Type keyword(s) to search

Hot Bench - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

For a little light entertainment, where no violence, vandalism, or harm to children or animals, you can catch the Battle of the California Blonds, Cassidy and Taylor. Cassidy is suing her very best friend, Taylor, for a number of things including a "hostile work environment." Cassidy attempts to squeeze out tears as she laments how Taylor was her very best friend who was there for Cassidy's "historical, monumental event" when she graduated, just before entering their careers as waitresses. It seems Taylor's new boyfriend, Sage (of course) threw a monkey wrench into this undying friendship when he moved into their shared place and accused Cassidy of stealing their safe, which was the size of a breadbox, kept under their bed and which held tips and things like that. Taylor, who seems a little "out there" is unable to answer questions without requesting the wisdom of Sage, likewise tries to tear up and is as unsuccessful as Cassidy was.

Cassidy recovers 1,100$ for utiity bills but nothing for her discomfort over the hostile environment at the restaurant.

• Love 2

I find it hilarious when a judge has to tell a litigant that everyday disappointments , and things that don't go according to plan, are not basis for a lawsuit.

Having a snit with someone produces an uncomfortable situation, not a hostile work environment.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I find it hilarious when a judge has to tell a litigant that everyday disappointments , and things that don't go according to plan, are not basis for a lawsuit.

For this type, who sees her own graduation as an historical, monumental event, having a tiff and being snubbed at work IS a basis for a lawsuit. Her feelings were hurt! She cried! I pity the Cassidys of the world, when they find out how much can go wrong in life. Maybe she can set up a GoGimmeFund to compensate her for her discomfort.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, patty1h said:

How can a guy whose name is Justice Love Peace be so hateful?  This guy moved in as a sub-letter and decided that he could walk all over the original tenant.  Those kind of people are scary and then you have to jump through hoops to get them out.  I'm glad the judges gave the defendant $5K for having to deal with that creep.

I brought this post up when I saw this article today. How many lowlifes are there calling themselves "Justice Love Peace"?

"Scary" is right. At least Jeremiah Horton, aka Mr. Peace is no longer polluting the atmosphere:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/man-sought-after-2-slain-in-otay-mesa-is-found-dead-mexican-official/2364566/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I was so pissed at yesterdays episode with the 'playful' pitbull biting the delivery dude.  I wanted to bitch slap both defendants repeatedly as they laughed and smirked about their dog biting the delivery guy even after seeing the really nasty hematoma that he received from them not controlling their dog.  Oh, and puncture wounds.  And the judges smiled along with them.  That old fart going on about 'if he (plaintiff) had gone through what I had to go through he wouldn't be here' crap.  How the fuck do you know what HE may have gone through in the past?  Such an ignorant comment.  Hated both of them. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

I was so pissed at yesterdays episode with the 'playful' pitbull biting the delivery dude.  I wanted to bitch slap both defendants repeatedly as they laughed and smirked about their dog biting the delivery guy even after seeing the really nasty hematoma that he received from them not controlling their dog.  Oh, and puncture wounds.  And the judges smiled along with them.  That old fart going on about 'if he (plaintiff) had gone through what I had to go through he wouldn't be here' crap.  How the fuck do you know what HE may have gone through in the past?  Such an ignorant comment.  Hated both of them. 

Cox Cable decided to leave on vacation unexpectedly partway through this episode.  Did the plaintiff win?  How much did he get.

I, too, wanted to smack the defendants.  They said it wasn't "their" dog.  They were babysitting it for their son - and he lived with them.  That doesn't sound like babysitting.  That sounds like he lived there.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

And the judges smiled along with them. 

That pissed me off too, the judges acted like this was "just one of those funny little things that just happen". That was reprehensible on the part of the judges, even to trading laughs with the smirking female defendant who immediately picked up on how to play the judges. Both defendants were blatant liars, and the male was a complete out and out, self centered jerk. I was happy that the plaintiff brought in all of the evidence he needed to get his full award, especially after the judges tried to undermine his claims until he presented irrefutable evidence of everything he claimed.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Cox Cable decided to leave on vacation unexpectedly partway through this episode.  Did the plaintiff win?  How much did he get.

I, too, wanted to smack the defendants.  They said it wasn't "their" dog.  They were babysitting it for their son - and he lived with them.  That doesn't sound like babysitting.  That sounds like he lived there.

He won his full $5k but the judges were so condescending it made me want to puke.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AlleC17 said:

He won his full $5k but the judges were so condescending it made me want to puke.

Me too.  Those injuries were horrendous.   And that male defendant was being a duplicitous dick from the get-go.  They KNEW he was coming and yet didn't put that Pit Bull in another room.  

I really hope after this the pharmacy refused to deliver to them.  

Our repeat yesterday was the return of the disgusting Mr. Oh and that walking turd of a son of his that trashed a couple's $3 million home for a "graduation" party - and then bitched that the plaintiffs were "double dipping."  I only wish the cops had clapped the bracelets on that miserable excuse for a human being after they delivered their lecture on enabling minors to drink.   I've often wondered if a lot of the other parents were on the horn to Daddy Dirtbag when their kids got home that night and I certainly hope AirBnB kicked them off the site after they intentionally signed a contract that they knew they were going to completely disregard.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Today we had a new winner in the "Special SSM" category. Ladies and gents, we had a SSMOTWELVE. She wanted everyone to know it and proudly told the judges. <crickets>

Even Papa couldn't find it in his heart to congratulate her on being the most prolific breeder ever seen here.

Anyway, she of the clown car uterus and her 18 year old boy saw a 13-year old Mercedes somewhere on line. They couldn't buy a newer, cheaper car. Think how the neighours would be envious seeing them tooling around in this status symbol!

The ad says it's in good shape. So Mom gives her son 6,000$ in cash and sends him off with his older brother to get the car. No, of course they didn't bother getting it checked first. Son takes it for a test drive and says here he knows a little about cars. Well, I guess stepping on the gas pedal could be seen as knowing a little. It seems there's an oil leak and it needs some gaskets or something.

Then we find out from Def that the boy has no license, only a learner's permit, yet drove the car home. Mom allows later that maybe it wasn't a very good idea, but she's a SSMO12!!

Mom is suing for all the costs of repairs plus her transportation costs when the car was being fixed.

I was very annoyed that AGAIN the judges start grilling the def who sold Ps the car. He didn't forbid them to test drive it or get it checked out. They chose not to. A 13 year old car is As-Is so maybe the judges just do this to make the case longer? Def got nervous after getting subtle threats from dear Mom-of-a-Dozen -  I know where you live, I know where your mother lives, sending Def a pic taken in front of his mother's house and "you wasn't at work when you said you was. 😂" so she was stalking as well, or getting one of the dozen to do so.

He didn't want to deal with this stress so offered Mom the money back. I would have done the same if I were to sell my car to someone from CL, which I would never do for this very reason. She didn't want to undo the deal. She wants the old car, but wants him to pay for all the repairs, maybe in perpetuity. JA is ready to make him give the money back until she reads the texts where P never replies to that offer, but wants 91$ for registration. She gets nothing, thank goodness. Papa seemed to be fighting a losing battle against sleep during the deliberations.

Just as mom denied her son drove the car alone, she also denies threatening the def. She would never hurt anyone's child! She changes it to "anyone" after she remembers the Def is not a child. She's a SSMO12!

Edited by AngelaHunter
Him and her - not the same.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Today we had a new winner in the "Special SSM" category. Ladies and gents, we had a SSMOTWELVE. She wanted everyone to know it and proudly told the judges. <crickets>

Even Papa couldn't find it in his heart to congratulate her on being the most prolific breeder ever seen here.

Anyway, she of the clown car uterus and her 18 year old boy saw a 13-year old Mercedes somewhere on line. They couldn't buy a newer, cheaper car. Think how the neighours would be envious seeing them tooling around in this status symbol!

The ad says it's in good shape. So Mom gives her son 6,000$ in cash and sends him off with his older brother to get the car. No, of course they didn't bother getting it checked first. Son takes it for a test drive and says here he knows a little about cars. Well, I guess stepping on the gas pedal could be seen as knowing a little. It seems there's an oil leak and it needs some gaskets or something.

Then we find out from Def that the boy has no license, only a learner's permit, yet drove the car home. Mom allows later that maybe it wasn't a very good idea, but she's a SSMO12!!

Mom is suing for all the costs of repairs plus her transportation costs when the car was being fixed.

I was very annoyed that AGAIN the judges start grilling the def who sold Ps the car. He didn't forbid them to test drive it or get it checked out. They chose not to. A 13 year old car is As-Is so maybe the judges just do this to make the case longer? Def got nervous after getting subtle threats from dear Mom-of-a-Dozen -  I know where you live, I know where your mother lives, sending Def a pic taken in front of his mother's house and "you wasn't at work when you said you was. 😂" so she was stalking as well, or getting one of the dozen to do so.

He didn't want to deal with this stress so offered Mom the money back. I would have done the same if I were to sell my car to someone from CL, which I would never do for this very reason. She didn't want to undo the deal. She wants the old car, but wants him to pay for all the repairs, maybe in perpetuity. JA is ready to make him give the money back until she reads the texts where P never replies to that offer, but wants 91$ for registration. She gets nothing, thank goodness. Papa seemed to be fighting a losing battle against sleep during the deliberations.

Just as mom denied her son drove the car alone, she also denies threatening the def. She would never hurt anyone's child! She changes it to "anyone" after she remembers the Def is not a child. She's a SSMO12!

She is a new winner.  If memory serves me correctly, back in April of this year I was flabbergasted that we were entertained by a mother of nine (9).  I remember my flabbergastery (new word) was so intense I could only repeat the word and number 9 several times.

So now we have a SSM of twelve (12).   Names?  At this point I’d be checking the back of cereal boxes for potential names.  Then again, if I planned for twelve I think I’d take the easy way out and just name them after the apostles.  

Sheesh.  How do you keep track of twelve (12)?  My mom got four (4) names mixed up.  I can’t tell you how many times I was called Lisa.  

And the world keeps spinning.  Really fast. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

Then again, if I planned for twelve I think I’d take the easy way out and just name them after the apostles.  

"Planned"? I don't think many of our litigants plan for any of their Blessed Events. It's usually just a case of random boinking between near-strangers and then "I found out I was pregnant." Hey, it happens!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Planned"? I don't think many of our litigants plan for any of their Blessed Events. It's usually just a case of random boinking between near-strangers and then "I found out I was pregnant." Hey, it happens!

What we call boinking the litigants call ”a meaningful relationship”.  This relationship (albeit brief) may or may not end in a tax deduction 9 months later but always ends with a suit to determine who owns the remaining balance on the Rent-A-Center couch and who will “win” the 2001 tagless/uninsured BMW which sits proudly on the street.  

And while this is stellar entertainment the real meat of the show involves a squabble as to whether or not money exchanged between the lovebirds (usually in the neighborhood of 5k) was a loan or a gift.

That’s all I got on this subject. 

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've heard the phrase "I fell pregnant."  Now THAT makes it sound like an accident!!!  LOL.

My favorite expression - and I think we may have heard it at least once if not more on these court shows - is when some vindictive virago smother mother is trying to stand up for her unwilling dumbass son against his baby momma who fell pregnant and wants child support: "She got herself pregnant."

I know some creatures (maybe earthworms? Tribbles for sure!) can accomplish this feat, but as far as know, no human female has succeeded in impregnating herself.

Or maybe dragon mommas have difficulty believing, as I often do, that their wimpy boys simply don't have what it takes to make a baby.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

If we dug deeper, we would probably find out 4 are the SSMO12's actual offspring. Then a few are her sister's kids, a few more are her grandkids, others could be friends of her kids, who got abandoned and wound up with her. 

She has to support them all, so they are her kids. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

If we dug deeper, we would probably find out 4 are the SSMO12's actual offspring. Then a few are her sister's kids, a few more are her grandkids, others could be friends of her kids, who got abandoned and wound up with her. 

She has to support them all, so they are her kids. 

And the godnieces and godnephews.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, PsychoKlown said:

Sheesh.  How do you keep track of twelve (12)?  My mom got four (4) names mixed up.  I can’t tell you how many times I was called Lisa.

I had only TWO kids and still I'd end up calling one of them by one of the dogs' names.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2021 at 11:13 AM, AZChristian said:

Cox Cable decided to leave on vacation unexpectedly partway through this episode. 

Shall we team up and sue Cox Communications?  I've been going through HELL (on top of being sick-ish) trying to transfer stuff from old PC to new PC and Cox going out every few minutes.  One agent says, "Temporary problems in your neighborhood; we're working on it."  We call from a different phone and get, "No, I don't see anything wrong in your neighborhood."

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Shall we team up and sue Cox Communications?  I've been going through HELL (on top of being sick-ish) trying to transfer stuff from old PC to new PC and Cox going out every few minutes.  One agent says, "Temporary problems in your neighborhood; we're working on it."  We call from a different phone and get, "No, I don't see anything wrong in your neighborhood."

Did you miss the episode about the woman who developed a British accent because of multiple sclerosis?

On 11/14/2019 at 6:51 AM, Carolina Girl said:

I don't believe that scammer in the "continuation" case has MS or any other disease.  HPV is not cancer; it is implicated in CERVICAL cancer but she didn't say she had that.  Apparently she didn't do enough research to scam people on the "I had cancer" sympathy ploy to realize HPV is a condition and not the form of cancer itself.

And I'm sure she researched what symptoms and manifests of MS that she could reasonbly replicate in court.  I did notice that her accent wasn't even convincing.  First it was soft British and then got to be almost Cockney.  Like "My Fair Lady" in reverse.  Loved the tears, bitch.  Nice touch.  

And doesn't bring a SINGLE piece of evidence supporting her MS claims.  

And frankly, Judge Corriero, go fuck yourself.  You're being nasty to parties that don't deserve it.  In the airplane ticket case, you're asking him to produce records from TWO.YEARS.AGO.  And you screech at him "WHERE's ROBIN??"  Uh, had you even been paying attention, ROBIN doesn't work for him anymore.  He can't compel her to show up.   I feel for the plaintiff, but she produced absolutely NO proof that the airline blamed the travel agent for the flight cancellation.  And all the travel agent said in his answer is that maybe she misinterpreted what the airline said or maybe she missed her flight and wanted to blame someone else.  It's his defense.  For which you yelled and snotted at him.  He isn't smearing the lady.  And his agency DID get her replacement tickets.  

Get rid of this clown.  

i saw the repeat today. I'm skeptical as well. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Alexis R. said:

Did you miss the episode about the woman who developed a British accent because of multiple sclerosis?

That was a repeat on Hot Bench.  She's from Greece. "Which island?" JDiM shoots at her. "Umm." Ms. Scammer casts about her mind to think of one. She did it pretty quickly though. "Simos!"

Of course, she is used to making up lies and excuses on the fly, so has developed quite a talent for it.

• Love 6
On 6/9/2021 at 10:46 PM, TVMovieBuff said:

Anything is possible, but I think if that were the case, she would have added it for the sympathy/admiration/martyr factor.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

That was a repeat on Hot Bench.  She's from Greece. "Which island?" JDiM shoots at her. "Umm." Ms. Scammer casts about her mind to think of one. She did it pretty quickly though. "Simos!"

Of course, she is used to making up lies and excuses on the fly, so has developed quite a talent for it.

You would think that if your allegation on your cross-complaint is that the cross-defendant/plaintiffs are alleging you're lying about your diagnosis, the top piece of paper on my evidence stack would be the my most recent medical record.  Watching it the second time, I wish Judges Acker or DiMango had asked her what medications she was taking for it.  Then I would have asked her what year she came to the United States.  

Oh and dummy - there is no Greek Island "Simos" - it's SAMOS. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Watching it the second time, I wish Judges Acker or DiMango had asked her what medications she was taking for it.  Then I would have asked her what year she came to the United States.

For someone like her, whose entire life is based on lies used to scam, she'd probably have a quick answer for that too. But I have to question one of the plaintiffs -not the model - who would collect 2700 or so dollars and send it off to some flim-flam artist on FB. Really? The naivety we see on these court shows is shocking.

(and of course it was a repeat on Hot Bench. This is the Hot Bench forum. Duh me!)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Alexis R. said:

I saw it (again) ... and wish those 144 (or whatever the number) other scammed individuals would come forward--either here or on HOT BENCH!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I had only TWO kids and still I'd end up calling one of them by one of the dogs' names.

Names I called out (my boys are in their 50s):  Groovy, Wrinkles, Lola, Tapper, River, etc.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Yes, she has lost a bit of weight since this photo.

No real tweets since 2017.   Does she document her "struggle" on Facebook instead?  

If you ever wonder how people get scammed by people like her, notice how Judge Mike became so sympathetic to her.....yeah, she told a great woe is me story with no backup whatsoever.  Oh and according to her Twitter bio, she is also an "EMS Dispatcher."  I'd love to ask the EMS teams if she speaks to them in a British accent.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

notice how Judge Mike became so sympathetic to her....

Yes, but Papa would have been sympathetic to Bonnie Parker and maybe even to Clyde too. He sees himself as some Sir Galahad to all poor, manipulated and innocent little females who don't understand what they're doing. THEY could never be conniving or evil scammers or out-and-out criminals, right? Poor little ladies were probably just led astray.

He argued to the other two that a grown woman who chose to trade sex for cigarettes and other sundries with some dirty old man was "just a child!" Yes, Papa, I now see anyone young as a child too, but I understand that chronologically they are adults and making their own calculated choices.

• Love 3

Just have to comment on P, who was willing to give 40,000$ to some unknown character on FB for a 1964 Chevy Impala convertible because it's her "dream car" (sight unseen) and so her daughters "could feel the wind blowing their hair" was amazing. Def took her 2K deposit, said he needed to fix a few minor things on the car, never gave her the car and claims tthe deposit was non-refundable, even though he broke the agreement. He says he never heard anything else from P and later sold the car for 68K to someone whose name he doesn't know and who, for some reason, registered the car in Def's name. Even Papa Mike didn't buy that.

The smirk never left scammer Def's face. Maybe he thought wearing a neck brace here would get him some sympathy. It did not.

Why do so many feel that anyone peddling stuff on FB or CL is above reproach and totally honest? It seems to be prime hunting grounds for scammers to easily find new marks.

• Love 2
On 6/11/2021 at 10:01 AM, Back Atcha said:

I saw it (again) ... and wish those 144 (or whatever the number) other scammed individuals would come forward--either here or on HOT BENCH!

I recently binge watched all the Hot Bench episodes I had taped and I cannot believe how unlikable the participants have been lately, or at least throughout 2020/21. So many times I'm gaping at the TV because these people are disgusting, and oblivious to the harm their actions have on others.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2021 at 6:49 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Anything is possible, but I think if that were the case, she would have added it for the sympathy/admiration/martyr factor.

I wonder how much social assistance money one would receive for 12 children, especially a single mother? 

• Love 1

Today's pavers case was interesting. I was glad with the verdict, I couldn't stand the plaintiff. He is a pompous, entitled, narcissist who showed a complete lack of basic respect towards the defendant. Anybody who, regarding a modest landscaping job, repeatedly referred to "the totality of the experience" is a jerk. Even after the case was decided against him, he uses the hallterview to lecture the defendant about how he should behave, and that this was all about principle, and that he hoped the defendant has learned his lessons from the case. The person who didn't learn a damned thing from the case was the plaintiff. I would love to know what he does for a living.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

, I couldn't stand the plaintiff. He is a pompous, entitled, narcissist who showed a complete lack of basic respect towards the defendant.

I'm looking forward to that. I love contract cases, especially when they involve pompous and entitled idiots.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I couldn't stand the plaintiff.

Finally saw this. Plaintiff was unbelievable. Not only pompous, but a penny pinching cheapskate. He refused to pay the extra 15$ to have def (who was also annoying with his inability to STFU for one second and his 'I object' which, okay, was maybe funny the first time but not the 5th or 6th time) drive to the building materials place, order, wait for, and transport the stuff to P's house. Yes, he would get a discount on the materials as he is a contractor and keep the difference, but he's allowed to make a profit as he's not running a charitible operation. Did P expect D to sit around doing nothing while waiting for the materials to arrive? Cheap out on the 15$ and pay a whole bunch extra to whichever landscaper he hired after firing D.

"The totality of the experience" was hilarious, when we see he's referring to some pavers around a couple of trees on his city lot and some crushed stones. We're not talking recreation of  the gardens of Versailles here.

• Love 3

Today's case of the contractor who worked for a company that went out of business.

He asked the plaintiffs for $2,500 (in a check made out to HIM) so he could get his license and insurance to take over the contract.

They gave him the check.  He didn't get his license.

WHY did this require even one more second of deliberation?  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Today's case of the contractor who worked for a company that went out of business.

He asked the plaintiffs for $2,500 (in a check made out to HIM) so he could get his license and insurance to take over the contract.

They gave him the check.  He didn't get his license.

WHY did this require even one more second of deliberation?  

Okay I'm not the only one that went "what the HELL is the problem with the two of you? (Acker seemed to get the picture right away)"  He asked for $2500 for the license.  He didn't get the license (not enough money?) and continued the job under FALSE pretenses.  My guess is that the plaintiffs have a separate action in another court against his substandard work and his failure to advise that he was unlicensed.  They didn't know he'd SUPPOSEDLY put the money back into the project, and I'm not so damn sure he did.

And sorry, DiMango and Corrierro - it WAS fraud.  He took the money for a specific purpose.  Did not use the money for that purpose and did not inform the plaintiffs that the license had not been obtained PER THEIR AGREEMENT.  That is fraud.  

• Love 5

Sadly, I didn't get any of those episodes. I got an infomercial for generators instead.

Today's case was a woman who was awarded 100K for being hit by truck. She was "vulnerable" after that so sought out some hustler from somewhere, told him about the 100K, and immediately started showering him with money to the tune of 19K. He first needed 6K to replace the money he stole accidentally took  from his daughter's SS money and accidentally spent. He paid back 13K. Now that the big romance is over, P wants the remaining 6K he still owes her. He stands there lying like a rug, when there is not only a promissory note signed by him but texts where he admits he owes the money. OH, and according to him they were just buddies and never in a relationship. 

When confronted with the evidence, he just hangs his head, realizing he's busted. Duh. I think this must be some kind of record for desperate women? I don't recall any other sums this large being thrown at some scamming loser Lover Boy after ONE MONTH.

Then we had the couple suing the def for smashing their parked van to bits. He was driving with no license, in a car he says he knew had mechanical problems. He says he was going 20mph. I thought at first he must have been driving a tank since he pushed the van up over the curb, turned it completely around and it ended up on the P's lawn. He also claims the P car was parked in a "Red Zone" therefore it was not his fault he sent it into orbit. The photos prove otherwise. The P's had tools, a child's car seat and other property in the van that was all destroyed as well and they have photos to prove it.

I was kind of annoyed when JA tells DEF that she feels so sorry for him, but apparently not for the the Ps who were in their house minding their own business when uninsured D - who must have been driving at warp speed on this residential street - smashed their property. The other two decide to give Ps everything they are asking for - 2200$ I believe, subtracting 20% because their van was a salvaged vehicle. JA wishes the def. well, but not the plaintiffs. In the hall Def states that it wasn't his fault. Of course not.

• Love 1

Who watched the wide-eyed, soft-spoken, polite, sweetly smiling little viper being sued by her ex-boyfriend? He bought her a car for 8K and wants to be paid back. He also paid her rent, utility bills, etc etc but is not suing for those.

He abused her all the time, but it was only after the last episode she decided she couldn't take his abuse any longer. When he picked her up out of her bed and maybe hurled her across the room or something after he "found something he didn't like" on her phone, that was it! No, she never called the cops or press charges all the other times he did horrible things to her. She didn't call them this time either, just went to the police station later to file a report. No police ever questioned plaintiff since D had no injuries of any kind. She had him buy her the car after that traumatic event. "It was a gift. He was trying to win me back but it didn't work," she says, more wide-eyed than ever.

I'm having trouble believing P picked up D and did anything, since he received a large settlement after breaking his back at work.

The only one who really questioned her was JDiM, wanting to know why any woman who suffered all this abuse from the violent P would then take a car from him? "You're right. That was my mistake", the little weasel says, as she smiles sweetly again, because it's normal to take large amounts of money from someone who has been so cruel to us. JA went very easy on her, saying that maybe her actions were understandable for someone suffering domestic abuse. Yeah, right. Even Papa couldn't find in her favour. There was also a promissory note from her, which she denies signing. P was clear, concise, and credible and gets 5K.

The surrogate yesterday who rents out her uterus and has dropped 13 babies in the last 18 years? I have a lot to say about that but I won't.

• Love 4

When is As Is Not As Is? That law seems very subjective on this show.

Just have to mention how annoying the case of the Volvo was. P, SSMO3, buys a Volvo from the shifty, oily def who kind of sells used cars he gets from other people. The KBB value of the car is 8K and SSM gets it for 4K. I guess she thought she was getting it half-priced from a really dumb seller.

Next day the check engine light comes on, so she takes it to a mechanic - something she never thought of doing before buying it or didn't want to pay 100-odd dollars. She says the Def turned off the check engine light to hoodwink her although she has not one iota of proof of this.

She texxes seller and he says the car just needs to "reset" after sitting for who knows how long. But ooops, it's the "Cadillac converter" which she insisted on calling it even after JA corrected her. All her expenses come to nearly 3K. JA points out that even with that, she was still getting a 1K discount under book value so was coming out ahead. Not good enough. Tears trickle and flow with "I have children! I have three children!" which seems to be the go-to excuse for just about anything these days.

JDiM and Papa feel so sorry for her and decide to give her back all the money she spent on repairing this car which she chose to buy "AS IS" without having it looked at. Her warranty was the seller telling her "It's in good condition" and she trusted him even though she never met him before. She's just a little single mother who doesn't understand all this, never thought of asking for a smog certificate, service record or anything at all in writing so other people should understand her situation and act accordingly.

JA was right - that it's up to the buyer to find out what they are buying - and she should not have recovered all that money.  I think their hatred of the evasive, smirking, slick Def coloured the decision for the other two.

• Love 2

I never saw today's offering. Ms Delatorres, a great big middleaged woman, searched dating sites for true love and found Mr. Flores.

During their month-long courtship, which seems to have flourished in various fast-food restaurants and even one upscale date at Starbucks, Mr Flores informed his new ladylove he was in need of - what else? - money. *sigh* Of course, she promptly gives him a total of 1500$ dollars since it seems that "Casanova" Flores can't take care of his own bills.

When asked why she would give all this money to a virtual stranger she trolled on a skeevy dating site immediately, Ms Delatorres bursts into sobs, whips out a Kleenex and exclaims, "I fell in LOVE with him!" Poor little naive hothouse flower is she, swept off her feet by her dashing Romeo. Looking at Def Flores, I can certainly understand that. Papa Mike starts with the "He took advantage of you, didn't he?" nonsense and I couldn't continue with this.

It's just another run-of-the-mill case of a terminally desperate women who thinks, "If I give him enough money surely he will declare undying love for me, propose and we'll live happily ever after" Funny how that never seems to work out. If someone like Mr. Torres - ugly, overweight and a brokeass loser can make a career by posting on dating sites and eke out a living from women who will degrade themselves for a Starbucks "date" there is no hope.

ETA Watched the rest. It kept getting funnier or more ridiculous according to POV.

Ms Delatorre turned the tears off and on with the speed of a faucet and stands there laughing as JDiM reams out Loverboy. Why? It was worse than I thought. She showered him with money and constant, CONSTANT texteses every day, with  many repetitions of "I love you" , after TWO dates at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever. He says they weren't dating. He doesn't know what they were doing. <shrug> Some of his texts inform her he will be incommunicado for 5 days, 2 days etc. which as DiM notes, would put any woman with half a brain on notice that he has another desperate woman on the hook. That, and the fact that he refused to tell her where he lived.

I was sorry the judges decided in the end that she is a just a poor little lady taken advantage of by a smooth and scheming potato-headed Lothario who stole her heart, and they gave her the 1500$. Good lord. How old does one have to be to be held responsible for one's own actions?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

Oh my God....today brought a repeat of the walking turd that dumped her little 2-year-old on her so-called best friend for 7 days a week, 8 hours a day, from July to December, and then fled town without paying her a cent.  She kept saying "we were friends, I thought she'd understaaaaaaaaaaaaand."  The judges could not get through that mound of shit occupying the space between her ears to make her realize she owed the money and should have paid her.  She really didn't believe the plaintiff was owed any money because she was in such "dire straits."  

She and her likewise deadbeat husband fled the state in March and moved in with his mother, who is now babysitting free of charge.  It would not surprise me that they ran out of the state just ahead of the creditors and probably were months behind on rent as well.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh my God....today brought a repeat of the walking turd that dumped her little 2-year-old on her so-called best friend for 7 days a week, 8 hours a day, from July to December, and then fled town without paying her a cent.  She kept saying "we were friends, I thought she'd understaaaaaaaaaaaaand." 

The most distressing part is that the walking turd pile and her co-turd are capable of breeding. Poor, poor child.

How about the black Prius case? Yes, if I saw someone opening the door of a car that looks like mine, I would automatically charge and attack them like a wild beast, and then have a major attitude about it and give my rehearsed, smartass speech here. He only halted the attack because he got bored beating on P.  812$ in compensation? What a joke. I was glad the judges awarded P 5K, so the asshole D got none of the pot.

Funny, but just a few weeks ago I tried to open the car door of a car I thought was mine in a parking lot. I guess I'm lucky the owner wasn't there, if he were like this def. I'd have ended up in the hospital.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Funny, but just a few weeks ago I tried to open the car door of a car I thought was mine in a parking lot. I guess I'm lucky the owner wasn't there, if he were like this def. I'd have ended up in the hospital.

Taking to Small Talk.

Oops.  Never mind, there's no Small Talk for this, so I'll just say it here:

Same here.  I once (back in the 90's) borrowed my MIL's Subaru and drove it to run errands.  Coming out of the pharmacy, I went to her car and got in.  The key unlocked the door, and fit in the ignition, but the engine wouldn't turn over.  Then I saw a man running up to the car.  "Ma'am!  You're in the wrong car!  That's my car.  Your car is right there."  He pointed to my right.  Yep two red Subarus were parked next to each other.  But as I was getting out of his car, I realized that the other Subaru also wasn't the right car.  Turning the other way, I found my MIL's actual car on my right.  Yep, there were three Subaru's all parked in a row.  Same make, model, and color.  I'd fixated on the first one I saw and tried to drive it home.  

Anyway, once I got in the correct car and got the engine to start, I noticed the man who told me I was in his car was approached by the owner of the third red Subaru wanting to know why he was in their car.  I kind of wished I'd hung around to see if he was in fact in his own car or someone else's.

Edited by Zahdii
  • LOL 3

After watching this show for a while now, I really notice there is a "group think" going on, if one of them doesn't like someone's attitude the others feed off of that and go after the person in the same way.  "Don't talk to me that way" etc.  As with most of these shows, I feel like these three decide who they like better and sway the decision in that person(s) favor. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Funny, but just a few weeks ago I tried to open the car door of a car I thought was mine in a parking lot.

I did that too - I chalked it up to a real senior moment, since the car I was attempting to unlock with my Smart Key was a red Honda and I own a red Hyundai.  Never occurred to me to be beaten within an inch of my life.

The worst thing about the defendant in that case was that he kept acting like HE was the victim.  "I paid what the court ordered me to."  Yeah, scumbag, you physically attack and beat up a guy and $800 should cover it.  Hell no - he should have sued him in the Superior Court of limited jurisdiction and asked for $25,000.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Hell no - he should have sued him in the Superior Court of limited jurisdiction and asked for $25,000.  

Even if he got that judgment he never would have seen one penny of it, despite the D bragging about much money he has. At least here he got 5K and the despicable D got a public spanking, not that any of it penetrated his dome.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Even if he got that judgment he never would have seen one penny of it, despite the D bragging about much money he has. At least here he got 5K and the despicable D got a public spanking, not that any of it penetrated his dome.

Sadly, this is true.  

• Love 2