Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

For your opinions from Freefolk :  

Episode 3 *No Dothraki illness, its The Unsullied that get sick and Die. *Wight Unsullied fight and kill most of the Dothraki at Winterfell. *Winterfell gets besieged by Wights Unsullied. *Jaime breaks the Siege with The Lannister Army from Riverrun.

Episode 4. *AOTD attack Winterfell *Viserion kills Rhaegal *NK speaks to Jon through Bran *NK wants Jon to dual him on the batllefield outside winterfell *NK Freezes Bran inside his own mind *Melisandre uses blood magic to free Bran *With help from Brienne, Arya and Sam, Jon kills NK *Melisandre dies from her injuries

Episode 5. *Golden Company arrive at Winterfell disguised has Lannister Soldiers *Harry Strickland is among them, He meets with Tyrion *Harry informs Tyrion that his sister has come to collect his debt *Jaime notices a former Gold Cloak among the Lannister Army *Jaime stabbed by the former gold cloak *Brienne finds a bloody Jaime *Tyrion orders Harry to take Daenerys hostage *Golden Company sack Winterfell *Tyrion leaves Jon in the main hall and he sets fire to it *Sansa rescues Jon, But gets trapped and burns to death *Jon and Arya form a plan to rescue Daenerys

(edited)
12 hours ago, Edith said:

Did you read the whole speculation? Is based on this leak:

That leak is an incoherent mess. Nothing makes sense and I am still not sure what he is trying to say.

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

This makes no sense so it is probably true. 

LOL!  I am prepared for the characters doing inexplicably stupid things for the sake of plot and spectacle.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GrailKing said:

For your opinions from Freefolk :  

Episode 3 *No Dothraki illness, its The Unsullied that get sick and Die. *Wight Unsullied fight and kill most of the Dothraki at Winterfell. *Winterfell gets besieged by Wights Unsullied. *Jaime breaks the Siege with The Lannister Army from Riverrun.

Episode 4. *AOTD attack Winterfell *Viserion kills Rhaegal *NK speaks to Jon through Bran *NK wants Jon to dual him on the batllefield outside winterfell *NK Freezes Bran inside his own mind *Melisandre uses blood magic to free Bran *With help from Brienne, Arya and Sam, Jon kills NK *Melisandre dies from her injuries

Episode 5. *Golden Company arrive at Winterfell disguised has Lannister Soldiers *Harry Strickland is among them, He meets with Tyrion *Harry informs Tyrion that his sister has come to collect his debt *Jaime notices a former Gold Cloak among the Lannister Army *Jaime stabbed by the former gold cloak *Brienne finds a bloody Jaime *Tyrion orders Harry to take Daenerys hostage *Golden Company sack Winterfell *Tyrion leaves Jon in the main hall and he sets fire to it *Sansa rescues Jon, But gets trapped and burns to death *Jon and Arya form a plan to rescue Daenerys

Comes off like bad fan fiction. However,I have always believed that Daenerys will lose another dragon, Rhaegal not Drogon. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, anamika said:

That leak is an incoherent mess. Nothing makes sense and I am still not sure what he is trying to say.

Yeah, I didn't understand it either, but the implication is that Jon/Dany make a "soft entrance" at Winterfell, leaving behind part of the Unsullied army, dragons and no dothraki. Which could explain why, and if they attack Winterfell, the GC is not defeated immediately. According to that "leak", Winterfell is being evacuated because of the breach on the Wall, and in the process of it, GC arrive and kill a part of the northern army. Apparently the GC is going to ask for some hostages and this is how Jon ends in KL. Dany, who goes back to fetch her army, arrive after Jon is gone.

Also, it appears that KL will be under siege. The NK has a dragon and can burn a hole in the wall and the wights doesn't have siege equipment. Not need for battlements construction in this case, but if Dany takes her army to get Jon, it could be the explanation of why there could be a human attack on KL. So while the are all still fighting each other, the NK is marching forward with no opposition and gathering a larger army. 

We have Dany defeating Cersei, we know already she's not in power by episode 5, and the NK arriving after, when Dany (and/or Jon) is controlling KL. 

This makes no sense so it is probably true. 

Definitely! Ha! Joke aside, I don't think is true, but we have nothing else to speculate.

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't even begin to explain how ridiculous this stuff with the GC sounds. D&D are horrible fanfic writers. Horrible!

What makes you think this is D & D ?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

What makes you think this is D & D ?

Do you think the GC is going to travel north in the books to attack Winterfell? Do you think that Jon Connington will ally with the Lannisters?

They took away the CG's purpose when they cut the Young Griff from the story. 

Also, D&D suck as writers, straight up. But that's a personal opinion. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Do you think the GC is going to travel north in the books to attack Winterfell? Do you think that Jon Connington will ally with the Lannisters?

They took away the CG's purpose when they cut the Young Griff from the story. 

Also, D&D suck as writers, straight up. But that's a personal opinion. 

I point blank put from freefolk, and said give opinions.

What makes you think this is D & D's writing?

I have no idea about the books, since they aren't finished, but Stannis sent one of his men to go and get sells swords or GC for the battle.

So show wise they can be in the North, under what context; who knows.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Edith said:

Yeah, I didn't understand it either, but the implication is that Jon/Dany make a "soft entrance" at Winterfell, leaving behind part of the Unsullied army, dragons and no dothraki. Which could explain why, and if they attack Winterfell, the GC is not defeated immediately. According to that "leak", Winterfell is being evacuated because of the breach on the Wall, and in the process of it, GC arrive and kill a part of the northern army. Apparently the GC is going to ask for some hostages and this is how Jon ends in KL. Dany, who goes back to fetch her army, arrive after Jon is gone.

Yeah, this still does not make sense to me. It also does not align with filming spoilers that we have. Kit Harington has been filming a lot at Moneyglass for months now, but Jon just makes an appearance to surrender? There's a conversation in the crypt between two characters and it's rumored to be Jon/Arya or Jon/Tyrion before the attack, but here Jon only gets there after the GC is winning their battle against Winterfell.

Timelines also does not make sense. Euron has to go to Essos and get the GC and go to Winterfell and still gets there before Jon/Dany? I know this is D&D, but still. And if this is Euron, that means they sail, which means they land in White Harbor. Which is where Jon/Dany are landing. So how come they don't know about GC?

Also the Dany stuff sounds hilarious. The Dothraki are riding for Winterfell on the kingsroad. Jon/Dany are planning to meet them on that road. Where is it that Dany is supposedly leaving her unsullied, Dothraki and dragons that it's taking her ages to get to and from them? We have also seen Dany summon her dragons from wherever and they can get to her in a jiffy.

And evacuating Winterfell? What was the point of Sansa hoarding all that food at Winterfell if she decides to evacuate as soon as they hear about the AOTD marching on them. What's with all the possible dragonglass spikes on the walls or even just ordinary spikes on there to prevent enemies climbing the walls. It looks like Winterfell putting up a fight rather than evacuating.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't even begin to explain how ridiculous this stuff with the GC sounds. D&D are horrible fanfic writers. Horrible!

Everything GC so far is pure speculation. IIRC, all the "leakers" who mentioned it have been debunked or admitted/pretended they were trolled themselves. It isn't because something is published on freefolk that it's serious info.

I'm sure that D&D will be blamed whatever they do (heck, I might as well hate what they'll do, in the end) but holding them responsible for some troll's fanfiction without any kind of positive proof is pushing things a wee bit too far, if I may.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Everything GC so far is pure speculation. IIRC, all the "leakers" who mentioned it have been debunked or admitted/pretended they were trolled themselves. It isn't because something is published on freefolk that it's serious info.

I think the GC speculation is discussed because WOTW introduced the idea. They talked about the Lannister army attacking winterfell based on some grainy pics and it's possible they have some insider info.

http://watchersonthewall.com/exciting-night-shoots-ongoing-winterfell-game-thrones-season-8/

In addition to the photos, WotW reader Catháir captured this video of the filming. You can hear the voices of the performers/extras come into the video about 45 seconds in, with the men shouting in sync. Catháir speculates based on what we’re hearing, the soldiers might be using a battering ram; this is certainly possible and could explain them counting/chanting in unison.n addition to the photos, WotW reader Catháir captured this video of the filming. You can hear the voices of the performers/extras come into the video about 45 seconds in, with the men shouting in sync. Catháir speculates based on what we’re hearing, the soldiers might be using a battering ram; this is certainly possible and could explain them counting/chanting in unison.

In the comments Sue mentions that it's possible for the GC to get there quickly.

Considering that WOTW have been wrong before, I agree that it's not a sure thing. But also considering how nonsensical D & D's writing have become over the last two seasons, anything's possible.

With regard to the books, no army is going North. Stannis wants Massey to bring him mercenaries, but Stannis himself is stuck in a snowstorm unable to move. In the books, I think the Others will overwhelm the North and folks will flee south. That will be how the south will get involved. There will be a big battle at the trident mirroring Dany's dreams.

On the show it looks like Winterfell falls. Whether from WW atttack or from human attack is not known. It looks like the characters will then go south to KL where the final confrontation between good guys Vs NK and good guys Vs Cersei will happen. Judging from the size of the KL set and the filming spoilers that there will be fire involved - I think this is where a lot of characters will meet their ending.

4 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

I'm sure that D&D will be blamed whatever they do (heck, I might as well hate what they'll do, in the end) but holding them responsible for some troll's fanfiction without any kind of positive proof is pushing things a wee bit too far, if I may.

Look, I get it, it's all speculation and people creating their own stories based on very blurry pictures, but honestly, after the drivel from last season, would this thing with the GC shock anyone? 

58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Look, I get it, it's all speculation and people creating their own stories based on very blurry pictures, but honestly, after the drivel from last season, would this thing with the GC shock anyone? 

I don't think that last season was a drivel at all. So yes, it would shock me.

5 hours ago, anamika said:

I think the GC speculation is discussed because WOTW introduced the idea. They talked about the Lannister army attacking winterfell based on some grainy pics and it's possible they have some insider info.

http://watchersonthewall.com/exciting-night-shoots-ongoing-winterfell-game-thrones-season-8/

In the comments Sue mentions that it's possible for the GC to get there quickly.

Considering that WOTW have been wrong before, I agree that it's not a sure thing.

Exactly. WoTW's interpretation has been wrong before and their inside sources could troll them, too. Again, not saying either that it won't happen. But no matter what D&D did, we don't know if they did that yet.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

Exactly. WoTW's interpretation has been wrong before and their inside sources could troll them, too. Again, not saying either that it won't happen. But no matter what D&D did, we don't know if they did that yet.

I don't understand how or why they attached what I said came from Freefolk poster as something that D & D wrote or could write, I asked for opinions on what the poster put, never mentioned D & D.

And I know of the Connington tie in and Dorne, and F Aegon etc.

And I agree last year wasn't drivel, had some eye rolls, but happens when people are rushing a story.

• Love 3

I agree too. Last season had its rushed parts, that's true, but it was not a drivel.

12 hours ago, doram said:

Jon and Aegon allying with the Lannisters after the sack of King's Landing, the rape of Aegon's mother and the murder of his sister...

Also, why Jon Connington or Aegon opinion about the Lannister is important in the show? They are, as far we know, only book characters, not related at all to the Show!GC.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I don't understand how or why they attached what I said came from Freefolk poster as something that D & D wrote or could write, I asked for opinions on what the poster put, never mentioned D & D.

Just in case, I know that it wasn't what you meant, and that's why I didn't answer to you directly or quote you (although sometimes, when a discussion is long it's hard to quote everyone).

After we were so spoiled last year (bad pun intended) the withdrawal isn't easy and being the last season, the stakes are higher. The fact that it will probably be the book endings for the main characters makes them higher still. I know that my love for this show would considerably wane if I don't like the ending or find it nonsensical, and I would hate it to happen.

TBH, unless there are loose lips in post-production, it's highly probable that we're back to S5 and the first true info will come with the first images. 

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

But it's not just WOTW interpretation, apart from the video, we have those pictures of Winterfell that have some sort of wooden stakes on the ground. What use can those have against WW? Those are use against attacking cavalry not wights. 

Those this mean that is confirmed that GC is attacking Winterfell? No, but sadly is not out of question, and it could had been foreshadowed last season. 

2 hours ago, Edith said:

Those this mean that is confirmed that GC is attacking Winterfell? No, but sadly is not out of question, and it could had been foreshadowed last season. 

"No", that's my point. Once more, I don't say it's out of the question or impossible or will never happen etc. but precisely, that it isn't confirmed. So maybe it would be reasonable to wait until it is indeed the GC* before blaming the writers (who aren't responsible for trolls posting false leaks anyway). Since I find the notion ridiculous at least on paper, I certainly won't be the last to roll my eyes if it does happen.

*Like close-ups on dead bodies on set pictures, like there were for 6x09.

There will be a battle in Winterfell. There will be piles of dead bodies. There are some pikes that look like defenses/protections/traps. Those are facts. 

I'm still left wondering how can anyone but the AoTD attack the North in winter. And the mother of all winters, to boot. Elephants and horses in the snow, probably several meters of it? Nah, unless those elephants are mammoths (the Dothrakis should encounter some issue with their horses, too). I know that in 5x09 the snow was deep enough for Theon and Sansa to survive a jump from Winterfell's walls while Ramsay attacked Stannis with his cavalry, but still. Maybe climate won't count more than distance, sigh. Or maybe it will make sense because there is some context we don't have, or have yet.

If the foreshadowing is Sansa vs Jon's discussion in 7x01, it could be or it could not be. It could not be, since Jon's recurring theme in particular for S7 was about convincing people that the NK was real, and Sansa represented the lords/politicians who didn't believe him and cared about petty politics over the true threat. That's how I took it then. It could be, since maybe both threats were real in the end.

One thing that makes me doubt the authenticity of any of the leaks so far is the lack of reaction from HBO or people "in the know" or with show connections. Except someone from WOTW who intervened to debunk the first batch (which happened to be the most believable, so maybe this explains that) no one seems to bat an eyelash whereas last year, for example, any discussion/speculation or even allusion to Lads' leaks were strictly forbidden and there was a kind of feverish atmosphere around them.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

"No", that's my point. Once more, I don't say it's out of the question or impossible or will never happen etc. but precisely, that it isn't confirmed. So maybe it would be reasonable to wait until it is indeed the GC* before blaming the writers (who aren't responsible for trolls posting false leaks anyway). Since I find the notion ridiculous at least on paper, I certainly won't be the last to roll my eyes if it does happen.

If the foreshadowing is Sansa vs Jon's discussion in 7x01, it could be or it could not be. It could not be, since Jon's recurring theme in particular for S7 was about convincing people that the NK was real, and Sansa represented the lords/politicians who didn't believe him and cared about petty politics over the true threat. That's how I took it then. It could be, since maybe both threats were real in the end.

I'm not saying is confirmed, that's why I use the If.

I don't believe the leaks either, none of them are true, but there's no harm in discussing them. 

Is more than 7x01 though, and Sansa did believe Jon about the WW threat, she simply was telling Jon to no forget there are other threats too.

"We must prepare for that eventuality. Every direction the threat comes from, this is the best place to be".

Also, Jaime was preparing for the Lannister army to head north and the dothraki are heading north up the kings road. 

So at least by 7x07 no one thought getting an army north from the south was impossible, and if the GC is attacking WF they probably arrive by sea.

Oh and about the possibility of hostages: "I will not set foot in King's Landing while Cersei Lannister is Queen. If they want another Stark prisoner, they can come take me".

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, doram said:

Compared to what came before, it was sort of drivel

I don't see why. Even if rushed, most characters still are consistent with themselves.

2 hours ago, doram said:

The "7 Samurai Wight Adventure" was straight up fan-fiction. 

If we use "fanfiction" as that, then any adaptation is fanfiction, and if that's the case, then the word "fanfiction" already lost its meaning.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Edith said:

I'm not saying is confirmed, that's why I use the If.

I don't believe the leaks either, none of them are true, but there's no harm in discussing them. 

Is more than 7x01 though, and Sansa did believe Jon about the WW threat, she simply was telling Jon to no forget there are other threats too.

"We must prepare for that eventuality. Every direction the threat comes from, this is the best place to be".

Also, Jaime was preparing for the Lannister army to head north and the dothraki are heading north up the kings road. 

So at least by 7x07 no one thought getting an army north from the south was impossible, and if the GC is attacking WF they probably arrive by sea.

Oh and about the possibility of hostages: "I will not set foot in King's Landing while Cersei Lannister is Queen. If they want another Stark prisoner, they can come take me".

You explained to me that the GC in the North was "sadly not impossible", implying I believed it was. The thing is, I merely believe "it isn't confirmed". "It isn't confirmed" was a reiteration of my opinion and not a reference to yours.

There's no harm in discussing false leaks/possibilities. My point since the beginning is, it's unfair to accuse D&D of crappy writing before it is confirmed it's their crappy writing, as opposed to some troll's fantasy.

As for an army attacking the North, I wasn't alluding to what the characters thought was possible; sorry if it wasn't clear. I meant the capacity of any army but the AoTD to lead such an attack, in the light of the actual challenges of war in winter. See: Napoleon, Russia. The Dothrakis are heading North, yes, but if there are several meters of snow on the ground, I don't see how they could attack the way they did the loot train. It should, realistically, be an issue. Same for the Lannister cavalry or the GC cavalry and elephants (not used to cold climates). The GC can arrive by sea, it won't spare them a long march in the snow since Winterfell is situated in the middle of the continent and it's precisely in the North that winter should be at its worst. Maybe those elements like geography, climate and the reality of warfare won't factor on the show, but they should. They did when Stannis launched his march on Winterfell, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Foreshadowing can only be significant in hindsight. It's a possibility, but it could be that people took a seemingly ominous sentence to build a theory so it might as well not pan out.

Edited by Happy Harpy

Season 8 needs some combination of : Valley Forge, Napoleon's failed Russian campaign, Battle of Stalingrad and Swiss Russian campaign to be realistic.

Can't gloss over it, but with only six episodes can't do complete justice either.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GrailKing said:

Just saw this on FF: I don't know Spanish, but from the FF people the jest of the article is Jon may marry a northern girl to appease the lords?

tnv3neivc4l01.jpg

Nothing of the sort. At least not on this page.

The first paragraph is KH's answer to a question that must be on the page before the one pictured.  I'll translate:

KH: Yes, it's a connection.  Maybe someone has found out something I don't know (laughs).

XL: You have admitted that it took a great effort not to laugh when filming sex scenes with Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen in the series)

KH: Yes, it took effort. When you know someone only a little bit and you have to film a sex scene with them, that doesn't happen, it's easier to be serious. But when you have known someone for 8 years, and she is a good friend, and you have to film a sex scene with her, you could burst into laughter, you have to concentrate a lot to remain serious.

XL: Did that happen to you with Rose Leslie (his partner in real life and in the series as Ygritte)?

KH: No, that didn't happen to me with Rose (laughs). When we filmed those scenes we were already a couple.

XL: Is it going to be difficult to leave Jon Snow behind?

KH: I think so, but I don't I should try to leave him behind because he is part of my career, my history. That's the way it is, and it can't bother me.

XL: What do you have in common with your character?

KH: He's partly my creation, there's a lot of me in him.

---------------------

Now the bit on the side with the pictures of Missandei, Dany and a stranger, are speculation from the paper as to who Jon Snow could end up with.  They say it's their own staff submitting theories:

"Jon Snow has gained importance in Game of Thrones, he is already a King and could sit on the Iron Throne.  Who would be his Queen? Our team has made its bets"

And then under every picture the reasoning for the speculation, but it's no more informed than what fans do in boards across the world.  Missandei as Queen is new to me, though.  Is that a thing out there? Are people rooting for Jon and Missandei to get together?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

Are people rooting for Jon and Missandei to get together?

They would make very beautiful children.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, GrailKing said:

@  W T ,  thanks for translation.

The bottom right looks like Rose or Sophie, I guess many persons  having that thought.

What would Missandei bring???

First I heard of it.

No, they specifically say a new person. Here's what it says under each picture (the arguments the staff make for each Queen):

MISSANDEI
Started as a translator for Daenerys, then she became her adviser and even took part in important decisions. She is intelligent and loyal. And her partner, Grey Worm, is a eunuch...

DAENERYS

Now we know that Jon is her nephew. Will they continue to be together? There's always the possibility that Daenerys would turn evil, after all, she's a Targaryen and daughter of the Mad King

ANOTHER

One season is long enough. It is possible that the Game of Thrones writers would introduce a new female character who would become a new and definitive love for Jon Snow

------------------------------------

But, again, I wouldn't put any stock into these blurbs, they are speculation from the magazine's staff. More to the point, if one of them thinks that if Jon lives his queen would be some woman we have never met, then this person has clearly not watched the show (or much television), or read the books.  D&D have had their blunders, but I'd think even they are smart enough to know introducing a new love interest for Jon this late in the game would be a disaster,

Personally, I think Daenerys will be Jon's last partner in the TV show.  Even if she were to die and he were to live, I don't think we would see a Dany replacement on the screen, unless they do a time jump of a few years and we see Jon with some new face ruling Westeros, which would have no emotional impact whatsoever.

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, WearyTraveler said:

No, they specifically say a new person. Here's what it says under each picture (the arguments the staff make for each Queen):

Yeah, I think it's too late for a new interest, a forced political one could be, and I don't know if a redhead was a tease, but I can see Aly Karstark ( if she lives ) as a political match.

I can see Missandei as a Council member, not a Queen  or a political advantage for the whole realm.

But it's all guess work at the moment.   

(edited)
3 hours ago, GrailKing said:

Yeah, I think it's too late for a new interest, a forced political one could be, and I don't know if a redhead was a tease, but I can see Aly Karstark ( if she lives ) as a political match.

I can see Missandei as a Council member, not a Queen  or a political advantage for the whole realm.

But it's all guess work at the moment.   

Nathalie hasn’t been seen in Belfast since January, so there is speculation that she has already wrapped for the season. Jacob Anderson was spotted in Belfast along with Kit, Emilia and Peter not long ago.

What’s more ominous perhaps is that Daniel Portman hasn’t been seen in Belfast for the past few months even though they’re filming a big battle sequence and Gwendoline Christie has been in and out of Belfast over that time period. /Kaysen762 at /Freefolk claims that Portman has been off filming Robert the Bruce. I can’t confirm (it’s not listed on his IMDB), but the lack of Portman sightings, coupled with the fact that Pod has been all but glued to Brienne’s hip for the past few seasons, is not a good sign. It doesn’t bode well for Pod.

It is possible that, say, Brienne tasks Pod with helping Sansa and all the other noncombatants escape, which would explain why Portman isn’t filming the battle scenes. Would anyone really be surprised if Pod bites it, though?

On another note, I’m wondering what those Emilia scenes filmed last week at Moneyglass (Winterfell exterior/field full of corpses) were. According to IrishThrones, these were huge Emilia scenes. The scenes were also some of the last or even the last shot at Moneyglass.

Based on the corpse piles seen, my guess is that the scenes were Dany surveying the post-battle battlefield littered with the corpses of Unsullied (and/or Dothraki). Maybe Dany has to burn the bodies of her former loyal followers to prevent wightification. Those would be big scenes indeed.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Those bodies being burned maybe by Danny, is getting a fair amount of talk.

I haven't heard or read much about Portman , and though I like him with Sansa ( in show ) I don't think he'll make it.

56 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Jacob Anderson was spotted in Belfast along with Kit, Emilia and Peter not long ago.

On another note, I’m wondering what those Emilia scenes filmed last week at Moneyglass (Winterfell exterior/field full of corpses) were. According to IrishThrones, these were huge Emilia scenes. The scenes were also some of the last or even the last shot at Moneyglass.

Based on the corpse piles seen, my guess is that the scenes were Dany surveying the post-battle battlefield littered with the corpses of Unsullied (and/or Dothraki). Maybe Dany has to burn the bodies of her former loyal followers to prevent wightification. Those would be big scenes indeed.

Was Jacob Anderson spotted during the Moneyglass/battle filming? Even more, any mention of dothraki extras filming on that set? 

I remember there was a spoiler of Unsullied with dragonglass spears, but I think that was in Toome before the Winterfell set was finished.

Yes, I thought too that could be what Emilia was filming, and it could be a very harsh scene for her. 

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Nathalie hasn’t been seen in Belfast since January, so there is speculation that she has already wrapped for the season. Jacob Anderson was spotted in Belfast along with Kit, Emilia and Peter not long ago.

What’s more ominous perhaps is that Daniel Portman hasn’t been seen in Belfast for the past few months even though they’re filming a big battle sequence and Gwendoline Christie has been in and out of Belfast over that time period. /Kaysen762 at /Freefolk claims that Portman has been off filming Robert the Bruce. I can’t confirm (it’s not listed on his IMDB), but the lack of Portman sightings, coupled with the fact that Pod has been all but glued to Brienne’s hip for the past few seasons, is not a good sign. It doesn’t bode well for Pod.

It is possible that, say, Brienne tasks Pod with helping Sansa and all the other noncombatants escape, which would explain why Portman isn’t filming the battle scenes. Would anyone really be surprised if Pod bites it, though?

One of Pod's main roles have been giving someone for Brienne to play off. With Jaime coming North this season Brienne could potentially have a new scene partner. That Nikolaj and Gwendoline have had similar filming schedules supports this.

Pod's a likely early death because the audience knows and cares about him, but he doesn't have an arc to complete nor is he likely to have a massive impact on the plotline.

• Love 1

Reddit leak to go with Talking Thrones vid.

4 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

One of Pod's main roles have been giving someone for Brienne to play off. With Jaime coming North this season Brienne could potentially have a new scene partner. That Nikolaj and Gwendoline have had similar filming schedules supports this.

Pod's a likely early death because the audience knows and cares about him, but he doesn't have an arc to complete nor is he likely to have a massive impact on the plotline.

Wasn't one of the "leaked" Plots, he dies protecting Sansa? 

Sure he's toast, his rod isn't of use up north, at least for now.

Poor Pod. : (

@GrailKing I didn't see the videdo or read the whole "leak", just the first part and is definitely fake. 

The fact that Jon refers himself as KITN when last season, not only did he bend the knee but signed as WOTN the letter he send to Sansa in episode 7. 

Leaks are fake. They are fake. At least give a “leak” that DOESNT have Tyrion betraying Dany, cause at least that would be new and different. These “leaks” aren’t even creative anymore.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Edith said:

@GrailKing I didn't see the videdo or read the whole "leak", just the first part and is definitely fake. 

The fact that Jon refers himself as KITN when last season, not only did he bend the knee but signed as WOTN the letter he send to Sansa in episode 7. 

2 hours ago, GraceK said:

Leaks are fake. They are fake. At least give a “leak” that DOESNT have Tyrion betraying Dany, cause at least that would be new and different. These “leaks” aren’t even creative anymore.

I just added the "supposed leaks", that TT was using as a basis for his video, nothing more.

As for Tyrion, I'm on the fence, more because in book he has resentment towards Sansa.

And I laughed mightily at " I'm Sansa Stark of Winterfell........"

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Edith said:

Was Jacob Anderson spotted during the Moneyglass/battle filming? Even more, any mention of dothraki extras filming on that set? 

Jacob Anderson was spotted along with Kit, Emilia and Peter in a Belfast pub two (?) weeks ago, so he has been around for Moneyglass.

14 hours ago, whateverdgaf said:

Yes, exactly. It does occur to me, of course, that if Pod is going to die in this battle, Portman would have to show up for at least part of the filming, and he hasn't been seen at all. It may be a  Sophie Turner situation where the actor's character just isn't part of the battle in any way, shape or form.

The exact quote from /Kaysen762 over at /Freefolk:

While all these battles at Winterfell are taking place, Daniel Portman has been busy filming on Robert The Bruce. I think Pod is dead.

There are actually two Robert the Bruce projects in the works: one is The Outlaw King (with Jeor Mormont and Stannis' actors) coming to Netflix this fall, and the other is currently filming. Daniel Portman's Instagram shows him in costume on set, so I'm guessing it's the latter.

I guess the 2019 Robert the Bruce is a TV show, which is why /Kaysen762 thinks it's a sign that Pod dies. Sophie hasn't been filming for two months, but at least she has indicated she's coming back for summer filming. 

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Jacob Anderson was spotted along with Kit, Emilia and Peter in a Belfast pub two (?) weeks ago, so he has been around for Moneyglass.

I meant during the whole Moneyglass battle filming. I know Maisie, Gwendoline, Nikolaj, Kit and others were spotted a lot last month but I don't remember seeing Jacob's name. That's what I'm asking. 

Sophie hasn't been filming for two months, but at least she has indicated she's coming back for summer filming. 

Sophie was in Belfast in January. I think the last time was towards the end of that month. 

Edited by Edith

I didn't read the whole 'leak' but it got progressively more preposterous. I have predicted that Jon would leave WF undermanned while he went to fight the NK, but him trying to conceal from the North that Cersei has betrayed them when the utter lack of Lannister troops except Jaime would show everyone that Cersei's no ally? Ridiculous. Brienne runs cravenly away from protecting Bran? Absurd. The death of Sansa - well, while I wouldn't discount her death happening, I'd expect it to be high tragedy and it comes off as farce instead. And Tyrion cold-bloodedly betraying everyone - including the world, since Jon is fighting the NK to save the world - for Cersei? Especially Show Tyrion, when the showrunners carefully sanded off all of Book Tyrion's sleazy traits and actions and made him St. Tyrion the Martyr? Laughable.

Now I'm worrying that it IS real and the finale WILL be just that crappy.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Edith said:

I meant during the whole Moneyglass battle filming. I know Maisie, Gwendoline, Nikolaj, Kit and others were spotted a lot last month but I don't remember seeing Jacob's name. That's what I'm asking. 

I have no idea. All those cast sightings tend to blend together. I know that Gwen and Emilia peaced out for most (all?) of February. Gwendoline and NCW are currently away from Belfast again.

Sophie was in Belfast in January. I think the last time was towards the end of that month.

About two months ago, yes.

Aerial film view of S8 film set, via /Freefolk. It's not the Moneyglass location, though; it's Saintfield (where the BOTB was filmed). It looks like they may be filming something in the trees, since there's a clearing with what looks like fake snow.

Interesting tidbit posted in that comment thread about the NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) regarding the Moneyglass (Saintfield?) filming:

PYROTECHNICS AND AERIAL FILMING FROM A CRANE WI 1NM RADIUS 545622N 0062600W (MONEYGLASS, NORTHERN IRELAND). PYROTECHNICS UP TO 1000FT AGL. FOR INFO 07739225151. 2018-02-0294/AS2

LOWER: Surface, UPPER: 1,300 Feet AMSL FROM: 22 Feb 2018 15:00 GMT TO: 21 Apr 2018 01:00 GMT (02:00 BST) SCHEDULE: FEB 22 - MAR 23 1500-0300, MAR 24 1500-0200, MAR 25 - APR 20 1400-0200

Interestingly, the schedule goes until April 20th, even though Moneyglass filming wrapped last week according to IrishThrones. This must be something else.

Looks like it's all night shoots, since the filming times are all between 3 pm and 1 am (with February 22 through March 23 going to 3 am).

Lastly, some good stuff from Variety. An executive at HBO talked about the table read:

“It was a really powerful moment in our lives and our careers,” said Francesca Orsi, HBO SVP of drama, who took part in a panel titled “The Best of HBO” at the INTV Conference in Israel. “None of the cast had received the scripts prior, and one by one they started falling down to their deaths.”

Orsi was joined on the panel by programming president Casey Bloys with drama chiefs David Levine, moderated by WME’s Marc Korman.

She said that at the table read of the final six scripts (“a dream opportunity,” she said), everyone stood up and applauded for 15 to 20 minutes. “It was amazing,” she said of the episodes, which will air in 2019. “By the very end, everyone looked down and looked up and tears were in their eyes.”

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, screamin said:

nd Tyrion cold-bloodedly betraying everyone - including the world, since Jon is fighting the NK to save the world - for Cersei? Especially Show Tyrion, when the showrunners carefully sanded off all of Book Tyrion's sleazy traits and actions and made him St. Tyrion the Martyr? Laughable.

This. All of this. People are tripping all over themselves , especially on Freefolk with this Tyrion betrays everyone theory. It gets more and more outlandish. Personally I think it’s more about hating Sansa and wanting her die more than anything else. And I don’t give 2 craps about the “ original outline “. They have clearly surpassed and changed almost everything about the original outline that people clinging to it need to move on IMO. 

At this point in the show, Tyrion is too firmly rooted in his heroic nature to pull such a Judas move. Especially for Cersei. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Aerial film view of S8 film set, via /Freefolk. It's not the Moneyglass location, though; it's Saintfield (where the BOTB was filmed). It looks like they may be filming something in the trees, since there's a clearing with what looks like fake snow.

Interesting tidbit posted in that comment thread about the NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) regarding the Moneyglass (Saintfield?) filming:

Interestingly, the schedule goes until April 20th, even though Moneyglass filming wrapped last week according to IrishThrones. This must be something else.

Looks like it's all night shoots, since the filming times are all between 3 pm and 1 am (with February 22 through March 23 going to 3 am).

All night shoots? Long Night indeed! 

EveryFckngChicken from freefolk thinks there are  stuntmen heading to Saintfield, near the place were BOB was filmed and the Sansa/Arya/Bran scene in the godswood. Also:

Edited by Edith
4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Lastly, some good stuff from Variety. An executive at HBO talked about the table read:

I thought that Maisie and Emilia, at the very least, read their scripts at home?

Francesca Orsi is the exec who made the asinine comment about the Little Big Lies cast "raping" HBO.

48 minutes ago, Edith said:

All night shoots? Long Night indeed! 

We're all going to be adjusting the brightness settings on our screens, given how poorly lit GOT is.

EveryFckngChicken from freefolk thinks there are  stuntmen heading to Saintfield, near the place were BOB was filmed and the Sansa/Arya/Bran scene in the godswood. Also:

So where there's smoke, there's fire...?

Smoke + stuntmen + Saintfield S7 godswood clearing decked out with fake snow = godswood burning???

I guess if Winterfell goes up in flames, there's no reason the godswood should be spared.

Probably not a Jon/Dany wedding, what with stuntmen supposedly being involved...although I guess in true Dothraki tradition the wedding could have multiple deaths.

14 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

I thought that Maisie and Emilia, at the very least, read their scripts at home?

Yes, and Rose Leslie talked about Kit getting his scripts in advance of the table read, so considerable amounts of salt are warranted. I am interested in what it potentially implies for the body count. I thought S8 would be a little light on the deaths (we're pretty much down to about 30 characters total). I have to revisit the S8 dead pool thread.

My best current guess?

Guaranteed to die: Beric, the Mountain, Qyburn, Jaime, Euron, Cersei, Melisandre, Varys, Tormund (I'm guessing Brienne survives and that D&D aren't going to want to answer questions from fans about whether or not Tormund and Brienne ever get together), the NK

Likely doomed: Pod, Grey Worm, Jorah, Theon (his nice moment with Jon in S7 seemed like a death flag to me), Alys Karstark, Ned Umber, Dolorous Edd

Could go either way: Sansa, the Hound, Missandei, Bronn, Yara

Probably safe: Tyrion, Brienne, Lyanna Mormont, Davos

Safe as houses: Jon, Dany, Sam, Gilly, Little Sam, Bran, Arya