Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09 Sins

Well, after all these weeks of not much happening, the show is finally moving into really twisted territory. That ending scene/confrontation was pretty good! They could've done this a few episodes earlier for my liking.

Kudos to the poster who called Megan killing her step-bro/molester in last week's thread.

Kyle might as well have been reading from cue cards for as "heartfelt" as that proposal felt. (Real romantic too to precede it with a "I don't think it's contractually time for me to do this, but...")

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, taragel said:

Well, after all these weeks of not much happening, the show is finally moving into really twisted territory. That ending scene/confrontation was pretty good! They could've done this a few episodes earlier for my liking.

Kudos to the poster who called Megan killing her step-bro/molester in last week's thread.

Kyle might as well have been reading from cue cards for as "heartfelt" as that proposal felt. (Real romantic too to precede it with a "I don't think it's contractually time for me to do this, but...")

Woohoo, called it! Haha. I was still hoping though that the person outside in last week's episode had been her "dead" stepbrother, not that random creeper (wonder how they found enough evidence to put him behind bars for 6 years. And all this happened in Hong Kong right (so maybe the process is different there)? So would he have spent 6 years in jail there?)

Also, when someone proposes, doesn't the ring box face the person getting proposed to? When Kyle was proposing, the way he was holding it, it was opened up in his direction, so the cover of the ring box would have obscured the ring from her perspective. (What an ugly ass ring, by the way. At least the props department could have made the fake diamond look more shiny. Also I'm sure that thing would get snagged easily on clothing.)

Other observations:

-MV/Terence should wear red more often

- LOL @ Megan for not hearing the big bald baddie behind her before he put the bag on her head. 

-The camera on the inside - since that was emphasized again on the "Previously on...", so that was placed there by IHM then? So that's how Terence & Deann knew about the stepbrother fiasco?

-Will Hope ever make an appearance again? 

-Is Megan's agent still pregnant? Will that baby ever pop out? 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
More thoughts to add!
4 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

-The camera on the inside - since that was emphasized again on the "Previously on...", so that was placed there by IHM then? So that's how Terence & Deann knew about the stepbrother fiasco?

Megan muttered something about Shaun telling Terence, which is exactly what would happen in Scientology. 

• Love 1

Eh, I'm not really that interested in the whole step-brother subplot.  I hope it goes somewhere good/ sets up something good. 

There's been enough going on to keep me coming back (Michael Vartan Michael Vartan).  Yeah, it's not Breaking Bad or The Sopranos, but it's an acceptable time waster.

I did dig the Body Snatchers finale, though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, spiderpig said:

There's been enough going on to keep me coming back (Michael Vartan Michael Vartan).  Yeah, it's not Breaking Bad or The Sopranos, but it's an acceptable time waster.

I did dig the Body Snatchers finale, though.

I can think of a couple more reasons too - Michael Vartan and Michael Vartan ;)

5 hours ago, Jillybean said:

Megan muttered something about Shaun telling Terence, which is exactly what would happen in Scientology. 

I think that's her assumption that Shaun told Terence, but I don't think that's necessarily the case.

56 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

What is it about that guy anyway?  I guess he got Jennifer Garner to leave Scott Foley (not that I blame her).  There's just something about him that isn't Mr. Macho-aggressive, yet extremely seductive about him.

(edited)

Ha well I don't think JG left SF just because of MV (but heck, I totally would), but anyway, I'd start with his eyes, crooked smile, dimples, that dreamy voice, his French-speaking abilities, those hands of his, the forehead wrinkles, his extreme affection for his dog (even though I'm definitely a cat person), hockey-playing skills, self-deprecating humor, and acknowledgment that actors are usually too full of themselves and that he hasn't taken any of his success and opportunities for granted. Plus I've never heard of any of his fellow actors & those who directed him having anything but good things to say about working with him. 

ETA: Also, this: 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie

I think it was Kyle who told Terrance. I think it was written all over his face in the last scene -  he was deciding.

Thinking about the time he had help him with his blackmail...

I don't think Kyle or Shaun told Terrance ONLY IF that camera is real.  What I mean is, it is HUGE as far as discreet cameras go do they mean to make us think that Terrance nor Megan can't see it?  Is it on the outside of the house?  But if they didn't find out from the camera, I still don't think it was Kyle as he wasn't talking to Terrance when he found out (right??) so I guess it was Shaun. Or maybe Hope is trying to rescue to Megan again!!     

Spoiler

I don't have a spoiler!  Not sure why this popped up!

(edited)

Meagan:  "Remember my step-brother, who molested me?  Well, I flew to Hong Kong to confront him, but when he answered the door, I didn't have my speech ready.  So I went inside and had some drinks.  Then he attacked me and I killed him.  Then later I found out someone went to prison for the murder, but he's out now.  And he wants $5M or else he'll tell people I'm the one who did it, even though there's no proof.  Oh, and he only gave me 24 hours to get the money so I have to have it right now, tonight."

Hmmm.  You'd think a guy as well-versed in the world of bigtime Hollywood celebrity as Kyle would have some questions about a few of the holes in that story before he rushed out to stuff five million dollars in a bag. 

So . . . much like the grammar issue, is this poor writing or are they telling us Meagan is shady, or maybe just that stupid?

Or did the story sound as sloppy to Kyle as it did to me, and that's why Meagan's in a cell at IHM???

Edited by candall
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

I don't think Kyle or Shaun told Terrance ONLY IF that camera is real.  What I mean is, it is HUGE as far as discreet cameras go do they mean to make us think that Terrance nor Megan can't see it?  Is it on the outside of the house? 

That camera is real, but Megan and Kyle are too dense to realize it's there. I mean, Megan can't even hear or sense a big bald baddie coming up behind her (he must have quiet ballerina feet) to put a bag over her head. Kyle didn't even notice a camera recording him bumping uglies with the police officer. They showed footage from the viewpoint of the indoor camera in last week's episode I think.

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

That camera is real, but Megan and Kyle are too dense to realize it's there. I mean, Megan can't even hear or sense a big bald baddie coming up behind her (he must have quiet ballerina feet) to put a bag over her head. Kyle didn't even notice a camera recording him bumping uglies with the police officer. They showed footage from the viewpoint of the indoor camera in last week's episode I think.

When did we see that it was recorded??  Even thought that's what Terrence would totally do!

1 hour ago, candall said:

Meagan:  "Remember my step-brother, who molested me?  Well, I flew to Hong Kong to confront him, but when he answered the door, I didn't have my speech ready.  So I went inside and had some drinks.  Then he attacked me and I killed him.  Then later I found out someone went to prison for the murder, but he's out now.  And he wants $5M or else he'll tell people I'm the one who did it, even though there's no proof.  Oh, and he only gave me 24 hours to get the money so I have to have it right now, tonight."

Hmmm.  You'd think a guy as well-versed in the world of bigtime Hollywood celebrity as Kyle would have some questions about a few of the holes in that story before he rushed out to stuff five million dollars in a bag. 

So . . . much like the grammar issue, is this poor writing or are they telling us Meagan is shady, or maybe just that stupid?

Or did the story sound as sloppy to Kyle as it did to me, and that's why Meagan's in a cell at IHM???

I believed her but who knows. 

So you think Kyle told Terrence who had his goons take Megan?

• Love 1

I think Kyle could have just have easily thought that this was all just a scheme - from the beginning, Megan was planning this with the friend "blackmailer", played out this whole worried thing to Kyle in NY - then just offers herslef to leave and that he will never see her again (and with the 5 milion...!).

This why maybe he would go to Terrance - there was a possibily that there something huge going on, aimed at him, Kyle.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I believed her but who knows. 

So you think Kyle told Terrence who had his goons take Megan?

Oh, I think the show would never have Megan and Kyle ever be anything but good and true--beset by evildoers and traitorous confidantes.  And occasionally one of them will appear to be suspicious, for some reason or another, to each other and to the audience, but then it will all turn out to have been manipulation.

But really, that story!  By the time she finished, my eyebrows had gone up and up and over the top, around to the back of my head.  Offhand, I can think of eight points where Kyle might reasonably have interjected a question or two.  Eh . . . how about a quick Google search on his way to the bank, or his broker, or his God-figure cult leader/mentor?

At least choose a place a little less organized than Hong Kong, where there's a whole journalistic presence in English, where the police would not likely overlook the victim's relative flying in the day of the murder, where a convicted murderer probably wouldn't be out stirring up trouble quite so soon . . .

• Love 2
17 hours ago, bara007 said:

I think it was Kyle who told Terrance. I think it was written all over his face in the last scene -  he was deciding.

Thinking about the time he had help him with his blackmail...

I think Kyle told Terrance but didn't know what Terrance was going to do to "fix" things with Megan.  But I think this is why Terrance was confident they were going to get Kyle back in his final scene.

(edited)

My favorite part was when E! reported that "sources say Megan cried tears of joy." Who knew she was capable of multiple tears?  

I totally think it was Kyle who tattled, BTW, possibly with an assist from Shaun. Cult members gonna cult.

Edited by acid burn
  • Love 2

Shark jump from sleeze & shadiness to murder & kidnapping. How did Megan afford to travel to Hong Kong 6 years ago. That story has holes if not purposely false.

Didn't they mention in the Leah Remini series that any time a member gets arrested that the church tries to say they are mentally ill and need treatment?

Will Megan's acting ability get her out of this one? She's shrewd at times. Didn't she use the campfire confession of her play colleague for a workshop already. Hopefully that ability to act and/or lie will save her. I hope that plot doesn't drag on.

Disappointed in Lexa Doig's character. They are now at a point where it could turn into a show where no one cares about the characters.

I think the lawyer lady/ex friend told Terrance.

The naysayer who leaked the photos should save the day.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I think that's her assumption that Shaun told Terence, but I don't think that's necessarily the case.

Yeah, I don't think it was Shaun either.  My guess is either Kyle told Terence or Terence knows through spying somehow. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, treeofdreams said:

So it could have been Shaun, it could have been Kyle, it could have been whoever is watching through that camera in Kyle's house...

I don't know why but I always thought Kyle put that camera in his house.  When Kyle returned the gun to the security install lady she made a comment about how she couldn't in good conscience take it back without telling him that he is in no way secure enough.  Kyle, I thought, said "I know that and I am taking care of it."  It wasn't too long after that scene that they showed us the camera hung high-up that recorded the creeper.  The digital image was on Kyle's computer as it was recording.  I figured Kyle put the cameras inside himself and instead of having an outside company keeping track of it he would which would keep, in his mind, their private life from being made public by the security company or some hacker. 

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 1

I have to read these comments to even try to figure out what's going on in the show.

Summary:  hell if I know.  But they got me at the abduction/zombie complex, so I'll have to keep watching.

• Love 1