Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, Eyes High said:

6. A marine coordinator is credited for 8x04 (as well as 8x01, 8x05 and 8x06).

Maybe that's one way they might fight the Night King - at Hardhome we saw that he (probably) can't freeze the sea, so potentially a naval assault on the Army of the Dead (lobbing vials of Wildfire at them, perhaps?) might actually be the safest way of inflicting casualties. He could presumably respond by moving inland - although if he's assaulting a port city he'd be vulnerable to naval harassment. Though given the (real world) expense and time of filming at sea it's unlikely, or we'd have heard more about it.

From WOTW:

By season, Cogman’s must-rewatch episodes are:

Season 1: “Winter Is Coming” (E1), “The Kingsroad” (E2), “Baelor” (E9), “Fire and Blood” (E10)

Season 2: “What Is Dead May Never Die” (E3), “The Old Gods and The New” (E6), “Blackwater” (E9)

Season 3: “Walk of Punishment” (E3), “And Now His Watch is Ended” (E4), “Kissed By Fire” (E5), “The Rains of Castamere” (E9)

Season 4: “The Laws of Gods and Men” (E6), “The Mountain and The Viper” (E8), “The Children” (E10)

Season 5: “Hardhome” (E8)

Season 6: “The Door” (E5), “The Battle of the Bastards” (E9), “The Winds of Winter” (E10)

Season 7: “The Queen’s Justice” (E3), “Spoils of War” (E4), “The Dragon and The Wolf” (E7)

It’s getting down to the wire for rewatches, but we can always make time for these amazing episodes. Only 16 days to go!

Remember NCW saying his last scene was beautiful ?

Obviously I can’t tell you what the scene was. It wasn’t the final scene (of the series), but it was close to the end and it was shot at a beautiful location. At this point, I had seen quite a lot of colleagues wrap, so I had seen a lot of tears, beautiful speeches, and I knew what to expect. I didn’t expect to be emotional, so I don’t know what happened. I had [an] allergy, there was something in my eye. My final scene was beautiful.

I think this is a scene that has Bran and Brienne in it. All 3 actors were around first week of June - in some matching T-shirts for charity in a field somewhere - and now Isaac talks of his last scene in similar terms.

fadzliu6tdp21.png

So I would say that Bran, Brienne and Jaime most likely have a scene towards the end and it's beautiful - either by virtue of the location they shot or the nature of the scene.

Edited by anamika
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Storywise I would expect Brienne to be there when Jaime dies. She could find his body after, but there is no drama in that. It is possible that Bran is there also. Considering that Jaime pushed him out a window, there would be drama of having Bran there when Jaime takes his last breath also.

I have to admit I still don't understand how the plot of everyone fleeing to KL scenes will play out. It reminds of me about when I heard about the wight hunt spoilers. I didn't think that story made any sense and that opinion was reinforced when it played out on the screen. I hope the KL one plays out better.

(edited)
8 hours ago, anamika said:

I think this is a scene that has Bran and Brienne in it. All 3 actors were around first week of June - in some matching T-shirts for charity in a field somewhere - and now Isaac talks of his last scene in similar terms.

fadzliu6tdp21.png

So I would say that Bran, Brienne and Jaime most likely have a scene towards the end and it's beautiful - either by virtue of the location they shot or the nature of the scene.

At first I thought he was talking about Seville, but mid-May isn’t exactly summer. Also, Peter Dinklage spoke movingly about watching a young actor who had grown up on the show filming their last scene, which could equally apply to Isaac and Sophie, so it would be weird to talk about being moved by Sophie filming her last scene while another actor who had grown up on the show filmed his last scene at the same time. 

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, Lemuria said:

GrailKing, may I ask what promo this is?

No one knows. 

Not a GOT trailer, maybe a tease or some GOT promo.

About 11 PM ET

Edited by GrailKing

Five minutes into his new video, Friki explains how he isn't going to do spoilers anymore.

Edit: Won't do it through his channel, won't do it through a third person. HBO threatens to sue him for copyright violation and thief of property, industrial espionnage (?). Basically 23 minutes of explanations and then telling people not to leave his channel or something.

Edited by Happy Harpy

Well, I guess I'll go back to my old ways and wait for a recap/spoilers before I watch the episode.

The worst is, most fleakers were done trolling because there were real leaks. Now they're probably going to be back with a vengeance.😒

Edited by Happy Harpy

On the one hand it6's ashame, but on the other season is almost here and this is our last chance to surprised about the story. It will feel good to feel that again lol

Edited by nikma
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, nikma said:

But why would you wait for spoilers before you watch the episode? 

Because I want to know what happens before I watch, which is the very point of "spoilers"?

Another point from the video, it seems that something changed vs previous seasons: HBO can sue Frikidoctor directly in Spain now, if my rusty Spanish got it right that's why they invoke stealing their industrial property.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Happy Harpy said:

Because I want to know what happens before I watch, which is the very point of "spoilers"?

Yeah, but i never heard that someone waits for spoilers when episode is already there. 

Well that sucks about Friki. I enjoy spoilers and they actually psych me up for a television show. I guess I don't like surprises either @Happy Harpy. I really don't see what the big deal is because spoilers haven't been a problem for the ratings in the past and therefore haven't really hurt HBO or the show in any meaningful way (if at all). I get them wanting to keep spoilers off the mainstream media because then people can be inadvertently spoiled who don't like spoilers but when it happens on reddit or someone's personal YouTube channel, there's little chance of someone finding it unless they're specifically looking for spoilers. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, anamika said:

I've already replied to this post, but I think I've changed my mind in the intervening hours.

Isaac says in the quote that he came back to Belfast after wrapping filming to do the EW cover shoot, and that was his last time on the GOT set. At the end of that week when he was in Belfast, he took off to the United States for a month. So unless the cover shoot was in July, I think Isaac was in Belfast in early June for the EW cover shoot and that he wrapped in Seville with Sophie and others.

(edited)
1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

Do you read spoiler synopsis for books until you read them too? How do you even handle horror movies?

I check out the last pages beforehand or I get spoilers in case it's a series, yes; The MovieSpoilers/The MoviePooper were my friends back when I still watched movies. It happens that I don't actively look for spoilers, but usually it's when I'm only a casual viewer/not invested. I don't care for things that work only on the surprise factor. Surprise is a cheap trick, a distraction, for me the real quality is elsewhere and I enjoy books, movies and shows more without it.

10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Anyone watching Walking Dead? I think that was a new trailer. Had some scenes I hadn't seen before

There was a new trailer it seems, indeed:

https://old.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/b7v9py/new_footage/

Tyrion saying "die", Dany's back, Beric's fighting, man with a sword (Jon or the Hound?) Cersei's shot, Varys/Dadvos/Tyrion were new footage, I think. Arya's shot seemed just reversed,

Edited by Happy Harpy
43 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I've already replied to this post, but I think I've changed my mind in the intervening hours.

Isaac says in the quote that he came back to Belfast after wrapping filming to do the EW cover shoot, and that was his last time on the GOT set. At the end of that week when he was in Belfast, he took off to the United States for a month. So unless the cover shoot was in July, I think Isaac was in Belfast in early June for the EW cover shoot and that he wrapped in Seville with Sophie and others. 

I think Sophie was the only actor to wrap in Seville and the rest continued filming. Isaac's description - of not taking the car back to the base and just walking there from the set because it was a beautiful summer evening - tells me that he filmed his last scene for the show on set in Belfast and not at Italica.

Plus if Sophie and Isaac are talking about the same single scene shot over 5 days in Seville, then their descriptions seem to be markedly different; Isaac - beautiful. Sophie - Long and boring.

I do agree that they may have done some promo stuff - magazine shoots, interviews etc - that week, considering many actors (Gwen, NCW etc.) were wrapping the series. Sophie mentioned there being a documentary crew  for when she wrapped. Looking back at first week of June, looks like Conan was there. Could be EW was there as well on the KL set.

(edited)

From GoTlikeLocations on Freefolk, about their experience with HBO/trying to get spoilers for S8. (link)

Honestly, I'm not surprised about how this has evolved and about Friki's decision. I could tell endless stories about what I have experienced around the sets of season 8 last year, be it in Northern Ireland or in Spain. Some of those stories are incredibly ridiculous. But multiple times they made it totally clear that they would do literally ANYTHING to prevent spoilers this time. I was directly warned countless times, I was followed and threatened, they permanently and deliberately did things that are with no doubt illegal, especially under EU legislation. The security guys were under a pressure you simply cannot imagine if you have not met them in those situations in real life. It has never been that bad before in earlier seasons.

They know they could be sued for that shit they did but they also know who has the greater power of endurance in the end. A multi-million dollar enterprise who thinks that their profits are at stake because of the reveal of some secrets about a TV show or some fans with a bunch of followers on social media channels.

After all the things I have seen last year, it would have just been totally weird if they wouldn't take any measure (as dirty as it may be) to stop Friki.

Edited by Happy Harpy
(edited)

Finally some Tyrion.

It's a testament to how badly D&D have screwed over the North in the show, when the southerners have to tell them - 'Winter has come, you fools!'.

Looks like Tyrion, Varys, Davos and Sansa from the earlier trailer are all looking at Jon on Rhaegal along with Dany...

Edited by anamika
  • Love 4

I like the part of; Tyrion We band together or we all die, blocking out Jon, but Sansa on Jon's right and Danny on his left.

Danny could be looking at Jon, Sansa not to happy or deep in thoughts.

Could we be seeing Beric's death scene ?

Varys, Tyrion and Davos looking up, Jon maybe dragon riding?

View of Danny from the back of her head, could she be looking at The Wall?

(edited)

From H B story.

Demanding equal pay, on the other hand, is "a little tricky. Kit [Harington, who plays her brother Jon Snow, the King in the North] got more money than me, but he had a bigger storyline. And for the last series, he had something crazy like 70 night shoots, and I didn’t have that many. I was like, 'You know what... you keep that money.'"

Because of Jean Gray character:

"The biggest thing I took away from this movie is what mental-health problems can do to a family and friends, and how people can walk away from you because it’s too painful to see." That experience, she says, "is everywhere. It’s just that we don’t talk about it. I have had a lot of people close to me who have struggled with their mental health, including myself, so it’s something I’m really passionate about. I have had people in my life who have been the lowest of the low, the bottom of this pit, and I’ve had to fly them out to America because they just can’t get the right help in the UK. In the US, they are more willing to talk about their emotions. Or at least, more willing to talk about mental health. In the UK, we have this mentality of 'chin up, get on with it, you’ll be fine'."

Adopting Zunni:

Turner adopted Zunni, the Northern Inuit dog that played it. "Zunni was a terrible actor, really bad on set," she says. "She wouldn’t respond to any of my calls and everyone was ready to fire her, so we took her on when I was 14. She was about three feet tall and pretty big." Zunni lived till the age of 11, mostly with Turner’s long-suffering parents. 

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 1
(edited)

FF detectives at work. A keen eyed Freefolker has already deduced that the Dany scene with braid and Jon in the background is them at Dragonstone!

An episode 4 shot in the trailer?
Edited by anamika
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, anamika said:

I think Sophie was the only actor to wrap in Seville and the rest continued filming. Isaac's description - of not taking the car back to the base and just walking there from the set because it was a beautiful summer evening - tells me that he filmed his last scene for the show on set in Belfast and not at Italica.

I might be missing something, but why do you think that? The set (Italica ruins) would be a ways from the trailers and such where Isaac would remove his costume at Santiponce, right? Still, I admit that I don't think of the middle of May being "summer," so that does give me pause.

Plus if Sophie and Isaac are talking about the same single scene shot over 5 days in Seville, then their descriptions seem to be markedly different; Isaac - beautiful. Sophie - Long and boring.

It's possible that they viewed the same scene differently, though. Isaac might have thought it was beautiful because he was feeling sentimental, Sophie might have thought it was long and boring rather than beautiful because she felt it was prolonging the agony of wrapping (and indeed she gave one interview where she talked about wanting to wrap to get it done but kept having to keep it together for shot after shot).

As for Sophie being the only actor to wrap in Seville, I doubt it. Joe Dempsie claimed he wrapped in Seville and he said there were a few others who wrapped at the same time. Still, it would be odd for Sophie to be sobbing and carrying on about wrapping after being on the show since the beginning and so on if Isaac, for whom all of that is also true, wrapped the same day.

4 minutes ago, anamika said:

FF detectives at work. A keen eyed Freefolker has already deduced that the Dany scene with braid and Jon in the background is them at Dragonstone!

An episode 4 shot in the trailer?

Interesting. I remember from one recent GOT story the writer mentioned Dragonstone among the rooms on the Belfast set. So maybe it is in S8 after all.

Edited by Eyes High

Has anyone tried to match that scene to a scene in season 7? Is the silhouette of Dany’s costume consistent with any of Dany’s season 7 costumes? I wouldn’t rule out a trip to Dragonstone. TPTB said they weren’t going to pay attention to travel times and details like that. Plus, I could see Jon and Dany going to Dragonstone either related to Jon’s parentage reveal since it’s his ancestral home now too or related to Dany’s inevitable pregnancy. 

Can anyone make out exactly what Jon’s voiceover is saying over that scene where he’s in the crypt blowing out the candle lighter, with the statue (Ned?) behind him?  It sounds to me something like,  “He’s still in this war, “ but I’m not sure it makes sense. 

11 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

Can anyone make out exactly what Jon’s voiceover is saying over that scene where he’s in the crypt blowing out the candle lighter, with the statue (Ned?) behind him?  It sounds to me something like,  “He’s still in this war, “ but I’m not sure it makes sense. 

"We need to end this war" is what I heard.

• Love 1

Hmm interesting that it looks like Dany (and Jon?) are at Dragonstone in the new clip. Surely there’s no time in ep 2 for them to pop back there and then fly back to WF for the battle, so it would seemingly have to be ep 4 or later?

Maybe Dany retreats there after the WF battle because she feels like she’s failed her people (especially if there are a lot of Dothraki / Unsullied casualties)? Or maybe they need to stock up on more dragonglass so DJ have to fly back and get some?

• Love 4