Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Betrayal

Megan begins a new TV gig with her childhood idol; Kyle and DeAnn clash over Kyle's next project; Terence makes Shaun an intriguing offer.

I had to start this episode thread, just so I could make the following superficial remarks:

1.  I can barely recognize Megan in her brunette wig.

2.  I don't think people on the set like the actress playing DeAnn.  They create special hairstyles that glue her bangs down across her forehead and make the rest of her hair appear as skimpy as possible.  Then they put her in an unflattering short peplum jacket, with a skinny belt, to double the width of her hips.  THEN they have her bend over and pick something up from the floor so her butt, in bright red pants, is pointed directly toward the camera.

3.  If you walk in with a tote bag and your lover asks, "Is that everything you own?"--you two don't know each other well enough to be moving in together.

4.  The showrunner loves his/her dream sequences, eh?  Me, less so.

p.s>What was in the back yard at the end? 

Edited by candall
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, candall said:

I had to start this episode thread, just so I could make the following superficial remarks:

2.  I don't think people on the set like the actress playing DeAnn.  They create special hairstyles that glue her bangs down across her forehead and make the rest of her hair appear as skimpy as possible.  Then they put her in an unflattering short peplum jacket, with a skinny belt, to double the width of her hips.  THEN they have her bend over and pick something up from the floor so her butt, in bright red pants, is pointed directly toward the camera.

LOL!!!!

3.  If you walk in with a tote bag and your lover asks, "Is that everything you own?"--you two don't know each other well enough to be moving in together.

This is a true statement!  btw, I don't think Kyle has even been to Megan's house!

I hope we find out next week!! 

I think there was a person lurking in the backyard. However, I could be delusional from staying too long in the sensory deprivation chamber at the Institute.

i don't understand how Megan knew who did the rewrites.

i also don't understand why multi-millionaire Kyle didn't hire a security guy to stay at his house at least temporarily.

So many mysteries that I care more about than Megan's big secret...

• Love 2

There was a person in the backyard. Who looked like Slenderman (the showrunner said in the after-show it was actually one of the key grips standing in haha).

Maybe it's Megan's "dead" step-brother. (I really think she killed him - or she thinks she successfully did - also, homegirl did pointedly say in one of the earlier episodes she finds it easy to cry on cue - and she was crying when she was talking about her step-brother...). Or could be the director of the play who doesn't understand the meaning of "no". I don't think it was Terence because the white face of nothingness looked too round :P

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
18 hours ago, candall said:

She looks really unattractive, as she is supposed to for the role, but agree, it took a minute to get used to.  I was rooting for Megan in the beginning but she is starting to come across as too whiny.

That waffle maker scene was brutal!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, candall said:

I was so confused about that dress she was wearing. It looked like two dresses in one. It was odd because each dress on it's own would have been fine but the two combined looked like a mess

4 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

That waffle maker scene was brutal!

Terence would have a new hashtag tattoo, if it had been real, ha!

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Was it wrong of me to be rooting for Kyle to fire off a round at Megan during the post-waffle-maker-dream sequence?

No, she's so effing stupid. Like, you couldn't call your boyfriend and say, "hey btw I'm coming over because wahh my life sucks, oh and the number for the code is 1234, right?" These idiots suck with their basic communication. Even if she was sure she remembered the security code correctly, knowing your bf is jumpy and on edge because his whole house got trashed, at least give him a head's up you're coming over in the middle of the night. What was she going to do after she got in without the alarm going off? Just crawl into bed and think Kyle wouldn't be a little jumpy about it?

• Love 4

Heh, heh. I was coming on here just to complain about DeAnn's horrid tomato red pants.

But then I saw Shaun's black "gym shorts" and that weird striped white top that Hope was wearing. Is this a period piece from the early '80s?

Add me to the list of people who hate Megan's mole. 

• Love 1
On 4/25/2017 at 11:18 PM, Athena5217 said:

i don't understand how Megan knew who did the rewrites.

She called the older actress in the private story Charlotte told her "the OG badass" (or something along those lines; I'm paraphrasing) and then her exact wording was used in the new pages the very next morning.

• Love 4

I feel like the show can't decide whether or not Megan and Kyle are star-crossed lovers or together purely as a business arrangement.  

The show hasn't been able to settle on that I don't think, or at least they want to have it both ways. They seemed to be at least trying for a genuine connection in the first scenes, then she gets the contract just sent over (by Terrance?) with the "divorce is not negotiable" clause, then he's slightly passive aggressive about why she's agreeing to it (for fame or money) and then tells he they can't just date because of his image and now they are being more passive aggressive/nice to each other. I guess that is supposed to be one of the conflicts.

21 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

The show hasn't been able to settle on that I don't think, or at least they want to have it both ways. They seemed to be at least trying for a genuine connection in the first scenes, then she gets the contract just sent over (by Terrance?) with the "divorce is not negotiable" clause, then he's slightly passive aggressive about why she's agreeing to it (for fame or money) and then tells he they can't just date because of his image and now they are being more passive aggressive/nice to each other. I guess that is supposed to be one of the conflicts.

I can't figure it out either.   They fell into hardcore liking each other in warp speed quickly followed by love BUT Kyle is still trying to get over his ex-gf.  I like the show but it is really odd!

13 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I can't figure it out either.   They fell into hardcore liking each other in warp speed quickly followed by love BUT Kyle is still trying to get over his ex-gf.  I like the show but it is really odd!

That's why I was surprised to see that Mexico really was a hook up that was not want Terrance wanted. They did get on and no one came to give her the hard sell about the contract whilst she had nowhere to run. I get that they both have secrets and Kyle thinks he needs to be in a longterm "relationship" after Lisbeth whom he is definitely not over. But I doubt anyone is going to blink an eye at Kyle dating an unknown actress for a while and if they break up so be it vs being with her for long enough to have kids and make her a household name and then divorcing her. If Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise hadn't been so weird during their relationship and/or had broken up long before (without the supposed subterfuge she had to create) no one would even give a shit about what either of them had/are doing privately. They could just as easily have created a narrative of Kyle looking "stoic and Manly" around and about and had people be on his side that way (especially as in general people are always more inclined to bitch about the woman). It will be interesting to see if they can tie this together.

On 4/26/2017 at 5:51 AM, Gabrielle Tracy said:

4.  This is so incredibly petty but I hate the mole on Megan's forehead.  I would had had it removed a long time ago.  But, like I said, that's petty.  And she has a job where her face, mole and all, is broadcast to millions while I, well, most assuredly don't.

Josh Henderson has a great big mole just above his right nostril.  Most times they shoot around it, but when they don't it looks hyuuge.

On 4/26/2017 at 5:51 AM, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Hide contents