Type keyword(s) to search

Predictions for the FINAL Season

My prediction: we’re in for some American bureaucracy at its finest next week in a way that could possibly benefit the Jennings in their escape. I think there will be some interagency squabbling and jockeying happening on who gets to nab them and use them to cut a deal that will slow things down and lead Stan to say eff it and go rogue himself. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think they make it to the Canadian Embassy, and even if they did?  Elizabeth just murdered a KGB agent in the DC Embassy.  I'm sure Claudia would notify people about that.  Why on earth would the Canadian Embassy even open the door for them? 

Even if they did?  Handcuffs and arrest is the most likely course of action.

Edited by Umbelina
(edited)
8 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

I think that the finale must give us more substance with Stan's story line. Not necessarily lots of screen time but pivotal screen time.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 1

Maybe no major character dies. Just a thought with Oleg getting arrested and Claudia still alive. 

The Jennings family is split up. Maybe Philip and Elizabeth too. 

I really want major qualitative screentime for Philip. Give us something! 

• Love 3

I suppose time is very precious in this finale, so, would they bother to cover Claudia again?  I just can't fathom the writers would allow her to return home, as she said.  That would mean that she and Gabriel, both got their retirements. It would please me if the FBI somehow comes upon her apt address in their investigation, raid it, she pulls gun, they kill her.  That would only take about 30 seconds. 

I predict Claudia kills Paige to get revenge on Elizabeth and Henry turns on his parents ( either on purpose or inadvertently). Ultimately Stan is forced to let the Jennings’ go to save his career ( Phillip can spin it that Stan was aiding them all along) . Phillip and Elizabeth go on the lamb in search of a new way of life. 

I think my worst case scenario is Henry purposefully betraying his family. The ultimate heartbreaker. And I would hate Henry for it. Not dislike. Hate. 

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

I think my worst case scenario is Henry purposefully betraying his family. The ultimate heartbreaker. And I would hate Henry for it. Not dislike. Hate. 

I could envision Henry betraying his family in a heartbeat.  Paige too. 

Does anyone recall where Tuan's family lived?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

You would hate a kid, who betrayed his family, upon finding out that his family was engaged in a conspiracy that entailed murdering large numbers of wholly innocent people, in service to an ideology that the kid has no reason to have any allegiance to, and upon the most brief historical examination, was responsible for the murder of 100 million innocent people in less than 70 years? The family didn't betray Henry first, by involving him in this murderous conspiracy? Make no mistake, when you have legal responsibility for a minor child, that child is inevitably involved in your behavior, even when the child is unaware of it. That's part of what makes being a parent such a terrifyingly awesome responsibility. There are no days off, no hours off, no minutes off from the job, which means every parent fails their children. Liz and Phil have failed and betrayed Henry in a years-long, constant, monumental fashion, and the betrayal started the moment they decided to create Henry for purposes of pursuing an ideological goal.

It would be entirely ethical for Henry to bury the two people who betrayed him first. Paige is now an adult, who has made her choice, so no slack for her, either.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone recall where Tuan's family lived?  

I think Tuan was a boat person from Vietnam and his previous foster family lived in Seattle, or somewhere Northwest.

4 minutes ago, DrumJunkie said:

I think Tuan was a boat person from Vietnam and his previous foster family lived in Seattle, or somewhere Northwest.

Oh, that's right.  I was thinking that they were from the northwest, perhaps British Columbia.  Maybe, it was in the US. Thanks. 

I was thinking that with so many of the Jennings family's resources being shut off, they may try to reach Tuan's family to seek refuge.  He said they were good people, soooo.....they might help them. But, they would be too far from the northeast for the Jennings family to reach.  Not feasible they could drive that far undetected.  

I hope Arkady can pull some strings to get Oleg out.  It seems that once the coup is revealed to the FBI and they see that Oleg was trying to stop it and actually promote the mutual objectives of peace between the US and Soviet Union, they may let him go.  The Slate podcast doesn't bode well for that, by the way Costa Ronin sounded.  I'm hoping for misdirection there. (Sidebar, I love the passion Costa has for his Oleg character.  Every time I've heard him expound on Oleg's motivations, it's been confident and admirable.)

I think Stan may try to run down the Jennings family on his own.  I sense a desire for him to resolve his competing loyalties between country and friendship.  Plus, every other time he's tried to involve the FBI with protecting people he's cared about, it didn't end well.  So, since he's the only one who is onto P&E (besides possibly Aderholt), he might want to validate his suspicions before bringing FBI forces down on them.  In case the "I'm gonna kill 'em" line was intended for P&E, I can see the other guy go "who?" and Stan responds with, "No one",  before bolting out of FBI headquarters (Maybe in Renee's Jeep).

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Bannon said:

You would hate a kid, who betrayed his family, upon finding out that his family was engaged in a conspiracy that entailed murdering large numbers of wholly innocent people, in service to an ideology that the kid has no reason to have any allegiance to, and upon the most brief historical examination, was responsible for the murder of 100 million innocent people in less than 70 years? The family didn't betray Henry first, by involving him in this murderous conspiracy? Make no mistake, when you have legal responsibility for a minor child, that child is inevitably involved in your behavior, even when the child is unaware of it. That's part of what makes being a parent such a terrifyingly awesome responsibility. There are no days off, no hours off, no minutes off from the job, which means every parent fails their children. Liz and Phil have failed and betrayed Henry in a years-long, constant, monumental fashion, and the betrayal started the moment they decided to create Henry for purposes of pursuing an ideological goal.

It would be entirely ethical for Henry to bury the two people who betrayed him first. Paige is now an adult, who has made her choice, so no slack for her, either.

Yes, I would. It’s television. I care about Elizabeth and Philip. This would be devastating for them. I don’t logically care what the “right” thing for Henry to do or what Elizabeth and Philip have done in the name of their country and the hope of a better world. I really don’t.

And honestly? I care about them and their fate a lot more than I care that Henry got lied to or that this messed things up for him. I really don’t care enough about Henry (or Paige). He has every right to be angry and shocked. But- they’re still family. He can keep his mouth shut if nothing else. 

Obviously, they made mistakes as parents. They started on this course at 17 and had no clue what they were truly embarking on. I’m sorry Henry is going to get hurt. But selling out his family who loves him, and they do, is a bridge too far for me. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DrumJunkie said:

I hope Arkady can pull some strings to get Oleg out.  It seems that once the coup is revealed to the FBI and they see that Oleg was trying to stop it and actually promote the mutual objectives of peace between the US and Soviet Union, they may let him go.  The Slate podcast doesn't bode well for that, by the way Costa Ronin sounded.  I'm hoping for misdirection there. (Sidebar, I love the passion Costa has for his Oleg character.  Every time I've heard him expound on Oleg's motivations, it's been confident and admirable.)

I think Stan may try to run down the Jennings family on his own.  I sense a desire for him to resolve his competing loyalties between country and friendship.  Plus, every other time he's tried to involve the FBI with protecting people he's cared about, it didn't end well.  So, since he's the only one who is onto P&E (besides possibly Aderholt), he might want to validate his suspicions before bringing FBI forces down on them.  In case the "I'm gonna kill 'em" line was intended for P&E, I can see the other guy go "who?" and Stan responds with, "No one",  before bolting out of FBI headquarters (Maybe in Renee's Jeep).

OMG.  That would be shocking.  But, I do wonder if Aderholt would allow Stan to stay in this investigation when he is so close to suspects. Wouldn't it taint evidence? Of course, I suppose that back in those days, the FBI didn't bother with details, when going after illegals. Just nab them and worry about that later. 

(edited)

That would be an about face for Aderholt to pull Stan out after practically begging him to came back to CI.  His motivation for bringing Stan back was because of how personally involved Stan had gotten.  Stan had been mad about that for a long time.  Aderholt got that (hehe).  I don't think he would cut Stan off at the knees now, protocol be d@mned.

Edited by DrumJunkie
punctuation
44 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Alternatively, I would NOT hate Henry for it. As another poster said - it is television. I'd be just fine with it.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

Yes, I would. It’s television. I care about Elizabeth and Philip. This would be devastating for them. I don’t logically care what the “right” thing for Henry to do or what Elizabeth and Philip have done in the name of their country and the hope of a better world. I really don’t.

And honestly? I care about them and their fate a lot more than I care that Henry got lied to or that this messed things up for him. I really don’t care enough about Henry (or Paige). He has every right to be angry and shocked. But- they’re still family. He can keep his mouth shut if nothing else. 

Obviously, they made mistakes as parents. They started on this course at 17 and had no clue what they were truly embarking on. I’m sorry Henry is going to get hurt. But selling out his family who loves him, and they do, is a bridge too far for me. 

It being fiction, I don't actually care about any of them. I just want it to be well written. I just think it interesting that there is this sense of Henry owing loyalty to people have been betraying Henry, in a particularly grotesque fashion, for all of Henry's life. Liz and Phil have been grown ups for a long, long, time now. They have to carry the full weight of betraying Henry.

7 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Alternatively, I would NOT hate Henry for it. As another poster said - it is television. I'd be just fine with it.

Oh, I'm fine with just about anything that is written well.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bannon said:

Oh, I'm fine with just about anything that is written well.

I'm with you. It should be organic to the stories and the characters that we have been watching for 6 seasons. I'm not particularly invested in who lives or who dies.

17 minutes ago, DrumJunkie said:

I like the idea of Stan being the one driving Renee's Jeep!

3 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

I'm with you. It should be organic to the stories and the characters that we have been watching for 6 seasons. I'm not particularly invested in who lives or who dies.

It's funny - I am not particularly invested in who lives or dies either EXCEPT that I want Philip and Elizabeth to have the same fate. Either both live or both die. I am way too invested in them being together. 

Actually, to me, IF they insist on running with Henry in tow, they are NOT looking out for his best interest.  I'm not sure why they might think that they are, except this is supposed to be a show about family first, (right), but, it's just too dangerous and if they really thought about what Henry would want, they'd consider that Henry going on the run with them only involves, hiding, sneaking, living in fear and possibly being killed. The love of family is one thing, but, it sounds like going off with them would be a horrific idea.  It bothers me so much, that it sort of makes me think that if they are that closed minded and short sighted, then they deserve what they get.  I normally like P and E, but, hope Henry tells them, "Thanks, but no thanks.  I'll figure things out myself, without you guys. Love ya.  See ya one day,  maybe....."

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Exactly. Stories are interesting and good not because of the outcomes they arrive at, but instead due to how they get there. That's what a lot of the problems in this season have been, as much as I have enjoyed a lot of it. They have in many instances skipped showing us how the outcome is being arrived at. Luckily, superlative acting has in good measure compensated.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

See and if that was my POV, I wouldn’t watch the show. 

It is TV, but if I’m basically okay with any outcome as long as it’s handled well and that’s my sole criteria for the show, it’s not worth my time to watch, much less comment on. 

3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Actually, to me, IF they insist on running with Henry in tow, they are NOT looking out for his best interest.  I'm not sure why they might think that they are, except this is supposed to be a show about family first, (right), but, it's just too dangerous and if they really thought about what Henry would want, they'd consider that Henry going on the run with them only involves, hiding, sneaking, living in fear and possibly being killed. The love of family is one thing, but, it sounds like going off with them would be a horrific idea.  It bothers me so much, that it sort of makes me think that if they are that closed minded and short sighted, then they deserve what they get.  I normally like P and E, but, hope Henry tells them, "Thanks, but no thanks.  I'll figure things out myself, without you guys. Love ya.  See ya one day,  maybe....."

I just think it would be kind of humorous to have a scene where Henry looks at his parents, and says, "Do you two have even the faintest idea of how f*cking crazy you are?". I would laugh out loud!

• Love 1
Just now, Erin9 said:

See and if that was my POV, I wouldn’t watch the show. 

It is TV, but if I’m basically okay with any outcome as long as it’s handled well and that’s my sole criteria for the show, it’s not worth my time to watch, much less comment on. 

But its not my sole criteria for watching this show or any show. I expect quality in writing, directing, acting, production, etc. More than anything else, I want show runners to be true to their story. I don't want them to change an ending because of fear of fan reaction. It is their story to tell not mine. Of course, we have favorite characters and hope - sometimes irrationally - that it turns out well for them. I am perfectly fine with shows ending differently than I expected/hoped as long as I walk away and say, "wow, that was a great story." As an example - Breaking Bad and The Wire.

• Love 1

All that said, from a storytelling  POV, it seems a bit redundant to have another Jennings kid stab their parents in the back. Paige has already done that. Albeit- she wasn’t trying to get them arrested, but she didn’t keep the secret either. Do we need to see Henry run out and do the same thing? 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, that's right.  I was thinking that they were from the northwest, perhaps British Columbia.  Maybe, it was in the US. Thanks. 

I was thinking that with so many of the Jennings family's resources being shut off, they may try to reach Tuan's family to seek refuge.  He said they were good people, soooo.....they might help them. But, they would be too far from the northeast for the Jennings family to reach.  Not feasible they could drive that far undetected.  

The Jennings gave nothing to do with Tuan and his family are just normal people. They might as well just knock on a random door anywhere and expect help. 

1 minute ago, Bannon said:

I just think it would be kind of humorous to have a scene where Henry looks at his parents, and says, "Do you two have even the faintest idea of how f*cking crazy you are?". I would laugh out loud!

I could accept a lot of reactions from Henry as believable and working for me but family is going to matter. No reaction where the kids act like casual acquaintances who kick their parents to the curb for convenience or a detached overview of the legal ramifications would fit or make including kids in the story worthwhile. That I think is what Erin9 is referring to when she talks about hating Henry. A situation where they love him like family and he doesn't care about them.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

All that said, from a storytelling  POV, it seems a bit redundant to have another Jennings kid stab their parents in the back. Paige has already done that. Albeit- she wasn’t trying to get them arrested, but she didn’t keep the secret either. Do we need to see Henry run out and do the same thing? 

I don't know whether or not we "need" to see it. Its whether or not it tells a story. Is that how they believe that Henry would react? 

Edited by Ellaria Sand

One of my favorite scenes this year is Phil telling Liz that although they are following orders, they are the ones engaging in the behavior, with the full weight of what it means to do so. Phil just has been a better written character than Liz, in my view, and it speaks to Keri Russell's performance that she has done what she has with a role that doesn't have as much complexity.

• Love 4
(edited)

Hate Henry?  for Sins of the Father?  His crime having failed to "chose" different parentage.  Hate Paige who despite years of public education and lackluster indoctrination (if any) by her parents, chose to become a KGB agent, largely to please her mother .... Paige who all but implored Pastor Tim to drop the dime.  (Funny she has no idea the life-long secret burden she has placed on The Tims) 

I'd love for Philip to have a mini-epiphany courtesy of Paige questioning Henry's trustworthiness (she having been utterly untrustworthy when told the secret, natch) that she could and would actually consider leaving Henry behind because he wasn't a member of the secret club .... see also if Elizabeth wavers over Henry's trustworthiness.  It's not an "unreasonable" concern, and yet, as others have mentioned, it's not in Philip's DNA to run away and abandon family ... (and with his "other" son he would know the burden of guilt associated with that).  

I think the "road trip" scenario of them all in one car makes zero sense and is even laughable.  There may have been a topsy-turvy get-out-of-dodge emergency plan but there's no reason either Henry or Paige would have known about it (and it does not seem to have been updated for older kids, e.g. Does Henry drive yet?) 

Edited by SusanSunflower
  • Love 2

I'm prepared for anything.  I think that my expectation and opinion of the showrunners isn't as complimentary as it might be. Do I trust the writers in how this will be handled? NO WAY.  I certainly hope that I am overly cautious and wrong. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

The Jennings gave nothing to do with Tuan and his family are just normal people. They might as well just knock on a random door anywhere and expect help. 

I could accept a lot of reactions from Henry as believable and working for me but family is going to matter. No reaction where the kids act like casual acquaintances who kick their parents to the curb for convenience or a detached overview of the legal ramifications would fit or make including kids in the story worthwhile. That I think is what Erin9 is referring to when she talks about hating Henry. A situation where they love him like family and he doesn't care about them.

Oh, I'm not saying that would be casual at all; but rather a statement made in seething anger, perhaps after Stan has a sitdown with Henry, and shows him pictures of two parents butchered like steers in a slaughterhouse, as their child slept a few feet away, to discover their bloody corpses when awaking.

Stan says "This is hard stuff Henry, but this what your parents did to two people and a child, for the crime of being an embarassment to the Soviet Union. Where do you stand? By the way, here are some more pictures...." Henry then has a confrontation with his parents...

8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm prepared for anything.  I think that my expectation and opinion of the showrunners isn't as complimentary as it might be. Do I trust the writers in how this will be handled? NO WAY.  I certainly hope that I am overly cautious and wrong. 

Me too.

• Love 1

The more I think about it, maybe that is why the writers had Liz butcher the unfortunate parents with a knife, as opposed to the far more sensible .22 equipped with a silencer. They wanted a murder scene to show Henry with extreme visceral impact. I'm not sure how I view that, but maybe I'm on the wrong path.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ellaria Sand said:

But its not my sole criteria for watching this show or any show. I expect quality in writing, directing, acting, production, etc. More than anything else, I want show runners to be true to their story. I don't want them to change an ending because of fear of fan reaction. It is their story to tell not mine. Of course, we have favorite characters and hope - sometimes irrationally - that it turns out well for them. I am perfectly fine with shows ending differently than I expected/hoped as long as I walk away and say, "wow, that was a great story." As an example - Breaking Bad and The Wire.

I expect quality too.  But if I don’t have an investment in the characters, all the quality in the world won’t make me watch. Case in point- House of Cards on Netflix. Seems like a quality show after 1 episode. It certainly had my attention. But both characters seem to have zero redeeming qualities. Not sure if I care to go past 1 episode. 

I respect showrunners staying true to their vision. But I wouldn’t say I necessary always would want it if that makes sense. For instance, I understand why they wrote the Mischa story the way they did. They wanted to show the consequences of spying by not letting him get to meet his father after all that hardship. It was a loss for both- and Philip never even knew it. I get it. But It’s not a choice that as a viewer I found fulfilling. I had to sit through all of that- for that conclusion?!

Showrunners desires and audience desires don’t necessarily run in the same direction. They often don’t really. These have been lucky to have been able to do what they wanted regardless of audience hopes, expectations, or ratings! Good for them. And I do mean that. 

Honestly- I know and accept that I won’t get the ending I want. This show isn’t into happy endings. And I tend to like those. (I know- watching the wrong show for that.) Mostly I just hope it’s not an ending where I question why I put the time in to watch.  Or something horrifically depressing. IDK- Henry or Paige purposefully betraying the family to the point of them getting caught is up there with E/P’s marriage emotionally imploding as endings I’d rather not see. That’s just so depressingly sad. Worse than death or prison imo. Ugh.

But- since this show is primarily about marriage and family, I expect the end to be more about that and less about spying per se. 

1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Yes. Thank you. That was nicely and succinctly put. ?

Edited by Erin9
  • Love 1

Ref. the above comments about Henry and how he might be told of his parents crimes as a method to turn him.  I'm not sure why they need to do that.  What information would he have that they need?  Why would they need info from Henry or convince him to shun his parents? The only scenario I could think of is if his parents tell him to meet them at some place, (before FBI arrive) and the FBI intercepts Henry before he gets there. But, to me, it would make more sense just to follow Henry, without him knowing and nail them once they all meet up.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

I understand why they wrote the Mischa story the way they did. They wanted to show the consequences of spying by not letting him get to meet his father after all that hardship. It was a loss for both- and Philip never even knew it. I get it. But It’s not a choice that as a viewer I found fulfilling. I had to sit through all of that- for that conclusion?!

For me, the Mischa storyline helped to show us how much Philip sacrificed for his country, even if he didn't know it.  It adds that extra bit of empathy for his character in S5 when he finally decides that he is at his limit.  He gave up Irina and, unknowingly, a family to serve his country.  It also helped to understand his motivations wrt Henry and boarding school and not wanting to let him go.  The fear of separation from Henry may come into play in the finale. 

Also, the arc ended well for Mischa.  He has a connection to his father through a family who loves him.

(edited)

The problem with the FBI "trying to turn Henry" is that he doesn't know anything  ....  so there's nothing going on except traumatizing Henry until the FBI are "convinced" of same.   I don't think that gory crime scene photos without other "proof" that links these crimes to P&E  are going to convince Henry had his parents are "literally" monsters. 

Edited by SusanSunflower

Last night I dreamed a particularly depressing conclusion for the show. All four Jenningses make it to the USSR only to have the coup plotters massacre them all, Elizabeth and Philip reaching o9ut to each other with their last, dying strength. I don't expect happy endings but hope the finale is not quite as devastating as my subconscious came up with.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Bannon said:

The more I think about it, maybe that is why the writers had Liz butcher the unfortunate parents with a knife, as opposed to the far more sensible .22 equipped with a silencer. They wanted a murder scene to show Henry with extreme visceral impact. I'm not sure how I view that, but maybe I'm on the wrong path.

Is there any actual proof that Elizabeth was the killer though? She’s been sloppy this season. So maybe there is. 

There’s a lot Stan can assume or infer based on sketches, but I think the only real evidence he has is Clark’s fingerprint. If they get around to checking that. That ties Philip to Martha. 

Edited by Erin9
1 hour ago, Erin9 said:

Is there any actual proof that Elizabeth was the killer though? She’s been sloppy this season. So maybe there is. 

There’s a lot Stan can assume or infer based on sketches, but I think the only real evidence he has is Clark’s fingerprint. If they get around to checking that. That ties Philip to Martha. 

Whether they have proof of her being the knife wielder or not, she's part of the conspiracy that is producing these atrocities.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SusanSunflower said:

The problem with the FBI "trying to turn Henry" is that he doesn't know anything  ....  so there's nothing going on except traumatizing Henry until the FBI are "convinced" of same.   I don't think that gory crime scene photos without other "proof" that links these crimes to P&E  are going to convince Henry had his parents are "literally" monsters. 

It isn't the FBI. It is Henry's bestest buddy, Stan Beeman. If they have pictures of Phil. In a disguise, meeting an orthodox priest, that's pretty remarkable. Henry's going to think dad was Halloweening? Then Stan starts talking about all the strange behavior Henry has observed in his parents engaging in over the years, and whatever other evidence Stan puts together. Then he says to Hemry, "Son, your parents could get killed if they try to run, but if you help us, we can capture them without violence. Chances are they get sent back to the USSR in a prisoner exchange, and you get to decide where you want to live. That's better than having them shot dead, isn't it?"

Edited by Bannon

For a son who needs convincing ... it's weak "evidence" ... I don't think there's time to use Henry to wittingly catch P&E and p.   The red-alert evacuation siren has already been activated.  If P&E can't reach Henry, they will have to leave without him, but as I said before, I think if they could reach Henry they would, as they did with Jared, instruct him to take the train or bus (secretly) to some out of the way location to be picked up there ... not wait in New Hampshire (to be nabbed by the FBI) but to simply vanish NOW. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bannon said:

It isn't the FBI. It is Henry's bestest buddy, Stan Beeman. If they have pictures of Phil. In a disguise, meeting an orthodox priest, that's pretty remarkable. Henry's going to think dad was Halloweening? Then Stan starts talking about all the strange behavior Henry has observed in his parents engaging in over the years, and whatever other evidence Stan puts together. Then he says to Hemry, "Son, your parents could get killed if they try to run, but if you help us, we can capture them without violence. Chances are they get sent back to the USSR in a prisoner exchange, and you get to decide where you want to live. That's better than having them shot dead, isn't it?"

Interesting, but, even if Henry wants to help the FBI he doesn't know where his parents are, where their safe house is, where they kept their money, what they are driving, who their contacts are, or even where they are going...unless, they call him before Stan arrives and tells Henry.  That's possible.  I'm not sure if Henry would knowingly say where their meeting spot is, but, I can see them following Henry to where P tells him to go, unbeknownst to him.  Then, a tragedy unfolds. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. the above comments about Henry and how he might be told of his parents crimes as a method to turn him.  I'm not sure why they need to do that.  What information would he have that they need?  Why would they need info from Henry or convince him to shun his parents? The only scenario I could think of is if his parents tell him to meet them at some place, (before FBI arrive) and the FBI intercepts Henry before he gets there. But, to me, it would make more sense just to follow Henry, without him knowing and nail them once they all meet up.  

Another thing that strikes me about Henry is that everyone tends to think of him as having his own life that he doesn't want ruined. But also he was annoyed when he was left at Thanksgiving. Henry's parents not showing up to ask him to go with them is, imo, the bigger issue where Henry's concerned. He's always had interests beyond his family while at the same time not wanting to be forgotten. He deserves the same choice as Paige go though it would not be OOC for her to push to just leave him.

2 hours ago, Bannon said:

Whether they have proof of her being the knife wielder or not, she's part of the conspiracy that is producing these atrocities.

In my mind that’s not enough. Right now anyway. Not direct enough. It’s sort of like, but not totally, blaming an entire religious group for what an extreme part of it did.

I know this show moves fast at times, but for Stan to do all of that and have Henry go for it in the last episode seems too much. 

• Love 2

I'm contemplating an ending that sends Stan to New Hampshire after P&E and Paige. Stan would know they'd go get Henry. He may even go rogue and go after them alone. I'm also thinking that somehow the person who ends up dead will be innocent Henry, and I'm hoping that won't happen because it's way too "Godfather III".

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bannon said:

I wonder how long Henry will think of Stan as a friend if it clicks in Stan was not just making conversation in the car ride back to school. Or that his buddy is hunting his parents. He may not see him as a friend- as someone to trust-regardless of how he feels about his parents. 

And this is pretty personal for Stan. How much is he going to be willing to exploit his relationship with Henry to find his parents. If it comes to that. 

4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, that would be surprising. Killing their child is really worse than killing them, imo. It's almost TOO sad. 

I think that’s too much. Way too much. 

Since this is the predictions thread...

What about Chekhov's Cyanide Pill? Will it be used? If yes, who will swallow it?

I'll say that Philip swallows it. I don't think that he is surviving the series and I don't see him going out in a "hail of bullets" scene. (That's very unlike this show.) Stan will stand watching - mouth agape.