Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E23: True Colors

• Start Topic

On 5/11/2017 at 9:07 PM, funnygirl said:

To the surprise of no one, Megan is alive. The recycled Meredith/Derek/Addison triangle is upon us. 

I liked that Meredith said: "I have to go tell him. If Derek was alive, I'd want to know as soon as possible." No regard for herself or potentially broken heart. Looking out for him. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, iChelleWatch said:

I always wanted Jackson with Stephanie and really don't want to see him with Maggie.

Didn't Jackson dump Stephanie for April?  I think Stephanie deserves better--if she lives. 

• Love 3

I really don't understand how writers can string something so predictable along for so long, and then spring it right at the end of a season like it's a huge revelation. I told my husband (who does not watch this show) the basic premise of Megan (that Owen has a sister who went missing and was presumed dead, who had been involved with Owen's former best friend) and that's all he needed to connect the dots. The truly shocking thing would have been if she actually had been confirmed dead. This, we have all been expecting since the second we heard she existed.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:49 AM, PepSinger said:

Finally, I snickered like a loon when Amelia mentioned the PTSD person was for Owen instead of Megan. Seriously.

Oh, how great would it be if he actually resumed his PTSD therapy? I'm still kind of mad that they opened this door to really explore something like that, and did such a hash job of it.

I also just love how, a full season after the big revelation and drama about Jo, we have made absolutely no progress forward except to give the husband a face. If we have to wait until next season's finale to get the next tiny step forward... Just ugh.

And I think y'all have sufficiently covered the shoddy writing to get rid of Steph. She's never been my favourite, but she deserved better than this.

• Love 6

I don't think anyone has asked this yet --

Where did rapist dude get a big, plush, fluffy bathrobe?  Obviously, it was necessary to increase the likelihood of his being "flammable."  A thin hospital gown wouldn't burn that quickly or intensely.  But he had no visitors and no belongings.  I don't think Grey Sloane Memorial supplies bathrobes.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Didn't Jackson dump Stephanie for April?  I think Stephanie deserves better--if she lives. 

Yep...in EPIC fashion.  If, in some weird turn of events, Stephanie lives, I would lose all respect if she reunited with Jackson after that....

• Love 3

Sorry if this has been asked.  When the patient was waving the torch under the sprinklers why didn't they come on?  Then the doors would have opened automatically .  I saw quite a bit of flame before Stephanie  did her thing and even then they didn't come on.

• Love 3
On May 12, 2017 at 2:38 PM, izabella said:

She could have called Ben, Dr. Bailey, so he would know something was up.  She could have pushed liver lac guy away from her in front of Ben as they were walking past since he was so stumbly. 

I was waiting for her to pull a Donna Martin and call him "Benjy" (like when Donna called David "Davy" so he knew she was being attacked). Guess Stephanie never watched Beverly Hills 90210. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Sorry if this has been asked.  When the patient was waving the torch under the sprinklers why didn't they come on?  Then the doors would have opened automatically .  I saw quite a bit of flame before Stephanie  did her thing and even then they didn't come on.

I could be wrong, but I believe it is smoke and not a flame that would trigger the sprinklers.  Yeah, there was some smoke, but maybe not enough to do the job.

• Love 1
On May 13, 2017 at 2:22 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Like when Donna called David "Dave" in the 90210 episode where the creepy guy was about to rape her!

Yes this! This is exactly what I was expecting. I can't believe she didn't say "No I'm okay, Benjy."

• Love 3

I know Jackson and Maggie aren't blood-related but in that elevator scene it really seemed like they were. They both have the lisp thing going on and make the exact same facial expression when they're amused (the smirk with the raised left side of the upper lip and the eyes and everything). If I were new to the show I would think they were brother/sister or even twins. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I could be wrong, but I believe it is smoke and not a flame that would trigger the sprinklers.  Yeah, there was some smoke, but maybe not enough to do the job.

Smoke sets off smoke detectors.  Heat (fire) will set off a sprinkler, which has a mechanism to trigger alarms.  Sprinklers don't typically go off with just smoke.  Otherwise, there could be a lot of unnecessary flooding when there is no actual fire.  The water is to suppress the fire.  The heat usually has to reach about 160°F to melt the seal or break the bulb in the sprinkler that allows the water to flow.  

I suppose in the Grey's case, Keith didn't have the fire up there long enough for the temperature to reach 160 and trigger the water flow.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Layne said:

I know Jackson and Maggie aren't blood-related but in that elevator scene it really seemed like they were. They both have the lisp thing going on and make the exact same facial expression when they're amused (the smirk with the raised left side of the upper lip and the eyes and everything). If I were new to the show I would think they were brother/sister or even twins. 

I don't think they look like they're related at all. All they have in common is a lisp and light skin. I've watched youtube vids of their scenes after reading this comment, and I don't think they have the same facial expressions either. Probably just bad acting.

7 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Yep...in EPIC fashion.  If, in some weird turn of events, Stephanie lives, I would lose all respect if she reunited with Jackson after that....

I know he did but I still was rooting for them and was so mad that he made that choice. Anyway, I like Stephanie so I hope they do a switcharoo via plastic surgery to keep the character on even though the actress is living.

5 hours ago, lavenderrose said:

I don't think they look like they're related at all. All they have in common is a lisp and light skin. I've watched youtube vids of their scenes after reading this comment, and I don't think they have the same facial expressions either. Probably just bad acting.

I don't think they look alike normally, but they did in that scene. It was the way they were talking combined with the facial expressions and mannerisms. Nothing to do with skin color, more the little nuances in body language and speech pattern. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, Pink ranger said:

Did anyone else notice that the envelope Alex had containing the conference programs was addressed to Alex's real full name and Grey Sloane Memorial hospital ? The Husband will easily be able to trace Jos location now. 

Here's a screen capture of the envelope. It has three pieces of information: (1) Alex's real last name, (2) Alex's hospital which gives his location, and (3) the private eye's company name "Korcek Investigations LLC."

So the envelope was from the private eye, Korcek Investigations LLC, which explains how Alex got the info on the husband.

I originally expected the envelope to have come from the conference which would make it easy for the husband to track down Alex, but that's not the case. So if the envelope is used to track down Alex in some way, then the husband would have had to have read Alex's name and hospital just in passing (which is far-fetched, but this is Grey's Anatomy so nothing is impossible).I do hope Alex's scenes lead to something more than just us seeing Alex thinking through the consequences of his possible actions. That's a good thing for Alex, but a boring way to show it.

ETA: I think I may have figured out one of the reasons for the big envelope. When Alex has it, the action that happens is real. But when he doesn't have it, he's only thinking in his mind what could happen. It's a way of indicating what's real and what's imaginary.

envelope.jpg

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 6

Another catastrophe in Seattle Mercy Death. Ugh. They should have gone another route than "his liver could bleed out at any time!!" for the rapist because Stephanie's actions make no sense afterwards, particularly trying to set the guy on fire rather than kicking him super hard when he was trying to set the smoke detectors. The kid was annoying and creepy, and I don't give a rat's ass about Minnick and Arizona. Megan being alive is the utmost disappointment, what a badly written SL. 

I missed a few episodes this year, did we already know Jo's real name? I probably missed it. It was a little nice to see Alex thinking before acting for once, but this is stalling and for a story about a woman survivor, it is sad for the main protagonist not to be active in it. Another badly handled storyline.

Not sure how I feel about the finale, I just hope Stephanie won't be killed. I agree with whomever said she should have just left because she felt her capacities were wasted, or, iif they iinsisted on the rapist SL, because she wouldn't want to come back everyday on a workplace where she had been assaulted (with the highest rate of mortality ever).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Coxfires said:

I missed a few episodes this year, did we already know Jo's real name? I probably missed it. It was a little nice to see Alex thinking before acting for once, but this is stalling and for a story about a woman survivor, it is sad for the main protagonist not to be active in it. Another badly handled storyline.

No we did not, it was thrown in there as if daring us to question how they went from A-Z with no explanation.

But your point is exactly why I'm infuriated with this storyline - this show supposedly prides itself on tackling pivotal issues in our society, they've done it a hundred times before and make NO hesitation in giving themselves a round of applause for it when they do.  So for them to now focus on DV ( one of the most prominent and sensitive issues out there) you would expect no difference. However it's as you said - jo is not only being minimalised, she isn't even IN the storyline!! And if this was any other character, or god forbid Meredith herself, they wouldn't DARE be this thoughtless or careless because they know someone would absolutely slate them for it. So I hope someone DOES, because it's disgraceful, and especially when Shonda has specifically mentioned this before and said what a 'survivor' she is, and yet we've seen none of it or even a glimpse of how she's feeling. So shocking, and they should know better 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Complexity said:

Here's a screen capture of the envelope. It has three pieces of information: (1) Alex's real last name, (2) Alex's hospital which gives his location, and (3) the private eye's company name "Korcek Investigations LLC."

So the envelope was from the private eye, Korcek Investigations LLC, which explains how Alex got the info on the husband.

<<<snipped>>>

Korcek?  A subtle nod to Det. Vince Korsak from Rizzoli & Isles?  

On 5/15/2017 at 5:57 PM, GalvDuck said:

Smoke sets off smoke detectors.  Heat (fire) will set off a sprinkler, which has a mechanism to trigger alarms.  Sprinklers don't typically go off with just smoke.  Otherwise, there could be a lot of unnecessary flooding when there is no actual fire.  The water is to suppress the fire.  The heat usually has to reach about 160°F to melt the seal or break the bulb in the sprinkler that allows the water to flow.  

I suppose in the Grey's case, Keith didn't have the fire up there long enough for the temperature to reach 160 and trigger the water flow.

Can you pull on a sprinkler to set it off? I remember when I was in college our dorms had sprinklers and every year they made a big point of telling us if we hung anything on the sprinkler or grabbed it we would set off the sprinkler and all our stuff would get soaked. No one ever set one off though.

Even is the sprinkler doesn't go off, you'd think the hospital would have a smoke detector that would have picked up on that. Especially during a lock down.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/16/2017 at 10:12 PM, KaveDweller said:

Can you pull on a sprinkler to set it off? I remember when I was in college our dorms had sprinklers and every year they made a big point of telling us if we hung anything on the sprinkler or grabbed it we would set off the sprinkler and all our stuff would get soaked. No one ever set one off though.

Even is the sprinkler doesn't go off, you'd think the hospital would have a smoke detector that would have picked up on that. Especially during a lock down.

Basically, yes, if you break the seal or the bulb in the sprinkler, it will spray water.  Essentially, it's just like a faucet.  Pressurized water is already there in a pipe and the only thing stopping it from flowing is one of two things - either a metal seal that acts as a temporary plug (heat melts it away and the water is free to spray out) or a glass bulb filled with a fluid that will expand and break the bulb when exposed to high heat.  

Edited by GalvDuck
  • Love 2