Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Thanks, I wasn't planning on peeing my pants at work today, but unpredictability is the spice of life, right?

STOP. I. CAN'T.

This thread is giving me life today. That skit makes me laugh until I'm verging on comatose. Gilda in general really.

RQTQXUF.gif

I'm dying. Amazing avatar @crazydegulady. Welcome to the club!

Sorry guys, four quotes in one post is too many. I gotta go.

HAHA!! We're all kind of in rare form today. I'll have to see what's going on, interplanetarily.

• Love 2
On 6/21/2017 at 1:04 PM, LaurenBrook said:

The way CMT presented the Courtney issue is where I get upset; I think that yeah, people would have noticed if she disappeared because she was featured a lot and a fan favorite, but they tried to make it this big dramatic plot point, at her expense. They tried to even interview other DCC about it for the episode and they ALL refused because hello, this is a real girl struggling - their teammate and friend - not a prop for drama.  Without details into her personal life, Courtney struggled from the pressure, started spiraling and good for her and her family for taking action.  Kelli came across a bit over the top in that scene but I honestly think Kelli was genuinely upset about it all.  She DID obviously really like Courtney and I think she felt terrible about what happened. I wish she could/would have put her foot down on addressing it like they did. 

So many of these girls come in straight out of high school, but unlike a college atmosphere where you have counselors, etc. they don't have that with the DCC.  Please don't think I'm blaming the DCC for stuff like what happened with Courtney; obviously some girls handle it fine and it's certainly no secret that being a DCC *is* a lot of pressure.  You are expected to be world class, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that they expect you to stick to standards (or go "beyond" lol).  But I also think it's hard for girls straight out of HS to comprehend what all it entails and how emotionally taxing it can be.  i think back to being 18, graduating, small town girl, and how freaking overwhelmed I would have been to get into DCC training camp! 

Just my 2 cents. And for the record, I adore Courtney.  She was one of my favorites; hyper, yes, but very genuine. And on that note, I also can't fault Kelli for having 'favorites'; I think we'd love for it to be equal across the board for everyone but Kelli is only human.  There are going to be girls she clicks with/sees herself in/etc. and that makes it hard to be objective, I get it. 

Yes, this exactly! Courtney was one of my favorites. I was heartbroken she had to leave.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tess might just give Kelsey a run for her money with Who Has the Best DCC Body. Tess is gorgeous! 

Tess is so sweet on social media too! i hope she stands out more this year! 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Tess is so sweet on social media too! i hope she stands out more this year! 

Me, too! I like her! She's seems to be low key, but gorgeous and a great dancer. 

Yuko is beautiful, too.

I feel like they were playing mind games with us  with all those unflattering, stomach pushed out preview shots. Good for them LOL. All these pics are great!

• Love 2

Tess and Yuko both look gorgeous.. Khalyn is stunning, but what bugs me is Jinelle's bottoms, what's with that extra weird band across the front? You'd get an awful tan line in that bikini.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Check out Holly's IG live this morning. Looks like they are celebrating Chantel's birthday. Yuko is leading a fun birthday cheer. Kinda reminds me of my sorority days. 

I so wish some things wouldn't be on insta stories so we could link, that little Japanese dance was so cute and gave a glimpse at Yuko's personality. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Check out Holly's IG live this morning. Looks like they are celebrating Chantel's birthday. Yuko is leading a fun birthday cheer. Kinda reminds me of my sorority days. 

The TCC's looks really out of place. Like they don't look like they gel with the other girls yet.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I so wish some things wouldn't be on insta stories so we could link, that little Japanese dance was so cute and gave a glimpse at Yuko's personality. 

I liked that too. She was adorable. And they all looked like they were having so much fun.

2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

The TCC's looks really out of place. Like they don't look like they gel with the other girls yet.

I thought the same thing. They were as separated as we always see them in the studio on the show.

• Love 1

You know what is interesting is how many of the TCC's know veterans on the team. Alexis had a photo on IG live with Chantel from when they were on the Mavericks together. Lauren posted a pic of a message of encouragement from a vet from last year and Alexandria was on the Pro Bowl team with DCC Holly Hubb. I wonder how much of an advantage that gives them?

16 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

You know what is interesting is how many of the TCC's know veterans on the team. Alexis had a photo on IG live with Chantel from when they were on the Mavericks together. Lauren posted a pic of a message of encouragement from a vet from last year and Alexandria was on the Pro Bowl team with DCC Holly Hubb. I wonder how much of an advantage that gives them?

I think the only advantage it gives them is that perhaps they may get a potential "heads up" about stuff. For example: they may be able to help them with kicks or polish something beforehand. As far as an advantage on getting on the team, I think it's every woman for herself.

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, Dopeydwarf said:

Yes, this exactly! Courtney was one of my favorites. I was heartbroken she had to leave.

I was always confused by that entire scene.  Did she make the decision to seek help for her situation and just decided to up and do it?  Was that why it was a big "surprise" on the show?

I saw a couple pics of her in more recent times and she seems very happy and healthy!  I think she's also back home and away from Dallas

22 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I was always confused by that entire scene.  Did she make the decision to seek help for her situation and just decided to up and do it?  Was that why it was a big "surprise" on the show?

I saw a couple pics of her in more recent times and she seems very happy and healthy!  I think she's also back home and away from Dallas

they made it look like a huge surprise but to my understanding her teammates were not shocked at all.  obviously they saw her all the time and knew she was struggling.  i believe it was her parents that put their foot down and wanted her to come home. She does seem to be doing WONDERFULLY these days and it's so nice to see :) 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I might be in the minority on this, but I do not understand what is so great about Khalyn. I guess a lot of the rookies from last season do not wow me.

She's just hella gorgeous and seems like a sweetheart. 

• Love 4

I like Mandy, but she is not with the team anymore. Kelli is okay to me, but I wish they would do something with her hair and makeup since her current DCC look ages her. I adore Jinelle, Lacey, Robin, KaShara, Maggie, Amy L, Erica, Holly and a few other veterans, but the rest of the team seems blah to me.

I loved Khalyn since early training camp! When she had her cryfest in Kelli's office and talked about her struggles with confidence and being raised to be humble I liked her even more, especially when she rallied to step it up in those final rehearsals. And now, when I see her calendar photos and how insanely gorgeous she looks and that killer figure of hers, I'm even more amazed at her sense of humility. I wish we'd get more footage of her dancing and I hope she rocks it this year as a vet. 

I still have mixed feelings about Kelsey. She's more mature and less dumb than she originally appeared on the show to me and seems quite nice in many ways. I even was glad for her when she made the team, even though I originally had had serious doubts about her dance memory and professionalism. Yes, she's gorgeous, no doubt. But here's (I think) my unpopular opinion: in some photos I think she needs to gain a couple pounds. Her ribs and hip bones show to me a little too prominently in some pics, and I think a couple pounds would soften what sometimes appears to be a harshness in her face. I also think she's a little thirsty in a way that kind of turns me off. She puts a lot of effort into posing for her social media pics. Wait, let me put on full makeup and fake eyelashes and you can take this amazing picture of me in this infinity pool at dusk! Now, here, let me make perfect footprints in this sand so you can frame this shot behind me as I look out at the ocean! The photo series posted of her getting wiped out by the wave was funny--and her ability to laugh at herself like that definitely is part of her charm--but, again, there was a lot of effort that went into those pictures. Here, climb up really high so you have the perfect shot of me frolicking in the waves... Yes, the views are gorgeous where she travels to, but I just think she cares a lot about showing the world how pretty she is, how great her body is, and how wonderful her life is. Now, if I looked like Kelsey and had her body and vacation budget, maybe I'd be posting perfectly staged and curated pictures for all to see, too. None of what I'm saying makes her not nice or smart or fun or a good cheerleader. But it does make me wonder if she's a bit shallow or how much substance there is to her. I know lots of folks (mostly not on this forum!) think being a DCC and being shallow go hand in hand, but that's something I love about the show is that I've learned there's a lot more depth and quality of character to a lot of the cheerleaders than many suspect. So, she's fine to me as a cheerleader, I'm impressed with her determination, and I've said "dayum" at some of her gorgeous pictures, but she isn't a favorite of mine by any stretch. 

• Love 2

Kelsey is way more low key in the IG videos her bf shares...in a lot of them she isn't wearing make up, is in just leggings and a sports bra or something...very laid back.  

I know I stand up for her all the time and am high key her biggest fan ;)  I get why you feel the way you do from pics on her IG tho! I just mean that i really don't think she's stuck on herself or super shallow. I kind of don't blame her for all the modeling-esque shots.  When she's done with DCC she really could get some legit modeling jobs so might as well keep that at the forefront.  

And what you said about Khalyn I 100% agree with! I think she just seems like a doll and a really hard worker. 

• Love 11

I like Kelsey, Erica, Robin, Kashara, Amy L, Maggie, Lacey, and Jinelle. I think Jenna and Holly are fantastic dancers. J seems thirsty as hell, and Holly is cute, but her facials just drive me nuts at times. I like Kelli Q., but I agree with whoever up there said new hair and makeup. I used to dye my hair light blonde!! Lol. My hairdresser and I had a convo when I was around 30 that it was time to weave in darker color. I'm a redhead, so we went reddish. Anyhow, that was years ago. Now, my hair is auburn and I don't wear foundation, powder, or anything on my face. I wear moisturizer, concealer, eye makeup, blush, and lip stuff. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll wear highlight lol. I digress. 

Okay, now the rest of the squad. Bess and Tess look identical to me, Tasha seems very plastic, but she is honest about it, khalyn is beautiful, but I forget she exists at times. Heather O. blends so much to me that I forgot she was on the squad until she got ROY. I think Simone is stunning, but I mix her and Selina up. Milan blends to me, but I like her hair blonde. I know I'm missing a couple, so that means they haven't stood out to me. I feel like there's someone big I'm forgetting.

Tcc- I can't say much. I don't know them well. I've seen some clips. I can't make it past Brennan's eyes. Not a huge fan of Miranda. Her hair needs a good chop!  Briana has been discussed- very pretty and tall. Has DCC looks. My problem with Christina is I have gotten myself out of a wheelchair, learned to walk again(twice!) after a stroke. I just have a low tolerance for people who make excuses. You CAN do anything with the right attitude. The rest of them have basically blend together for me. I know there's one that looks a bit older, but they're all a sea of faces. 

Im bored. 

• Love 2

I forgot Cersten, Chantal, and Yuko! 

Cersten- beautiful and great dancer!

Chantal- that hair!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yuko- I don't think her being on the team is a giant conspiracy.i think she appeals to a fan base. She's cute, a good dancer, and seems to have a fun personality.

Khalyn and Tess's swimsuit pics-wow!!! 

• Love 3

I don't actually spend much time on DCC Instagram accounts or their circles of peeps (mostly going off of what gets posted here), so that's nice to hear Kelsey does have a lower key side. I still think it's a little strange to want to post one's life regularly to the world nearly always in full makeup, bikinis, etc. in general, not just regarding her. It just feels so...staged and... Millenial. But maybe it's just that I know no one wants to see my fat ass doing much of anything on social media, especially wearing a bikini! Plus, I've always been a kind of shy and private person, so the idea of strangers (or coworkers) seeing personal parts of my life (like my cottage cheese thighs or even being out to brunch with friends) feels uncomfortable and unnecessary to me. I used to be a dancer and would think nothing about performing in front of lots of people (I'm not talking AT&T Stadium, but maybe a few hundred or a thousand people), but that was performance. There's a fourth wall and everything to make me feel protected! That said, I do enjoy checking out the DCC Twitter accounts now and again, because I get to see some of what they're up to outside of what the show films. It also lets me see some of their personalities, which sometimes makes me like a girl I'd overlooked, but sometimes makes me wonder about their thirst, etc. 

Chantal wasn't a rookie last year, but I think she's gorgeous and I really do want to know what she puts in her hair. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't actually spend much time on DCC Instagram accounts or their circles of peeps (mostly going off of what gets posted here), so that's nice to hear Kelsey does have a lower key side. I still think it's a little strange to want to post one's life regularly to the world nearly always in full makeup, bikinis, etc. in general, not just regarding her. It just feels so...staged and... Millenial. But maybe it's just that I know no one wants to see my fat ass doing much of anything on social media, especially wearing a bikini! Plus, I've always been a kind of shy and private person, so the idea of strangers (or coworkers) seeing personal parts of my life (like my cottage cheese thighs or even being out to brunch with friends) feels uncomfortable and unnecessary to me. I used to be a dancer and would think nothing about performing in front of lots of people (I'm not talking AT&T Stadium, but maybe a few hundred or a thousand people), but that was performance. There's a fourth wall and everything to make me feel protected! That said, I do enjoy checking out the DCC Twitter accounts now and again, because I get to see some of what they're up to outside of what the show films. It also lets me see some of their personalities, which sometimes makes me like a girl I'd overlooked, but sometimes makes me wonder about their thirst, etc. 

Chantal wasn't a rookie last year, but I think she's gorgeous and I really do want to know what she puts in her hair. 

haha i feel ya - I am the same way! not the kind of attention id want on myself but I also do not have 20k IG followers, mine are all friends who would be like what the heck lauren why are you wearing that? LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Chantal responded to me on Instagram when I asked her directly about her hair routine. She was very friendly in her response. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Chantal responded to me on Instagram when I asked her directly about her hair routine. She was very friendly in her response. 

So share!!!  What is it???  Inquiring minds want to know :)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Dish!! We need to know how she gets those bouncy curls of glory!

1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

Dish!! We need to know how she gets those bouncy curls of glory!

This is what she sent me:

I use a mousse on the roots and then finger curl sections at a time with Coconut Oil Creme, after that I put on a defrizz cream before I defuse it....once it's dry I use a wand to touch up the difficult pieces :)

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

This is what she sent me:

I use a mousse on the roots and then finger curl sections at a time with Coconut Oil Creme, after that I put on a defrizz cream before I defuse it....once it's dry I use a wand to touch up the difficult pieces :)

"then, I say 27 hail marys and 14 our fathers. Then, I sacrifice a virgin goldfish. Then, I spritz with Aveda shine spray. Then, I section off and flat iron each curl until it's stick straight. Then, I curl each straight piece. Then...."

Dang! I literally wake up, coat my hands with pommade, run my hands over my hair like a crazy person, and voila. I'm so lazy with my hair!

• Love 6

LOL Welcome to my life. This is almost exactly my routine (minus mousse on the roots because I'm not trying to get my hair to heaven and I def don't finger curl section by section!!)...coconut oil creme is a lifesaver and defrizz cream on before defusing it then touching up random areas that wave instead of curl..YUP.  

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

LOL Welcome to my life. This is almost exactly my routine (minus mousse on the roots because I'm not trying to get my hair to heaven and I def don't finger curl section by section!!)...coconut oil creme is a lifesaver and defrizz cream on before defusing it then touching up random areas that wave instead of curl..YUP.  

What brand of coconut oil cream?

Please don't hate me for this because I love having her on the team but I don't understand why Holly would stay beyond this year except for the thrill of cheering at the Super Bowl from the sidelines.  She has an amazing dance career ahead of her and for one reason or another she is not currently on the leadership track.  Unless Holly thinks they will promote her to an assistant group leader/group leader next year, I wouldn't want to risk the strain and possible injury that another year of NFL dancing might bring.  

10 minutes ago, marizetian said:

Please don't hate me for this because I love having her on the team but I don't understand why Holly would stay beyond this year except for the thrill of cheering at the Super Bowl from the sidelines.  She has an amazing dance career ahead of her and for one reason or another she is not currently on the leadership track.  Unless Holly thinks they will promote her to an assistant group leader/group leader next year, I wouldn't want to risk the strain and possible injury that another year of NFL dancing might bring.  

She's in college I think so maybe she'll move on after she graduates

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

She's in college I think so maybe she'll move on after she graduates

Yeah, I'm pretty sure her plan is to do it as long as she's in college and they'll allow her on the team and then figure it out once she's out of college?

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure her plan is to do it as long as she's in college and they'll allow her on the team and then figure it out once she's out of college?

And why not lol?? Ride this thing till the wheels fall off. Why wouldn't she want to stay on while she can? 

• Love 4
Just now, QuiteCalM said:

And why not lol?? Ride this thing till the wheels fall off. Why wouldn't she want to stay on while she can? 

Exactly. I'm pretty sure that's Jenna's plan too lol

Just now, QuiteCalM said:

Oh lord you know that's the truth lol 

I do wonder if she'll try and one up Syd.