Type keyword(s) to search

Who's Who in the Zoo: The Animal Kingdom Cast Discussion

• Start Topic

Which is just a fancy-pantsy way of saying if you could use only one word to describe each AK character, which would it be?  I had a harder time with this than I thought because it seems like everyone has a lot of layers...

Smurf:     Savage

Baz:        Opportunistic

Pope:     Damaged

Deron:   Torn

Craig:    Simple

J:            Altered

Nikki:    Doomed

Lena:     Starving

In Episodes 11 and 12. The actress looks like Laura San Giancomo but not quite. I missed both credits and using and search on google or IMDB turned up nothing. Also am I the only person that thinks the character of Nikki is just irritating and should have been written out last season?

Am I the only one who finds Ben Robson's SoCal accent . . . problematic? There's way too much of his natural accent coming through and sometimes it has a bit of an Australian sound to it.

It's a total mess. If I were his dialect coach, I'd make him promise never to tell anyone.

• Love 1

Am I the only one who finds Ben Robson's SoCal accent . . . problematic? There's way too much of his natural accent coming through and sometimes it has a bit of an Australian sound to it.

It's a total mess. If I were his dialect coach, I'd make him promise never to tell anyone.

Agreed.  I, myself, thought he was Australian.  I think he's also the weakest of the actors, although weak on this level is a relative term.

• Love 1

I watch the first show of the new season last night and it starts where it ended last season, Baz being shot and him falling to the ground as he was chasing the shooter. That is the last seen of him in the entire hour show. Reading comments below from last years ending, they all seem to think that he is actually killed. How can that be possible, if the new season's credit cast shows Speedman as the second lead. For Baz to be 'dead', that would mean that Speedman is no longer in the cast, period. I have not read any where that Speedman has left the show or been fired.

Are you sure you were watching Episode 1 of Season 3?  It was titled "The Killing" and Baz was prominently featured in the first 15 minutes or so, with the aftermath of him being rushed to the hospital.

It was announced sometime last year that Scott Speedman was leaving the show to join the cast of "Grey's Anatomy".

• Love 1

To the best of my knowledge, I thought last nights show , june 12th, was the first of the new season. Like I said in my OP, it started with him being shot and falling to the ground and his name is second listed in the credits, with Ellen Barkin, the lead. If he is leaving the show as you say, why would they repeat him being shot again other than to recap the final episode of last seasons, when it ended him getting shot. Are you saying last nights show was the second of this season?

3 hours ago, Novel8 said:

To the best of my knowledge, I thought last nights show , june 12th, was the first of the new season. Like I said in my OP, it started with him being shot and falling to the ground and his name is second listed in the credits, with Ellen Barkin, the lead. If he is leaving the show as you say, why would they repeat him being shot again other than to recap the final episode of last seasons, when it ended him getting shot. Are you saying last nights show was the second of this season?

He was still in the credits because he was in the episode and to change the credits would have been a spoiler for his ultimate fate before the opening act closed his story.

4 hours ago, Novel8 said:

To the best of my knowledge, I thought last nights show , june 12th, was the first of the new season.

The new season actually premiered on May 29 - last night's episode (June 12) was the third episode of the season, and it opened with a flashback to the scene of Baz getting shot, etc. You'll want to see that first episode to see what @Rock73 described in their post.

• Love 1

Wow, i had no idea that there were 2 previous episodes...I have kept looking for its premiere and this weeks was the first time i saw it listed under TNT. I guess i have to catch up via "on Demand"...thanks.

I am really late to the party on this great show; I just got around to watching it the last few weeks via Netflix. 

I'm a huge Felicity fan so please indulge me my need to nerd out for a minute.  Aside from the obvious fact that Scott Speedman played Ben on Felicity, I had to chime in to say that Shawn Hatosy was also on a couple of episodes playing the character of Owen; a nice guy who wants to date Felicity amidst all of her angsty drama with the ever moody Ben.  This probably matters to nobody but me and maybe the 2 other people who watched Felicity, but I just kind of of got a kick out of it when I first tuned in and saw Shawn.

• Love 1
On 6/27/2020 at 12:31 PM, Cementhead said:

I am really late to the party on this great show; I just got around to watching it the last few weeks via Netflix.

Same here!  I just finished binge-watching all seasons and am surprised that this show drew me in and kept me, it is not my usual fare.  The violence has actually given me some pretty frightening dreams, but I kept coming back.  And now, I keep thinking about Pete losing his eye - EWWWW!!  A lot of nuance and detail is lost when binge-watching so it took me several episodes before I figured out who the young woman was in the flashbacks (wasn't even paying attention to the fact that the cars were older and that they were even flashbacks!).

So, I've got it programmed on my dvr now to catch new episodes when they are released.  I would love to see young Smurf grow older in the flashbacks and bring back Ellen Barkin as she does. 

• Love 1

I just found out that there's a remake of the Stephen King novel "Salem's Lot" in production.  That was one of my favorite SK books and the TV movie was very well done - so scary.  Anyhow, the main character of the story is Mike Ryerson and I was pleased to see that Spencer Treat Clark is playing him.

• Love 1

Something interesting. I've been watching Peaky Blinders, just started season 6. Finn Cole has been on it since season 2. This new season they introduced a new character played by James Frecheville who played the original J in the Animal Kingdom movie. I'm kinda hoping the two J's share a scene together. I've only watched the first 2 episodes of season 6 so no clue if they do.