Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Dembe Zuma

• Start Topic

This just plain sucked -- and showed how much bullshit the whole Blacklist is by putting Dembe at # 10.  #10 -- are you fucking kidding me ?? Fuck you writers.

And the whole Aram/Samar B-plot can't be dropped soon enough -- it's just awful, and makes for terrible episode padding.

Lizzie added absolutely nothing to the episode -- and there was no mention of Agnes, or Tom, ........ or the dogs.

And what was with the woman with the Bee bra ?  Why was that even in the episode ?  Why wasn't the Sanctum Corporation the Blacklister of the week ? 

The only redeeming factor was Glenn.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The only redeeming factor was Glenn.

Well Aram should take more showers.  There was that, as quick as it was. Just saying.

• Love 4

Glen makes everything better!  Even his lackadaisical attitude when dealing with Reddington is amusing.  I appreciated Aram's shower scene.  No wonder Janet went back.  Samar really waited way too long to figure out what she was missing.  Never underestimate the sweet, kindhearted computer geek with a crush on you.  The man underneath it all might just surprise you.

• Love 8

Well, that was one of the most entertaining hours I've spent for a while. Aram in the shower ... yes to that, please. And bite me, Samar. You can just shut up and get off my teevee. Meanwhile: GLEN! I love me some Glen, and while I don't LOL often, I did, loudly, when he picked Red up in the Student Driver car. And love his calling Lizzie "Toots." He has the same opinion of Lizzie as I do. Dembe was great, as always, but heading out to the woods to look for a decomposed body was all kinds of wrong. Those trees with no underbrush don't give any cover if you are hunted, and what's up with Dembe not taking Leon's bow when he knocked him down. Dembe, you know better than that. Finally, RIP Leon Rippy ... AGAIN. You really did have a thing for Kate, didn't you. Sorry to see you leave that way. (Or maybe he got away, just like Red did? Hoping so.) And oh yes ... Ressler did make an appearance. He always makes things better. And finally: GLEN!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

This just plain sucked -- and showed how much bullshit the whole Blacklist is by putting Dembe at # 10.  #10 -- are you fucking kidding me ?? Fuck you writers.

And the whole Aram/Samar B-plot can't be dropped soon enough -- it's just awful, and makes for terrible episode padding.

Lizzie added absolutely nothing to the episode -- and there was no mention of Agnes, or Tom, ........ or the dogs.

Agree so much with all of this!  Dembe as a fucking blacklister??  That was just stupid.

And, sweet Jesus.  GET OVER IT ARAM.  I am so sick of him walking around on egg shells with Samar and she just continues to look at him like, "I cannot believe I have any feelings for you when you just look at me like a lost puppy."

Liz on the backseat...can't say I object.  I guess Tom was still up in NYC and needed no mention.  Ha.

Agree about the whole blacklist thing for Dembe otherwise what was the point of Bee Woman?  Also, didn't Dembe have a gun (aside from not confiscating the bow/arrow thing)?

I'm always for any of Red's associates who aren't impressed by his bombast.

Don't care about Samar and Aram but that's probably some other thread because I generally don't care about "ships" in the first place.  I'm one of those weird people who's actually interested in the mystery/plot than whether or not characters get together.

Basically, this was sort of fillery but it served it's purpose.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I'm always for any of Red's associates who aren't impressed by his bombast.

Don't care about Samar and Aram but that's probably some other thread because I generally don't care about "ships" in the first place.  I'm one of those weird people who's actually interested in the mystery/plot than whether or not characters get together.

Basically, this was sort of fillery but it served it's purpose.

I agree with what you said.  It tickles me to see people that know what Red is capable of and disregard it like Glenn.  I even liked the episode last season when Red had the camping couple so frightened they sang a camp song only to have Dembe tell Reddington, "That's enough!".  I think shipping is better reserved for shows like Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and The Catch.  Sometimes they take away from the mystery, crime, or action from a drama.  I too think it was filler, because the writer's refuse to reveal the true nature of the relationship and build on it from there.  They've said that revealing it is the end of the show.  I really think they sat around trying to figure out ways to stretch the show out for more than 2 full seasons, which has caused the ratings to drop by adding all this filler.  This week's story was just that, but it did serve a purpose and at least we learned a little bit more about the enigma that is Mr. Kaplan.

• Love 1

Quote: "Glen to Red: 'Besides, I didn't want to say anything before, but a big black fellow waiting on you hand and foot, very Edgar Rice Burroughs.' What is that supposed to mean?" That was one of the best lines of the episode. I had never thought about Dembe being Red's black "man servant" until Glen said that. As for the Burroughs reference, It was a subtle one, I guessed so viewers would not all explode at the racist innuendo. There is an ongoing controversy as to whether Burroughs was a racist, with arguments for both sides. But maybe Glen meant it simpler, that Dembe was like Lord Greystoke/Tarzan and Red is King Leopold. JMHO.

• Love 3

Did we know that Red's silver fox ponytail guy had a name?  They called him Boz twice. I don't recall ever hearing that before. 

Posting after starting to catch up on the 14 episodes I had on the DVR!  6 left!!

Edited by Tdoc72
17 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Did we know that Red's silver fox ponytail guy had a name?  They called him Boz twice. I don't recall ever hearing that before.

I'm pretty sure he was regularly referred to as Boz by Red and Liz.  Don't know the first time, though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I'm pretty sure he was regularly referred to as Boz by Red and Liz.  Don't know the first time, though.

He's been known as "Boz" since S1, if memory serves me correctly. The actor's name is Bazzel Baz, he's a former CIA operative.

• Love 2