Type keyword(s) to search

Australian Survivor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, shipmate said:

Episode seven it’s a perfect example of why Australian survivor is so much better than American Survivor!

That tribal was amazing. I don’t like George and his constant creepy smile, but he played that really well.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jsm1125 said:

Was Paige simply bored? Or did she and Sharni not get along more than what was shown? Because that was…wild to me on Paige’s end.

That was so strange to me. It seemed like Paige just made up a story. I liked Paige before, but not any more.

• Like 3

I did not care for Paige, but good lord they sure went out of their way to make her totally unlikeable in her last episode and make her exit extra humiliating. If I was her, I would not be happy with the show. I did watch the end of that immunity again and it's hard to tell, but I actually think she might have been right that Sharni suddenly dropped or at least they dropped together. But whatever happend, Paige's need to tell EVERYONE that Sharni was to blame was really bad form. 

I am actually liking Jordie this time around. He's not really trying to be "The Joker". It's like he knows he can't compete with George, so he's just being himself, which I much prefer. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I did not care for Paige, but good lord they sure went out of their way to make her totally unlikeable in her last episode and make her exit extra humiliating. If I was her, I would not be happy with the show. I did watch the end of that immunity again and it's hard to tell, but I actually think she might have been right that Sharni suddenly dropped or at least they dropped together. But whatever happend, Paige's need to tell EVERYONE that Sharni was to blame was really bad form. 

I am actually liking Jordie this time around. He's not really trying to be "The Joker". It's like he knows he can't compete with George, so he's just being himself, which I much prefer. 

Well, Paige didn’t do exit press, so she’s clearly not happy with the show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/22/2023 at 7:18 PM, Michichick said:

What is with the teams throwing challenges? Seems dumb to me. Save your easy vote outs for the times that you actually lose.

I think it makes sense if your ally on the other tribe is in a lot of danger 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I think it makes sense if your ally on the other tribe is in a lot of danger 

Plus in the most recent example, there were people to vote out who will never work with you and if they make it to merge, will immediately go back to their original tribe.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, shipmate said:

Episode 13 results were hard to watch. Shonee and Liz should be listening to George about flick. 

I agree, especially for Shonee. Liz least in theory has other options in Nina, David and Sam.

I don’t think getting rid of Stevie made sense for George, Shonee OR Liz. Where else is Stevie going? He has nobody on the other side!

Flick’s combination of social prowess and her inability to vote correctly has been fascinating to watch over her past season and a half. 

• Like 3

I'm half way through episode 15 - it's hard to keep up!

Matt wanting to call the villains group The Vigilantes was hilarious. Who knew he was such a rascal!

I probably want Shon or Liz to win over George. No doubt George deserves it, but he just gets too TOO extra for me. David had the same command of the game, but was always charming and good humored. 

I hope this is the last time we have to watch Nina play. She is not her mother. Even her mother is not her mother in the AU game. 

• Like 2

With Sam and now Shonee now gone, I think Hayley is in a good position. George and Simon value her, and Nina and Shaun are probably relieved she tried to throw them a lifeline during the Sam vote. 

As ridiculous as this seems, Simon is now the only remaining player who has yet to receive a single vote this season. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Simon continues to have no idea what is going on but somehow blunder his way through! He is almost endearing himself to me. 

For some reasn I always root for Shonee, but she was totally ridiculous getting that tight with Liz and not predicting George would be threatened by that. I mean, they were eating off each other spoons! They were all but picking nits off each other. 

I also don't want George to win. He is good, but he is not the king. He doesn't have the physical game, and, while he can be funny and manipulative, he doesn't have the softer/genuine side of the social skills that make people like you. 

• Like 1

George is playing phenomenally, but I think he’s misreading both Hayley’s subtle chipping away at his game and Liz’s loyalty to him after the Shonee vote. 

The meta part of me is wondering why the others don’t vote out George, if for no other reason than he’s a screen time hog.

While I think that Matt, Gerry and Simon can only win against each other in a Final 2 or 3, I’m intrigued at the other four’s winning potential.

• Like 4

If George makes it to the end, he pretty much deserves to win, but it will depend on how bitter the jury is and whether anyone actually likes him. I don't see the jury giving the win to Jerry, Liz, Matt or Nina over George, but Hayley seems well liked and can make a case, or, they might find a reason to give it to Simon if he can flail his way to the final two. 

• Like 2
On 3/11/2023 at 5:37 PM, TVbitch said:

If George makes it to the end, he pretty much deserves to win, but it will depend on how bitter the jury is and whether anyone actually likes him. I don't see the jury giving the win to Jerry, Liz, Matt or Nina over George, but Hayley seems well liked and can make a case, or, they might find a reason to give it to Simon if he can flail his way to the final two. 

not sure if Jury Villa video is spoiler so in case

Spoiler

when Hayley arrives current jurors talked how they love Simon, and fact he is still alive

• Useful 1

As soon as Jonathon said "things are a little different tonight" before reading the votes, I thought it was going to be an emergency save the producers cooked up at the last minute cuz they thought George might be catching the votes. 

I don’t understand why George’s allies are so loyal to him, when he’s voted out close allies like Shonee and Hayley. They had a golden opportunity to dump him in episode 21, yet they didn’t do it.

• Like 3

I know, why are they are so stupid?!?!  George has been caught making multiple final 3 alliances, voting for allies, and has sent close friends packing, so why the willingness to still do his bidding. Maybe they think he's the goat cuz everybody hates him. Jerry, Matt and Liz better unite immediately. 

I'm bummed Simon went, as I was enjoying his good-natured cluelessness. 

• Like 5

Fucking useless Gerry, all talk and no followthrough.  George is not your coach or mentor, he's your competition.  Simon's trainer worked for him, not against him.

Too bad Simon and Nina didn't vote George, a three way tie would've been amusing.  I suppose a revote would still have ousted Simon.  Oh, well.

• Like 3

I do think the analogy Gerry used was inapplicable to his current situation.

The only thing I can think of for Gerry, Matt and Liz is that they’re hoping it’s a final 3 and that George stands no chance at winning the final immunity challenge. But even then, it’s way too risky. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Michichick said:

I don’t understand why George’s allies are so loyal to him, when he’s voted out close allies like Shonee and Hayley. They had a golden opportunity to dump him in episode 21, yet they didn’t do it.

Stockholm syndrome 🤪

i think George deserves credit for who he kept.   

• LOL 1

Gerry's real education about the game will come when he watches himself being manipulated by his "mentor" on TV.

Will any of these people be stupid enough to take George to the end? Will George finally win immunity when everything is riding on it? Will Gerry get bonked with a coconut and come to his senses? Will I have to put up with Survivor US when all this is over?!  🥹

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I think Matt and Gerry's thinking is that Matt wins the final 3 comp and he takes Gerry to the final two and it's a very possible scenario unless Liz wins final 4 immunity challenge. Either way I think Gerry will be the final two goat.

• Like 1

This season has been fascinating to watch. I’m just sorry it’s almost over, and all I will be left with is the vastly inferior US Survivor. Idols and twists vs interpersonal dynamics, no contest.

I love Shonee, and wish she could have played longer. She comes off as just a good time party girl, but I think she’s much more intelligent and savvy than people give her credit for. I also mourn the early demise of Jordie. Not fond of the whole “Joker” persona, but I think that was mostly foisted upon him by production. He seems like a good guy.

Simon was so much fun. Over the course of the season, in my eyes he went from Cocky Jackass to Sweet, Naive Dumdum to Plucky Underdog. I was really rooting for him at the time he went out. And while I agreed with his final pitch, it was his talk of pawns that did him in. Instead of calling Gerry and Matt pawns (which they are), he should have focused on the fact that George is the one who sees them that way, and is playing them as such. Instead, he phrased it in a way that just insulted them. Not a silver-tongued devil, our Simon.

I also really liked Nina. I liked her the first time she played, so I’m glad she got to prove herself outside the shadow of her mother. She did the best she could with people who are apparently playing for second place.

I don’t understand why everyone has been so reluctant to target George. He is like a cult leader who has mesmerized his followers to stay loyal. Do they not understand that they can’t win against him? Liz seems to have a clue, but Matty and Gerry seem totally bamboozled. (And what’s with this mentor crap, Gerry? It’s a competition, not a self-improvement workshop.)

I feel like I should hate George, but I actually find him completely amusing. I think his talking heads, with all the King talk, are actually tongue in cheek, his way of ramping up the drama for maximum effect. I also think he’s a brilliant strategist, although also lucky, but his main talent seems to be cultivating loyalty. If he gets to the end, he deserves to win.

Everyone seems to be banking on a final two. Did they not see the last season before embarking on this one? I assume this season will also have a final 3, and that George will be among them. I wouldn’t even know who to vote for in a Liz/ Gerry/ Matt final 3. Who’s the best follower? That would be a tossup, and a major disappointment. At this point, I’m definitely pulling for George.

• Like 3

"Flipping on George is a possibility"-Gerry

Seriously, what do you think this game is about.  I liked Gerry's storyline at first surviving the vote out of the tribe, playing with what he was given, but Nina was so right calling them out for just riding the chance to finish second and third to George.  

If George doesn't make it to final 3, not sure i'll be satisfied with any winner, but that's Survivor.  Only one who actually played a bit is probably Matt because he knew he was liked by his old Heroes.  If George makes it to final 3, i think it will be interesting because I think his call on Simon is wrong, but as we know these jury vote can go anywhere. 

• Like 1

I’m surprised Gerry didn’t just do what George told him to do regarding the jury vote, though Gerry still sucks up to George too much. “Are you okay if we don’t vote the same?” Ugh. Praying for Liz to win final immunity, because it’s the only way to break up the Gerry/George/Matt trio.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I’m surprised Gerry didn’t just do what George told him to do regarding the jury vote, though Gerry still sucks up to George too much. “Are you okay if we don’t vote the same?” Ugh. Praying for Liz to win final immunity, because it’s the only way to break up the Gerry/George/Matt trio.

problem is i don't want Liz to win has has been riding the Shonee and George bandwagon.  She was again totally outplayed in last episode. 

Kudos to George to "reverse" and show Gerry, "see i listened to you and voted like you told me", the guy sure knows how to play people.   I still think George is wrong, and Simon votes for him

Edited by Meander
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Meander said:

problem is i don't want Liz to win has has been riding the Shonee and George bandwagon.  She was again totally outplayed in last episode. 

Kudos to George to "reverse" and show Gerry, "see i listened to you and voted like you told me", the guy sure knows how to play people.   I still think George is wrong, and Simon votes for him

George has clearly played the best game, so perversely I don’t want him to win. Hahaha, I make no sense. Agree that Liz has been riding coattails. She should have come for George after the Shonee vote off instead of forgiving George.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
29 minutes ago, Michichick said:

George has clearly played the best game, so perversely I don’t want him to win. Hahaha, I make no sense. Agree that Liz has been riding coattails. She should have come for George after the Shonee vote off instead of forgiving George.

i get it.  in any other incarnation i would be rooting against George, but the other 3 have not even played any aspect of the game.  I didn't even see them try the interpersonal game with any of the jury members.  to me the only one that did anything was Gerry when he was switched-voted. 

something i never expected to think in the first half is i wish Simon was still around. 

• Like 3

If the producers were trying to ensure George sticks around, the "extra vote" prize for the last challenge was clever. The prize couldn't be immunity cuz Matt or Liz would win it and George would go. And then they didn't even announce what the extra vote was for until after the challenge, so, being a suspicious sort, I immediately thought... cuz if George happens to win it, it will be an extra vote for who is voted out tonight and it will be a final 2.  But if anyone else wins, it will be a vote to vote a jury member out and it will be a final 3. This ensures Geroge more chances to stay. I'm just sayin'....

• Like 3

I hate the jury removal twist. I don't get why they used it. Having a final 3 and 8 jurors works just fine. If there is a tie, use the third placer.

I'm kinda meh on all the players that are left in the game. Seeing them bash Simon and say he doesn't deserve being on the jury and how fun it would be to remove him made my blood boil. The guy is no longer in the game, leave him alone ffs.

Glad Shonee was the one removed in the end. She looked really over it and she was on the jury twice before. But seeing Sam or Flick leave would be preferable.

Out of the four, George deserves to win the most but he will be the next on out unless he wins an immunity (unlikely). That leaves us with sour Liz, bland Matt and pawn Gerry... what a dull ending to a great season.

I don't think any of them really did anything impressive... They outlasted everybody but what else? I honestly don't know who I would vote for. I believe Liz will win, but I'm not happy about it.

• Like 2

It’s not his fault, and he’s played phenomenally, but I’m so burnt out on two full seasons of George getting twice as much camera time as the others combined. Having said that, I don’t think a final 3 was put in place specifically to help him this season.  I think the show has wanted a final 3 since All Stars, but Lee quitting (for more than understandable reasons) in AS and Chelsea’s medivac in BvB threw a wrench in those plans.  

As much as I love Shonee, Matt voting her off the jury was the best thing he could do. Though I still don’t know if he can win unless George is out at 4 and Liz totally bombs final tribal council. 

Edited by jsm1125
  • Like 2
56 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

It’s not his fault, and he’s played phenomenally, but I’m so burnt out on two full seasons of George getting twice as much camera time as the others combined.

agree, but this time production might have also faced the issue that the other 3 final-4 brought no good TV at all.  None of them have played any games other than "maybe we should vote George....... nah!" 

Liz has one move all season, forcing George to vote Stevie instead of Flick who was never aligning with them. 

• Like 1

Sigh... called it. That was one of the most boring FTCs I have ever seen. Liz's and Matt's opening statements sounded like they were read from teleprojector (is that the word for it?).

IDK why everybody acted like taking out George was only possible because Liz voted for him. All three players had to vote for him to get him out so I really don't understand why they gave Liz credit for it. It's not like she had to convince the other two to vote him out. At that point it was common sense to cut George.

And the argument that she was planning revenge since the Shonee vote is such a BS. What would she do if George won the final immunity? Stranger things have happened. IMHO she waited too long and I wouldn't give anybody credit for voting out the biggest jury threat at final 4. I do wonder if Matt and Gerry would honor the final 3 deal if Matt won immunity but even they can't be so clueless, no?

Did Nina, Shaun and Flick even get to ask questions? I don't recall, but then it was such a snoozefest I might have dozed off.

Overall it was a great season with awful endgame and even worse winner (sorry Liz). I'm curious about the final confessionals count. Last time I checked it was 1. George with over 140, 2. Simon with over 80, 3. Hayley with over 60. The final 3 didn't even have the amount of confessionals Simon had combined (they were all around 20-30). I would question the edittng but watching the last two episodes made me realize that we were lucky to not hear from Liz, Matt and Gerry very often. It's more interesting to watch a paint dry.

Edited by Asha124
  • Like 3

I actually think both Liz and Matt had really strong opening statements.

Gerry handled final tribal council poorly, but I think he had something of a point when he brought up the huge age difference and lack of commonalities between him and the rest of his tribe. I mean, come on, Ben and Gerry being perpetually on the outs of the OG heroes that had the meat tray alliance plus Paige and Flick running the show? I’m not sure that’s a coincidence. Plus, you’re telling me Ben wasn’t smart or social enough to want to learn more about the others? Having said that, I do like Shaun and know where he was coming from 

• Like 1

I don't like Liz as a person and I disliked Shonee as well who I loved until then when she said "I loved Liz the moment I saw her resting b@#$ face". I mean, how do you love a woman because of her RBF? But that's another story. Anyway, I dislike Liz but I'm proud of her for the way she handled the final tribal council and how she won that last challenge. I mean, the woman is twice an olympian. So all in all I'm happy she won over the other two who were totally useless. Matt could not find ONE thing he did himself. Liz was blindsided by George three times, lost her best ally, survived after a tribe swap, and she wanted to eliminate Matt and then George for a while. It was not the best game out of 24 people but it was the best one out of these 3 people so congrats Liz, you deserve it girl.

• Like 2

If they are going to edit the season to be all about one player, then that player better at least make it to final tribal. No one else really deserved it. Liz made one move ~to save Flick ...who turned on her the VERY NEXT VOTE, just like George said she would. So her one move was a bad move. I also don't give her credit for ousting George, as Matt was equally on board for that.

Liz was still the best of the three, though, in that she won immunity at the right time and is a much better speaker than Matt. I'm guessing that is where her being an Olympian and having to analyze and speak about her performance in invterviews and such came in handy. 

Gerry learned a lot about the game from his mentor George ...about how to be the perfect goat. I wonder if Liz or Matt told the jury that Gerry actually wanted them to vote him out so George could stay! 

The only positive thing about the boring finale is that David remains the real king of Survivor AU. He was equally, if not more, crafty and manipulative as George, won immunities when he needed to, and at the end got all the votes and had the jury laughing at his shenanigans. Take a seat, George! And please, let's not see him again unless it is a true all stars season. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

If they are going to edit the season to be all about one player, then that player better at least make it to final tribal. No one else really deserved it. Liz made one move ~to save Flick ...who turned on her the VERY NEXT VOTE, just like George said she would. So her one move was a bad move. I also don't give her credit for ousting George, as Matt was equally on board for that.

Liz was still the best of the three, though, in that she won immunity at the right time and is a much better speaker than Matt. I'm guessing that is where her being an Olympian and having to analyze and speak about her performance in invterviews and such came in handy. 

Gerry learned a lot about the game from his mentor George ...about how to be the perfect goat. I wonder if Liz or Matt told the jury that Gerry actually wanted them to vote him out so George could stay! 

The only positive thing about the boring finale is that David remains the real king of Survivor AU. He was equally, if not more, crafty and manipulative as George, won immunities when he needed to, and at the end got all the votes and had the jury laughing at his shenanigans. Take a seat, George! And please, let's not see him again unless it is a true all stars season. 

David didn’t get Moana’s vote. 

20 hours ago, TVbitch said:

not sure what else the editors could do.  They did an awesome compelling job with what they were given.  we ended with 3 finalist who just rode their golden tickets to the end. Again the only one who really faced game adversity is Gerry early on.  Liz would have been better doing the idol play to save Flick as a power move than her trademark Pout Face.  

and Matt is a lifeguard.  honesty that's all i know about him. 

• Like 2

“What was your best move?”

Gerry: I’m old.
Matt: Uhhh…

As I expected, this was a disappointing finale with three unworthy prospects. I knew George had no chance unless he won final immunity, and that was beyond unlikely. So of the three finalists, I guess the best won. At least, Liz made (by far) the most convincing argument. I feel like Matt had just as good of a case, but he just didn’t make it. 

I do feel like George played a phenomenal game. To get to F4 with absolutely no physical ability is quite a feat. I think he may go into the hall of fame alongside Cirie, as the best to never win.

• Like 2

I agree the editors probably did the best edit they could, and after looking at what they had, maybe had no choice but to still just go all in on George. I did enjoy the majority of the season. If it had come down to George V Shonee or George V Simon in the finale that would have been much more intriguing, but it is what it is. I do think Shonee dropped the ball. She seemed to be having too much fun with her bestie and took her eye off George. 

• Like 4

For those of you who also watch the professional survivalist competition show "Alone", I see there is now an Australian version that just started!

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 1