Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Blood for Blood

Abe's strategy to rescue Caleb takes a deadly turn; Anna must make a burdensome decision; Benedict Arnold has suspicions that Peggy is harboring a secret, which she is keeping from him.

Wow. I thought it was one of the best episodes of the series. I fully figured the judge was going down. I mean, why else the quickie redemption arc? But even so, those scenes during the exchange gone wrong were so tense -- I was on the edge of my seat, anxious, the whole time. And to be intercut with Simcoe scattering the billiards/pool balls. Intense. 

The opening and closing scenes were such perfect, poignant bookends, and I've loved that song at the end since they first used it in episode 3.03. It's a shame AMC's probably too cheap to ever put out a soundtrack to the series. The music has been stellar.

• Love 5

Very tense episode even though I didn't expect any of the 3 (Abe, Ben, Caleb) to get hurt. RIP, Judge W.

I'm glad Arnold figured out that Philomena was innocent. 

Ok, so Anna's scenes from last week do have a point. She will prob end up saving the Revolution by making sure the soldiers get paid. I didn't know she was still in touch with Selah. I thought they'd quarreled when she almost married another man. Those things tend to strain a marriage. Lol.

• Love 4

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought Selah was long gone.  I may be partly to blame since I only half watched last season.  And I have been FF'g through any Simcoe scenes, so I am sure I have missed details and plot points.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

And I have been FF'g through any Simcoe scenes...

Moi aussi. 

I found myself shedding a tear for the Judge...mostly for Abe. When he closed his dead father's eyes...and then took his hand at the end of the episode-I was moved. Jamie Bell was phenomenal this episode. 

And so the return of Selah is imminent. That should be interesting. 

Edited by Kata01
  • Love 3

Wow. There's so much I want to say about season 4 so far. I was really hoping to see Major Hewlett and Robert Rodgers this season. It looks like we may see Hewlett in some capacity, but I really love his character so much I was hoping for a nice story and a happy ending for him. 

Poor Caleb, those torture scenes were hard to watch. I'm sure his time with Simcoe will deeply affect him. Which is too bad, because I love his fun loving and carefree nature. 

I have never liked Judge Woodhull which is a credit to Kevin McNally who has done a wonderful job playing the Judge. Every week I've wanted to smack him, it was so hard to forgive him when he ratted out Abe to Hewlett. He's so good at playing both sides, but now that he's finally come around-- he gets killed off! The only consolation is that it will probably light a fire under Abe's butt to finish the fight!

• Love 2

One thing I like about Turn is that it shows that the war wasn't all about red coats and blue coats marching on open fields and trading volleys.  In the prisoner exchange gone wrong, Akinbode definitely gets MVP (Bonus points for it being Simcoe's plan that got screwed up).Hopefully he can use the ransom money to set up a nice life for himself and Abigail in Canada.

• Love 8
On 6/25/2017 at 10:25 PM, enoughcats said:

Does anyone recognize the mill that was so prominently used in this episode?  I would have though Mabry Mill up in the Blue Ridge, but there's no pond nearby (or I missed seeing it ).

Stratford Hall, Westmoreland

This article details a bit about the filming at this site. It really was a great setting. The beach, as well, this time, was a great stand in for the LI shore.

It was good to see Abe, Ben, and Caleb sharing scenes. I always love seeing more than the usual members of the ring interacting -- the characters and actors have such great chemistry.  I only hope we get to see them all together in better circumstances as the season progresses.

And pregnant Peggy. We'll see where that leads.

• Love 1

Ah they did such a nice job redeeming the Judge to have him killed like that sucks.  Fuckin Simcoe, the dude has got to go down, damn real history.  

Finally Peggy gets a little comeuppance, but I hope Abigail will be ok.  

How in the heck will Akinbode find that gold (or whatever) again?  Look by two trees?  Really?

On 6/26/2017 at 11:00 AM, GGMeade said:

He's so good at playing both sides, but now that he's finally come around-- he gets killed off!

I actually thought he was terrible at playing both sides, and his inflated sense of self-worth finally did him in. I think it's fitting. 

I cannot say enough how much I love that Arnold is just a bitch constantly. What a drama queen, ripping off the table cloth.

On 7/4/2017 at 3:10 PM, Hanahope said:

Ah they did such a nice job redeeming the Judge to have him killed like that sucks.  Fuckin Simcoe, the dude has got to go down, damn real history.

Simcoe will get his when he's exiled to Canada.