 1 on both Live +3 charts, extending its lead over “Monday Night Football” in adults 18-49 and overtaking “MNF” in viewers. [4.9 rating & 10.737 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-3-ratings-for-nov-27-dec-3-2017/

Here are the Live + Same Day and Live +3 ratings for Season 8 so far:

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million; 15.047 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million; 12.247 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million; 12.086 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million; 12.361 million
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million; not reported
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million; 11.878 million
12-03-17 “Time For After” 7.468 million; 10.737 million

• Love 1

This episode was significantly better to me than the previous one, but that isn't saying much. Episode 6 to me was the worst and most painful to watch episode in the show's history.

Eugene is one of the very few people left on this show who not only has an established character, but remains true to that character as well. I actually still find his predicament compelling, and it's even salvaging Dwight to an extent. It's just too bad that the third major player in his angle is Negan, a borderline unwatchable caricature. I understand why many audience members hate watching a Eugene-centric episode, because he's not a pleasant character (to put it mildly) and by virtue of how he is written he is not someone who propels the plot forward. But at least he makes sense. On a show I used to enjoy for its well written characters, I will settle for one who still makes sense.

Rosita at least hasn't been ruined yet. She was a voice of reason and what felt like an audience stand-in in her stance against needlessly and recklessly abandoning an established plan. I always liked the actress and felt the character had room to grow into someone who could carry a storyline (the "Sasha treatment", if you will), and that still hasn't happened. But hey, she hasn't been ruined yet. She's not Tara. Sorry, Alanna Masterson, even with the Garbage People around, you are still the worst thing about the show.

I don't have much to add to the conversation otherwise. Parts of this show's writing are the most baffling display of ineptitude I have ever subjected myself to sit through. TWD needs help, badly.

• Love 2

The Cable Live +7 ratings are in for Episode 807, "Time For After":

“The Walking Dead” was at a six-year low in the same-day ratings for its Dec. 3 episode. But it was still a top show on cable, and after a week of delayed viewing its numbers are ahead of everything else.

The episode grew from a 3.3 rating to a 5.2 in adults 18-49 with seven days of DVR playback. It also added 4.15 million viewers. Both numbers are a little behind “TWD’s” average gains this season, but they were still far and away the biggest ones for the week. [11.627 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-7-ratings-for-nov-27-dec-3-2017/

Here are the Live + Same Day, Live +3, and Live +7 ratings for Season 8 so far:

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million; 15.047 million; 15.736 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million; 12.247 million; 13.096 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million; 12.086 million; 13.007 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million; 12.361 million; not reported
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million; not reported; not reported
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million; 11.878 million; 12.727 million
12-03-17 “Time For After” 7.468 million; 10.737 million; 11.627 million

On 12/4/2017 at 11:37 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I don't even know who I would call a good actor. I thought Gregory was, until I saw he has only two affects and expressions - frightened and/or conniving.

In Xander Berkeley's defense, though, Gregory is only frightened and/or conniving & I think he does an excellent job.  He's even managed to make me feel sorry for Gregory on some occasions, go figure LOL!

I loved this exchange:

Garbiel: “Are you going to help me get Dr. Carson out of here?” 

Eugene: “Given that this building is currently surrounded by a Wilkes-Barre of walkers, I don’t see an escape attempt without putting to use the same flawed technique of innards, which landed you in your status quo piss-poor condition. What you may have forgotten in your request is that I am a small person who does not stick his neck out for anyone other than himself.” 

I had to double check my closed captioning...an actual shout-out to the area where I grew up?  I wonder what was up with that?

• Love 2