Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: Fonzie Scheme

Vyk
  • Start Topic

From TV Guide:

Murray is honored as one of Jenkintown's top businessmen.  Beverly tries to find a hobby for Murray.  Erica comes to Barry's rescue after his golf-cart-stealing scheme goes awry.

Discuss the latest episode here.

• Love 1

I saw the bit where the back wheels ran over Barry, and I was thinking wow can you do that without getting injured?  But sure enough, at the end in the "real life" footage, there is real Barry getting run over by the back wheels of a golf cart.  I wonder how much a golf cart weighs?  And if it doesn't weigh that much, I'm sure they weren't going to put their actor at risk.  I wonder how they filmed that?

PopPop's playing made me want a four string banjo.  I have a five string banjo, but the approach is completely different.  A four string banjo seems kind of like it would be like playing a large ukulele.

• Love 4

In the real footage, the golf cart had huge back wheels though, and in the show the wheels were small.  I would think that the small wheels would mean there would be more weight per square inch, making injury more likely.  With the larger wheels, the weight would have been distributed over a larger area.

That part where Erica whistled and JTP came over the hill, at first I didn't recognize them.  I was thinking "what is she doing, using her super powers to attract men to solve the problem?".  She is an attractive girl.

• Love 3

Hmmm, so are we getting to the limits of Adam F. Goldberg's family stories and tapping other writers lives now? Interesting. They've probably been doing that along, but this was definitely the first time an end of episode clip wasn't from the Goldberg family archives, or related to a specific story (thinking of the Stephen Colbert ending when Adam's childhood acquaintance was now on the show.

Some meta-humor from Erica tonight. "I've been talking about going to college for 4 years" and "Is it April already? Where does the time go? I thought it was just February!" The first one I liked. The latter, seemed like it was trying a little too hard.

Bev and Murray have had more chemistry as the show has gone on, which I appreciate. I know Adam said he didn't show them as lovey-dovey early on because that's not who his parents were, but it came off as very segmented on a sitcom.

• Love 1

Oh my God, the real life video was hilarious. "I'm good, I'm good!"

Pops playing the banjo gives me life. Can I request he plays Rainbow Connection sometime in the near future?

JTP walking over the hill trying to look badass was great. JTP!

• Love 8

Not the most exciting of episodes, but I liked it well enough.

I was also surprised that Barry wasn't hurt despite getting run over by the golf cart's back wheels.  But good that he was okay.

I was actually surprised that Erica wasn't mad at Geoff for losing out on a reservation.  She simply cursed it being April, when Clamfest usually occurs.  That said, she should've said something like "Damn it!  I forgot that happens in April!"  Just that.

RLS!  RLS!  Too bad it came right at the end, though.  She was seen on Murray's lap during the closing credits.

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 9:09 PM, rmontro said:

But sure enough, at the end in the "real life" footage, there is real Barry getting run over by the back wheels of a golf cart.  I wonder how much a golf cart weighs?  And if it doesn't weigh that much, I'm sure they weren't going to put their actor at risk.  I wonder how they filmed that?

That wasn't really life Barry, it was Matt Mira who cowrote the episode, I only know this because he has talked about the golf cart incident on the Nerdist a few times over the years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hobbies:  Watching The Weather Channel and "getting comfortable." - LOL, that sounds exactly like my father!

I had to pause the part where Murray and Beverly were in the kitchen.  Wow, Nintendo and Donkey Kong cereal?  Hi-C?  That's like an '80s paradise, even though a lot of the brands were fake.

Ouch, I hope Troy Gentile (Barry) is okay.  I don't know how it feels having a golf cart run you over, but I'm assuming there was some sort of supervision.  It did look real.

• Love 3