Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

That clip actually doesn't look as good as I find most two-minute segments of any given Darin Morgan episode, but I'm missing context, and I'm still very excited for the episode.  I've seen more than one reviewer say it's even better than the weremonster episode, and I fucking love the weremonster episode (as I do every Darin Morgan episode).

But the X in the window isn't Mulder's all-purpose secret rendezvous signal; it was something he used to summon X.  I don't think we ever saw him (or her, that one time) use it with anyone else.  Did we?

New Russian promo for ep 4:

To avoid confusion: This is the same Russian promo like the one I posted several days ago, but the older one was just incomplete, so this is the full version.
Edited by EUROTRASH
5 hours ago, Italian Ice said:

Here's another sneak peek. I cannot for the life of me follow this episode, but I hope I like it!

Ha ha, seeing this sneak peek makes me realize I thought the scruffy bearded guy was Skinner (we got a glimpse of him in the promos from a few months ago) and I thought he looked horrible compared to S10 and couldn't figure out what happened since he was bearded then too.  Glad I was wrong!

The William blog entries on Ghouli.net are really fascinating. The kid has been through hell and back, even after his adoption. Living in an actual bubble, being blinded (is he still blind? I can't figure that out), endless medical experiments, tons of bullying, extreme loneliness, his adoptive parents basically forgetting about him,  the seizures/visions, seeing Ghouli, seeing Scully in his visions since he was 7, etc... Sad, sad, stuff. 

In this Russian promo, it looks like Mulder and Scully find William, and possibly one of the Van De Kamps, dead. I just CANNOT at Scully finding William dead. That's just heartbreaking. Of course we know he resurrects, but still. 

Also, are people basically just submitting fanfic to that Ghouli site? Because everything after the official launch entries looks like shit

Edited by Italian Ice

I hate it when they release these clips. I mean, they're not trailers, they're entire scenes or almost entire scenes. It takes strong will-power not to watch them, and it's difficult, lol. I didn't mind it for some other episodes, but no way am I watching any Ghouli clips except for trailers.

I think it's safe to say that William is the cause for the girls harming each other in the teaser, although he'll do it unintentionally. But I think there's a chance he could use the same ability to get rid of some bad guys at the end of the episode. We know from photos that Mulder speaks to two guys, one of them being the guy who shoots Scully in the promos. And we also see the "Ghouli" monster in a different location in the promos, not on a ship but inside a room, maybe the same location where the shooting takes place. Perhaps, just as the girls turned on one another on the ship, William will use his abilities to make the two bad guys turn on one another at the end. They might see the monster in each other and kill each other. It also wouldn't surprise me if William heals a wounded Scully.

Lord have mercy, some astute fan noticed that in the Hungarian promo, that gunshot sound you hear after M&S discover the Van de Kamps, is William actually shooting himself in the head. You can see a gun in his right hand. And of course, Scully finds her long lost son dead, by shooting himself in the damn head, as if she hasn't suffered enough. My question though is, is William somehow being framed for killing his parents? A double murder suicide? Or was Ghouli somehow involved? In his blog, he claims to see Ghouli inside his house. Or maybe, William knowing that he can't die (just like Scully), he chooses to shoot himself to somehow protect himself? Maybe his visions were so disturbing, that he chose to take his own life? 

Annnnd Scully looks like she's dead, dead, dead after being shot multiple times. I also wouldn't be surprised to see that William saves her somehow, but she's immortal, so who knows.

I'm so intrigued by this episode. 

Here's a better pic of Scully's wounds (top pic). There's no way on God's green earth that she survived that. 

DUjEatPX4AAt-2b.jpg_large.jpg

Edited by Italian Ice
4 hours ago, Italian Ice said:

Lord have mercy, some astute fan noticed that in the Hungarian promo, that gunshot sound you hear after M&S discover the Van de Kamps, is William actually shooting himself in the head. You can see a gun in his right hand. And of course, Scully finds her long lost son dead, by shooting himself in the damn head, as if she hasn't suffered enough. My question though is, is William somehow being framed for killing his parents? A double murder suicide? Or was Ghouli somehow involved? In his blog, he claims to see Ghouli inside his house. Or maybe, William knowing that he can't die (just like Scully), he chooses to shoot himself to somehow protect himself? Maybe his visions were so disturbing, that he chose to take his own life? 

Annnnd Scully looks like she's dead, dead, dead after being shot multiple times. I also wouldn't be surprised to see that William saves her somehow, but she's immortal, so who knows.

I'm so intrigued by this episode. 

Here's a better pic of Scully's wounds (top pic). There's no way on God's green earth that she survived that.

I don't think Ghouli is a real physical monster. Read my previous post where I speculate about it. It seems likely that William makes the monster appear in other people. The teaser sequence with girls attacking each other is probably him doing it unintentionally, but he might do it again intentionally towards the end of the episode to get rid of some bad guys.

There are also hints that he appears to Scully at a gas station through another person. She sees him in a stranger, or something.

Yes, there is a gunshot in that house, but could it be that him lying on the floor in the house isn't really him, but another instance of Scully seeing him in other people? Because, we have the whole snow globe sequence where Scully talks about sending/receiving messages, presumably at the same house, and him "appearing" behind her. I don't see how all of that can happen if she believes he's dead pretty early in the episode. He may "die" later on in the episode and then resurrect. I mean, it's obvious that she's looking at his dead body in a body bag in the promo, and he later "rises" out of the bag.

Lots to think about.

And no, the Scully immortality thing was never clearly established. It's more of a joke than anything else. That said, there's a possibility William might heal her after those gunshot wounds.

Edited by EUROTRASH

“In the last event series, we touched on that; my episode touched on that through their fantasy: what they thought their lives would be like with their child,” points out Wong, who wrote/directed this week’s installment. “So I wanted to take the next step. I love the idea of the emotional qualities of that story: a son missing from your life for his whole life, really. But…[now] he could be in danger.” And things will get intense: “Scully goes through the wringer.”

“It’s a tragedy, in a way, for Mulder,” he continues. “He’s stuck in this place. He hasn’t moved forward in his career really, but he’s completely concentrating on this one thing. I feel like, even though he’s grown older, he’s still obsessed by the same obsessions. And I think Scully is a great partner for him, because I think she’s in love with him that way. She had a different career as a doctor, but she came back, because this is so important to him—she’s coming back to be there for him.”

https://www.tvinsider.com/662771/x-files-episode-5-ghouli-william-james-wong/

I don't know if this is a spoiler really, but James Wong confirmed that this is not the last time we'll see William, and he plays a big part towards the end. He also said that Mulder and Scully deal with something very important and emotional in an episode themed around the search for youth. Maybe a wedding? A miscarriage? I still think she's pregnant, but IDK 

https://www.tvinsider.com/663282/x-files-episode-5-ghouli-william-reunion/

Edited by Italian Ice
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Italian Ice said:

I don't know if this is a spoiler really, but James Wong confirmed that this is not the last time we'll see William, and he plays a big part towards the end. He also said that Mulder and Scully deal with something very important and emotional in an episode themed around the search for youth. Maybe a wedding? A miscarriage? I still think she's pregnant, but IDK 

https://www.tvinsider.com/663282/x-files-episode-5-ghouli-william-reunion/

I'm thinking pregnancy as well. I wish it would be a wedding though. Doubt it'll be a miscarriage given his reaction.

But at the same time, there is a very important and emotional thing that happens with Mulder and Scully. I’m really happy with it. I’m excited for people to see it.

Why would anyone be happy if it turns out that the characters have to go through a miscarriage? It wouldn't make any sense. It sounds like something good happens to them/for them.

I don't see how having a baby in their mid-50s would be a good thing, but I've pretty well reached "whatever" point with this whole thing.  I may just stop reading spoilers, watch the remaining episodes, and then put it all behind me.  The weremonster episode still makes the revival worthwhile, but this show is such a shadow of its former self to me that I've lost my excitement.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I don't see how having a baby in their mid-50s would be a good thing, but I've pretty well reached "whatever" point with this whole thing.  I may just stop reading spoilers, watch the remaining episodes, and then put it all behind me.  The weremonster episode still makes the revival worthwhile, but this show is such a shadow of its former self to me that I've lost my excitement.

Yea that's where I'm at too. It's like they're trying to make up for the adoption... and I'm like 'it's too late'. As for caring, I care about some of it, just not MS 4. That I'm dreading.

Episode 10 will be MS4, and will be from William's perspective, and apparently it's very William-heavy. The MS4 thing was from a James Wong interview (I think?), and this is from today:

DVRxxItW4AE8_1D.jpg_large.jpg

Edited by Italian Ice
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if Scully goes on the run with William?

That's what I'm assuming, if the spoiler about her leaving the FBI are true. She'd have to have a damn good reason to leave, and protecting her son would be a great one. I'll be sad though if Mulder loses Scully and William in the finale. Poor guy is forever alone.

Edited by Italian Ice

With the news that CC thinks the show can go on without Scully and GA’s ambivalence about her exit, your theory is probably right. Just as well I’m watching until episode 9. Scully without Mulder didn’t work and vice versa. And I don’t trust CC to write a satisfactory finale. And why with such horrible ratings is CC writing a cliffhanger?! To paraphrase 30 Rock- Shut It Down.

Actually reading the Wong interview again, it does seem to me that while M&S considered Will their son, he’s actually CSM’s. This way Scully/son can flee and since Mulder isn’t a parent he’ll stay behind. But yet another case of Scully!Rape makes me want to puke. Come on, three times, Emily, clones..?! I can see why someone like Anderson would want to stop playing the victim.

Edited by Tardislass
5 hours ago, Italian Ice said:

Episode 10 will be MS4, and will be from William's perspective, and apparently it's very William-heavy.

Ugh.  I'd rather stare at my wall for an hour, so I should just skip it, but it will probably have some great acting by GA, so I'll probably suck it up.  And maybe I get lucky, and it's nowhere near as bad as I think.  (I know, I know - no one hurt themselves laughing now.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Ugh.  I'd rather stare at my wall for an hour, so I should just skip it, but it will probably have some great acting by GA, so I'll probably suck it up.  And maybe I get lucky, and it's nowhere near as bad as I think.  (I know, I know - no one hurt themselves laughing now.)

Same here. I'm dreading the episode. And knowing that it's going to end on some kind of cliffhanger has me not looking forward to it that much more.

24 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Same here. I'm dreading the episode. And knowing that it's going to end on some kind of cliffhanger has me not looking forward to it that much more.

I have big plans to skip it and watch "This" instead. I started watching the reboot because I hated the Season 9 finale so much that it affected how I felt about the show as a whole. I had a hard time watching earlier episodes, knowing that these two lovely people were going to end the show curled up in the fetal position waiting for the world to end. This season has made me feel much better about Mulder and Scully, and I'm not going to let Chris Carter undo all of that. I'm watching Mulder and Scully eat bran muffins and banter about handcuffs, and as far as I'm concerned that's how the show ends.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

The episode with the best ending for me will always be "The Post-Modern Prometheus," which Carter wrote, so I still have some hope that he can end it well.  Whether he actually CHOOSES to make this the end is the real question...

2 hours ago, domina89 said:

The episode with the best ending for me will always be "The Post-Modern Prometheus," which Carter wrote, so I still have some hope that he can end it well.  Whether he actually CHOOSES to make this the end is the real question...

Yea I loved that one. I don't sadly. The last good ones he did on his own (in my opinion) were Improbable and The Truth. IWTB was good, but that was with help from Frank. I don't think he can do things on his own writing wise anymore. I agree with you on that.

11 hours ago, domina89 said:

Interestingly (and perhaps unsurprisingly), the end of PMP when they dance wasn't actually scripted by CC. It was all DD and GA being spontaneous, but CC liked it so it was left in. 

I'm very concerned about the finale being "a cliffhanger of sorts." All I want is for Mulder and Scully to be together and getting to know their son, and it shouldn't be too much to ask after 25 years, and yet it is, because CC really seems to be in denial about the show ending. I don't want some mytharc cliffhanger like last season, and I really don't want anything that results in the two of them being apart, including, as some have speculated, Scully and William going on the run without Mulder. I will flip tables if that happens.

If it does end with some such nonsense like that, I think I'm just going to have to pretend that the show ended with the original recipe series finale. It was bittersweet, yet there was still hope, because they were together. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, phalange said:

If it does end with some such nonsense like that, I think I'm just going to have to pretend that the show ended with the original recipe series finale. It was bittersweet, yet there was still hope, because they were together. 

I'll pretend it ends with them on the rowboat in IWTB, on the road - or, you know, ocean - to figuring out how to achieve a healthy balance in their lives going forward.  (And I'll slot the weremonster case into my personal universe somehow, because I don't want to lose that.)

I'm just tired of viewing on eggshells, waiting to see how much CC fucks things up and how many episodes or even moments from other writers can make that worthwhile.  The law of diminishing returns is in full effect.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, phalange said:

Interestingly (and perhaps unsurprisingly), the end of PMP when they dance wasn't actually scripted by CC. It was all DD and GA being spontaneous, but CC liked it so it was left in. 

I do love the dance bit, but what I was actually referring to was the storybook element at the end of that episode.  I really like how the episode is crafted as a story within a story and how Mulder asks to see the writer to change the ending to make it a happy one.  Then closing with M & S as part of that happy ending... I just love that.

Edited by domina89

The X-Files (8/7c, Fox): A must episode for fans of FBI stalwart Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi), whose past as a Marine during the Vietnam War returns to haunt him. When he goes missing, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) go in search, but not before being told by Deputy Director Kersh (James Pickens Jr.) that Skinner’s career was probably held back because of his dedication to this unorthodox duo. But really, who can blame him? Especially once they come to his aid in a case involving Vietnam-era mind-control experiments. The monsters may not be real this time, but they’re no less deadly.

https://www.tvinsider.com/664682/whats-on-tv-wednesday-february-7-law-and-order-svu-x-files-waco/

I'm no fan of this promo. Too many quick cuts. And it's very distracting. I hope that it's not how this episode plays out. If so, it's on my non re watch list along with MS III. Love how Mulder looks there... but I'm still no fan of the shorter Scully hair cut.  Love the clothes though.