Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

In the fourth Oakleaf pic, the extras appear to be holding spears. Unsullied in winter gear would be my guess.

Yes, definitely Unsullied!

"My best guess is that they’re filming segments of the big Winterfell action sequence. This separate environment may offer more of a controlled environment in which to shoot difficult stunts. Or perhaps this is part of yet another ranging beyond the Wall, but I wouldn’t think so. We’ll have to wait and see what they film in the days to come!"

A dome? 

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1

As far as armies go, looks like the Unsullied are going to be center stage in these battles. We saw dead Unsullied piled up at Moneyglass and there seems to be Unsullied here as well. The Trebuchets seem to point to a human enemy as I don't see siege weapons being used on the AOTD. They have dragons for that.

It will be interesting to see what plot device they use to neuter the dragons. With Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion in play,  both sides can win big victories rather easily.

19 hours ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

So many fake leaks and they all have one thing in common: no one seems to care enough about Bran to write a proper plot for him. You'd never think he was one of the supposed Big Five judging by the way the show has handled him so far. Or maybe he really is going to be a prop for super special Jon to realize his destiny in the show.

I'd say that's a combination of people not having much sense of what he might do and the show's choice to make him virtually emotionless means there's not much of interest to speculate on in terms of character development.  Like, the idea of Bran seeing Jaime would be crackling dramatic material (and may still be for Jaime), but it seems like Bran wouldn't care now, so it's not.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:16 PM, Edith said:

I've been thinking this too. Sophie was in London for two weeks (instead of going with her fiancé to Australia), but she was only seen Friday's and weekends. The last day of the Croatia filming, she had a premiere for her new movie in London or in a close by place and she didn't appear.

It was a film festival in California, actually.  I did wonder about that at the time, because stars generally have contract obligations to promote their work, so it would be unusual for her to miss a premiere unless she had some superseding obligation elsewhere.  It's conceivable she was filming in Ireland around that time, even if there wasn't any sign of her being present there.

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

It was a film festival in California, actually.  I did wonder about that at the time, because stars generally have contract obligations to promote their work, so it would be unusual for her to miss a premiere unless she had some superseding obligation elsewhere.  It's conceivable she was filming in Ireland around that time, even if there wasn't any sign of her being present there.

Oh my bad! I read that information at freefolk, I should have double-check it. 

Edited by Edith
On 3/16/2018 at 2:55 AM, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, if there is one thing I would bet money on in s8, it's that the boatsex baby lives.  There is no way GRRM isn't going full Targ restoration.  As has been pointed out before, why else would he make the last two people in an incest-practicing dynasty attractive, similar aged people of the opposite gender?  Not to mention all the books stuff with Dany and Jon referencing kids. GRRM's fascination with the Targs is so blatant, like he can't even be bothered to give Ned Stark's mother a name, but he finds sufficient inspiration to write numerous prequels and histories all about Targs.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be at all shocked if most of the remaining good guys get a relatively happy-ish ending.  Dany and Jon get married, have some baby Targs and assume some kind of leadership position. Bran chills in the Godswood for the rest of his days, Arya goes on adventures / is a knight for Dany and Jon / rules over something, and Sansa rules over something / marries someone who isn't a psychopath.  Tyrion gets Casterley Rock and continues to be Hand.  However, just because they all survive the long night it doesn't make things a bucket of sunshine.  Scores of family and friends have been killed, the lands are going to take a while to recover from all the damage and begin growing crops again, there will be rampant poverty and homelessness due to all the destruction, and the task of rebuilding Westeros is mammoth.

Plus, there will be plenty of deaths of the more minor characters (some that we care about and some that we hate), that will up the body count and make thongs feel more "bitter", even though those characters were always slated for death.

Also, if Nissa Nissa does suddenly spring up in s8, I think it's much more likely that there will be a twist and it isn't just a literal translation of someone being stabbed in the chest. I think the theory that Jon is AA, Dany is NN and their kid is LB (the breast baring and "sword" thrusting happening on the boat lol) is funny. But more seriously, the idea of lightbringer just being a super sword seems weird.  There are already valyrian steel swords that kill WW, and Beric has a flaming sword.  Lightbringer being an actual sword seems like a bit of a letdown.

You could literally do a Targaryen restoration with just Daenerys.

Just like how House Stark isn't ending if it's continued through Sansa and Arya.

Also he did give Ned Stark's mother a name. Her name is Lyarra Stark.

Anyways, the idea that Jon stabs Daenerys in the heart with his sword doesn't necessarily mean it'll create some super-sword. It could create something else. An effect.

Not that I think it'll happen. I had a different idea for Daenerys' end.

Edited by WindyNights
7 hours ago, anamika said:

As far as armies go, looks like the Unsullied are going to be center stage in these battles. We saw dead Unsullied piled up at Moneyglass and there seems to be Unsullied here as well. The Trebuchets seem to point to a human enemy as I don't see siege weapons being used on the AOTD. They have dragons for that.

It will be interesting to see what plot device they use to neuter the dragons. With Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion in play,  both sides can win big victories rather easily.

Hmmm I bet they don't show or explain how a desert type army from across an ocean got or made those uniforms.

Not even Sansa with help can do all that sewing.

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Honestly, I can't make out any of the figures against the green screen. I see maybe four spears so I guess it could be the Unsullied, but I can't say with any confidence.

Yeah I can't either.

7 hours ago, SeanC said:

Maisie Williams went out for the premiere and for promoting her movie (Early Man) while she was filming. She had to rush back to Belfast after her appearance on Kimmel and it was the same when she attended the premiere. Kit Harington is all over the place - he was spotted in Iceland in the morning, Belfast in the evening and New York the next morning. I am sure if Sophie really wanted to, she could have attended the premiere and jetted back to Belfast. It's a bit crazy how much traveling these guys are doing.

I don't think the filming necessarily prevented her from attending the premiere. Since it's a small indie film, maybe she was not obligated to attend it.

Plus Maisie has been spotted around Belfast so much and if Sophie was there in Belfast, they would be hanging out together - as they were in October and later in December. Last year the two of them were spotted together all the time. Unless Arya and Sansa don't share the screen too much.

I don't think we also know which actors where in Belfast at the same time as Sophie. She's been the actress we know the least about in terms of filming.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, GrailKing said:

Any guess on the Dome in the pictures?

At one point I thought maybe the glass gardens of Winterfell, but it's way to fancy for the North.

The only dome I can think of was on the Sept of Baelor. Were there other domes in the KL skyline? 

13 hours ago, anamika said:

Plus Maisie has been spotted around Belfast so much and if Sophie was there in Belfast, they would be hanging out together - as they were in October and later in December. Last year the two of them were spotted together all the time. Unless Arya and Sansa don't share the screen too much.

I don't think we also know which actors where in Belfast at the same time as Sophie. She's been the actress we know the least about in terms of filming.

If Sophie has mostly interior scenes in S8, she could have done most of them in the fall in a matter of weeks. She filmed her S6 and S7 scene over a fairly short period of time.

We know at the very least Sophie hasn't been seen in Belfast since late January, and we also know that Maisie was pretty active in Belfast over the past few months. We also know that Sophie's filming Heavy in Toronto this month, and given that it's a small indie project, it's unlikely to take that long to film. Someone at /Freefolk claimed that she has a project that will be filming through May or June (nor sure if they meant Heavy or yet another project), but I guess we'll have to see. 

Sophie seemed to suggest in that Coveteur interview she did recently that she'd be filming in the summer, so she's likely going to be coming back. Going off the mother/daughter casting news, and assuming filming is supposed to end in late June, it sounds like chaotic mass scenes in KL (riots? WW attacks?) will be the last thing filmed. If Sansa ends up in KL, it would make sense for Sophie to be a part of that.

On 17/3/2018 at 7:18 PM, SeanC said:

I'd say that's a combination of people not having much sense of what he might do and the show's choice to make him virtually emotionless means there's not much of interest to speculate on in terms of character development.  Like, the idea of Bran seeing Jaime would be crackling dramatic material (and may still be for Jaime), but it seems like Bran wouldn't care now, so it's not.

The show hasn't cared about him since season two and it was cemented in season six where 90% of his flashbacks were connected to R+L=J in some way. I just don't think Bran will have much of an impact in the show, and by making him emotionless and Not Bran, there's even less emotional investment than there was to begin with. It sucks 'cause he's one of my favorites in the book and one of the sweetest and most empathetic characters, but he's been without a clear personality for several seasons now. I wish they'd at least highlighted some of his true nature before, in a sense, killing him off. 

21 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

The show hasn't cared about him since season two and it was cemented in season six where 90% of his flashbacks were connected to R+L=J in some way. I just don't think Bran will have much of an impact in the show, and by making him emotionless and Not Bran, there's even less emotional investment than there was to begin with. It sucks 'cause he's one of my favorites in the book and one of the sweetest and most empathetic characters, but he's been without a clear personality for several seasons now. I wish they'd at least highlighted some of his true nature before, in a sense, killing him off. 

Which is a shame since I think Bran is the most important person in defeating the night king, even more important than Jon or dany.

I think the producers would give Bran his personality back, then kill him off.  They might see that as dramatic.

I would be happy if they give back Bran's personality.  I don't think GRMM would erase his personality.  But, who knows.  Bran is important to GRRM but not the producers.

39 minutes ago, Sunshinegal said:

Which is a shame since I think Bran is the most important person in defeating the night king, even more important than Jon or dany.

I think the producers would give Bran his personality back, then kill him off.  They might see that as dramatic.

I would be happy if they give back Bran's personality.  I don't think GRMM would erase his personality.  But, who knows.  Bran is important to GRRM but not the producers.

GRRM would totally kill off Bran's personality as his endgame. That's probably where he's leading to although I think D & D did it much earlier than what GRRM would've done.

Bran's ending is pretty much the Frodo ending that GRRM likely wants for a lot of the characters. They win but they're irreparably damaged as people and don't get rewarded for their good deeds.

That last book blew my mind, particularly the scouring of the Shire. I didn't like that when I was in high school. The story's over, and they destroyed the ring — but he didn't write "and now they lived happily ever after." Instead, they went home and home was all fucked up. The evil guys had burned down some of the woods; a fascist-like tyranny had taken over. That seemed anticlimactic to me. Frodo didn't live happily ever after or marry a nice girl hobbit. He was permanently wounded; he was damaged. As a 13 year old, I couldn't grasp that. Now, every time I re-read The Lord of the Rings — which I do, every few years — I appreciate the brilliance of the scouring of the Shire. That's part of what lifts the book from all its imitators. There was a real cost to Tolkien's world. There's a tremendous sadness at the end of Lord of the Rings, and it has a power. I think that's partly why people are still reading and re-reading these books.

I mean, it’s no secret that Tolkien has been a huge influence on me, and I love the way he ended ’Lord of the Rings.’ It ends with victory, but it’s a bittersweet victory. Frodo is never whole again, and he goes away to the Undying Lands, and the other people live their lives

I mean people think LOTR is a relatively happy ending but it really isn't if you're invested in the world and Frodo. Tolkien sees the progress of time as a loss for the world because with Sauron's defeat comes the elves leaving the world and the hero's epilogue is pretty much the WWI soldier with PTSD never recovering 

This sums it up: 

"And while Sam,Pippin and Merry go on to great fame and fortune in the Shire and even abroad in the Reunited Kingdom, the real hero, Frodo is mentally broken and physically exhausted with a heavy dollop of PTSD brought on by his ordeal. He is largely forgotten by the hobbits whose admiration goes instead to the marital, magically oversized Merry and Pippin and the no-nonsense organizer of the people, Sam...

Frodo, who had sacrificed his physical and mental health to save the Shire and indeed the whole world, can't enjoy it. No heroes' parade for him. Just neverending pain."

I actually think this what's coming for Jon too and his resurrection as less of himself is part of that Frodo ending. But maybe D & D thought that would be too bitter or found another way to get him there.

Also how do you split up quotes? It keeps merging all my quotes together.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/85c2hn/kit_maisie_joe_and_jacob_went_out_together_to/

Looks like Kit, Maisie, Joe and Jacob are hanging out.

- Joe's doing a lot of filming: Lots of Gendrie, at least in the battle scenes

- Maisie is doing a lot of filming with Kit and Joe. Which makes Jon and Gendry not talking about Arya last season all the more egregious.

- Jacob sighting could mean that the filming with the giant green screen at Magheramorne involves the unsullied.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Eyes High said:

The only dome I can think of was on the Sept of Baelor. Were there other domes in the KL skyline? 

I can't find that dome picture now, but I thought of the WF gardens because it was glass. It looks different then the Sept of Balor which was solid and had towers around it. 

56 minutes ago, anamika said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/85c2hn/kit_maisie_joe_and_jacob_went_out_together_to/

Looks like Kit, Maisie, Joe and Jacob are hanging out.

- Joe's doing a lot of filming: Lots of Gendrie, at least in the battle scenes

- Maisie is doing a lot of filming with Kit and Joe. Which makes Jon and Gendry not talking about Arya last season all the more egregious.

- Jacob sighting could mean that the filming with the giant green screen at Magheramorne involves the unsullied.

I don’t know whether that Twitter source can be trusted, but 1) last we heard, Joe was heading to Belfast, 2) the Unsullied are probably filming at Magheramorne, and 3) Kit and Maisie are still in Belfast. So it’s plausible.

Kit and Maisie have been filming pretty much nonstop since November. Jon and Arya should have plenty of scenes together in S8.

• Love 2

I’m sure (and I hope) Jon and Arya will have a number of scenes in s8, but I think it’s kind of hard to judge given there have been a lot fighting scenes that take ages to film. Like, all the Belfast sightings of them since Xmas could easily only be 1 or 2 episodes, in which Jon and Arya (plus other fighters like Greyworm, Gendry, Brienne, Hound etc) are in a battle whereas others like Dany, Tyrion and Sansa are unlikely to have fighting scenes. (Apart from the green screen dragon stuff that gets filmed indoors).

At least there is this thought, it has many domes in it.

Thoughts?, at least it's not wild or crazy.

Thoughts on KL set. Because we have little else. (self.freefolk)

submitted 3 hours ago by KaySen762Agent Kay

I’ve been giving some thought to the King’s landing set and I suspect those gates are to the red keep, not the city gates. The view of the dragon flying over king’s Landing in Bran’s vision we see the gates here. They look very similar to what they are constructing when they finish putting on the top pieces, which will most likely be machicolations. The odd square looking shape on the bottom with something circular on top. Closer look at one here.

Also just outside of the KL gates we see a tower with one window and across from it, a structure with a dome. The view from Shae here and the recent construction picture from A Red Priestess showing a dome across from the tower here. So these structure are closer to the Red Keep gate than the front of KL.

However the gates appear to be facing away from KL. Not that it matters in filming because you can have any view you like from the perspective of a person looking down. But why not simply build them the right way round? Because of the sun. You don’t want to be filming with the sun in the actors eyes, so you need to keep it behind you at all times, so the gates are reversed in order to film soldiers looking over KL without the sun in their eyes, while also filming the people in KL. Why not film at different times? Because the clouds are different.

What I believe will be shown is the dead getting into KL and people trying to get into the Red Keep for safety. Cersei (well not her personally but give the order) will pour hot oil from the machicolations over the people trying to get into the gates. I suspect they built the KL set because it is going to be bloody and very messy (not because they are going to destroy it, they can’t have it for tours if that is the case). You can’t make that kind of mess on a real location. You can’t even risk damage.

Edited by GrailKing
1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

At least there is this thought, it has many domes in it.

Thoughts?, at least it's not wild or crazy.

Thoughts on KL set. Because we have little else. (self.freefolk)

submitted 3 hours ago by KaySen762Agent Kay

I’ve been giving some thought to the King’s landing set and I suspect those gates are to the red keep, not the city gates. The view of the dragon flying over king’s Landing in Bran’s vision we see the gates here. They look very similar to what they are constructing when they finish putting on the top pieces, which will most likely be machicolations. The odd square looking shape on the bottom with something circular on top. Closer look at one here.

Also just outside of the KL gates we see a tower with one window and across from it, a structure with a dome. The view from Shae here and the recent construction picture from A Red Priestess showing a dome across from the tower here. So these structure are closer to the Red Keep gate than the front of KL.

However the gates appear to be facing away from KL. Not that it matters in filming because you can have any view you like from the perspective of a person looking down. But why not simply build them the right way round? Because of the sun. You don’t want to be filming with the sun in the actors eyes, so you need to keep it behind you at all times, so the gates are reversed in order to film soldiers looking over KL without the sun in their eyes, while also filming the people in KL. Why not film at different times? Because the clouds are different.

What I believe will be shown is the dead getting into KL and people trying to get into the Red Keep for safety. Cersei (well not her personally but give the order) will pour hot oil from the machicolations over the people trying to get into the gates. I suspect they built the KL set because it is going to be bloody and very messy (not because they are going to destroy it, they can’t have it for tours if that is the case). You can’t make that kind of mess on a real location. You can’t even risk damage.

Well....friki made it clear that Cersei's not on the throne when the Others attack KL so presumably she's not in command there at the Red Keep.

9 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

I’m sure (and I hope) Jon and Arya will have a number of scenes in s8, but I think it’s kind of hard to judge given there have been a lot fighting scenes that take ages to film. Like, all the Belfast sightings of them since Xmas could easily only be 1 or 2 episodes, in which Jon and Arya (plus other fighters like Greyworm, Gendry, Brienne, Hound etc) are in a battle whereas others like Dany, Tyrion and Sansa are unlikely to have fighting scenes.

I'd think so, except Kit and Maisie have been in Belfast way more than the actors playing the other "fighter" characters as well. 

(Apart from the green screen dragon stuff that gets filmed indoors)

An interesting point that's been made is that Kit's been doing pretty much continuous filming for the Winterfell battle night shoots. If Jon were riding a dragon for these battle scenes and other scenes, he'd be filming them on the mechanical dragon at the indoors studios. Instead, he's on the ground with Maisie and others. It seems for the Winterfell stuff at least that Jon won't be riding a dragon. Whether he does so for the KL sequences remains to be seen.

I'm not surprised that Jon is on the ground during the fighting. D&D probably couldn't pass up the chance for one last big swordfighting sequence for Kit.

Similarly, Emilia's (relative) absence from Belfast during the Moneyglass Winterfell night shoots suggests that if Dany is involved in the battle, it will be on dragonback. 

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

An interesting point that's been made is that Kit's been doing pretty much continuous filming for the Winterfell battle night shoots. If Jon were riding a dragon for these battle scenes and other scenes, he'd be filming them on the mechanical dragon at the indoors studios. Instead, he's on the ground with Maisie and others. It seems for the Winterfell stuff at least that Jon won't be riding a dragon. Whether he does so for the KL sequences remains to be seen.

I'm not surprised that Jon is on the ground during the fighting. D&D probably couldn't pass up the chance for one last big swordfighting sequence for Kit.

Similarly, Emilia's (relative) absence from Belfast during the Moneyglass Winterfell night shoots suggests that if Dany is involved in the battle, it will be on dragonback. 

I think that this is what is happening. I am not convinced that Jon will be riding a dragon or that the attack on Winterfell is the GC.  How could the GC sneak up on Winterfell unnoticed? Then again, given the incompetent military strategy from last season, anything is possible. However, I still think that it is the NK and his army attacking Winterfell. I can see Daenerys and the NK on their dragons fighting each other in the air while Jon and the others take on his army. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2018 at 5:54 AM, Eyes High said:

I don't think Sansa has anything in common with Lyanna in terms of personality. As you point out, the best example is their reactions to their respective betrothals: Sansa was dazzled by Joffrey's good looks and high status and ignored the evidence that he was a bad dude, while Lyanna saw through to Robert's true womanizing self despite his good looks and his apparent love for her, just as Arya immediately saw through the Lannisters' facade.

Sansa never would have pulled the Knight of the Laughing Tree stunt in a million years, either.

This point cannot be made often enough. GRRM cares way more about the Targs than he does about the Starks. There's no way that he wipes them out, especially when he can lay the groundwork for a bunch of post-ASOIAF stories about future Targs just as he's written hundreds of thousands of words about past Targs. I'm sure in his head he has already decided on the next ten or so post-Jon/Dany Targ monarchs' names and biographies...not that we'll ever get to read about them, but still.

Exactly. Remember what Isaac Hempstead Wright said about fans' reactions to the ending? "It will be too happy for some people, or too sad, or too whatever." That order is significant.

Just gonna point out what GRRM's said on the subject:

Q: Which house would you serve were you live in Westeros?

A: Okay, let's fantasize. Probably, I would belong to the Stark house, because, you know, I've lived with them for so long. Or, perhaps, I would be a Dornishman. After all, Dorne have a lot of spicy dishes, and I like it - I'm from New Mexico, and there are sharp peppers and much more. And there are hot women in Dorne, which is also good. So, perhaps I would like to become a Dornishman - I would live in the deserts, in the valleys of the Dornish rivers. But I think in my heart I'm still Stark.[/quoteblock]

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I think that this is what is happening. I am not convinced that Jon will be riding a dragon or that the attack on Winterfell is the GC.  How could the GC sneak up on Winterfell unnoticed? Then again, given the incompetent military strategy from last season, anything is possible. However, I still think that it is the NK and his army attacking Winterfell. I can see Daenerys and the NK on their dragons fighting each other in the air while Jon and the others take on his army. 

There has been some speculation that whoever attacks Winterfell does so while Jon and Dany took their armies elsewhere, leaving Winterfell (relatively) undefended, and that Team Jon/Dany has to rush back to defeat the intruders. However, if that were the case, you'd expect the actors playing the non-combatant characters to be involved in some of the Moneyglass battle scenes.

Seems like the attack on Winterfell will be a night attack, which might explain why D&D would believe a surprise attack would be plausible.

1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

Just gonna point out what GRRM's said on the subject:

Sure, but which family has he actually written more about? 

1 hour ago, Sunshinegal said:

I feel hopeful about the Jon and Arya scenes since these two actors are filming a lot. 

It seems likely that they'll be sharing a lot of screentime in S8.

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Yeah, I agree that Jon is likely to do most of his fighting on the ground. If he rides Rhaegal I think it’s more likely it will happen towards the end of the season and we will only see him do it once. 

My guess is that it will either be a “heat of battle, spur of the moment” thing where Dany seems to be in danger off in the distance, and Rhaegal is happy for Jon to jump on so they can go and help Dany and Drogon. Alternatively, it will be used as a bit of a metaphor for Jon’s Targ heritage and he won’t be able to ride a dragon until he has made peace with the fact that he is half dragon (possibly with a slightly cheesy declaration that his name is Aegon Targaryen lol).

• Love 2
Just now, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, I agree that Jon is likely to do most of his fighting on the ground. If he rides Rhaegal I think it’s more likely it will happen towards the end of the season and we will only see him do it once. 

My guess is that it will either be a “heat of battle, spur of the moment” thing where Dany seems to be in danger off in the distance, and Rhaegal is happy for Jon to jump on so they can go and help Dany and Drogon. Alternatively, it will be used as a bit of a metaphor for Jon’s Targ heritage and he won’t be able to ride a dragon until he has made peace with the fact that he is half dragon (possibly with a slightly cheesy declaration that his name is Aegon Targaryen lol).

I agree.  I think Jon would only ride the dragon once.  It would be a big moment and the producers would want to milk all the drama out of it.  You are right that he wouldn't ride the dragon until he accepted his heritage.  He has to know about it first, angst and brood about it a little, and then he would accept it.  All while fighting two wars.  Also the producers do like battle scenes with Kit and they would milk that too. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GrailKing said:

I’ve been giving some thought to the King’s landing set and I suspect those gates are to the red keep, not the city gates. The view of the dragon flying over king’s Landing in Bran’s vision we see the gates here.

I was thinking, will Bran warg Viserion? He was told he'd fly and I feel that if it foreshadowed him warging ravens, it would have been lampshaded. KL is seen through the dragon's eyes in his vision, and depriving the NK of his weapon of mass destruction would be a key role in the Living's victory, worthy of a Big Five member. 

Trying to keep my cool about all the potential Jon/Arya and Arya/Gendry. I waited for so long, I don't want to expect too much and be disappointed. I wish Liam were spotted more often. Hopefully, Davos isn't the lousy fighter he's claiming to be.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

I was thinking, will Bran warg Viserion? He was told he'd fly and I feel that if it foreshadowed him warging ravens, it would have been lampshaded. KL is seen through the dragon's eyes in his vision, and depriving the NK of his weapon of mass destruction would be a key role in the Living's victory, worthy of a Big Five member. 

Trying to keep my cool about all the potential Jon/Arya and Arya/Gendry. I waited for so long, I don't want to expect too much and be disappointed. I wish Liam were spotted more often. Hopefully, Davos isn't the lousy fighter he's claiming to be.

Just to give a little correction, it's not my quote, but Keysen from reddit.

As for me a dragon may be warged which one is anyone's guess.

According to social media sightings, both Gwen and NCW are back in Belfast.

In possibly related news, IrishThrones has reported activity around Linen Mill Studios (Riverrun, Casterly Rock, etc.) 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

It seems like there should be some significance to the "a dragon is not a slave" re-emphasis from last season.  Viserion is currently under the control of the NK but perhaps Bran can change that?

• Love 1

https://lossietereinos.com/confirmado-juego-tronos-volvera-rodar-anfiteatro-italica-sevilla-ultima-temporada/

Confirmed: Game of Thrones will return to shoot in the amphitheater of Itálica of Seville in its last season

By

Javi Marcos

-

Mar 21, 2018

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Last year, even before the seventh season of Game of Thrones was released, we already told you that HBO had asked to return to shoot in its last eighth and final season in one of the most spectacular places it has ever shown on screen: the Roman amphitheater of Itálica, in Santiponce (Seville). Or in the world of Poniente, Dragon Well.

Today we had official confirmation: thanks to EFE, via the journalist Fermín Cabanillas , who was already the first to report filming there of the seventh season. This morning  the Provincial Heritage Commission has approved the use of the amphitheater for the filming of the last season of Game of Thrones.

Roman ruins of Itálica, in Santiponce

This commission, dependent on the Territorial Delegation of Culture, Tourism and Sport of the Junta de Andalucía in Seville, has approved the request of Fresco Films, the producer that deals with the filming of Game of Thrones in Spain, to reuse the Amphitheater of Italica as a set for the final season of the series.

The request includes the use of the Arena, the Fossa Bestiaria and the Amphitheater Grandstand and Galleries to recreate the "scenarios where the outcome of the HBO series is located in fiction". As we know, the amphitheater of Itálica gave life to Dragon Well.

When will the shooting be? Well we do not have confirmed dates, but last year's information pointed to the spring of 2018 , which began yesterday in the northern hemisphere, so we hope that three months from now Game of Thrones will return, for the last time, to shoot in Spain.

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 1

The show made such a big deal about that dreadful episode filmed in Dragonpit last season that I have to think that a major event will be filmed there again. I am leaning towards a post-war coronation/wedding or such, especially if the Red Keep is damaged. Also, Dragonpit allows the remaining dragon(s) to be in attendance vs. the throne room.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The show made such a big deal about that dreadful episode filmed in Dragonpit last season that I have to think that a major event will be filmed there again. I am leaning towards a post-war coronation/wedding or such, especially if the Red Keep is damaged. Also, Dragonpit allows the remaining dragon(s) to be in attendance vs. the throne room.

from what I'm reading; you and 1,000 others.

25 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Isn't it confirmed that KL is being blown up? 

Why would they have a coronation/wedding in a dead city? 

• Love 1
On 3/20/2018 at 12:59 PM, domina89 said:

It seems like there should be some significance to the "a dragon is not a slave" re-emphasis from last season.  Viserion is currently under the control of the NK but perhaps Bran can change that?

Viserion is dead. What can Bran do? Enslave Viserion to himself? It ends up the same way. 

Although that's a in ironic line considering the fact that the Valyrians enslaved their Dragons.

• Love 2

Roll call (courtesy of /reinalala88 at /Freefolk) for Belfast/not Belfast, by character:

In Belfast: Arya (Maisie is back in Belfast after a short absence), Jaime (NCW was seen near Linen Mill Studio where the Riverrun set is), Brienne, Sam, Melisandre

Not in Belfast: Sansa (Sophie is still filming in Toronto), Missandei (Nathalie's at home), Jon (Kit was seen clubbing in London), Gendry (Joe Dempsie is in London)

Possibly in Belfast: Dany (Emilia passed on some Solo promotion events recently), Cersei

Maisie's stunt double went home, but Maisie's still shooting, so I guess her stunt stuff is over for now. 

• Love 2

I've always been a lurker here. But all this talk about a potential baby from Jon & Dany got me thinking about the babies that the WW took from Craster. What if the Ice+Fire baby has something to do with that?  He's the lightbringer, sure. But what if the WW get him? Does he become one of them or destroy them (without even doing anything)?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dragonsbite said:

I've always been a lurker here. But all this talk about a potential baby from Jon & Dany got me thinking about the babies that the WW took from Craster. What if the Ice+Fire baby has something to do with that?  He's the lightbringer, sure. But what if the WW get him? Does he become one of them or destroy them (without even doing anything)?

Well the going theory is that Jon + Dany's baby is sacrificed to defeat them. 

The WW's other name in the draft were the neverborn after all.