Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Green Furious

"Justice League Europe: Fuck It, It's A Justice League, Right?"

I like the show. Not as hardcore as Gotham or the CW shows, but I find it charming. Or maybe I'm drawn in by Ron. If this series gets canceled, I move that Black Canary's cry be replaced by Ron Funches' laughter.

So much for Olympian batting for the other team. Also, does Jack O'Lantern have anything approaching a life?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

"Justice League Europe: Fuck It, It's A Justice League, Right?"

One of the Top 5!

I'm pretty sure that "the Justice League thinks I'm a joke" was a reference to her (or Green Flame's) time on the JL, during the Keith Giffen BWAH-HA-HA joke book era.

And hey, Wendy got something to do!

Dub-Dub!

I gotta say, I would not be opposed to Emily/Green Fury hooking up.

I liked the past couple of episodes, which got a few chuckles out of me, but I think this is the first episode I thought was really funny from beginning to end. Everyone worked, even Ron, who I find irritating half the time. I like Wendy fine, but her BFF'ing Jackie's daughter really endeared me to her. Also points to the writers for having Ruby use emasculating correctly in a sentence.

Edited by steelyis
  • Love 3

Hey, this means The Olympian is officially into ladies! Call me!

I am quite enjoying the show, even if its not exactly brilliant as of now. I think it could be if it worked out a few kinks and maybe had a few more jokes worked in about DC and its weird as hell history.

13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Also, does Jack O'Lantern have anything approaching a life?

At this point, I just sort of feel bad for the guy. All he ever does is fly around shooting pumpkins and mildly inconveniencing people. He should really consider getting a hobby.

• Love 3

I think I'm appreciating Jackie's C-story more in hindsight, since it was so pleasantly gentle (yes, even Wendy), but the A and B-stories just clicked.  Teddy's crush on Green Fury leading him to crash a focus group and use guyliner, Ron taking over from Jackie this week as the voice of sanity, Emily almost Emily-ing up summoning a superhero for her own gain (which kinda makes her a Wendy, but still) and managing to save the whole thing, Green Fury herself--who's apparently a little bit of a grump, but dating a guy who makes you call him Darkseid will do that--and the self-absorbed Olympian, let alone a supergadget.  And there wasn't that much Van, either.

• Love 3

I may have already said this, but I really find this show charming. I like how Emily and Green Fury flipped the commercial at the end, getting Fury the good press she wanted and demonstrating Emily is good at her job. I also really liked Ron running the focus group - that is a very good use of his sweet personality. And I hope Wendy gets bumped up to opening credits - she's become an essential part of the team for me and I worry that she'll become a casualty to a super villain.

• Love 3

The airings of this show continue to vex me..still haven't seen Van vs. Emily, and Green Furious, which aired this week, is supposed to be airing on April 20th, according to TV Guide online. I guess that's when V vs E will air. 

Oh well, as long as I get my Powerless fix, it's all good.

On 4/14/2017 at 7:24 AM, tennisgurl said:

Hey, this means The Olympian is officially into ladies! Call me!

Considering what a self-absorbed dick he is, I'd only want him in my bed if he promised not to speak -- or think.  So you ladies can have him.

And Teddy, remember what I said about Green Fury being WAY out of your league?  She didn't threaten to clobber you with a fireball because it was her way of saying that she thought you were hot.  Take the hint, dude!

BTW, "Yaast infection"?  Best line of the episode.  Emily's got a bit of the snark in her, and I love it!

This one was more on the 'meh' side for me; although I did like the B- and C-plots with Ron and Teddy, and Jackie. A-plot was just a bit too predictable, been-there-done-that. (Yeah, I know it's a sitcom...)

Still enjoying all the DC universe shout-outs. What was that about masks for Scarecrow... gas?

Edited by Trini

Really hope Green Fury keeps popping back up from time to time (well... for however long this show goes for.)  Natalie Morales is such a blast (and hot!) in this role.  And I'm glad that she and Emily seem to actually have a friendship blooming.  I always wanted Emily to have someone on her side, and I'm glad it's a full-blown superhero!

Of course, Teddy would embarrass and make a fool out of himself trying to impress Green Fury.  Especially is attempt at being a "woke" feminist.  Ron's reactions to all of it were fantastic.

The stuff with Jackie was fine, even though I still find Wendy obnoxious.

Van continues to be a hilarious weasel.  Although, I almost can understand his reaction to the beef jerky.  You can never have too much beef jerky! 

Pretty good episode.

• Love 1