Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Where Are They Now? Nikki LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Side note-Hospitals reuse the skin for burn victims.

Did not know that. Years ago, one of my 4th graders spent months in a burn unit because he needed skin graphs.  Now we use skin from WLS.

Edited by fonfereksglen
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Well hellooooo everyone.

Wow she is so young but looks so much older.

Late to the party so just tuning in but yes! Especially post-first-skin-op. That turkey waddle isn't doing her any favours. Hope they can do a little neck left there to fix that. Rooting for her though. She was one of the "good ones" -as already mentioned- worked really hard and didn't whine or complain just did it. Liked her family too. Love that dad is her workout partner! Finally, supportive family! 

• Love 5

Is there some sort of AA meeting place for those of us who watch My 600 Pound Life and My Big Fat  . . .?  I won't know what to do without everyone until the next season!  :)

• Love 14

UUGGGH now I know why the disclaimer.

Also I just realized I've lost 10 more lbs than they took off in her stomach.   Seeing the bulk of it en masse is pretty surreal.

• Love 1
Just now, CouchTater said:

Is tonight the season finale?

I think it is.  And last week was MBFFL as well.

No one I know watches these shows, and if I try to explain them, they just giggle a little nervously.  :)

• Love 9
Just now, 55Unicorns said:

Oh wow...I put the dog out and missed THAT?!?  WTF????

They pulled what looked like a piece of flesh from the stomach during the emergency surgery.  I was told that if was a surgery sponge.

(edited)

All of the totally unsuccessful -- you know, the ones that didn't even try -- M600PLifers need to be forced to watch Nikki's episode over and over and over again, with additional voiceovers by Dr. Now. "You're delusional," "You have 800 pound of food in you!" and "The scale doesn't lie."

Edited by DC Gal in VA
  • Love 7

Speaking of watching shows nobody else watches, I was looking into that documentary 'Mommy Dead and Dearest" that is going to be on HBO where the mother had munchausen by proxy and told everyone here daughter was crippled, had cancer, etc. and the girl was actually totally healthy. Long story short, sometimes I worry that if somebody looks at what I Google they will really think I have issues. ;)

• Love 4
Just now, CouchTater said:

Did I zone out when Dr. Now exlplain why she needs a wound vac for her recovery?  I don't remember others needing that.

No, he just kept saying ominously that this one was going to be extra difficult, and he didn't really go into detail.

• Love 1
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Speaking of watching shows nobody else watches, I was looking into that documentary 'Mommy Dead and Dearest" that is going to be on HBO where the mother had munchausen by proxy and told everyone here daughter was crippled, had cancer, etc. and the girl was actually totally healthy. Long story short, sometimes I worry that if somebody looks at what I Google they will really think I have issues. ;)

If you do, we all do.  :)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Love stories about MBP! I don't have HBO though. Sob.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Did I zone out when Dr. Now exlplain why she needs a wound vac for her recovery?  I don't remember others needing that.

I think it was because of the size of her incisions. She seemed like she had more excess skin to remove, and gravity was going to be more of an issue for her, and her sutures were more likely to open up.

• Love 2