Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: El Gringo Loco

In the Season 2 premiere, Murtaugh follows Riggs down to Mexico, where he plans to avenge his wife's death and finish off Tito Flores. Once back in the States, they have a few people to answer to during the ongoing investigation around Flores, including Murtaugh's family. Meanwhile, Avery is questioned by Internal Affairs about the integrity of his department.

That was fun, as this show tends to be!

Trish looked fantastic in that leather skirt.

Who knew Mexican cartels were so easy to take down? Walk into a funeral pretending you're going to blow the place up and use a recording to turn the cartel members against each other. Brilliant! I wonder why the Federales haven't tried that yet?

I loved the bit about the RPG and how Riggs was disappointed it was just an M-72 LAW rocket, the LAW part standing for Light Anti-tank Weapon. I don't think you'd want to fire an RPG inside of a car.

I'll have to re-watch because I was doing so many other things while it was on, but yay! They're back. I did see Riggs bury his ring in a nice scene. But please, lose the mustache, Riggs. (I know he had it before, but it seemed thicker here, somehow!)

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'll have to re-watch because I was doing so many other things while it was on, but yay! They're back. I did see Riggs bury his ring in a nice scene. But please, lose the mustache, Riggs. (I know he had it before, but it seemed thicker here, somehow!)

And he still hasn’t done anything to his hair. Did you notice that when he first sees someone—Cahill, Trish—he runs his hand through his hair and shakes it, like he has a scratchy scalp? I’m surprised one of the women haven’t yelled, “Wash your damn hair, Riggs!”

8 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Who knew Mexican cartels were so easy to take down? Walk into a funeral pretending you're going to blow the place up and use a recording to turn the cartel members against each other. Brilliant! I wonder why the Federales haven't tried that yet?

Lol.  While I like this show, it isn't exactly realistic, is it?  

I didn't like the stuff with Murtaugh's family at all.  Usually, I like them.

I did like the ring burial at the end.

Yay, they are back! This is a fun show for me.  And we got to see all of Murtaugh's family in the same scene! So much of last season was just one kid, not all 3 together. Damon Wayans is so good with kids! I loved the littlest one giggling when he kissed her.

i agree Riggs' hair drives me crazy too but I can put up with it. 

I watched This Is Us after this and it may be sacrilege to say and maybe it is comparing apples to oranges but I think I prefer Lethal Weapon. 

I watched TIU first because I knew I'd need to laugh afterward - and laugh I did. I've missed these boys so much, including Captain Avery. (Poor Captain Avery, just trying to keep his job and his department out of trouble.) And of course Riggs would pick up on the border patrol guy being innocent because he couldn't give Riggs details on how it "felt" to kill Tito Flores.

I thought the scene at Miranda's grave was very sweet. However, I'm back to side-eyeing Dr. Cahill again. Keep it professional, please. (Let me have my never-ending hope if seeing Lorna Cole someday.)

"Oh, they blew that up, too." LOL. 

I'm so glad this is back.

15 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Aww, my boys are back! <3

I had issues hearing some of the lines, though. I don't know if I'm going deaf or if the boys just weren't enunciating.

I had issues, too. That usually happens with ABC shows, for me. Even with my headphones on, I had trouble hearing at times. 

Great to have the show back! I loved the bit of continuity with Monty still holding a grudge against Murtaugh but allowing Riggs to use the Evidence Room as his very own weaponry, LOL! (I find it particularly amusing as Murtaugh is normally the one with working social skills.)

Avery continues to delight - Kevin Rahm's comic timing is flawless.

1 hour ago, garnetarden said:

I thought the scene at Miranda's grave was very sweet. However, I'm back to side-eyeing Dr. Cahill again. Keep it professional, please. (Let me have my never-ending hope if seeing Lorna Cole someday.)

THIS!

Huh.  So, I was watching the show last year, but then didn't hear anything about it for a while, so I just assumed  it was cancelled because it's a show that I like that airs on Fox.

Then I hear season two started. So, yeah. Watching this episode, now (Thank you Hulu!)

19 hours ago, Anela said:

"Oh, they blew that up, too." LOL. 

I'm so glad this is back.

I had issues, too. That usually happens with ABC shows, for me. Even with my headphones on, I had trouble hearing at times. 

18 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Great to have the show back! I loved the bit of continuity with Monty still holding a grudge against Murtaugh but allowing Riggs to use the Evidence Room as his very own weaponry, LOL! (I find it particularly amusing as Murtaugh is normally the one with working social skills.)

Avery continues to delight - Kevin Rahm's comic timing is flawless.

I loved his little rendition about all the things and places Riggs and Murtaugh have blown up :) I also laughed with Murtaugh, high on morphine, hugged him.

So glad the boys are back!

Love this show, cast chemistry is what makes it fun, same with the original movies.  I still wish Clayne would either grow a full beard/goatee or shave the mustache as it just is not a good look for him.  The hair wouldn't be a much of an issue if he wasn't constantly running his hands through it in every scene. Not sure if it is a specific acting choice or just a bad habit but it is gross.

I have gotten to the point where I watch every single show with subtitles or closed captions on.  I started because my son was born deaf and we started using them so he could watch stuff but now I can't stand watching any program with out them (with the exception of live sports, those I keep off unless watching with my son). Even when i got to the movies, i miss the subtitles.  

I feel sad for him because he used to love going to the movies before he could read but now he refuses to go because they don't have the "words" on the screen and we had nothing but bad experiences attempting to use the assisted devices offered at movie theaters.  I wish they could offer 1 or 2 showings a week and put the subtitles on the screen so the deaf community could enjoy the movies like they do at home since they are all digital projectors now and it would be very easy, but that is WAY off topic.  Sorry. 

Point is I recommend using closed captions whenever possible on most network shows because the audio mixes suck and they are so concerned with getting the action sounds as loud as possible that dialogue is often very hard to make out.

My mom watches everything with closed-captioning. It's helpful, but I find myself reading the lines and I miss what's actually happening on screen as a result. Sometimes I do think of using it on my TV, but I haven't figured out how, heh.

Great episode.  I'm glad the show is back.

In the movies, this was the turning point for Riggs.  With closure on his wife's death, or at least as much as he was going to get, he was "better".  Still nuts, still probably shouldn't have a gun and a badge, but not truly suicidal anymore.  It felt like they had him mention his death wish one or two extra times so that it would mean something when he finally put it behind him.

Events, situations, and characters are different here in the TV series, but they've kept some parallels quite clear.  I don't think we'll see Martin walking on the edges of rooftops, or putting someone's gun to his forehead and scream for him to pull the trigger, anymore.  The second through fourth movies were more fun because Martin was past his death wish.  I know, that's what the whole premise of the first movie was, and part of what made it so good, so different.  But it's time to turn the page.

Not sure this is really going to be the defining turning point. In the flashback episode where Linda meets Riggs for the first time there were some hints that he was pretty much in a dark place. Linda saved him then - now that he has found some closure with her death his pre-Linda might re-surface.

12 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Not sure this is really going to be the defining turning point. In the flashback episode where Linda meets Riggs for the first time there were some hints that he was pretty much in a dark place. Linda saved him then - now that he has found some closure with her death his pre-Linda might re-surface.

Linda? Do you mean Miranda?

I guess that's possible, but I really hope not.  If we have to keep going back to "dark" Riggs and his suicidal thoughts and tendencies, I'll just get tired of it.  Just as you can forget how different the original movie was after watching the others, I'd much rather they let the first season be more or less the equivalent and let that go.  If the show ever makes it to syndication, a first-season episode popping up could still remind us of how truly off-the-hook nuts he was, but dealing with that all the time, like anything else, would become tiresome.