Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Part 31

I'm watching this now, and wondered if Kevin was what's his name's son. If they'd had an affair. 

I'm afraid of drowning. The underwater bit had me feeling a bit dizzy. Was that John??? 

• Love 6

Ozzy checks out is right. I guess he expected to be killed, but why go so willingly and set up the meeting then? He had no purpose.

Sally is doing a great job weaving Nolan in.

Kevin, such a fool.

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm watching this now, and wondered if Kevin was what's his name's son. If they'd had an affair. 

Was thinking the same thing. Thought I posted that somewhere. 

You mean Roy Gilbert...right? 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4

Was this entire episode a fever dream? Nothing made sense. Maybe it will all come together in the last two episodes but man, I am so lost right now. Are they all going crazy from the guilt so nothing is making sense anymore? 

I don't see how Ozzy was necessary to the plot at all this entire time. Nolan's mom disappeared for the third season. He should have gone the same route. 

• Love 2

Seriously, what the hell did I just watch? There hasn't been anything "supernatural" in the plot up to now (unless you count ghost Danny, but I always chalked that up to just something in John's head), seems random to give Ozzy visions all of a sudden, then kill him off (was happy to see him go, though).

What's up with no Father Lopez? Was he a fake priest planted by someone to get dirt on the Rayburns? I've been paranoid about that ever since they introduced Sally confessing her sins.

Finally we're getting some hints about Roy and Sally's past. There's only 2 episodes left so it's about time.

Kevin and Roy could be related. They both have that stubby physique.

Maybe we're about to find out everyone has been in purgatory all along, or they are all in a Florida-themed snowglobe.

• Love 6
On 5/31/2017 at 3:33 AM, Bec said:

Maybe we're about to find out everyone has been in purgatory all along, or they are all in a Florida-themed snowglobe.

Nooooooo...no no no, I don't want it to end that way!  No dreams, no snowglobes, no!!

I say this as I purposely avoid watching the last two episodes so it won't be over.....

I like Leguizamo as much as the next guy but at this point I was counting on him to somehow bring down the Rayburns, and it looks like that won't be happening. His death pretty much renders his entire storyline pointless.

These assholes are all gonna skate, aren't they?

Hey, Mark Valley!  Always good to see him.  I still wonder if he was telling the truth or if he and Aguirre are looking into John for some reason.  I did love how he did a big show for his "I totally kissed your wife last time!" confession, only for John to just be all "Idiot, she told me you did that right after it happened!" about it.

So, this is it for Ozzy?  I really don't understand what his arc was.  Was he just crazy and seeing things?  And I guess the reason for his suicide was because he figured the guys where going to finish what Gilbert initially started, so he just wanted to quit fighting it.  It was just weird.

So, it turns out that one of the Cubans Kevin is working for is actually some kind of undercover agent, who are trying to bring down Gilbert and now Kevin.  Oh, Kevin, you silly, stupid man.  I'm worried though that Belle being in the know and going with it, could end up taking her down as well.  Hopefully Kevin will at least have the brainpower to protect her, if/when his stupid ass gets arrested.

Brief history about Gilbert and his relationship with Robert and Sally.  Something about him and Robert on a boat with someone else, and that other guy didn't make it?

Have no clue about the final scene.  I doubt they would kill John now, so another dream?

• Love 1

This whole episode had me completely confused. Does Sally have some sort of terminal illness? Or was her doctor visit just to discuss real estate? I don't understand the point of Ozzy either - I really thought he would bring the whole house of cards crashing down. Instead there was no point to his story. Am baffled by John's storyline as well. Hoping the conclusion was a dream sequence and not real. Kevin is still a moron.

• Love 2

Not only was this episode confusing, it was quite boring.

I pretty much can't stand any of these characters except for John because, you know, Coach Taylor and all.

The actor who plays Nolan was very unconvincing up against Cissy Spacek.

• Love 3

I think Ozzy was the phantom limb of a storyline that was amputated much earlier.   They kept him on either because they had Leguizamo under contract or because they saw no good way to get rid of him.   That's why they morphed him from con-man to crackpot.

My WTF moment had to do with John's swim fins in the final scene.   They looked about 3-4 feet long.

VERY disappointed in Belle.

The whole episode felt like the writers have lost the steering and everybody's just hanging on till the ride comes to a stop.

So I'm not spoiled, but I heard this show doesn't end well. I guess the WTF starts here, with Ozzy's death. Out of character for him to go willingly with those two guys. And the visions, WTF. All I can think is he was dying of some illness and so chose to end it? His character had no point.

Belle- I do not believe she would go willingly along with Kevin's lie and be all warm and cuddly and we're in this together. Doesn't seem in character given she left Kevin for worse in the past.

I would be horrified my husband was such a sociopath and I would not want him or his twisted family anywhere near an innocent baby.

Sigh. My standards are low for the ending but maybe not low enough.