Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Roark Luskin

• Start Topic

Hi.  Of all people, my main inspiration in life is Blue Ivy, Beyoncé's daughter.  I kid you not.

I had no idea a woman could have a name like Roark.  I'd thought it was overwhelmingly a male name.  But in any case, comparing herself to Courtney from China and Sophie from South Pacific might bode well for her, but she'll have to play her cards right first.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Of all people, my main inspiration in life is Blue Ivy, Beyoncé's daughter. 

I'm surprised people are taking that answer seriously. I don't think a single thing she said in that bio was meant to be sincere, lol. She may be a bit of a tryhard, but I kind of like her anyway so far. I wish I hadn't read she was a recruit of Max and (especially) Corinne, but I'll try to put that out of my mind and give her a chance.

• Love 3

I thought her bio came off as trying too hard, but she was one of the only women not to put me to sleep or annoy me in her video.  Hopefully that side of her is the one on the show (I have my doubts however).  Hannah was a Max recruit and I ended up liking her, so we'll see with Roark.

• Love 3

I love her. I didn't think she was trying hard at all. I think she's amusing. I don't need everyone telling me how their dad is the most important  person who ever lived and they are going to win because they are the best at everything ever. She made me smile.

Of course, I am not really looking for a reason to hate these people. They have a whole season to make me hate them. Right now, I am going to look for reasons I should like specific players, instead of reasons why I should hate all of them. 

• Love 6

I have read some of the interviews that have comments from other players. I like the takes she has when asked about them. She discusses what kinds of personalities need to go. Not necessarily which of the current cast needs to be voted out, but what types of players need to be booted early. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I have read some of the interviews that have comments from other players. I like the takes she has when asked about them. She discusses what kinds of personalities need to go. Not necessarily which of the current cast needs to be voted out, but what types of players need to be booted early. 

That's a refreshingly objective point of view.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm just wondering what kind of name Roark is. How would you have even heard of the name to give it to a child? (Just curious)

My cousin got her name after her parents heard it on a loud speaker in the store.  They were having a hard time deciding on one, and they liked the one they overheard (her name is Keylee).  I don’t have kids of my own, but I’ve often been amazed where people come up with their ideas.

I know we didn’t see much of Roark episode one, but I thought it was cute when she said “no way” when her tribe wanted to lift her up to reach the flame for the fire challenge.  I wouldn’t want to be that person, either.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I've come across the name Roark before, though admittedly primarily in romance novels.* I mean, no one in a romance novel is named Joe Brown. They're all named things like Roark or Murphy or Honoria or Cidra. It's Irish. Roark is usually a guy's name when it's a first name, but hey, Survivor Roark seems to be rockin' it just fine. :)

Of course, I'm also the person who named a World of Warcraft character Rionnach. I guess I like Irish names.

*I read other things, too.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

but I thought it was cute when she said “no way” when her tribe wanted to lift her up to reach the flame for the fire challenge.  I wouldn’t want to be that person, either.

Oh, was that why she said that?  I thought someone said, "We're lifting you up, you're smallest" and her "no way" was the typical girly reply like "I'm not that thin and small!"  More of an automatic deflection of a compliment.  

1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Oh, was that why she said that?  I thought someone said, "We're lifting you up, you're smallest" and her "no way" was the typical girly reply like "I'm not that thin and small!"  More of an automatic deflection of a compliment.  

Oh maybe.  I assumed she said it because she didn't want to be the one hoisted up.

Two things made me notice Roark in the edit: her bit of humility, or whatever it was, at being the torchbearer (and being lifted up by her teammates to light the torch certainly makes good winner iconography) and her leading the team from the back, explaining to the two 'maze'-roller people how to successfully do it.  How does this add up to Kim in my gut I don't know, and given how sure I felt about Michelle in MvGX I'm probably wrong, but there it is.

• Love 6

She and Ryan are my current rooting interests, with a bit of Batshit Alan thrown in. Her standing back and observing like that impressed me, too, especially since she didn't get overbearing with it. She seemed to know the right touch to help without being annoying. 

• Love 3

I want to see and hear more from Roark.  If The Healers end up losing a challenge and ending up at Tribal Council, we will probably see more of Roark's strategy and gameplay. Even though we haven't heard much at all from her, I'm still hoping she makes it pretty far. Time will tell I guess.

• Love 3