Type keyword(s) to search

Wayward Sisters Spoilers and Speculations

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

So Donna carries around a hunting kit now?  Does she even sheriff anymore?

For me, it's nothing to do with whether or not Donna should/would be hunting more nor the character I'm mocking because I LOVE Donna, It's the writing and the setup, I'm making fun of because it's so inorganic based on the bits shown in the clips.

I don't understand why Donna's answer, at least in that snippet, was 'I'm from Minnesota', when asked about the weapons in the trunk, other than to set up a Minnesota joke. 

IMO, it should have gone this way

Jody: This is Sheriff Donna Hanscum.  She's killed a lot of vampires.

Donna: (shows her weapons cache).  I wouldn't say A LOT, Jodio, but enough to keep my county safe. I'm still the sheriff after all.

WS: 'Why do you have so many knives'

Donna: I'm from Minnesota!  I'm prepared to hunt deer and now, vampires, and other monsters, now that I know they exist.' 

As it stands now, that whole scene was awkward. And it could all be out of context and missing stuff that makes it less awkward.

It really needed more seeding because despite Donna digging the rush of lopping off a vampire's head back in Hibbing 911, she seemed a lot less enamored of hunting at the end of Plush after seeing the cost of it. And, yes, Dean declared her a hunter, and she was both pleased and IMO a bit not thrilled after understanding what a poop storm their lives were. So to me it needed a connection between THAT and her having a hunter's weapons cache and apparently killing A LOT of vampires.

It could have been something like: 

Dean to Jody: 'How's Donna these days'

Jody: 'Busy with criminals and a new nest of vampires in Hibbing'.

This show really needs to hire me to write for Donna. :)

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

or me, it's nothing to do with whether or not Donna should/would be hunting more nor the character I'm mocking because I LOVE Donna, It's the writing and the setup, I'm making fun of because it's so inorganic based on the bits shown in the clips.

This is my problem too.  Donna is one of my favorite characters but they have never shown or even hinted she was hunting.  The writing is going from point a to point z and skipping all the things in between. 

• Love 1

I don't mind giving the spin-off a chance, but having now watched the promos and the sneak peeks, I think they are making a mistake to focus the whole thing on Claire. I'm sure that Kathryn Newton is a very nice person, but I find her limited as an actress, and maybe more importantly, I find Claire to be the most cliched and least interesting of this group of characters. I could be wrong, but I don't think the actress has what it takes to overcome the liability of the way the character is being written.

In fact, I think the whole thing would have worked better if the character of Claire was just removed entirely. Because otherwise, I like Jody and Donna well enough (I have to admit that Donna made me smile when she chirped, "Because I'm from Minnesota!"), and I can give Kaia and Patience a chance. And I have loved Alex, and the actress that plays her, from the beginning. I loved her first episode, and her struggle to escape from her horror-filled existence as a child and her twisted vampire "mother". And I loved when we saw her later on and she was filled with guilt because of her past, and wanted to be not a hunter but a nurse. I think that with her guilt and atonement for things that were not her fault, and her desire to help people and her willingness to sacrifice herself, she came across to me as the most Dean-like of these characters. I can't explain it very well, but I just connected with her -- Alex is my girl. I hope that they don't neglect her as a character in favor of the other, flashier characters like Claire.

As for the publicity for the spin-off, I wish there was just a little less of the "our show will be totally awesome and do things the right way, not like what that old show did!" Supernatural has turned out in the end to be quite a phenomenon as a show, with its longevity, its social media following, and its devoted and loyal fandom. And remember, it gradually built all this on its own -- it wasn't handed a ready-made fanbase at the start and given a big splashy PR push the way the spin-off is. And the fact is, from my perspective I have to say that very few of the people currently riding the Supernatural gravy train had anything to do with what made it the success it turned out to be. The truth is that without Supernatural, there never would have been a Wayward Sisters or a "Spn family" to promote it, and like it or not, no one would have even heard of a lot of the people involved in making it.

So I am not saying that they need to genuflect in front of Supernatural, or anything like that. All I am saying is that instead of repeatedly just making a big point of how the spin-off is going to give us something that they claim was so sadly deficient and lacking in the original show, they could also acknowledge their debt to that show. Maybe express a little respect and gratitude for Supernatural and what it created, in addition to being excited for something new. I don't think that is too much to ask.

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

From what we've seen of Donna if she comes up against something Supernatural she calls Sam and Dean. 

How many Vampires have we seen her kill?  One?

She might have the basic skills but there is a big difference between between just taking care of what comes along and actively seeking out cases.  We haven't even really seen her do that without calling in Sam and Dean.

It just feels like another retcon, like they did with Missouri when the show tried to claim she was hunter.  I know we don't see them every week or what they do all the time, but Donna actively seeking out cases or Jody doesn't feel organic. 

It almost seems like this episode should have come after the Donna centric episode that is upcoming wherein her niece is kidnapped and apparently at risk for being used for body parts. I could see that spurring her to load up a hunter's weapon cache and ready to go HAM on the monster world. I mean to me that would make a lot more sense than this order of events TBH.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

It almost seems like this episode should have come after the Donna centric episode that is upcoming wherein her niece is kidnapped and apparently at risk for being used for body parts. I could see that spurring her to load up a hunter's weapon cache and ready to go HAM on the monster world. I mean to me that would make a lot more sense than this order of events TBH.

I'm wondering if they are going to make that episode a flashback.  That would be the only thing that makes sense.

• Love 1

We haven’t seen Donna in two years. I for one believe the audience are expected to be smart enough to realise that a lot can happen in two years including Donna becoming more actively involved in the world of hunting she learnt about. 

• Love 4
Just now, Casseiopeia said:

I'm wondering if they are going to make that episode a flashback.  That would be the only thing that makes sense.

That actually makes sense which means it's probably not going to be what they do LOL.But yeah Donna is taking the lead in her episode in that one photo so it would make even  more sense that episode would have been part of the run up to Donna  being more hunter than Sheriff and being super all in on saving Dean and Sam after helping her potentially save her niece.

35 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

We haven’t seen Donna in two years. I for one believe the audience are expected to be smart enough to realise that a lot can happen in two years including Donna becoming more actively involved in the world of hunting she learnt about. 

Donna was name dropped as recently as 12.22 yet not brought into the action and was off screen doing the safe house which could have been set up by another trusted hunter or other law enforcement people, but the show apparently couldn't, didn't, wouldn't pay Briana or she wasn't available (which I kind of doubt but not impossible). OR maybe story wise Donna preferred to stay behind and be the keeper of the safe house rather than do battle. I'm also a bitter Donna girl who is pissed that she wasn't involved, but maybe she was the smartest one by not going and staying alive to fight another day. Who knows.

My point is that I, and others, are not intellectually challenged viewers for thinking that Donna having this big ole weapons cache and being characterized by Jody as  killing "a lot" of vampires needed better seeding, given how much time they have spent seeding everything else.

Now as @Casseiopeia and I have been discussing, if her niece's demise lead to her loading for bear and hunting more, I'm cool with it. So if they do that episode as a flashback, I won't be as annoyed by the IMO inorganic storytelling.

10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Donna was name dropped as recently as 12.22 yet not brought into the action and was off screen doing the safe house which could have been set up by another trusted hunter or other law enforcement people, but the show apparently couldn't, didn't, wouldn't pay Briana or she wasn't available (which I kind of doubt but not impossible). OR maybe story wise Donna preferred to stay behind and be the keeper of the safe house rather than do battle. I'm also a bitter Donna girl who is pissed that she wasn't involved, but maybe she was the smartest one by not going and staying alive to fight another day. Who knows.

My point is that I, and others, are not intellectually challenged viewers for thinking that Donna having this big ole weapons cache and being characterized by Jody as  killing "a lot" of vampires needed better seeding, given how much time they have spent seeding everything else.

Now as @Casseiopeia and I have been discussing, if her niece's demise lead to her loading for bear and hunting more, I'm cool with it. So if they do that episode as a flashback, I won't be as annoyed by the IMO inorganic storytelling.

It also seems that Donna's first instinct when he niece goes missing and she suspects the supernatural is to call Sam and Dean.  Which is an established pattern.

Yes, its true that we don't see every minute of every day, there are things that feel natural and those that don't.  We didn't see Sam's four years at Stanford but if the show suddenly told me that Sam hunted during that time I would side eye it becasue everything the show told us in that time was that Sam wanted nothing to do with hunting.

But if its a flashback it would make more sense. But I doubt they'll go there.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

So you're saying those of us who want(ed) more set up aren't... smart?

• Love 3

I agree with WS. There's a difference between development and retcon. To me, the idea that someone with LE training who has learned about the SPN has, over the course of years, kept an eye out for signs of vampires and become pretty skilled at killing them is a reasonable development. I also think it is reasonable for Jodi to have gone from sheriff in the know to full-fledged hunter in the time we've seen her. That's different, IMO, from finding out that Missouri was and evidently had for decades been a hunter -- which actively contradicts things we know about her.

Yeah, it stretches credibility that Jodi can both hunt and hold down her day job. But I'm willing to go with it., and don't think it is worse than other things we've been asked to swallow on this show. As I mentioned on another thread, this is the same universe in which Sam and Dean can operate and even continue driving the Impala despite having been twice on the FBI's most wanted list, and in which no civilian apparently remembers that Castiel declared himself God for a while. Which evidently didn't spark any kind of global crisis or create lasting ramifications, beyond the initial casualties.

• Love 2

After mentioning  how much I had loved Alex before, I just ran across this interview where Katherine Ramdeen talks about her character:

Supernatural: Katherine Ramdeen on what to expect from Wayward Sisters

It made me happy to see her concept of Alex, and how well it matches up with what I liked about the character:

“I guess in my mind, I see Jody and Donna as the leaders of the pack,” says Ramdeen, “and then there’s Claire who’s self sufficient… and then there’s Alex who fights when she has to. I don’t think she has a particular affinity for killing things because that what she’s been doing for most of her life is killing people. But that being said, she feels so strongly about her family that she’s made and these new people in her life that she just desperately wants to hold onto. She’d do anything for them!”

Alex would have room to evolve in a full series like Wayward Sisters, since the consequences of her damaged past have only been explored once in the season 11 episode of Supernatural called “Don’t You Forget About Me,” where a former victim-now-vampire seeks revenge. “I think that it’s unreasonable to assume that Alex is okay,” Ramdeen warns. “She spent over half her life with these terrible people doing terrible things, and I think she has a long way to go. Through the love and support of her family, of course, she’s doing so much better, but I think that she has a lot of internal turmoil that she has to deal with. And she kind of thinks of helping her family and doing these good deeds as sort of a redemption, I think, for her past.”

Now this is a character whose story I would be interested in seeing. I don't know, though -- I have a feeling that Alex is going to be more of a minor character. I mean, she is not a girl with a superpower, and she is not CLAIRE! NOVAK! , so I don't know if the show will be as interested in her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, companionenvy said:

I agree with WS. There's a difference between development and retcon. To me, the idea that someone with LE training who has learned about the SPN has, over the course of years, kept an eye out for signs of vampires and become pretty skilled at killing them is a reasonable development. I also think it is reasonable for Jodi to have gone from sheriff in the know to full-fledged hunter in the time we've seen her. That's different, IMO, from finding out that Missouri was and evidently had for decades been a hunter -- which actively contradicts things we know about her.

It was never implied at all that Donna had decided to hunt more than not which is what I am saying is poorly setup. I have no doubt she CAN kill a lot of vampires. But that wasn't her bent in the show. She was extremely proud of being a sheriff and that was her first priority. Killing "a lot" of vampires implies she is either just that great at it(which would have been nice to see) or she's not being a sheriff as much as she was which I find unlikely and that's where it feels like a retcon to me right now. 

"A lot" isn't a few or even many. A lot implies a significant number. Did Sam assign her to hunts like he did with Jody? That's another retcon to set up the WS. Jody wasn't a general hunter. She was busy sheriffing and watching out for Alex and I guess hanging with Asa Fox on occasion. That's what I need explained to make this not be a retcon. And they have the chance in her stand alone episode. I hope that's what they do.

We also don't know what "a lot" means to Donna. It might not seem like "a lot" to Sam and Dean, and it might not be enough to really interfere with her job. If she goes on one local vamp hunt a month and kills an average of two vampires each time, that's 48 vamps in two years. I'd call that a lot, but it could plausibly work with her sheriff duties. 

• Love 2

When did it become easy to kill a vampire?  I mean you have to be really strong, not to mention tall , to lop someone’s head off with a machete or a double sided axe.  Gordon, in season 2, a seasoned vampire killer , almost got killed by that vamp that Dean gave a haircut and the Boys are two big, muscular, highly trained dudes.  I can’t see Donna killing many (or any)vamps all by herself.  I mean if she had like a dead mans blood gun and could knock them out, she might be able to lop the sleeping vamps head off with like 12 swings of an axe (But that wouldn’t look basssed). It’s just not that easy to cut through bone, muscle and sinew.  Anyway, trying to be positive about tonight.  Does anyone know if the boys are going to be in the episode tonight for more than the openin* two minutes or  of is it going to be all Wayward tonight?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

When did it become easy to kill a vampire?  I mean you have to be really strong, not to mention tall , to lop someone’s head off with a machete or a double sided axe.  Gordon, in season 2, a seasoned vampire killer , almost got killed by that vamp that Dean gave a haircut and the Boys are two big, muscular, highly trained dudes.  I can’t see Donna killing many (or any)vamps all by herself.  I mean if she had like a dead mans blood gun and could knock them out, she might be able to lop the sleeping vamps head off with like 12 swings of an axe (But that wouldn’t look basssed). It’s just not that easy to cut through bone, muscle and sinew.  Anyway, trying to be positive about tonight.  Does anyone know if the boys are going to be in the episode tonight for more than the openin* two minutes or  of is it going to be all Wayward tonight?

According to this preview the Winchesters will be in the episode tonight for 5 min.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/supernatural/supernatural-preview-3-things-67371.aspx#comments

10 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

On the plus side, at least the chances of Dean deciding to terrorise a vulnerable young woman with a gun again are slim! 

Yep, that, and we probably won't have to see Cas or Lucifer at all.

On the down side, this pretty much ensures that I won't be a regular viewer:

While Jody may be the matriarch of this group, actress Kathryn Newton as Claire Novak is the real star of the episode and is set up as the main character of the potential spin-off.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, companionenvy said:

We also don't know what "a lot" means to Donna. It might not seem like "a lot" to Sam and Dean, and it might not be enough to really interfere with her job. If she goes on one local vamp hunt a month and kills an average of two vampires each time, that's 48 vamps in two years. I'd call that a lot, but it could plausibly work with her sheriff duties. 

I have a hard time believing that the writers didn't intend for us to think  "a lot" mean more than a handful. And it was Jody who said it, not Donna. And it's not easy to go on vamp hunts alone, certainly not a newbie hunter even if she's as awesome as Donna.

23 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

On the plus side, at least the chances of Dean deciding to terrorise a vulnerable young woman with a gun again are slim! 

Uh uh. Cause that's totally something Dean does ALL the time and oh BTW he did apologize for that stupidity. But I admire how you never lose your hate boner for Dean LOL

• Love 2

I suspect this order from the synopsis for tonight’s episode will be the casting order if picked up 

KATHRYN NEWTON, KIM RHODES, KATHERINE RAMDEEN, BRIANA BUCKMASTER, CLARK BACKO AND YADIRA GUEVARA-PRIP RETURN –

If true that means the priority order will be: 

1. Clare (first credit) 

2. Kaia (and credit) 

3. Jody

4. Alex

5. Donna

6. Patience

I guess it makes sense for Claire (Clare?) to be the lead.  Isn’t her blood, because she’s jimmy Novak’s daughter, strong enough to hold Castiel vessel?  I mean, it’s not totally stupid and it sort of makes sense in the spn universe,if that’s where they’re going.  She’s been pretty whiny in the past.  Maybe they’ll slowly change her character so she’ll be more likeable.  Kaia and Patience  are pretty likeable.  Alex freaks me out with the whole vampire baiting thing.  

34 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I suspect this order from the synopsis for tonight’s episode will be the casting order if picked up 

If true that means the priority order will be: 

1. Clare (first credit) 

2. Kaia (and credit) 

3. Jody

4. Alex

5. Donna

6. Patience

I can't imagine that Kim and  Briana won't be the and

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I can't imagine that Kim and  Briana won't be the and

I just found it interesting that they listed it that way in the episode summary. Although on reflection the “and” before Kaia could just be there because it’s a part of a proper sentence in this summary. There might not be “and” credit and she’s actually last. 

1. Clare (first credit) 

3. Jody

3. Alex

4. Donna

5. Patience

6. Kaia 

Jody as Second makes a lot more sense to me and in the case of Alex and Donna it could be CW being CW and prioritising a younger long term cast member, or Katherine has the better agent. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Claire is first. She has the best agent, and I'm sure the actress will get top billing, with how many roles she gets. 

I can actually see Donna getting the last billing with the "and".

But agree with Jody and Alex being next in line.  

How were they billed for the backdoor pilot, they will give us a big clue how the order might be. 

3 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Claire is first. She has the best agent, and I'm sure the actress will get top billing, with how many roles she gets. 

I can actually see Donna getting the last billing with the "and".

But agree with Jody and Alex being next in line.  

How were they billed for the backdoor pilot, they will give us a big clue how the order might be. 

Kim was billed first.  I can't remember the order after that.  Probably KN was next.

For the actual episode the order was

Kim Rhodes

Kathryn Newton 

Briana Buckmaster

Katherine Ramdeen

Clark Backo

Yadira Guevara Prip

IMO that billing is likely based on their importance to Supernatural rather than what they’ll get if the show is still picked up. Based on the Claire centric nature of the episode I still think the order given in the summary above with NO ‘and’ credit is most likely. 

Hey--I have an idea for the future series (putting here instead of the WS thread because I *think* that's just supposed to be about that particular ep?)

Anyway, some suggestions to fix many of the problems with SPN as mentioned in those articles:

Move Cas from SPN to WS (either full-time or given regular status).  That way, there would be no complicated explanations of where he is when not onscreen, and it would finally acknowledge Cas as a regular.

And then, to address the misogyny/lack of diversity question, have him take a new vessel*:  a young, sexy, woman of color.  That way she can help the girls without the "insult" of having yet another white male being paternalistic.   She can choose whatever sexual orientation she wants (or change daily, since she's an angel and gender really doesn't matter); and it would stop Claire's issues about having someone who looks like her father but isn't still hanging around.  (Plus, it would be comedy gold to see Cas learning about tampons!)

Magic, huh?  :)

*he can recycle, like Ruby 2!

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Hey--I have an idea for the future series (putting here instead of the WS thread because I *think* that's just supposed to be about that particular ep?)

Anyway, some suggestions to fix many of the problems with SPN as mentioned in those articles:

Move Cas from SPN to WS (either full-time or given regular status).  That way, there would be no complicated explanations of where he is when not onscreen, and it would finally acknowledge Cas as a regular.

And then, to address the misogyny/lack of diversity question, have him take a new vessel*:  a young, sexy, woman of color.  That way she can help the girls without the "insult" of having yet another white male being paternalistic.   She can choose whatever sexual orientation she wants (or change daily, since she's an angel and gender really doesn't matter); and it would stop Claire's issues about having someone who looks like her father but isn't still hanging around.  (Plus, it would be comedy gold to see Cas learning about tampons!)

I would hate for Castiel to be in a new vessel or move to WS . He fits in the SPN verse and I want him to stay there.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Personally, not fond of the idea as Misha is Cas to me, but it is feasible within the lore of the show and certainly something they could consider. Personally, if they were shifting Cas to WS I’d prefer he remain Misha but would be depowered. Then on Wayward we could see him learning to hunt as a human. I’m imagining Sam and Dean will continue dealing with the big stuff and the WS will deal with more low key monsters so it’d be better for a novice (hunting as a human rather than angel) to train with them.

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

Personally, not fond of the idea as Misha is Cas to me, but it is feasible within the lore of the show and certainly something they could consider. Personally, if they were shifting Cas to WS I’d prefer he remain Misha but would be depowered. Then on Wayward we could see him learning to hunt as a human. I’m imagining Sam and Dean will continue dealing with the big stuff and the WS will deal with more low key monsters so it’d be better for a novice (hunting as a human rather than angel) to train with them.

Why would Cas become a hunter with WS. He's basically already a hunter to an extent with relative degrees of success. I'm not one who wants it back to the boys without others personally.  And since it's girls only at WS why would Cas go over?

15 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

That's an interesting idea. I assume at some point he will feature on the spinoff because of Claire but a new vessel would be interesting considering her hangup of him being in Jimmy's body. After all, Ruby/Lilith/Crowley/Hannah/Lucifer were all in different vessels at some point even if they did go back to their original vessels at the end.

Why would Cas become a hunter with WS. He's basically already a hunter to an extent with relative degrees of success. I'm not one who wants it back to the boys without others personally.  And since it's girls only at WS why would Cas go over?

Oh I’m not actively routing for Cas to move over. I’d prefer for him to remain with SN too. My comment was more “/if/ they were to absolutely insist on moving him over that’s how I’d want it done”.

Personally, and I think Ive said it before, but IMO the show has no interest in such a move. I think if transferring Cas over was on the cards then they’d have made sure to find some way to involve him in the backdoor Pilot. 

Also, Cas isn’t portrayed as being particularly good at day to day hunting. Apparently he can’t even complete a basic vampire hunt on his own LOL 

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And since it's girls only at WS why would Cas go over?

Whenever there is a Claire crisis on SPN fandom wonders why Cas wasn't called. Do you think that he'll never be on the spinoff if it takes off?

Just now, DeeDee79 said:

Whenever there is a Claire crisis on SPN fandom wonders why Cas wasn't called. Do you think that he'll never be on the spinoff if it takes off?

I do for the reason I listed above plus the show has lessened any bond between Cas and Claire from season 11 on and instead shifted to her becoming close to Sam and Dean. So I don’t see them having any interest in going back to Claire and Cas. He was used to bring her back on to the show and then tossed aside. 

4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I do for the reason I listed above plus the show has lessened any bond between Cas and Claire from season 11 on and instead shifted to her becoming close to Sam and Dean. So I don’t see them having any interest in going back to Claire and Cas. He was used to bring her back on to the show and then tossed aside. 

In the eps in seasons 11 & 12 where Claire was featured it's true that Cas wasn't but the former was more about her relationship with Jody & Alex as opposed to Sam & Dean and the latter was more to show Mick's dawning understanding between bad/good monsters than any major bond between her and the brothers, IMO.

8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

*sigh* Doesn't anybody have a sense of humor here?  (Though I think it would be interesting to watch...) :)

I appreciate your snark :)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

In the eps in seasons 11 & 12 where Claire was featured it's true that Cas wasn't but the former was more about her relationship with Jody & Alex as opposed to Sam & Dean and the latter was more to show Mick's dawning understanding between bad/good monsters than any major bond between her and the brothers, IMO.

I appreciate your snark :)

I was more referring to the main cast (Which atm would be Sam, Dean and the regulars (Jack, Lucifer and Cas), but I’d definitely agree with your point about it being more about claire’s dynamic with Jody and Alex. Either way though IMO the show has essentially erased any Cas/Claire connection in favour of her current ones and I have seen no indication returning to that relationship is being considered. So between the Cas/Claire relationship erasure and his non presence in the back door Pilot I’m concluding Cas won’t be a WS character. 

Edited by Wayward Son
15 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

When rumors of the spinoff surfaced I thought for sure Cas would be the floater because of his relationship with Claire. Yet in the two most recent Claire centric episodes he wasn't even name dropped, not even when she was turned into a werewolf, and not mentioned when the boys go missing. So given that I don't see why he would start floating to WS, much less start hunting with them.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I was more referring to the main cast (Which atm would be Sam, Dean and the regulars (Jack, Lucifer and Cas), but I’d definitely agree with your point about it being more about claire’s dynamic with Jody and Alex. Either way though IMO the show has essentially erased any Cas/Claire connection in favour of her current ones and I have seen no indication returning to that relationship is being considered. So between the Cas/Claire relationship erasure and his non presence in the back door Pilot I’m concluding Cas won’t be a WS character. 

Fair enough. I just figured that since they can't seem to write him consistently on SPN or feature him as often as he should be than maybe he would appear on WS. After all if they are trying to appeal to the overall fan base there's no arguing that Cas's presence would only help their viewership.

10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

When rumors of the spinoff surfaced I thought for sure Cas would be the floater because of his relationship with Claire. Yet in the two most recent Claire centric episodes he wasn't even name dropped, not even when she was turned into a werewolf, and not mentioned when the boys go missing. So given that I don't see why he would start floating to WS, much less start hunting with them.

I didn't consider DYFAM to be a Claire centric episode. It was definitely more about the dynamic between Claire/Jody/Alex and overall it seemed to be more Alex centric than anything.

Edited by DeeDee79
1 minute ago, DeeDee79 said:

Fair enough. I just figured that since they can't seem to write him consistently on SPN or feature him as often as he should be than maybe he would appear on WS. After all if they are trying to appeal to the overall fan base there's no arguing that Cas's presence would only help their viewership.

Unless they did do an actor switch I don’t think he’d appear any more in Wayward. Recently, I believe it may have been at SDCC, Misha was asked about why he hadn’t directed since season 9. His answer was basically that directing was a lot of work and the extra time would take away from his outside projects such as Random Acts and GISHWHES. So if he has no interest in directing because it takes him away from his projects then I doubt he’d be interested in a more full time acting role on WS.

Of course the actor switch option is available, but IMO most Cas centric fans associate Misha with the character and love both. Recasting Cas could just as easily turn them off the show rather than encouraging them to watch. 

6 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I didn't consider DYFAM to be a Claire centric episode. It was definitely more about the dynamic between Claire/Jody/Alex and overall it seemed to be more Alex centric than anything.

I wasn't talking about that episode. I was talking about when Claire was turned into a werewolf in s12 and the WS episode. 

I wasn't talking about that episode. I was talking about when Claire was turned into a werewolf in s12 and the WS episode. 

Sorry. I was thinking of the eps that WS referred to in his post regarding the eps in seasons 11 & 12. That being said what reason would they have for Cas to be in the setup for the spinoff?

Edited by DeeDee79
14 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I can see Cass making an appearance once a season, but it doesn't seem like he and Claire are all that tied together anymore. Plus, now that they've effectively removed all the Winchester allies except Cass to Wayward, I don't think they're likely to get rid of Cass too.

And, I don't think angels and demons are going to be a big part of the Wayward mythology. Of course they will exist, but angels and demons are integral to Sam and Dean's story and I'm thinking alternate universe monsters are going to be the things nipping at these ladies heels more than anything. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
16 hours ago, ahrtee said:

*sigh* Doesn't anybody have a sense of humor here?  (Though I think it would be interesting to watch...) :)

Dunno about anyone else, but I am *still* laughing. *g* Here's hoping TPTB really do have agents here and they take your idea back to Dabb. :) 

So if they get a series order does that mean WS will get its own forum? Hope springs eternal. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So if they get a series order does that mean WS will get its own forum? Hope springs eternal. 

I would think that it would since it's technically supposed to be a separate show from SPN. Are all of the Law & Order universes in separate forums or no?

Edit: just checked; yup they are!

Edited by DeeDee79