Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Keep It UnReal

• Start Topic

Both contestants did surprisingly well on Show Me The Music, especially the guy. The only two celebrities I even know were Tony Hale and Gary Cole. I wonder if there was any significance in the episodes being switched - this was supposed to be the RuPaul episode according to very online listing I saw plus my own DVR. Maybe Tara and Adam are right and NBC just has zero interest in this show at this point.

7 hours ago, paigow said:

"Wrecking Ball" is a hard title to mime....

True, but they still did pretty good. I mean, knowing what they were going for made it easier -- duh -- but I think Constance esp did good at miming Miley Cyrus jumping onto a big wrecking ball and hanging on. I don't know how else you'd mime it.

The only two celebrities I even know were Tony Hale and Gary Cole.

I knew everyone but Mike Epps. I think whenever I've seen his name before, I was thinking Omar Epps. Anyway, I wasn't impressed with him. He wasn't a very good player. Also -- not his fault -- but he always looked like he was smelling something bad.

Fun episode. I adore Tony Hale. The story about his daughter was very cute, and I love that the show gave her a gift of a rotary phone.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

True, but they still did pretty good. I mean, knowing what they were going for made it easier -- duh -- but I think Constance esp did good at miming Miley Cyrus jumping onto a big wrecking ball and hanging on. I don't know how else you'd mime it.

I think the only way to really do this would have been to partner up with one person acting as the wrecking ball and the other person to act as the edifice wrecked by the ball. 

9 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I knew everyone but Mike Epps. I think whenever I've seen his name before, I was thinking Omar Epps. Anyway, I wasn't impressed with him. He wasn't a very good player. Also -- not his fault -- but he always looked like he was smelling something bad.

I thought he looked high, but maybe that was just me.

I'm a fan of all of the contestants except for Mike Epps, so it was a fun one for me.  I rolled my eye's at Shiri's shoes, though.  She did really well on them, but why even wear ankle breakers on this type of show?

11 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Fun episode. I adore Tony Hale. The story about his daughter was very cute, and I love that the show gave her a gift of a rotary phone.

Always funny. As a black man my reaction is basically how do you not know Mike Epps. The man has been working steady since the second Friday movie with Ice Cube back in 2001 replacing Chris Tucker. But, we know are black celebs. A lot of the same people end up starring in movies with mostly black casts so you know them well. I wanted to hang my head up against a wall when vivica a fox came up for the name game and a look of who the fuck is that or how do I explain her came up. 

Will Smith's girlfriend in independence day. Cookies older sister on empire. She was in sharknado, kill Bill, why do fools fall in love, two can play that game, booty call, set it off. I could go on and on. It's the black person in me. Been seeing her in movies since I was a kid. 

I would assume they switched the ru Paul episode because it was a better hook for a finale. They did advertise that episode as such even last week.

Forgot to add that Mike Epps always looks high. I don't even think he smokes that much. He just looks that way. Always has. He's playing Richard Pryor in his biopic soon too.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

Yeah.. this was a strange episode to finale out.. on? I wonder how they slotted these episodes-it was always so funny how long ago they filmed these based on either the star contestants looks and/or project they were promoting. I personally thought the episode that aired Tuesday was more finale worthy but I digress.

I watched UnReal so I knew Constance and Shari.

15 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I would assume they switched the ru Paul episode because it was a better hook for a finale. They did advertise that episode as such even last week.

They were wrong.  The RuPaul episode was horrid.

Edited by jhlipton