Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Tin Foil Chefs

As the competition nears its end, the oven mitts come off and the celebrities vie for a spot in the finale. They face a “Worst Cooks” battle inspired by an Iron Chef called Tin Foil Chef in what they consider their toughest challenge yet.

1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

At least the Elgin Animal Shelter got $2500.  Did Viveca's charity get anything?

I think she got that amount when she was first eliminated but I am not sure because I barely pay attention.

My boyfriend watched for the first time and wondered how it was possible that Melissa makes money in comedy.

8 hours ago, Rammchick said:

Does anyone know what it says on the necklace Viveca is shown wearing in her talking heads?  It looks like "Bleach"??  "Blech"??

Blessed. :D

3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

This episode was really obnoxious. I hope they tone it down for the finale.

Golly, what didn't you like?  The incredibly loud, annoying music and sound effects?  Anne's screeching, growling pink flamingo?  Melissa's lame jokes?

How lazy is production to take a show that can be, and has been, lighthearted and fun on its own merits, even occasionally educational, and turn it into an ever-increasingly painfully bad, fourth-rate sitcom.

• Love 4

It's been pretty obvious for weeks that Perez and Melissa were destined for final two IMO.  Bringing people back for "redemption" was a charade but then this whole season has been OTT ridiculous.  If ditsy Melissa suddenly turns into an accomplished cook and wins this thing, I may throw something.

When Melissa took her supposedly hot chicken out of the oven, I noticed that she stood there talking with her hand on the meat thermometer for a short while.  No one can rest their hand on a metal thermometer that just came out of a hot oven.  The producers should pay more attention to stuff like that instead of to their "special effects."

Edited by mlp
Forgot something.
  • Love 5

I actually thought they showed restraint with the editing effects this week - excluding the completely OTT "Aluminum Foil Chef" graphics. (And I didn't notice those because I was too busy being annoyed that it would be "Aluminum Chef"; foil not relevant to the name.)

Also the basic idea of an Iron Chef competition between the recruits is fun, and while there wasn't any formal teaching I thought Anne and Rachel shouting suggestions & corrections wasn't a bad way to learn. Better to learn by improvising and adjusting than to take notes in a book. Unfortunately I don't think any of them had ever seen the show, so the idea that "the other team is commentators" didn't come across all that well.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Drogo said:

Melissa is so adorable, I just love her. 

Really?  Like the poster above I can't believe she makes her money in comedy.  Same for Nora Dunn.  I remember her from Saturday Night Live but if someone didn't tell me it was her I would never have recognized her because she's nothing like the person I remember from the show.  I remember her as being funny.  She's not funny at all now!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Really?  Like the poster above I can't believe she makes her money in comedy.  Same for Nora Dunn.  I remember her from Saturday Night Live but if someone didn't tell me it was her I would never have recognized her because she's nothing like the person I remember from the show.  I remember her as being funny.  She's not funny at all now!

Nora isn't funny to me at all but Melissa cracks me up. Maybe she reminds me of someone. 

• Love 2

I like Nora. To me she's one of the few that seemed really nervous to be on the show so she could be medicated with anxiety meds to calm down. 

I like usually like Melissa. She's trying to hard to be funny and going over the top on this show which is causing me to be really annoyed by her.

The way Perez was kind of excited about having had made a dish his Father used to without ruining it seemed like an actual real moment. It's weird to see him behaving on this show because the last time I remember seeing him on TV was when he did Celebrity Big Brother in the UK. He was an over sized brat who had temper tantrums at a whim.  

After seeing other seasons of this show this one really is bad for the most part though. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

I'd never seen Nora before so I had no idea how her demeanor compared to her usual personality but I sure wouldn't have pegged her as a comedian based upon Worst Cooks.  I liked her voice though.

I have very fond memories of Nora from SNL back in the late 80s/early 90s when the cast was great.  They often paired her with the late, beloved Jan Hooks.  (Please don't get me started on Phil Hartman.  I will never get over his senseless death.  Robin Williams either.)

Anyway, Nora acquitted herself admirably on this trainwreck of a show.

I'll have to go back and watch Fargo again to spot Melissa.  That movie's a hoot and a personal favorite.

• Love 2

I, too, like Melissa.  She has just a brief scene in Fargo-towards the beginning when the hitmen/kidnappers are at a hotel.  Nora was a real snooze for me.  When Anne told her how funny she had been during the competition, I wondered if they just had cut all of her funny scenes or if Anne was scrambling to have something positive to say.

I really didn't like the 'redemption' contest.  Sean just left last week.  If they needed to have a competition among four to ensure that each "mentor" had a contestant for the finale, why not just have skipped this week and used the four from the prior week?  They may have wanted drama, but it was just a waste of time to watch Vivica and Sean make breakfast sandwiches.  

I am glad that Melissa and Perez will be in the finale.

• Love 1