Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E12: We're Going To Victory Lane

• Start Topic

After seeing an interview with Scott, London and a friend of London's, at appears that the bag-checking wasn't what got B&S to the speedway first - it was a faster cab. Scott said their cab driver was really fast and went 120 on the highway. London said their cab driver was slow as molasses and even worse on the way back. So a lot of it did come down to "bad taxi luck."

On the other hand, it appears that B&S were the only team to cram and study Chicago, specifically, on their way back from Korea. They  wrote copious notes about Chicago landmarks - and already had the address written down for 2 of the 3 locations they needed to find in the postcard task. Neither of the other two teams planned out a route, either, and London says she and Logan went to the wrong location for one of them just like Tara and Joey did.

Other tidbits: Scott said Brooke did let him carry her piggy-back for about a block. And London says Joey actually helped her with the tire at the speed track while Tara was doing laps.

Helping her in the ladle task in the early part of the race?  OK, I can see it.

Helping ANYONE in the final leg?  WHY? You're racing for a million bucks, dude. Let her figure it out.

• Love 1

I seem to recall at least one team FedExing their backpacks home at the start of the last leg...

I recall that being Colin, of Colin and Christie, season six. The one Chip and Kim won. He's also the speaker of the infamous lines, 'My Ox is BROKEN! This is BULLSHIT!'

Very disappointing ending. We were a few weeks behind, and just got caught up on the finale tonight. I can't believe Matt and red werent on the finale. They, and Tara and Joey were my favorites to win. London and Logan a close second for their positive attitude. 

I couldn't stand Brooke the entire season, and I felt so bad for Scott having to deal with her. He is a saint.  I don't know how she functions in every day life, much less make it through law school and be an attorney. Youd think she'd cry and have a breakdown multiple times a day. 

On 6/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, ByaNose said:

Wait! This was a bad dream that Brooke & Scott won, right? Sort of like Bobby Ewing in the shower?! Someone please tell me that this entire season was a horrible dream. Somebody! Anybody! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 

Yes, exactly.  I enjoyed the season but What a letdown in the end. 

• Love 1

Maybe I'm the only one who has this opinion...

...I've watched most seasons of Amazing Race and my favorite team has only won once, so I really don't care who wins any more. It's not why I watch the show, so this season didn't bother me any more than any other season.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2017 at 7:19 PM, mikewho said:

I recall that being Colin, of Colin and Christie, season six. The one Chip and Kim won. He's also the speaker of the infamous lines, 'My Ox is BROKEN! This is BULLSHIT!'

Just for the record so as no one goes out and buys the WRONG season:  It was Season 5.  One of the 4 best TAR seasons ever along with 1,2 and 3.  Charla & Mirna and Colin and Chip and the clueless twins and the grumpy pizza bros.  Great great season.  Season 6 totally sucked with all the endless mactor couples and Jonathan & Victoria and KKKendra etc.

You're absolutely right. Season 5.  I stand corrected.

Maybe I'm the only one who has this opinion...

...I've watched most seasons of Amazing Race and my favorite team has only won once, so I really don't care who wins any more. It's not why I watch the show, so this season didn't bother me any more than any other season.

You're not the only one with that opinion: There's me.

The only season I ever skipped out on was the 'Family Edition'. I just plain lost interest halfway through.

I also almost never have a 'favorite team' OR 'The team I hate the most'. The only time I did, actually, was season 5 that I mentioned Chip and Kim won. And they were the fan favorites. You should've seen the eruption at TARCon when they crossed the finish line first. They were only my real favorite team.

Other than them, I've never really cared much who wins (whoever crosses the finish line first deserves it), and I'll never understand posts like 'I'm DONE with this show because I HATE the winners so much!'

• Love 1
On 6/8/2017 at 2:23 PM, iMonrey said:

After seeing an interview with Scott, London and a friend of London's, at appears that the bag-checking wasn't what got B&S to the speedway first - it was a faster cab. Scott said their cab driver was really fast and went 120 on the highway. London said their cab driver was slow as molasses and even worse on the way back. So a lot of it did come down to "bad taxi luck."

On the other hand, it appears that B&S were the only team to cram and study Chicago, specifically, on their way back from Korea. They  wrote copious notes about Chicago landmarks - and already had the address written down for 2 of the 3 locations they needed to find in the postcard task. Neither of the other two teams planned out a route, either, and London says she and Logan went to the wrong location for one of them just like Tara and Joey did.

Other tidbits: Scott said Brooke did let him carry her piggy-back for about a block. And London says Joey actually helped her with the tire at the speed track while Tara was doing laps.

Very interesting.  What is the source?  I can't seem to find much in the days following the race.

Going 120?  In Chicago?  That's nuts.  In the morning, there shouldn't be much traffic on the highway leaving the airport.  But 120?  Come on, that's crazy here in the States - it's not as if this is the Autobahn.  I really think from a safety perspective, there should be rule that racers in cabs or self-driving cannot exceed the speed limit, and it's up to the camera crew to report any violations.

As pointed out in posts up above, it wasn't necessarily getting to the speedway that won the race for them, as they were pretty much in the El station at the same time as Tara and Joey.  It was the scavenger hunt through Chicago that won it.  I love that they were studying Chicago while on the flight back from Korea.  That's totally what I would do.  Buy a guidebook in the airport, don't let anybody else see it, and read all the way home.  Not surprised at all that Logan/London and Tara/Joey apparently did nothing, as they couldn't even figure out to dump their bags which shows just terrible race smarts.

Interesting that Joey helped London.  Helped her with technique and then she finished on her own?  That must be the case.  Wow, I'm all for being nice but this is the final leg for $1 million.  I wouldn't help anyone.

10 hours ago, greyhorse said:

eally think from a safety perspective, there should be rule that racers in cabs or self-driving cannot exceed the speed limit, and it's up to the camera crew to report any violations.

It is or at used to be for self driving legs.