Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, look, Guza is making Jason the hero again." It just got tiring.

Oh yeah, that part was annoying. But I was zero percent interested in Sonny's pain because everything leading up to it - including the (super gross and sleazy) affair with Sam and repeatedly getting angry with Carly after he shot her in the head while she was giving birth was just enraging

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I didn't. His character decided to pawn off his mistress's kid for somebody else to raise. He doesn't get to be the chief mourner when he wasn't going to be the primary parent

No, you misunderstood.  I felt a little badly for Mo, the actor.  He had to know that he was playing 2nd fiddle to his buddy Burton.  I loathe Sonny, but I could see Guza taking digs at Mo/Sonny, imo, to puff up Guza's Jason/Burton hard-on.  

And, imo, Burton knew it and enjoyed it.  I have no use for Sonny, but Mo was still okay for me back then.  Stevie B?  I hold a very dim view of him.  Fake as $3.00 bill to me.  

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 3

The continuing adventures of "holy shit, this is more messed up than I remember"

Sonny: You've already made an enemy of me, little girl. And it's gonna cost you.

Carly (to Jason): Thank God you're back, Sonny just threatened me.

Jason: Carly, don't. Carly came to see you, Michael. (to Carly, in a not-nice tone) Didn't you???

• Love 2

There is so much trash in that scene between the three of them. Michael's crying was perfectly timed in Carly's face. And that damn fur coat.

But Sonny by FAR pisses me off. He treated Robin like dirt at the end but KNEW she was right about everything.  Dude, you and Jason DESERVE Carly's crazy. Always did.

• Love 3

lmao at this description for the video:

Michael continues to cry and Jason is still in pain and missing him and once again sits on the floor in tears.

The show probably drew away viewers just because of the constant baby crying, let alone the dumb reason for why we had to listen to recorded baby cries.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAO @ both Jason and Michael. That was straight up unintentional comedy. I love how the audience was supposed to feel the pain of a man who STOLE A CHILD. 

I was rolling at the echoes as Jason sat huddled in the corner.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I was rolling at the echoes as Jason sat huddled in the corner.

Don't worry, Jason, in just a few years, Michael will start ordering hits and later get shot in the head. Good job, good effort.

• Love 4

Carly: I'm gonna get AJ Quartermaine marry me. And I'm gonna live with him. For a little while. And then I'm gonna ruin him

Sonny: (wryly) That I believe.

Too bad you joined her Sonny! I maybe could have liked you. And I didn't like AJ at all. But man, Carly 100% started the feud. I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir, but it really smacks you in the face watching these old episodes.

Oh, and what also smacks you in the face is, instead of Carly's plans of her destroying AJ succeeding, she should have fallen in love with him. That is where the obvious story was.

https://youtu.be/DR67qtnkFgY?t=93

@SlovakPrincess , I think Sarah Brown's Carly might be just as exhausting as LW's. Her Carly is contantly quivering or tearing up or yelling.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly: I'm gonna get AJ Quartermaine marry me. And I'm gonna live with him. For a little while. And then I'm gonna ruin him

Sonny: (wryly) That I believe.

Too bad you joined her Sonny! I maybe could have liked you. And I didn't like AJ at all. But man, Carly 100% started the feud. I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir, but it really smacks you in the face watching these old episodes.

https://youtu.be/DR67qtnkFgY?t=93

Carly started everything, girl. From the beginning! And then used those croc tears and Michael to use Jason. Jason said it all here: "Carly is Michael's mother." That's all she was and that's how she survived there.

I never thought the show should have paired Sonny/Carly. Sonny should have always preached that she was a lying manipulator. I mean, for me, it was funny to see him and Jason tortured, though. Robin warned them.

I think these scenes drive home to me a huge part of the reason why I could never enjoy any incarnation of Carly - she had no actual sense of humor or warmth or ability to poke fun at herself.  SJB's Carly was fascinating to me as a character study of someone who probably had a severe and untreated personality disorder.  But that's about it.  

I would avoid someone like that in real life ... after a certain point, I don't find it entertaining, either.

Same goes for ol' Sonny.  Oh, and Jason, too.  (And probably all of the characters at this point, if I still bothered to watch).

I agree that, if Carly and AJ had really developed into something like the Alan / Monica relationship, maybe Carly would have developed into a character I found fun.

I will say that - because I loathe both Sonny and Carly - I can really enjoy clips of them making each other completely miserable.  Heh.   

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, nilyank said:

SB had more chemistry with Mo than Billy's AJ. Mo had more chemistry with SB than LV's Hannah. 

It was always a no-brainer to me.

I agree. But sometimes story and character should be >>>>> chemistry. This was one of those cases for me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

SB had more chemistry with Mo than Billy's AJ. Mo had more chemistry with SB than LV's Hannah. 

It was always a no-brainer to me.

They really, really did - even in that clip where Carly is laying out this awful plan....I kinda want her and Sonny to make out.

#sorrynotsorry OG!Sonny/Carly4Life

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh, and what also smacks you in the face is, instead of Carly's plans of her destroying AJ succeeding, she should have fallen in love with him. That is where the obvious story was.

And then!

LWCarly and SK!AJ happened!! They had chemistry and timing and history - it was like an amazing confluence of events! and fuckin RC decides to subject us all to FUCKING Cranco instead.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

FFS, You gotta warn me! Franco and Mad World!?!  I almost threw my laptop across the room.

I know, that was harsh and disturbing. But isn't it amazing that it aired on television and was approved by a number of people?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had

That's the jam right there. Probably went multi-platinum first week. Y'all are haters. 

The dreams in which GH is dying are the best I've ever had.

Better.

• Love 1

Thanks for reminding me of that Carly/Jason fight over Alcazar, ulkis, I remember that sick shit. It made me want to put my head through the wall. I have never despised Jason more than that scene and I'm angry again now. This is why I will never miss Steve Burton. He always seemed like he got off on that shit. I know, that's insane, I don't care!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

Thanks for reminding me of that Carly/Jason fight over Alcazar, ulkis, I remember that sick shit. It made me want to put my head through the wall. I have never despised Jason more than that scene and I'm angry again now. This is why I will never miss Steve Burton. He always seemed like he got off on that shit. I know, that's insane, I don't care!

And Guza seemed to enjoy giving him that type of stuff to play.  

4 hours ago, jsbt said:

Go hop on your motorcycle and feel the wind, or whatever the hell Liz and Jason used to do. It'll help!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

"That sounds familiar." -Robin

Wait, Robin went on motorcycle rides too? Jason, you slut!

Warning, I'm about to post a clip of Sonny and Sam:

I'm pretty sure they just directed KeMo to constantly talk in a sultry voice at the time. And she's just sitting in bed saying stuff like "Sooonnyy, you're a good dad." Yeah, can't believe that flopped.

ETA: If I were Sam, I would have run as soon as Michael stared at her and said "why are you touching my daddy's face?" Run.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Wait, Robin went on motorcycle rides too? Jason, you slut!

Oh, yasssss, all the time. "I will never get on the back of another man's motorcycle as long as I live." And she never did. Girl keeps promises unless you steal a baby. She draws a line.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

ETA: If I were Sam, I would have run as soon as Michael stared at her and said "why are you touching my daddy's face?" Run.

Hell, yes, especially because that was Red Menace Mikey who ordered hits and locked people in basements.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm pretty sure they just directed KeMo to constantly talk in a sultry voice at the time.

It still makes me laugh that they tried to say she looked like Brenda, too. KeMo and VM look nothing alike. Both pretty. Still, nothing alike.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

It still makes me laugh that they tried to say she looked like Brenda, too. KeMo and VM look nothing alike. Both pretty. Still, nothing alike.

Well, it would be kinda awkward if someone mentioned that Sonny was sleeping with a Robin look-alike, heh. Although considering he screwed Emily a year and a half later, maybe not.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, it would be kinda awkward if someone mentioned that Sonny was sleeping with a Robin look-alike, heh.

Oh, gah, you just reminded me of that clip I watched recently where Carly insinuated that Sonny and Robin were screwing. Excuse me while I vomit.

Well, this makes sense for Carly's mindset.   She thinks a man won't like a woman unless said woman is either giving them sex or acting like an angel (and thus needing of manly protection).   So she will accuse other women of being a slut or a cloying (and phony) little angel, whichever fits her narrative at the time.

So if Robin isn't acting angelic, she must've switched over to sexy times to keep Sonny's friendship!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

So if Robin isn't acting angelic, she must've switched over to sexy times to keep Sonny's friendship!

I always thought that comment was about Sonny, as well. Like, "Oh, another dude is loyal to that bitch? Were you screwing her, too?" 

I will forever LOL @ Carly saying Jason "picked her." And Sonny was like :O.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, gah, you just reminded me of that clip I watched recently where Carly insinuated that Sonny and Robin were screwing. Excuse me while I vomit.

I don't remember this, and it's clear that's for the better! Eeewww.

28 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't remember this, and it's clear that's for the better! Eeewww.

It was actually interesting that she went there because she usually liked to throw the fact that Robin "couldn't have sex" in everyone's faces.

14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

When did Liz's meal ticket line happen, does anyone remember? Was it relatively soon after the miscarriage or a while afterwards?

Don't recall, but that is one of the only two times I was like "damn, that's harsh - poor Carly!"

Liz was so far beyond out of line with the meal ticket comment.   

(The one other time I felt bad for Carly was Panic Room.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

When did Liz's meal ticket line happen, does anyone remember? Was it relatively soon after the miscarriage or a while afterwards?

Is this it? Carly slaps Liz, at least. If not, then even on the SJB!Carly YouTube channel that scene is a BITCH to find. 

Edited by UYI

Ughhhh, this is when the show wanted to have it both ways:

Carly is kind of badass because she can handle Sonny and Jason's life and is always planning something (unlike that judgmental Robin!) ...

but she's also kind of a faithless gold digger, so the audience should care more about Sonny and Jason's pain over losing a child than Carly's pain (hence, Liz sniping that Sonny was hurt more by the miscarriage than Carly, and all the scenes of poor, poor Jason missing his fake son Michael).

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Ughhhh, this is when the show wanted to have it both ways:

It's also when the show wanted to plop Liz right into Robin's place. Even Carly's dialogue is exactly the same. I saw it the first time, show.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's also when the show wanted to plop Liz right into Robin's place. Even Carly's dialogue is exactly the same. I saw it the first time, show.

Robin's place was never a good fit for her. Liz isn't really a nice person/girl

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Robin's place was never a good fit for her. Liz isn't really a nice person/girl

Fair point.  It took a while for Carly to wear on Robin to the point that Robin would engage in snarky bitch fights with Carly.  

Whereas Liz was never sweetness and light to start with, although she was very nice at certain times (to Emily, with Lucky, etc.)

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1