Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Champs vs. Pros: Watch out for the Wolfpack

• Start Topic

Odd, my Tivo DVR isn't scheduled to record this one.

The program guide shows "MTV Programming" at 9 PM, after running a special compilation "14 Times Our Challengers Lost Their S#%$t" show at 8 PM.

May want to double check your DVRs for tonight.

I cannot think of one Champ in the history of this entire enterprise who would ever override a decision and throw themselves into the ring. Ok well Jordan but otherwise no one.

Lolo is such a baby.  Good lord.

• Love 3

Its a battle of the Ashleys! And the wrong damn one wins!! I mean, Ashley K. put up a sweet shot in Balls In (fuck BMP, that's what it's called), but she's still heinous. OtherAshley's presence as a Champ annoys me because she was one-and-done for years, and she only got her crown because Frank and Zach were too busy abusing Sam to bother her. Sam would have put up a better performance in CvP and IOTC. Just sayin'.

Lolo is loloony. And if Lindsey (?) does go in and lose, Jordan will no longer be the biggest dummy in recent Challenge history. For any fans of the word "Lolo," at least you got London & Logan going for the longshot win Thursday night on The Amazing Race.

• Love 2

Not a fan of Lolo, but I hope she tells Lindsay to kick rocks. The time to volunteer isn't when the competitors are already lined up and everyone knows what the contest is. 

Not sure why Wes is telling her not to take the offer,  though - a Lolo/Lindsay elimination benefits the Champs more than a Lolo/Tia.

• Love 2

There's not that much at stake compared to a regular Challenge season where there's $100k for the winner.

So all this drama is probably ginned up.

Imagine a whole season of Lolo, not just 6 episodes at the most.

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

Not sure why Wes is telling her not to take the offer,  though - a Lolo/Lindsay elimination benefits the Champs more than a Lolo/Tia.

I can think of a few possible explanations:

The champs feel that Lolo's attitude is more draining on the pros than them losing further strength (particularly now that the "brawn" challenge is past);

The champs recognize that Lolo's attitude is ratings gold (if they are good at anything, it's recognizing the value of drah-mah);

The champs actually like Lolo (they seemed to have a few one-on-one conversations with her where they were sincerely giving her advice);

Which one said Wes was the smartest?   If it was Lolo, he's probably still preening and grateful (and I like Wes) (and he probably is the smartest that's there now) (and by "there now" I don't mean the eliminated Bananas, I mean the whole pool of Challengers).

• Love 4

There's really no advantage in having a strong team is there?

The challenges between the teams are all about bragging rights since only the captains get money for their charities.

It's not like winning those challenges (which are like 2 to 1 now for Pros) are being banked for some big payout later on.

Say one team loses their strongest competitors to the eliminations.  For instance, Shawn Merriman got eliminated in a contest which was mostly about chance (being blindfolded).  If he'd won, he would have dominated in the challenge and the Pros would have had two men who could beat any male on the Champs on that particular challenge.  And then the elimination turns out to also favor size and strength but this was a female elimination day.

But in any event, the Pros won and got one more point.  Big whoop, no money except for Lindsay's charity.

• Love 1

Lindsay should have volunteered at the voting ceremony, not wait until Tia & Lolo were two seconds from battling.  Lolo's athletic skill has always impressed me, but nothing else has.  For that, I'd love to see her lose, but I don't see that happening against either woman.  And Wes will preen for days (maybe years) after Lolo called him "the smartest".

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jobiska said:

The champs recognize that Lolo's attitude is ratings gold (if they are good at anything, it's recognizing the value of drah-mah);

This!  I'm loving the scenes of the Champs all huddled together with hands under their chins, basically eating popcorn/sipping tea and moving their heads back and forth like at a tennis match, as the Pros fight it out during the deliberations.   Watching people get sucked into the psychological dramas inherent to The Challenge is one of my favorite parts.  

Lolo will keep ending up in the elimination rounds cause she doesn't know how to shut up.

It kind of sucks that none of the other Champs' girls volunteered to serve as captain, especially since Camilla is always so quick to call out something as being "unfair".  Speaking of, I derived so much glee at watching Tia defeat her and push her ass into the moat.

It would have been so bad ass if Cara Maria's plan had worked.  I saw what she was trying to do and was ready to yell out, "holy shit, girl!"; but she failed.  It was a nice try though.

The editors had me cracking up when they played that piano/orchestral music while Louise was describing CT's "beauty". Lol!  Also, there were some great shades of Banana backpack when CT ran CM Punk off the platform and then tossed the log on top of him.  LMAO!

• Love 3

My feelings towards Ashley M have been a rollercoaster: hated her on RW, loved her on Rivals 3, hated her on invasion, now I am loving her again. I think what is endearing me to her is the fact that she is so gung ho in competiting and she gives it her all. Plus, seeing her go off on Jordan after he loudly said she was the weakest competitor, made me cheer. Girl has a lot of fight and heart, and I appreciate it.

I really want Cara Maria/Wes on season of Rivals. I think that dynamic and awesomeness would be great to watch.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

This!  I'm loving the scenes of the Champs all huddled together with hands under their chins, basically eating popcorn/sipping tea and moving their heads back and forth like at a tennis match, as the Pros fight it out during the deliberations.   Watching people get sucked into the psychological dramas inherent to The Challenge is one of my favorite parts.  

Lolo will keep ending up in the elimination rounds cause she doesn't know how to shut up.

It kind of sucks that none of the other Champs' girls volunteered to serve as captain, especially since Camilla is always so quick to call out something as being "unfair".  Speaking of, I derived so much glee at watching Tia defeat her and push her ass into the moat.

It would have been so bad ass if Cara Maria's plan had worked.  I saw what she was trying to do and was ready to yell out, "holy shit, girl!"; but she failed.  It was a nice try though.

The editors had me cracking up when they played that piano/orchestral music while Louise was describing CT's "beauty". Lol!  Also, there were some great shades of Banana backpack when CT ran CM Punk off the platform and then tossed the log on top of him.  LMAO!

13 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

My feelings towards Ashley M have been a rollercoaster: hated her on RW, loved her on Rivals 3, hated her on invasion, now I am loving her again. I think what is endearing me to her is the fact that she is so gung ho in competiting and she gives it her all. Plus, seeing her go off on Jordan after he loudly said she was the weakest competitor, made me cheer. Girl has a lot of fight and heart, and I appreciate it.

I really want Cara Maria/Wes on season of Rivals. I think that dynamic and awesomeness would be great to watch.

I loved both of these moments. I can't stand Camila and I feel the same way about Ashley.

(edited)
On 5/30/2017 at 11:55 PM, Lantern7 said:

OtherAshley's presence as a Champ annoys me because she was one-and-done for years, and she only got her crown because Frank and Zach were too busy abusing Sam to bother her. 

Oh, that's who she is!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Which is which?  K is from San Diego and M is Smashley?

Yes!  I guess an easy way to remember it is there's an M in Smashley. 

I usually just refer to Ashley M. as "Ashley" and Ashley K. as "Who was that?"

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Yes!  I guess an easy way to remember it is there's an M in Smashley. 

I usually just refer to Ashley M. as "Ashley" and Ashley K. as "Who was that?"

LMAO!  Me too.  Every single time she shows up on screen.

• Love 2

Lolo acts like a bratty high school girl.  

It was funny when Camilla got dunked in the water and lost, then says that she had her.   Ha, yeah right girl, you lost!  She just cannot accept failure at all, can she? Drives me nuts. 

CT kicks ass!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Ashley K is also the one now dating Dario.

Yuck. And you know Raphy is calling Dario every other day. "Dude, c'mon, let me tag in. No way would she figure it out!"

• Love 1