Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Win, Luthor, Draw

When an alien attack damages the Gotham headquarters, Chairman West delivers some unfortunate news to Van and Emily. In an effort to save the company, Emily's efficiency may make everyone a target. Meanwhile, Jackie gets a shocking surprise that will change her life.

Note: This episode was not broadcast on NBC.  It was posted on the official DC YouTube channel after the death of Adam West as a tribute.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have to admit I missed this little show.  It was great seeing Adam West as Dean West, Chairman of Wayne Industries.

There were several good quotes like:  How about a round of applause for our euthanasia guy Esteban ?

Watching Van spiral down after not getting the promotion was good -- the shorts, the Uggs, the Cheeto-stained fingers.
Van: "They tell you that if you're rich and you know the right people that you'll go far in life but it is a lie. The only thing people care about is hard work and if you have talent. The system is broken. "

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

A couple of neat things I noticed:

• After they changed jobs, the show changed scenes with a LexCorp logo wipe rather than the Wayne Security wipe.
  • Early in the show, Wendy is wearing a "Black Canary On Tour" T-shirt.  Black Canary was the lead singer in a band in a recent incarnation (I'm not sure if it was New 52 or Rebirth).
  • Wendy also went to Skartaris and became a warlord.  Skartaris was the setting of the 70's-80's DC sword-and-sorcery comic The Warlord.
  • I am 99.99% sure that the "Charm City" skyline they used in this episode was Cleveland.
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

OK, I need to hunt this up on YouTube and watch it stat.  I've missed this show, and I think it's wonderful that they let the fans see it as a way of paying tribute to Adam West.

It is linked in the media thread.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

It is linked in the media thread.

I know.  I just watched it.

Alan Tudyk really made this show.  He had a way of stealing every single scene that's hard to describe, but unforgettably funny.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I am 99.99% sure that the "Charm City" skyline they used in this episode was Cleveland.

It is.  They placed Wayne Tower on top of Cleveland's Public Square (Wikipedia).

This seems oddly prescient:

And, out of context:

Edited by Just Here
  • Love 2

Just as an aside, Imgur putting that wrapper around their embeds is incredibly annoying.

5 hours ago, Just Here said:

It is.  They placed Wayne Tower on top of Cleveland's Public Square

Thanks. I just happened to notice the logo on the Key Center this time.

3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I'm honestly amazed they even went there.

And don't forget the tweet from President Luthor about the aliens:
SPACE WALL WILL BE BUILT, AND ALIENS WILL PAY FOR IT !

I did like it when Teddy and Ron faked out Van into thinking he had developed superspeed.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And don't forget the tweet from President Luthor about the aliens:
SPACE WALL WILL BE BUILT, AND ALIENS WILL PAY FOR IT !

I did like it when Teddy and Ron faked out Van into thinking he had developed superspeed.

And I loved the delicious irony when Jackie really did become a speedster and saved all their butts when they had planned to throw her under the bus before they found out what Lex Luthor was REALLY up to.

But I have to wonder why Emily didn't call Green Fury for help.  Doesn't she still have that signal device that Green Fury gave her?

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

Why the G*D-D*MNED HELL is this not closed-captioned.  F*ck you, DC. 

Minus 100 points.

Thank you!  It's why I always preferred to watch the show on Hulu a day later -- Hulu provides closed captioning as an option (granted, it's not 100% accurate, but it's close enough that I can figure out what everyone is REALLY saying!).

On 6/16/2017 at 10:49 PM, MarkHB said:

A couple of neat things I noticed:

• Early in the show, Wendy is wearing a "Black Canary On Tour" T-shirt.  Black Canary was the lead singer in a band in a recent incarnation (I'm not sure if it was New 52 or Rebirth).

It's the New 52 version! And Gail Simone was the name of the newscaster!

This would have been the last episode, awwww. Loved all the Batman references with Adam West! So everyone working for LexCorp is evil? That henchman was hilarious though - "You get to choose what cheese you get turned into!" Tudyk as always is the best.

They should release the series on DVD.

• Love 3

I liked this episode and it definitely had a "series finale" vibe to it which was good. Although I would love to see Jackie as a speedster more. It just seems like quirky single-camera workplace comedies don't thrive on network TV. Too bad because it actually made me like Vanessa Hudgens (a little).

• Love 1
(edited)

I caught this on Hulu and really enjoyed it.  I guess if Adam West hadn't passed away we may never have gotten this episode but what a nice tribute to him.  I actually thought epi. 9 showed that this show could be better but got pulled too soon.  I will miss this show.

Edited by jah1986
  • Love 1