Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Belly of the Beast

xaxat

Fet and Quinlan track a convoy carrying their prized nuclear weapon; Eph and Alex search for clues to uncover the Master's plan for the fate of the human race; a familiar enemy traps Dutch, who encounters an old friend as well.

I can't believe they had the audacity to super size an episode. This whole season has felt like padding.

I have to confess, I didn't pay any attention to the flashback. I have a hard enough time maintaining interest in the present day story.

And the big reveal for the episode was something we have known about for week.

• Love 1

I actually didn't hate this episode, maybe because Setrakian is back! No Zach this week!

I wish Dutch would get her hair out of her face. It's long enough to pull into a ponytail (if she'd start from scratch with the rest of it on her head). Or french braid that shit. It's driving me bananas.

Speaking of hair, Quinlan looked ludicrous in that wig.

• Love 2

At long last, Abe is back!  David Bradley though still gets an easy paycheck as he was pretty much bed-ridden for the entire thing.  Still loved his brief face-off with Eichorst.  But Dutch torching him was even better.  Too bad it looked like some lackeys were putting him out with a fire extinguisher, but hopefully they will get another chance.  Not sure what one I'd prefer to deal Eichorst the final blow.

Normally I would be interested in Quinlan's flashbacks, but it feels weird to bring all this up in the final season.  I guess this woman is somehow going to factor in the big picture?  I believe that was Hannah New, who I know had a prominent role in Black Sales (haven't got a chance to watch that show yet.)

Eph and Alex finally figure out what The Master's grand plan is: using humans as cattle for their blood.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a given. 

If Abe and Dutch do escape, I will be amazed if Desai manages to not get his head ripped off by Eichorst.

This season sucks balls.

Yes, Quinlan in that wig was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.. It's a shame because the actor Rupert Penry-Jones is very handsome.  Quinlan looked better as a strigoi.
I am racking my brain trying to figure out why Eff didn't shoot the turning lady on sight.  His concern for DumbassZack is going to cost him his life.

I truly do not care about Dutch/Eckurst/Abe.  That's a shame because I loved Dutch in prior seasons. 

Echorst thinks he is special - he does not realize that the Master will kill him without a second thought.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

At long last, Abe is back!  David Bradley though still gets an easy paycheck as he was pretty much bed-ridden for the entire thing.  Still loved his brief face-off with Eichorst.  But Dutch torching him was even better.  Too bad it looked like some lackeys were putting him out with a fire extinguisher, but hopefully they will get another chance.  Not sure what one I'd prefer to deal Eichorst the final blow.

Normally I would be interested in Quinlan's flashbacks, but it feels weird to bring all this up in the final season.  I guess this woman is somehow going to factor in the big picture?  I believe that was Hannah New, who I know had a prominent role in Black Sales (haven't got a chance to watch that show yet.)

Eph and Alex finally figure out what The Master's grand plan is: using humans as cattle for their blood.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a given. 

If Abe and Dutch do escape, I will be amazed if Desai manages to not get his head ripped off by Eichorst.

I liked the episode. I didn't mind Quinlan's flashback at all. I thought they already showed what happens to the woman & her child in an earlier season. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Dutch setting Eichorst on fire was perfect. I think Setrakian will be back more prominently in future episodes. I feel really stupid, but I just realized that David Bradley (Setrakian) played Argus Filch in the Harry Potter series. I'm not sure I can look at Setrakian now and not see Filch dancing with his cat!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HollyG said:

I liked the episode. I didn't mind Quinlan's flashback at all. I thought they already showed what happens to the woman & her child in an earlier season. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Dutch setting Eichorst on fire was perfect. I think Setrakian will be back more prominently in future episodes. I feel really stupid, but I just realized that David Bradley (Setrakian) played Argus Filch in the Harry Potter series. I'm not sure I can look at Setrakian now and not see Filch dancing with his cat!

I liked this one better too, apart from THE HAIR. God, that wig rivaled Eph's in the first season. Quinlan is way hotter as a strigoi. Ahem.

I still love Dutch, though it was a bit weird that she got everyone riled up that easily, and that they were able to escape. But I'm glad she and Setrakian are back in business. Eph is doing something, but as much as I love the actor, I'm still bored by his parts of the show. Same with Fet, which makes me sad. But I do love the bromance with him and Quinlan. They need a spinoff.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I liked this one better too, apart from THE HAIR. God, that wig rivaled Eph's in the first season. Quinlan is way hotter as a strigoi. Ahem.

IKR?? That wig hurt my eyes.  I was a kind of bored during the flashback,

I also love Dutch and damn, she was a hero in this one - I loved that she riled everyone up, set Eichorst on fire and got Setrakian out of there. 

I also enjoyed Fet and Quinlan's truck nabbing operation.  See show, you can still be fun!

Eph and friends tramping through the country isn't really holding my interest - he's just NOW realizing the strigoi are using people as cattle?  I keep getting distracted by Alex's perfect eyebrows. 

• Love 1

So the babies are "veal" being drained immediately for Eichorst and the master?  A 'treat' once a month?  hokay 

Great Eph, now the master knows where you are and what you know.  That was reason enough to release the woman.  

And really, you're surprised at concentration camps???

At least Fet and Quin made progress, though I'm wondering what was the purpose of the flashback.

And Dutch was the hero , getting the people to stop acting like sheep.

Edited by Hanahope

Isn't The Master going to turn and/or kill the flashback woman and/or her child?  I figure that's what drives Quinlan more than anything. And why doesn't him drinking from her transfer a worm to her?

3 hours ago, HDJulie said:

Isn't The Master going to turn and/or kill the flashback woman and/or her child?  I figure that's what drives Quinlan more than anything. And why doesn't him drinking from her transfer a worm to her?

I must have interpreted that scene differently. I didn't think he was feeding on her in the traditional Strigoi way.  I saw that as 3-pronged cunnilingus...

4 hours ago, Smitty227 said:

I must have interpreted that scene differently. I didn't think he was feeding on her in the traditional Strigoi way.  I saw that as 3-pronged cunnilingus...

Yeah, she was definitely enjoying it. 

Did anyone else notice the longing looks that Quinlan casts Charlotte's way?  He is probably missing his wife, and watching Fet and Charlotte together is not helping. 

He is also probably not used to women being nice to him or accepting him for who he is.  He must have a very lonely existence. 

The flashbacks are too late, though. Why the last season? 

• Love 1

I thought Quinlan was drinking from her femoral artery.  Anyhow, he mentioned he can't turn anyone.  That's why he couldn't help her brother.  His lady friend is a bit odd.  I thought her devotion to her brother was creepy. 

Why was there a light on in Emily's closet if no one was there?

• Love 1

I watched the episode since the feedback here wasn't bad. I love Fet and Quinlan bromance. I think that Quinlan quite likes Fet. Quinlan's backstory was okay, but I agree that the wig was dreadful. I think that he said early on that the master killed the woman and child. I was glad that Dutch escaped with Abraham, but it seemed unbelievably easy. Eph's story is a drag, but at least we were spared Gus and Creem.

I thought this episode wasn't that bad, but still not great. Eph's story is just boring. He's not really doing anything. It took 5 episodes to 'reveal' what we already knew? Yeah, the strigoi are draining people of their blood and treating them like livestock. Not that shocking. Did they think humans and strigoi were just going to live in peace and harmony?

Did I miss something or am I forgetting something entirely? When that woman with Eph was sick and dying, she said she was going to turn and she didn't want to be released. I thought she said she was dying of radiation poisoning but they suggested she was going to turn if she died. Don't you have to be infected with the worms to turn? or was she infected already?

I really liked Quinlan's flashbacks in previous seasons (and I'm not a fan of flashbacks) but this episode I found them boring. IDK if it was just because this whole season is boring but I didn't care about them at all.

On 8/14/2017 at 8:59 PM, HDJulie said:

Quinlan doesn't have the worms that drive the strigoi transformation.

• Love 4