Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Tribute

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

At least with Oliver's past history none of the press would be surprised he got a girl pregnant.

No, I think they'd be more surprised he only got ONE girl pregnant.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Arrow does love to repeat it's own storylines. 

And here I thought my "Oliver finds out Laurel was pregnant when the Gambit went down and gave the kid up for adoption, never telling him about it. BS sees the kid and instantly falls genetically in love with it redeeming her and she and Oliver live happily ever after with him/her" was just nightmare fanfiction. ;) 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Featherhat said:

And here I thought my "Oliver finds out Laurel was pregnant when the Gambit went down and gave the kid up for adoption, never telling him about it. BS sees the kid and instantly falls genetically in love with it redeeming her and she and Oliver live happily ever after with him/her" was just nightmare fanfiction. ;) 

Yikes! You just had to put it out there in the world.  Though it only seemed remotely possible through BS latching onto the kid. I have no worries about Oliver ever being interested that way with Evil Laurell.  Still, part of me is intrigued by confirmation that E1 had an evil streak as well.

Yeah, if Laurel was pregnant with Oliver's kid when the Gambit went down, the only circumstance I could see her giving it up (and the not insubstantial privileges that would have followed) would have been a psychotic break and subsequent memory loss.

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Yeah, if Laurel was pregnant with Oliver's kid when the Gambit went down, the only circumstance I could see her giving it up (and the not insubstantial privileges that would have followed) would have been a psychotic break and subsequent memory loss.

I think most of us were shocked Moira didn't swipe William when Ollie died. Can't imagine her not being in contact with two grandkids. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yikes! You just had to put it out there in the world.  Though it only seemed remotely possible through BS latching onto the kid. I have no worries about Oliver ever being interested that way with Evil Laurell.  Still, part of me is intrigued by confirmation that E1 had an evil streak as well.

Yeah I did put it out there into the world, oops. (!) Yeah I doubt E1LL would have given it up, unless she was having a meltdown re the situation but hey according to KC's headcannon a meltdown is exactly what lead to E2LL becoming BS (so kid?)  shut up Featherhat. I do think E1LL would have kept it for various reasons and it's unlikely that Oliver will ever have genuine feelings for BS but eh, it's "what's the worst that could happen fanfiction. ;)" 

18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think most of us were shocked Moira didn't swipe William when Ollie died. Can't imagine her not being in contact with two grandkids. 

I was really surprised Samantha never said anything about Moira trying to spend time with the kid or anything. She wasn't 100% heartless in that S2 scene with Samantha, just 85%, and she was doing it out of misguided love for Ollie and cleaning up his mistakes. After he "died" I can't imagine she wasn't at least curious to know about the only part of him left. But that's another thing they barely touched on in S4, how Oliver felt about Moira's involvement in the initial cover up and apparent poisoning of Samantha against him (despite it being her decision to agree, to tell him she miscarried, for which she never apologised). Then again, pod people were in place for this storyline, despite paternity and secrets being a major, major storyline for more than a few characters before then. Sigh. 

602 (Tribute) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts: By day, I lead Star City as its mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow."

602 (Tribute) – Oliver name drops the name of Batman's alter ego:
Oliver (to media reporters): "I'm going to tell you two things, both of which you probably already know. First - this is important - I am not the Green Arrow. Number two. Photos can be doctored. They could've put Bruce Wayne's head on that body. Has Bruce Wayne left Gotham to hang out in Star City recently? No. Now, if I was running around the city during the day and managing it as mayor, while running around at night frightening criminals as a vigilante, that really would make me a superhero. But I'm not. I'm just the mayor. Thank you very much."

602 (Tribute) – Team Arrow discusses Oliver's current dilemma:
Curtis: "At least they caught his good side. Sorry. Not funny."
Dinah: "All right. John said you guys have experience putting this particular genie back in the bottle."
Felicity: "Well, yeah. I mean, John's put on the hood before, but I don't see how that's gonna work now, not with photographic evidence."
Curtis: "What about the Human Target?"
Dinah: "The 'human what now'?"
Curtis: "Best cosplayer ever. He can literally make himself look like someone else?"
Diggle: "Yeah. Chance is out of the country right now, only God knows where. We have to think of a new way of getting out of this."
Dinah: "And if we can't? Because assuming Oliver does not go to prison, he's not gonna be able to do anything with a million eyes on him."
Curtis: "Not to mention that if he's outed - rather, if he stays outed, it won't be much of a leap to the rest of us."
Diggle: "One step at a time."
Felicity: "Okay. First step being, figuring out where this picture came from."

602 (Tribute) – Felicity and Curtis try to figure out a solution; and Felicity learns that Curtis has a secret programming job:
Curtis: "Where's he standing? If we could figure out when and where this was taken, it would give us something to go on."
Felicity: "I wrote an image analysis algorithm, but there's just not very much for the computer to chew on."
Curtis: "Was the original photo taken digitally, or was it taken the old-fashioned way?"
Felicity: "Digital. Printed on standard inkjet stock. Okay. Maybe if we get the file, there might be some metadata on it, and we can figure out who took the photo."
Curtis: "That's a pretty epic 'maybe.'"
Felicity: "Yeah. Well, like you said, if we don't figure this out and fast, we're screwed!"
Curtis: "I did say that, didn't I?"
Felicity: "Yeah, you did."
Curtis: "This could destroy our whole lives."
Felicity: "It's hard to think that, before, my biggest worry was getting a new job. Now, it's about whether or not we'll end up in jail."
Curtis: "I thought you were sitting pretty from your Palmer Tech severance."
Felicity: "Yeah, from, like, a year ago."
Curtis: "What are you gonna do - assuming that we're all not in jail."
Felicity: "I mean, I'd definitely rather go to Iron Heights than work at Tech Village again. That place was horrendous. What about you? I mean, you've been out of a job as long as I have."
Curtis: "Not really. I've been doing some freelance coding in my spare time."
Felicity: "What - what - what spare time?"
Curtis: "Yeah. Tell me about it. Barely any, but I did not take a dime from Paul in the divorce, and a man's got to eat."
Felicity: "So you just had, like, a secret job this whole time? You didn't tell anyone about it?"
Curtis: "I thought we all, like, had, like, secret jobs."
Felicity: "No. 
Curtis: "Except for John maybe. What does he do for money? That's something that's been perplexing me."
Felicity: "He's – he's married to the director of A.R.G.U.S."
Curtis: "Yeah. That's right. She does make a lot of money."

602 (Tribute) – Felicity and Curtis work on tracking down Anatoly:
Felicity: "SQL or Java?"
Curtis: "What?"
Felicity: "In your job as a secret programmer, are you coding in SQL or Java?"
Curtis: "Both, plus a little Swift."
Felicity: "I can't believe you've had a secret job this whole time and you didn't even tell me about it."
Curtis: "Is this relevant to locating the Bratva and/or their hostages?"
Felicity: "I am multitasking, thank you very much, and, yes, if you must know, I am running my image analysis algorithm on the photo of Oliver."
(Computer chimes.)
Curtis: "What? Get something?"
Felicity: "No. Just my algorithm crapping out again."
Curtis: "Don't despair. I think I might have a line on our friend Anatoly. Now, working on the assumption that he hasn't been in town that long, I wondered how he was fixed for cash."
Felicity: "I bet his Bratva buddies are good for it, no?"
Curtis: "Well, he has to pay them somehow. Cash would set off too many alarm bells, plus he'd have to convert it from rubles. Credit cards are way too easy to track, but then there's -"
Felicity: "Cryptocurrency's virtually impossible to track."
Curtis: "For mere mortals. But we're Mr. Terrific and Overwatch."
Felicity: "Overwatch and Mr. Terrific."

602 (Tribute) – Felicity tells Oliver that they've located Anatoly and the four Markovian hostages:
(Oliver and William are riding in a limo.)
William: "But what if -?
(Oliver's cell phone beeps)
Oliver: Hang on. Yeah?"
Felicity (on phone): "It's me - hang on a second."
(Beeping, static sounds.)
Oliver (on phone): "What was that?"
Felicity (on phone): "Had to secure the line. Curtis and I found Anatoly. Russian restaurant owned by a dummy corporation. Thermal satellite reads four bodies in an industrial cooler."
Oliver (on phone): "Is it the hostages?"
Felicity (on phone): "That's what we're thinking."
Oliver (on phone): "Text me the address. I'll be there soon."

602 (Tribute) – After Team Arrow rescues three of the four Markovian hostages, the team works on finding the fourth hostage:
Oliver (over comms): "Overwatch."
Felicity (over comms): "I don't know what happened. Thermal read four warm bodies inside. They must have moved one."
Felicity: "In the least surprising news ever, the Bratva-run restaurant is lacking in security cams.
Dinah: "Oh, you mean Russian mobsters like their privacy?"
Oliver: "So what now"
Felicity: "So now I show you security camera footage from outside the restaurant."
Diggle: "Okay, where's Anatoly going with Tarkov?"
Felicity: "Well, from this feed, it looks like he's headed northeast, but then we lose him right about there."
Curtis: "We could cross-reference our list of Bratva crytpocurrency activities with Bratva-owned properties, see what comes from that direction."
Oliver: "John, Dinah, be prepared to hit whatever location Felicity and Curtis come up with."
Diggle: "Copy that."
Dinah: "What about you?"
Oliver: "I have to meet Quentin and Rene at the FBI. The agent that's doing the investigation wants to interview me."
Felicity: "You have a lawyer for that, right? Or an army of lawyers? That would probably be better. That would work for you if you had an army of them."
Oliver: "I don't want to look like I have anything to hide. Where are we with the photo?"
Curtis: "Oh, I'm doing a recoding of Felicity's analysis algorithm. Should have something working within an hour to 30 days, give or take. (Felicity coughs) Much closer to the hour mark, though."
Oliver: "Thank you. Keep me updated."

602 (Tribute) – Felicity and Curtis figure out how to cure the fourth Markovian hostage's paralysis:
Diggle: "So you got this off Oliver's phone?"
Felicity: "Five minutes ago. Yeah."
Oliver (on phone): "Any clues?"
Felicity: "Wait. Look at this face."
Curtis: "I was trying really hard not to. What is that?"
Felicity: "If we can analyze the facial rash, we might be able to diagnose the poison."
Curtis: "And find the right cure. On it."
Oliver (on phone): "Anatoly said Tarkov has maybe three hours."
Curtis: "Yeah. That sounds about right. Got it! Tetrodotoxin."
Diggle: "That's a neurotoxin."
Curtis: "Yeah. Inhibits the firing of action potentials, preventing the nervous system from carrying messages and muscles from flexing in response to nervous stimulation.'"
Dinah: "I have no idea what you just said, but that doesn't sound good."
Oliver (on phone): "Is there a cure?"
Curtis: "Yeah. They should have something down at Starling General."
Felicity: "That's great. So all we have to do is get it to him before the poison takes over his entire body."
Oliver (on phone): "John."
Diggle: "Starling General. I'm on it."
Dinah: "John, I'm coming with you."

602 (Tribute) – Felicity and Curtis find out something strange about the leaked photo of Oliver as the Green Arrow:
Felicity: "I know Python."
Curtis: "The supervillain?"
Felicity: "No, no, no. The programming language. Look, maybe you could send some of your freelance coding my way."
Curtis: "Look. I think that would be a waste of your prodigious talents, Felicity. You are a - son of a bitch."
Felicity: "Not really a son, Curtis. More of a--"
Curtis: "No, no! Talking about this. I revised your photo analysis algorithm and got back this."
Felicity: "What? That's impossible."
Curtis: "Data analysis doesn't lie, Felicity. Question is, what do we do with it? (Computer beeps) What's that? Come on. No more bombshells. I can't handle any more for the rest of the night."
Felicity: "No. It's not a bombshell, Curtis. It might just be the key to the Bratva's location."

602 (Tribute) – Team Arrow goes to the location where Anatoly and the fourth hostage might be:
Diggle (over comms): "Team's in position."
Oliver (over comms): "You sure this is the place?"
Felicity (over comms): "Whoa! I am so insulted right now!"
Oliver (over comms): "Easy. It's just that an abandoned shipyard doesn't feel like Anatoly's speed."
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah. Well, neither does being a complete jerk. People change. The problem is this place is massive, so I can't pinpoint the location of the hostage even with satellite."
Diggle (to Oliver): "Figure we'll split up. I distributed the antidote so whoever gets to Tarkov first can inject him."
Oliver: "You okay?"
Diggle: "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's do this."

602 (Tribute) – After celebrating their success in figuring out that the leaked Oliver/GA photo had been digitally doctored, Felicity and Curtis decide to go into business together:
Curtis: "Ha, ha."
Felicity: "Nailed it!"
Curtis: "You know, I don't want to sound arrogant, but we may very well be the smartest human beings on the planet."
Felicity: "Oh, well, it's not arrogant if it is accurate."
Curtis: "Heh heh. True that."
Felicity: "And you still find the time to look bummed out. Crazy."
Curtis: "I mean, our photo analysis algorithm was right, right?"
Felicity: "Yes."
Curtis: "The photo of Oliver was doctored, so--"
Felicity: "So what is the problem?"
Curtis: "So who would want to frame Oliver for being the Green Arrow?"
Felicity: "Wow! Way to kill the mood."
Curtis: "Sorry."
Felicity: "No. Listen. That is future 'us' problem. I'm not gonna, like, let you take away my buzz right now. Okay. Present 'us' is only worried about you quitting your nobody-told-about job."
Curtis: "When are you gonna let that go?"
Felicity: "When you go into business with me."
Curtis: "I'm sorry. Go into what with you? Wait. What?"
Felicity: "Okay. Work with me on this. We work so well together. Okay. The photographic analysis algorithm is just one of many in a long list of amazing tech that you and I have collaborated on. Think about all the good we could do, all the cool stuff we could do, all the cool things we could make! Please don't say 'no.'"
Curtis: "Yes!"
Felicity: "Oh, thank God. Good, because I already filed the paperwork."
Curtis: "Ah, man, this is so cool. We'll be like Woz and Jobs, like, back in '76."
Felicity: "Wait. Who's Woz, and who's Jobs?"
Curtis and Felicity (simultaneously): "Shotgun! Jobs!"

Edited by tv echo