Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: The Pig Whisperer

Greg sides with Anna-Kat about keeping her beloved pet pig, despite Katie's objections, and he even plays dirty to win this battle. Meanwhile, Oliver and Viv compete for the attention of a new neighbor; and Taylor considers dating an older guy.

7 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

Real talk - "I can't get that pillow again. That's a one-of-a-kind from TJ Maxx."

And this is what I like about the show.  The other housewives wouldn't be caught dead in a TJ Maxx, but Katie thinks their merchandise is "one of a kind".

• Love 6

How practical is it to have a pig as a pet, though? I think at some point it's going to be too big to have indoors. What they should have done is compromised and took the pig to a farm then agreed to get the dog Anna-Kat has always wanted.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I'm kind of surprised Westport doesn't already have rules about farm animals as pets. 

It does.  I know it requires a permit to own farm animals like pigs and likely (if it's anything like Norwalk and the chances are good that it is) doesn't allow them to live in a human residence but requires an outbuilding or "pig sty" to house them.  Plus I think there are rules about how many feet back from the road their sty would need to be situated and how large the property would have to be.  I know in Norwalk it's something like a minimum 2 acres before they'll give you a permit.  I know this from a woman I knew when I lived there that had a rather large property and owned sheep.  They may have separate laws about keeping little "teacup" and "pot bellied" pigs as pets but the Otto's pig is not in that category.  So I have a feeling that the next thing we know someone will "rat" on them and the town will force them to get rid of the pig, or maybe someone with a larger property will offer to "host" him for them.  Or maybe they'll just ask us once again to suspend disbelief about this plot device.

8 hours ago, theatremouse said:

It seems like they've dropped Anna-Kat's OCD entirely all of a sudden.

I agree, just like they all of a sudden made Taylor go from really dumb down to just being naive about things, but then turned her into a typical teen who just makes some basic decisions that Katey doesn't like. They don't have to throw in the forefront, but Anna-Kat's OCD really just disappeared especially after the lice episode a couple episodes back. 

• Love 2
On 11/2/2017 at 4:22 PM, AnnaRose said:

I thought this episode was pretty hilarious throughout.  I'm so glad Viv is back. 

It's so weird. I didn't like Viv when she was in most of the episodes the first season, but I was glad to have her back. I thought her and Oliver competing for the inheritance was a fun plot.  And as soon as I saw that the "pig whisperer" was hot, I knew where that was going.   

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Pigs poop way too much to have them in the house.

Whenever I see that pig running around the house, I always think it should be wearing a diaper.  They can't really be house-trained, can they?

• Love 2
On 11/17/2017 at 5:02 PM, AnnaRose said:

Whenever I see that pig running around the house, I always think it should be wearing a diaper.  They can't really be house-trained, can they?

I've seen guides online on how to train pot bellied or "teacup" pigs, but who knows about "regular" pigs?  Their pig seems like the kind that keeps growing until it's a full-on huge hog, so I think eventually they'll have to get rid of him or build a sty and keep him outside but then how would he live through the cold winters?  I'm hoping they give him away to a local farmer or something like that.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2