Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Extraction

raven

Reeling from loss, our heroes regroup. To defeat the Master, they must locate him first. Our heroes devise a new plan to track him through human collaborators, beginning at the blood farm with someone Dutch knows all too well.

.........so maybe Zach dies? *fingers crossed*

• Love 2

Finally, a great episode. Farewell again, Abraham. I loved Quinlan’s eulogy. I am glad Abe asked him to take his head. He knew none of the others could do it.

I loved the squabbling over what to do next. It makes sense that they are lost without Abraham to make them focus. Fucking Desai.

Good to see Gus coming to his senses and getting his crew in shape to fight the master and the strigoi.

Zach continues to be a deluded nutjob. I hope he hasn’t been having sex with the strigoi girl. However, it is good that he is going to be spying for the master. It will make it easier to find him.

Quinlan's comment about Rome being empty like NY was sad.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Sniff!  And so it ends for Abraham Setrakian's time in this war.  Had a feeling he was always destined to die, but it was still sad to watch.  Everyone's reaction to it was great and emotional.  I did find it fitting that when the time come, it was by his own sword by Quinlan.  Fare thee well, Abe.  Can't wait to see David Bradley in other stuff.

Quinlan's eulogy was good and I'm glad that he gave Abe's sword cane to Fet, because Fet really did have that bond with Abe that made him worthy of it.  Speaking of Fet, he's totally getting drawn back in to Dutch.  I wonder if they're endgame (assuming both make it to the end.)

Of course Zach would still be creepy to at girl, even after she was turned.  Hopefully the hug was the most he's ever done, but sadly with Zach, I really wouldn't put anything past him.

RIP, Murphy dude, who may have been working for the bad guys, but at least had the moral conscious to not murder a bunch of pregnant women, despite Desai's orders.  Can't wait to see what in store for that bastard now that he's in their clutches.

Still hoping Roman is on the up and up, but the way he has been acting makes me very concerned about him being in charge of the nuke. 

Show is actually getting good now.  Too bad it took them so long to get it together for its final season.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Finally, a great episode. Farewell again, Abraham. I loved Quinlan’s eulogy. I am glad Abe asked him to take his head. He knew none of the others could do it.

I loved the squabbling over what to do next. It make sense that they are lost without Abraham to make them focus. Fucking Desai.

Good to see Gus coming to his senses and getting his crew in shape to fight the master and the strigoi.

Zach continues to be a deluded nutjob. I hope he hasn’t been having sex with the strigoi girl. However, it is good that he is going to be spying for the master. It will make it easier to find him.

Quinlan's comment about Rome being empty like NY was sad.

Zach can't have sex with her(well, at least vaginal)since  once a person is turned, they lose their genitalia.

28 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Zach can't have sex with her(well, at least vaginal)since  once a person is turned, they lose their genitalia.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten this. It is a relief.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Farewell again, Abraham. I loved Quinlan’s eulogy. I am glad Abe asked him to take his head. He knew none of the others could do it.

I thought the same thing about why Abe asked Quinlan to do it.  Farewell indeed, Abraham, fighting the good fight, badass till the end. 

Quinlan, you were ultra awesome this episode but your nuke plan seems rather vague - what if the Master goes underground or something?  I'd think he'd want to be more precise.  I did get a laugh out of the litany of the ways they failed - stuffed in a box (Master got out because the box wasn't chained); sunlight (it does affect him, just needed more time).  If our heroes had been a bit more on the ball, the series would have ended a while ago.  

I also loved Dutch stabbing Desai in the foot.  He'll crack I bet.

Welcome back to the fold, Gus and company.  Humanity together, everyone.

So Abe said a self sacrifice will be required.  Eph, I'm 1000% sure that means you have to sacrifice Zach.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, raven said:

So Abe said a self sacrifice will be required.  Eph, I'm 1000% sure that means you have to sacrifice Zach.

I was thinking the same. Zach is probably the only one who can lead them to the Master. They have to know that he is spying on them. He isn't the brightest bulb so they just have to follow him back to the Master. Once there, Eph will have to chose between Zach and humanity; maybe set off the bomb or not. 

• Love 2

Man I'm sad that Abraham didn't make it to the end. I really thought they would have some sort of miracle cure for him or that all of the blood thinners he was taking would make an infection impossible. A least I feel satisfied that he got to kill Eichorst before he went. Although I will miss him, I think he got a good enough sendoff.

Having the gang back together is so great and really what the show needed. I'm interested again!  

• Love 4
On 9/4/2017 at 7:12 AM, Johnny Dollar said:

If the final scene of this show isn't Eph cutting off Zach's head I will be very disappointed. 

Me too.  I want that on instant replay.

On 9/5/2017 at 0:03 AM, LIFLA said:

Man I'm sad that Abraham didn't make it to the end. I really thought they would have some sort of miracle cure for him or that all of the blood thinners he was taking would make an infection impossible. A least I feel satisfied that he got to kill Eichorst before he went. Although I will miss him, I think he got a good enough sendoff.

I thought because he had been taking the white, he couldn't be infected. So sad I was wrong. I love that crotchety old man.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Why was there a tanning bed in Desai's office?

I don't think it was in his office. I think it was a perk for the women, for the vitamin D since nuclear winter was blotting out the sun's UV.

3 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Why has The Master been giving Zack the White??

Zack has asthma and I guess he thinks it's better than scrounging around already picked over pharmacies for oral medication or inhalers. It also makes him dependent on the Master which is a plus for the Master.

On 9/5/2017 at 12:03 AM, LIFLA said:

Having the gang back together is so great and really what the show needed. I'm interested again!  

That really would have made more sense, or at least that he would die from over dosing on the blood thinners. It's been established the blood thinners kill the worms, so how they survived in his body makes no sense.