Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: The Day After Thanksgiving

The Huangs' idea to skip Thanksgiving this year doesn't last long when Louis plays matchmaker and invites Grandma's ESL teacher, Bernard, to dinner after he notices their flirtation in class. To Jessica's amazement, Grandma Huang offers to cook the entire meal to show her appreciation. Meanwhile, to prove his maturity, Evan lets Eddie and Emery sneak him into his first R-rated movie.

So, not a great week to have George Takei as your guest star. His scenes just made me uncomfortable. I did like Jessica and Jenny bonding. I also liked the brothers. A whole plot where all three of them were likeable? Amazing!

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, vibeology said:

So, not a great week to have George Takei as your guest star. His scenes just made me uncomfortable. I did like Jessica and Jenny bonding. I also liked the brothers. A whole plot where all three of them were likeable? Amazing!

There aren't enough hearts to give your post. This was one of the better episodes this season and maybe the best one featuring all of the Huangs this season, but I couldn't enjoy it because of George Takei guest starring.

I'm so mad not only on behalf of those he victimized. Also because I hadn't heard about him being on Howard Stern before where his inappropriate behavior was apparently well known, so I'm pissed that I thought he was one of the good guys. In fact I even followed him on Twitter because I agreed with so many of his tweets. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, vibeology said:

So, not a great week to have George Takei as your guest star. His scenes just made me uncomfortable.

6 hours ago, mortonsalt said:

There aren't enough hearts to give your post. This was one of the better episodes this season and maybe the best one featuring all of the Huangs this season, but I couldn't enjoy it because of George Takei guest starring.

I'm so mad not only on behalf of those he victimized. Also because I hadn't heard about him being on Howard Stern before where his inappropriate behavior was apparently well known, so I'm pissed that I thought he was one of the good guys. In fact I even followed him on Twitter because I agreed with so many of his tweets. 

Wait.  What's being talked about regarding him?  I feel like I've been under a rock.

As for the episode, I quite enjoyed it regardless of Takei.  I was actually surprised that Jessica was right again that Jenny was only getting close to Bernard for the A.  I really thought Louis would be right and that she really did like him.

Was I Know What You Did Last Summer really that scary?  I'd like some kind of run-down, because what I've heard about it didn't sound that bad.  That said, I did love Evan getting one over on both Eddie and Emery in the end.

Honey as a drunk was one of my favorite parts of the episode.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Was I Know What You Did Last Summer really that scary?  I'd like some kind of run-down, because what I've heard about it didn't sound that bad.  That said, I did love Evan getting one over on both Eddie and Emery in the end.

IKWYDLS is adequate. Not terrible, not awesome. I think it works well here because it's a really good time capsule as far as the cast. And that it is a "soft" enough R that it isn't truly appalling that a young kid might see it.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

It was brilliant that they brought in The Barney Incident at the Macy's T-Day Parade, and kept the chronology up to "It was twenty years ago today"

Remembered the incident, but had to Google to confirm the date. I love when writers take the time to make sure the details are accurate. 

• Love 2

Honey and her drunk not memories were pretty amazing. I also really enjoyed the brothers all having a plot, and keeping them all likable. I like when they all have a plot together. 

The Barney Incident was a perfect weird thing to bring up. 

• Love 4

LMAO, just seeing George Takei, not sure whether to vomit or laugh because of those sex allegations. So sad, I always liked him personally but the allegation does not look good for him at all. Feel bad for the cast of Fresh off the boat, not knowing he was a sex predator.

• Love 3

Since the next episode is November 21st, which was release date of Mortal Kombat Annilhilation. The worst movie of 1997....20 years old by now!

Who could forget classic lines like "Mother, you're alive!" Or "Yes, and now you die!"

God, I wonder how Jessica would respond to this movie's horrible acting and directing? God, this movie was so bad it was MSTK3000 material.

• Love 1