Type keyword(s) to search

S16 Unspoiled Speculation and Discussion (including Previews)

• Start Topic

Did anyone else watching last night get almost a whole extra half hour preview of next week's episode? I'm assuming that qualifies as an extended preview and makes my comment fair game:

The best part of the preview being when both the twins get picked last and third from last.  Then Claire consults with her model about what the mode's fashion sense is she is trying so hard to steer her towards the one look she knows how to sew - the jogger. Yawn. I would've loved it if the model fired back with "Ahhhh no, I hate joggers and I need you to design me anything BUT that tired look."

• Love 2

Yes, I got that preview.  It was funny to see them waiting with great anticipation to be picked.  When Baldie was picked third from last, she was so excited it was almost as though she had been picked first.  

Those two are the total representation of "special snowflakes."  Their design "aesthetic" and skills are mediocre at best, but their parents (whom I assume to be Thurston and Lovey Howell, III) have made them believe that they are amazing.  And T&L apparently have enough money to support them forever, as I can't believe anyone would actually pay for anything we've seen either of them produce.

• Love 4

I just watched this preview. So Shawn is trying to nudge her model/client to let her design something like what she's already wearing. Hahahahaha!! The workroom scenes where Claire is starting to get irritated with Shawn are golden. Honey, learn about boundaries. Your parents should have helped you with this when you were tykes. Please grab a clue  

I have been enjoying the models' input each week. I figure they have had a fair amount of experience with lots of different types of designers and styles, and i bet they are having a blast sharing their input this season. The designers may be able to learn some things from them. I think this challenge will be fun.

From the quickie 1-minute preview at the end of the episode (I didn't get the full preview like others), it appears that "something" happens during this episode.  There are comments that the twin with hair can't seem to create anything without the baldy twin doing it for her (or vice versa - I so dislike the two of them I couldn't be bothered to figure out which is which) and it appears that during the judging, Tim comes forward with some dish.

Which brings me to the "this season" preview where we see Michael become very upset at the runway and walk off, talking about "artistic integrity", Tim Gunn (1) talking directly to the camera about how the "cheating has got to stop" and making comments in the workroom that something "disgusts him"  Now we've seen that the non-twin designers all seem to get along wonderfully and encourage and assist one another and we've see the Twins basically work as a single unit, and from the comments, their constant chatter is a source of annoyance to the others in the workroom.  

So, I'm wondering if the twins aren't the source of the cheating allegations (it would not surprise me).  The only other cheating allegation I can remember in one of the early season when it was still on Bravo and it was discovered that one of the designers had brought pattern books or something.  

• Love 1

My theory on the cheating scandal is that Tim finally finds out (through Michael) that the twins have been doing each other's work all along. It's one thing to help another designer figure something out or do a little pressing or something if you're finished before runway time. It's a whole different thing to have two people working together on every garment and doing parts of each other's work on every challenge. Please, TV gods, let both of the annoying twins get auf'd for cheating.

• Love 5

Please, TV gods, let both of the annoying twins get auf'd for cheating.

We should be so lucky.  They'll probably get a stern talking to (no need to say "the cheating has got to stop" if you are tossing them out on their ears anyway).  I, for one, am hoping that they DON'T get tossed out, because the meltdowns and angst on the next episode would be epic.  

I am looking forward to their incredibly expressive faces during the dress down from Tim, too.

Edited by Yokosmom
  • Love 2

I speculate that Brandon will probably win because his designs are really interesting but he is not. They need filler footage and if keeping us tuned in to see the twins get their comeuppance, so be it.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

I stopped watching for a few seasons (after the wretched Gretchen win), but Aaron's look is possibly the worst I've ever seen. I honestly can't think of a look that was so poorly made. It was falling off the model. And it was ugly.

I'd have chosen Michael's look for the win.

I love the Brothers. So cute.

15 hours ago, Elizabette said:

Yes, minus the twins, this has been my favorite season in many, many years. It's really too bad that the twins are taking away from all of that goodness too. 

It really has been the best season since the show came to Lifetime.  We have a group of interesting and talented designers and even the twins seem organic in their awfulness.

I think a monkey on crack could have come up with something better then what Aaron sent down the runway.

• Love 3

After seeing extended preview, my guess for the cheating is that Shawn wins for a garment that Claire actually made because Shawn kept whining at her for help. 

I don't hate the twins although they are annoying. But I like all the others so I hope none of them are cheaters. 

• Love 2

Speculation: last week, Deyonte kept walking around saying "No one has another bottle of teal dye?" after a large amount of supplies were provided for them. This week, Amy gives Aaron a zipper to use. Makes me wonder if the cheating isn't appropriating the workroom supplies. I don't recall any from the first few episodes. Anyone else?

11 hours ago, justawatcher said:

Speculation: last week, Deyonte kept walking around saying "No one has another bottle of teal dye?" after a large amount of supplies were provided for them. This week, Amy gives Aaron a zipper to use. Makes me wonder if the cheating isn't appropriating the workroom supplies. I don't recall any from the first few episodes. Anyone else?

I don't think that's it. We've seen plenty of prior seasons where designers shared their leftover fabric or notions before, and it's never been a problem. I think the cheating has got to be over the twins doing each other's work. There have been too many interviews with the designers mentioning how Shawn and Claire keep helping each other, that the issue is going to come to a head.

I didn't phrase that well- rather than "appropriating", let me switch that to "hiding or destroying workroom materials that they are not themselves using so that another designed cannot use it"- accidentally cutting a zipper in half, pouring dye down the sink, that kind of thing. I don't know if that is it, but those two pieces really stood out for me as odd things to incorporate each week.

13 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I have wondered this too and have been trying to decide the most satisfying scenario. 

Ooh, there are so many scenarios! Lets hope it involves someone totally deflating the twins. Some kind of Dream Killing scenario!

• Love 1
On 9/15/2017 at 8:30 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I just watched this preview. So Shawn is trying to nudge her model/client to let her design something like what she's already wearing. Hahahahaha!! The workroom scenes where Claire is starting to get irritated with Shawn are golden. Honey, learn about boundaries. Your parents should have helped you with this when you were tykes. Please grab a clue  

I have been enjoying the models' input each week. I figure they have had a fair amount of experience with lots of different types of designers and styles, and i bet they are having a blast sharing their input this season. The designers may be able to learn some things from them. I think this challenge will be fun.

When I saw this scene of the Twin talking about her model's top, I instantly thought that she would ask the model to take her top off so she could use it to make a pattern. But then I realized that neither twin can make patterns and this is why we see variations of the same three "designs" every week: 1. The tulle skirt 2. The side knot shirt 3. The 70s shorts. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, justawatcher said:

I didn't phrase that well- rather than "appropriating", let me switch that to "hiding or destroying workroom materials that they are not themselves using so that another designed cannot use it"- accidentally cutting a zipper in half, pouring dye down the sink, that kind of thing. I don't know if that is it, but those two pieces really stood out for me as odd things to incorporate each week.

I don't think that's the problem.  In the second season, one of the designers would take all the muslin.  She didn't get kicked off.