Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: The Beginning of the End

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DFWGina said:

Per the show, Brandi lives in Plano and LeeAnne in Dallas though not in the same area as Cary, D’Andra or Kameron.

Sadly, Dallas no longer has a Saks (since 2014ish)...

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I thought Leeanne lived near Brandi?

She lives in the same general area as everyone but Stephanie & Brandi, but not the exact neighborhoods.  D'Andra & Kameron are in HP, Cary is in Preston Hollow & Leeanne lives around Walnut Hill & Hilcrest but east of Hilcrest, so she's not in Preston Hollow. Kind of PH adjacent, but still south of 635 & between 75 & the Toll.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:13 AM, TheFinalRose said:

Her coloring is so unique; she reminds me of Snow White (the Disney animated one) all grown up (but with a deeper voice). I'm wondering when D'Andra got married because that cosmic warrior headdress she wore is hard to place in the past decade or so of wedding fashions. It looks 80s to me; unless that is where Dallas society is stuck anyway.

According to this: http://www.ohsocynthia.com/2012/02/dandra-simmons-bridal-shower-was-tres.html She got married (or her shower was held anyway) in 2012.  So, yeah, I'm not exactly in "society" but I haven't seen any bride here wear a headdress like that.  I've been in Dallas for 20 years.  

13 hours ago, 918lux said:

She lives in the same general area as everyone but Stephanie & Brandi, but not the exact neighborhoods.  D'Andra & Kameron are in HP, Cary is in Preston Hollow & Leeanne lives around Walnut Hill & Hilcrest but east of Hilcrest, so she's not in Preston Hollow. Kind of PH adjacent, but still south of 635 & between 75 & the Toll.

But the important question is how far are they all from The Round Up?

• Love 13

Frankly, I would be surprised to see this get renewed for Season Three.  First Season was all about Social Charity Scene and who fit in and who didn't who the competition among the doyennes as to who was the Grande Dame, if I recall.  This season did we even SEE charity work?  Really Bravo, think "D.C." and not "B.H." when it comes to these harpies.  It should have been one and done.  I don't want to watch 40 minutes of bitchy mean and only five minutes of cute child interraction!  

16 hours ago, TexasGal said:

According to this: http://www.ohsocynthia.com/2012/02/dandra-simmons-bridal-shower-was-tres.html She got married (or her shower was held anyway) in 2012.  So, yeah, I'm not exactly in "society" but I haven't seen any bride here wear a headdress like that.  I've been in Dallas for 20 years.  

Thanks for that link. Wow, these pics are something else. (1) D'andra has lost some weight. Personally I think the extra weight looked good on her. (2) Cary and Kam are in the pics too -- Cary's had a lot of work done in the last five years. (3) No LeeAnne whatsoever.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 1

I have been catching up watching season 1 and now this. Personally, I think this show is hilarious. Comedy gold!

If D'Andra's mother's company really is a multi-million-dollar enterprise, then investing $100K in a new product (especially a high-end cosmetic that makes the claims that it does) is a drop in the bucket. I understand that Dee's a micro-manager and controls the purse strings with a tight fist but ... Anyway, I think that's part of the whole problem with the case of the missing ingredients. When your employees are used to having every move and decisions analyzed under a microscope they don't feel empowered to do their jobs. D'Andra, on the other hand, seems like she understands the concept of delegation and that's where things fell through the cracks. Whoever was responsible for ordering raw materials probably was waiting to the "OK" from Dee to filter down the chain and that didn't happen. D'Andra probably (wrongly) assumed that people that the authority to do whatever was needed to make sure the product roll-out progressed smoothly and on time.

Whatever the case, I am glad that Dee wasn't too hard on D'Andra and handed her the keys to the kingdom. From the way D'Andra bosses around and manages the group of HWs, I have no qualms about her going in and turning things around the propelling that company into the 21st Century.

Stephanie, Cary and Brandi need to get drunk on Jesus Juice and go swimming in Stephanie's 2" indoor pool and drown. Brandi has "DUMB" all but tattooed on her forehead and Stephanie just seems to go with the flow and not rock the boat. Cary is vile and she reminds me of Brandi Glanville who used to be on Beverly Hills.  I will die laughing if it does all come out in the end that her husband is a closet gay and is indeed blowing off at the Round-up. What a vapid waste of carbon that one is.  She's this franchise's version of Lisa Rinna, except complete humorless.

Brandi is like a wind-up toy that you just point towards whomever you want her to stir the pot with and off she goes. That brunch blow-up was so staged and phony. After watching her in last season's episodes where she is all about "open communication" (with that douchebag she's married to) I thought that at the very least she was smart enough to have a private conversation with Leanne and find a way to gradually ease out of the friendship without staging a major coup.

I sort of felt sorry for Leanne for everybody ganging up on her at her bridal brunch, but on the other hand, she kind of had it coming. Now that I have a better perspective of her, she is very self-righteous, full of herself and is a master at back-pedaling and retconning conversations under the guise of "owning it." I also have a better understanding of her relationship with Rich. He very deftly knows how to "manage" her, which she desperately needs in a partner if the marriage is going to have any chance of survival. A man whom she could manipulate and mow down would be a disaster.

I don't have a feeling about Kameron either way. She does have a very odd monotone ashen appearance. I really didn't see any value that she added to this group, other than a new ally for Leanne.  After watching last season, I kind of liked Tiffany. I don't know why she's not back this year. Did Keith SubUrban decide he couldn't make it in Dallas and they moved back to L.A. or something?

I would trade Kameron for Tiffany back and keep D'Andra.  I'd actually watch a show about D'Andra and her turning her company around. However, I wonder if now that Dee has "officially" put D'Andra in charge if D'Andra will have time to be a HW. I kind of get the feeling that maybe she strategically used this show as a vehicle to make things happen for her at work. I'd miss her. She was the voice of reason that bunch desperately needs but going forward, she's going to need to get closer with the Botox trio.

The show will also need to bring on more "friends of" regularly. Right now, with the extreme polarization -- 3/3 -- there needs to be some outside catalyst to move things forward. Plenty of drama can be manufactured during the off-season: Pregnancy, divorce, family member death, off-camera reconciliations, etc.

I hope that Bravo will give this group at least one more season to gel. I think that with some tweaks and patience, this franchise has the potential to improve. It will never be on the same level as BH or NYC but it's a nice in-between when those two franchises are on hiatus.

• Love 2
On October 31, 2017 at 0:24 AM, LilaFowler said:

Brandi is really such an awful person. Cary is right there with her, though. Why did she and Mark go to Leeanne's engagement party? For camera time. At least be honest about that, no need to spin some yarn about how much they respect Rich. Two episodes back, Cary was gleefully telling the world how small his dick allegedly is. There was no reason for her to go to LeeAnne's engagement brunch either -- more camera time. I seriously hate her and I'm no fan of LeeAnne.

I noticed that the commercial preview for this episode said "finale" but the actual visual said "season finale." Makes me wonder if this show is done for good. Personally I have no desire whatsoever to see Cary, Brandi, Stephanie or Kameron. LeeAnne makes it hard to root for her. D'andra is okay, I guess.

*small voice* I would totally watch another season. 

• Love 12

I am sick of Stephanie cracking up at her own jokes when she does her TH.  She talks and laughs over and over again.  It is getting sickening.

Oh I love this about her!  When she laughs at her own jokes it cracks me up.  I think it's endearing, and her comments are pretty funny. 

• Love 3
On 11/4/2017 at 3:35 AM, LilaFowler said:

Thanks for that link. Wow, these pics are something else. (1) D'andra has lost some weight. Personally I think the extra weight looked good on her. (2) Cary and Kam are in the pics too -- Cary's had a lot of work done in the last five years. (3) No LeeAnne whatsoever.

Wow Cary is almost unrecognizable. I guess she lets her husband experiment on her...

• Love 1