Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Cowboy Bill

I'm glad that when Ferg told Walt why he thought Meg's ex was Cowboy Bob, Walt realized that Ferg was doing what he does - focusing on the things that support his theory.

Poor Bob. He just wanted his son to get better. It was very sweet of Walt to tell him that he'd cover the $10K for the additional month of treatment, but where does he have that kind of money stashed after he gave what was left in his bank account to Marilyn?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm glad that when Ferg told Walt why he thought Meg's ex was Cowboy Bob, Walt realized that Ferg was doing what he does - focusing on the things that support his theory.

Poor Bob. He just wanted his son to get better. It was very sweet of Walt to tell him that he'd cover the $10K for the additional month of treatment, but where does he have that kind of money stashed after he gave what was left in his bank account to Marilyn?

I thought Walt's self-awareness was pretty surprising, but nice to hear. Especially since he started out the episode telling Henry that Nighthorse confessed to working with Eddie and the Mob, which wasn't what he said at all. He'd only said he'd gotten a loan from Shane. So Walt was taking that tiny piece of it and fitting it into his obsessive belief that Nighthorse was guilty - despite having the occasional doubt about the evidence in the last episode.

As for the money, Walt had buried plenty of money before he cleared out his account, plus he got quite a settlement from the lawsuit, so my guess is that Walt is rolling in dough at the moment.

When the penny dropped (way too late) about who was Cowboy Bill, I went "oh no, Bob." It was really sad. I was kind of hoping Ferg's girlfriend was Cowboy Bill (as unlikely as that would be). 

When Cady told Mandy that she always had a choice, I thought of something someone on one of the forums (I think This is Us) said.  I am paraphrasing - "there's a difference between choice and options." If Mandy couldn't leave the rez, and she was facing a large angry crowd, she didn't have a lot of options to choose from. Mandy was right - Cady can leave. Given everything, Cady should leave. 

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3

I really liked Walt and Vic's intimate conversation in the car. He basically declared he loved her in his Walt way. Too bad the show waited until the end to move their relationship along. I did laugh when Vic asked if there nothing that Walt's wish that he done and he looked at her, I bet thinking, "you."  Vic looked very pretty in that scene. 

Oh Bob. I never suspected that he was Cowboy Bill. He is likely going to prison until he is an old man, if he gets out alive. It was sweet that Walt offered to pay for the rest of the son's rehab.

I am sorry, but Ferg came off as a lunatic. Not even Walt could come up with something so convoluted. Maybe a stretch with her ex-, but there was absolutely no evidence linking Meg to any of this just Ferg's  irrational jealousy. He accused of her of being involved in the crime. He sounded unhinged. I don't blame her for dumping him there and then.

Honestly, I felt for Mandy. She has to live on the rez, while Cady can go home at the end of the day. Cady simply has no idea the depth of resentment towards her now. I wish Henry would sit her down and explain the situation.

11 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Honestly, I felt for Mandy. She has to live on the rez, while Cady can go home at the end of the day. Cady simply has no idea the depth of resentment towards her now. I wish Henry would sit her down and explain the situation.

I don't understand how Cady can be so naive about this. She's thisclose to having a white-savior complex, and I don't think that's what the show intends. But her complete ignorance about the Native American resentment toward whites is really puzzling. She should have some idea of the issues. It's not like she parachuted in from someplace with no Native presence.

• Love 5
On 11/20/2017 at 4:39 PM, 2727 said:

Do we think we know Meg's type?

Capture.JPG

No shit - when ex crawled out from under the car (sweet ride, BTW), it slapped you in the face like an overripe trout.  :D

On 12/21/2017 at 9:54 AM, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand how Cady can be so naive about this. She's thisclose to having a white-savior complex, and I don't think that's what the show intends. But her complete ignorance about the Native American resentment toward whites is really puzzling. She should have some idea of the issues. It's not like she parachuted in from someplace with no Native presence.

Oh god no kidding.  Even more perplexing to me, though, was Nighthorse's absolute, total and uncharacteristic naivete concerning his own community's reaction against the Legal Aid Center following the whole kidnap debacle.  Hell, Jacob's Tribal Council vote unequivocally demonstrated his personal views were in total lockstep with those of the community.  Why the hell, then would Jacob even entertain the notion of pushing to keep the LAC open for a clientele which would forever ostracize it - particularly if it were such an expensive operation, at a time Jacob was fighting tooth and nail to address financial issues?  

The one good thing about this train wreck of a story line was it gave Jacob a gold-plated reason to shut down what had become an expensive boondoggle - and he didn't even do THAT.  :(

Two episodes to go and Cady's career and standing with the Cheyenne is ruined, Ferg's love life is ruined and we are left with sappy longing looks between Walt and Vic which apparently means the lurrrvvvvve each other.  Barf.

• Love 3