Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Sci Hard

"Ohhhh this is a wrinkle" "A wrinkle?"  "Barnaby's getting his ass kicked"

LOL!

You knew as soon as Elias mentioned the balloons dropping that they were going to drop.

Oh yeah...the whole tightie whities/stork/boys don't like being jostled Happy/Toby exchange was a good one.

This one was fun.  I laughed a lot.  It was nice to see Cabe being badass again too.  The Laura Branigan tape finally got ejected!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

This kind of story works much better than the "save the world from destruction" stories.

While I agree, I don't mind those plots, as well, so long as they aren't "Scorpion saves the world from their own incompetence." 

I liked Richard pointing out to Walter how often Walter had screwed up. It really was kind of ridiculous. 

• Love 4

Loved this episode. It was just so fun. I always enjoy when Richard Elia makes an appearance. And the bar exam guy who ended up helping Sylvester was a hoot. "That's either the truth or the coolest lie I've ever heard." Plus the way he said "No, it's not 'same seatsies'" amused me.

• Love 5

well, shoot me, I LOVED this episode. Hasn't happened in a while with this show.

Was it done by a different writer, director or combo of them? Cause I need more stuff like that.

quick look at wiki and it seems like director for this epi is Dwight H Little, and he hasn't done much for Scorpion before. Writing is collaboration of Rob Pearlstein & Nick Santora. Pearlstein being another rare contributor. I'll be attributing this episode to those two. So let's have more of Dwight and Rob in the future!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, raven said:

You knew as soon as Elias mentioned the balloons dropping that they were going to drop.

This one was fun.  I laughed a lot.  It was nice to see Cabe being badass again too.  The Laura Branigan tape finally got ejected!

One of the reasons I watch the political conventions every four years is to see the balloons drop. I was waiting to see how the balloon drop would figure into the episode, and was pleased with the result. I didn't see the episode title before I watched it, but as soon as the bad guys took hostages and Cabe was in the tank I squealed "They're doing Die Hard." When Cabe first went into the tank, I thought it was going in a different direction. I thought the guy near the booth was going to be a bad guy who would steal Cabe's phone and trap him in the tank. 

12 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought the exam proctor was going to volunteer to represent Cabe pro bono, or find someone who would, because he was impressed by his heroism.

That's exactly where I thought it was going too. On the other hand, this way the writers can do their own spin My Cousin Vinny if they want to. There's going to be a ton of procedural stuff Sly is going to get wrong/not be aware of. In that type of situation, there's only so much you can learn from books.

Edited by Sarah 103

I'm still stuck on Sly having his phone out in the testing room and not being immediately booted. Proctor shouldn't have needed to go find him in the bathroom and accuse him. I know this show is not at all about the realism but that little shit bugs me. I'm also wondering how all the bad guys managed to rig bombs on every single door so quickly without anyone noticing despite what should've been people coming and going the whole damn time.

• Love 1

I loved the line "They're like if Mensa had its own Mensa."  (There are other high-IQ organizations besides Mensa; none seem to be as well known.)

That this had a lot more of the silly conflicts (as opposed to end-of-the-world conflicts) was nice.

Nice to see Robert Patrick showing his range as the cyber-butler and as a badass (which, if Gotham has taught us anything, is pretty close.)

Also, because I was curious, you don't have to have a law degree, but the only other normal way to pass the bar in Vermont is to take a 4-year Law Office Study Program.  It's closer to the truth, but not something you can just study for and hope.

On 10/25/2017 at 1:51 AM, possibilities said:

I thought the exam proctor was going to volunteer to represent Cabe pro bono, or find someone who would, because he was impressed by his heroism.

Thought the same thing and was surprised when they did not go this route.

I don't watch that many TV shows but have watched this one since the beginning.  I was pulled in with Sylvester and Megan's story line. Otherwise, I have been a very casual viewer.  Something has changed and I find myself more drawn to it. I only hope they they don't try the tired old shtick of will Paige and Walter stay together or won't they.  I'm not a fan of those story lines and find them intrusive. 

I would probably find other TV shows fun to watch but for some reason don't take the time to view them.  If I find a show I like, I tend to watch other shows on the same channel more so than on other channels.

On October 25, 2017 at 11:00 AM, vavera4ka said:

well, shoot me, I LOVED this episode. Hasn't happened in a while with this show.

Was it done by a different writer, director or combo of them? Cause I need more stuff like that.

quick look at wiki and it seems like director for this epi is Dwight H Little, and he hasn't done much for Scorpion before. Writing is collaboration of Rob Pearlstein & Nick Santora. Pearlstein being another rare contributor. I'll be attributing this episode to those two. So let's have more of Dwight and Rob in the future!

Thanks for looking that up, @vavera4ka. And yes, more stories by Pearlstein, please.

And thanks to all who posted here, without which I would not have bothered to watched this episode.