Type keyword(s) to search

S29: London & Logan

Vyk
  • Start Topic

Racking my brains to think of whom London reminds me of--finally figured out it's a younger version of Patricia Wettig (talking it over with my husband, he agrees...and said "they seemed so old when 30something was on...we were watching that when we were in our twenties!" I wonder how we'd feel rewatching the show...probably that the characters were so young and callow!).  Anyway:  http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/PatriciaWettig-37_250h.jpg

Loved her super-happy face at the "beat" detour.  They seem nice and calm.  Hope they stay that way.

• Love 3
(edited)

They seem to strike me as the Team Who? of the season thus far.  Aside from them throwing shade on Shamir's "injury," I can't recall one thing they did other than Logan doing the Roadblock very well.  I think they did the Keep the Beat Detour, though, and did it well . . . maybe.

Edited by Vyk
On 4/1/2017 at 5:48 PM, gimmeegimmeegim said:

tho the "stick shift" comment bothered me--still?????

I actually thought that seemed very reasonable considering what show this is. Granted, if she knows it's that important she could do it herself but maybe she's tried learning and really sucks at it, so her hope was to have a partner who's at least capable. It's never a bad thing to know how to drive a stick on this show. 

They've definitely been a #teamwho so far but the little we've see of them, has made me like them well enough. They seem to be getting along really well, with no drama or stress and just enjoying the experience and the race. It's not an excitement that could grate like Team Happy, who I like but admittedly imagine could get on some viewers' nerves. Logan and London are just sort of going along unfazed.

The one thing I feel like is definitely lacking from them or I haven't seen enough from them, is a hustle and drive. I mean it's great to be laid back and chill but they always seem like they're not really in a hurry. That's two legs where they're solidly in the back of the pack but they just seem like, "okay, we're still in it, great..." Granted, many teams in the past have shown that as long as you're not last, it's the final leg that truly counts. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Staying the course and thriving for it.  I appreciated them at least trying to attempt the Weave It Detour, but as London said, she clearly got nervous and panicked over not getting the technique as well as she'd thought, which caused them to switch.  They made up a good amount of time at Build It, though, and got back into the running.  London also did well with the Roadblock, even though she seemed to struggle with money the same way that Brooke and Sara did.

Nonetheless, they make it to sixth thanks to Becca & Floyd's snafu.

I only remember them because London has mesmerizing eyes. However I find this quote from Logan's CBS survey

What scares you most about traveling? Having never traveled outside of the United States, my biggest fear is being ignorant to the cultures and customs of other countries I visit and offending anyone.  

really endearing. In my experience, the sort of person who worries about that generally has the least to fear. They seem to be working fairly well together (which is probably why we haven't seen much of them), though they haven't exactly been burning it up in terms of leg placements. I did appreciate that when they decided to switch detours, they did so quickly, decisively, and with no recriminations (that we saw) from Logan to London.

• Love 7

Still kind of staying the course and floating in the middle of the pack.  They switched from the Lock Detour to the Knock Detour after a ton of bad luck at the former.  They had the really fortunate break of running into the local woman nearby the Lock Detour and getting her help in solving the Knock Detour and finished what had to be just in time to get on the first ferry to the Roadblock.  Then, Logan seemed to do a good job with the task and get them to a decent, fifth-place finish.  Nice job of catching up.

They remained in fifth place on the second leg, too.  London did well with the Roadblock, but they seemed to go slowly on the Trolls Detour.  Likely because they couldn't navigate as well as Vanck & Ashton did.  Still, the job they did was solid enough, and they obviously kept up their speed on the climb to the Pit Stop enough to clock in fifth, maintaining their finish from the last two legs.

They're pretty but that's about all I've got right now. I keep forgetting they're there. And the editors don't seem inclined to remind me. I guess that means they're not really making jokes or saying anything memorable regardless of how they're racing. From what little we've seen, they seem pleasant but not really as motivated as they maybe should be. 

The only thing I remember from episodes 4 and 5 is her Taylor Swift surprised faces and his arms. I do feel like the initial awkwardness where it seemed like she liked him more than he liked her (and was maybe even a little flirty) has faded. She seems to be hanging on him less often.  

They are very pretty and very boring. It might be good for them on the race but for television it's not good tv. They've been in the middle of pack, too. Usually, I like the teams that get along but I have sort of forgotten about them during the show. There is so much other drama going on that I actually am surprised when they show up on the mat. I'm like, "Um, who are they?". That said, Logan has his looks. It's not all bad LOL!!!

They seem to be the lowest-key team left.  They have no drama or struggles.  They just do the tasks.  Felt bad for Logan getting shut out of the tram at the Roadblock, but he and London stayed calm and strong, and he finished the task after botching it once.  They had the last release time, but they stayed steady with the Make a Mold Detour, finished it fairly fast, and stayed in the race by coming in sixth.

Good work.

well, she is very nice, but she and her sister are unwatchable to me, they seem to have ADHD or something and keep losing the thread, at least in the video I tried to watch.  Nothing against them, just hard for me to listen.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

well, she is very nice, but she and her sister are unwatchable to me, they seem to have ADHD or something and keep losing the thread, at least in the video I tried to watch.  Nothing against them, just hard for me to listen.

It helps they are normally only 10 minutes. :-)

Yeah, there are lots of edits in the video I watched with her and her sister (I assume that Chase is her sister). It's a little tough to get through, but London's overall enthusiasm is entertaining and she really seems like a really nice person. 

• Love 1
On 4/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, there are lots of edits in the video I watched with her and her sister (I assume that Chase is her sister). It's a little tough to get through, but London's overall enthusiasm is entertaining and she really seems like a really nice person. 

I have a feeling that if they left everything they say in the clips it would have taken up like 1 hour.  Notice London has a "journal" to refer to when talking, yet it seems like she only uses it once.  IOW, I think tons of entries get sent to the cutting room floor.

• Love 1

I'm not too mad at them for bluffing about the street sweeper.  It's a race, and they were in the back group.  They did well to catch up with Tara & Joey at the Bring It Detour, but they seemed to lose time on them yet again somehow, proving yet again that they're very slow at the tasks.  This was further proven when London, who started the Roadblock well ahead of Brooke, still ended up finishing well after her.

Lucky that Liz faltered at the Roadblock, or they'd have finished last rather than fifth.

1 hour ago, Nalan said:

Brooke, still ended up finishing well after her.

She didn't finish well after her they left at nearly the exact same time, got directions to the pit stop together and landed on the mat at the exact same time. Yes, she lost time but she finished very close with Brooke.

I think part of the reason London look longer is because she actually made her mask look good! Redmond's was a mess and he was allowed to move on.

• Love 3
On 4/28/2017 at 11:06 PM, holly4755 said:

I had the same reaction.

Kind of under-the-radar on this leg.  They stayed with the teams until they had car troubles, and then reached the Detour well behind the front three teams.  They seemed to have no real troubles with the For the Bride Detour, nor did London have any problems with the Roadblock.

A solid, middle-of-the-pack finish with their fourth-place finish, and as they said, their highest placement thus far.

Team LoLo is my fave team. London is so cute, like a young high school girl. She was obviously crushing on Logan so bad during the race. Even if you watch her youtube recaps, you can really tell that had Logan made any attempts to be romantically involved with her, London would gladly have said yes! I think in one of her interviews before the race started, she said she is not actively looking for a love partner during the show, but if it happens, why not? from the very beginning of the show, London was clearly attracted to Logan. She was always giddy whenever they are beside each other and she alway try to hug him/touch him every chance she gets (ie episode one when she picked him as her partner; when Logan chose to do the roadblock in Brazil; at the pit stops esp episode 8). She even laughingly admits this on her youtube recaps (that she was awkward with Logan). She called up Logan's fone during her episode 8 recap, but it went straight to voicemail...hehe. Maybe Logan is just a very chill guy, but I did not see any signs at all during the race that the attraction was mutual. To be honest, he just seemed amused with London's antics. He was clearly just not into her from the beginning. Which is sad for me-- in a silly fan POV-- because they look good together. ☺  From their US Weekly article, I gather that Logan was already attracted to Sara (and vice versa) even during the race. So maybe thats why London never stood a chance with him.

• Love 1

Steadily staying the course on the first leg tonight.  While their leg was not as perfect, it was still a good one, with their quick grab of the ladder to shut Brooke & Scott out of the Bamboo Climb Detour and taking the last spot in that Detour.  They struggled with the last part of squeezing the ladder onto the roof, but finally managed to do it, finished the Detour, and managed to land solidly in the middle of the pack once again.

The second leg was a rougher leg for them than usual.  They caught the second bus to Ninh Binh, but everything else seemed to go to hell for them there.  They rode their bikes to the temple and to the Roadblock okay, but London struggled majorly at that task and only has Floyd struggling more to thank for staying in it.  Logan was sweet to do the rowing for her since he knew she was tired.

Because of Floyd's energy completely giving out, they were pretty much ensured to survive the leg, and they did by coming in fourth.

Now, it's down to the edit. They haven't been shown much this season. Does that mean they don't make the FInal 3? Were they just that boring and still make the Final 3? Is Logan really that perfect looking and nothing else really matters?! LOL!!!

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Now, it's down to the edit. They haven't been shown much this season. Does that mean they don't make the FInal 3? Were they just that boring and still make the Final 3?

Editing-wise, I'm interested in seeing their chances of winning.  They're pretty low-key and drama-free and are only barely showing up more prominently in the editing.  Probably because they're not really leading the pack or trailing it all that often.  Usually, a team like that can make the F3, but doesn't win.  But there are a few teams who've had that edit and won.  T.K. & Rachel from TAR12 were probably the very first team with that portrayal to win the race.  Some could say our first winning women's team, Nat & Kat, had that portrayal in TAR17, but they actually led the pack quite a bit.  Kisha & Jen won with that portrayal in TAR18, as did Jason & Amy in TAR23, Amy & Maya in TAR25, and, most recently, Kelsey & Joey in TAR27.

London & Logan could be like those teams, but based on how slowly they go to tasks and get them done, it makes me wonder if they really have the oomph it takes to win.

7 minutes ago, Nalan said:

Editing-wise, I'm interested in seeing their chances of winning.  They're pretty low-key and drama-free and are only barely showing up more prominently in the editing.  Probably because they're not really leading the pack or trailing it all that often.  Usually, a team like that can make the F3, but doesn't win.  But there are a few teams who've had that edit and won.  T.K. & Rachel from TAR12 were probably the very first team with that portrayal to win the race.  Some could say our first winning women's team, Nat & Kat, had that portrayal in TAR17, but they actually led the pack quite a bit.  Kisha & Jen won with that portrayal in TAR18, as did Jason & Amy in TAR23, Amy & Maya in TAR25, and, most recently, Kelsey & Joey in TAR27.

London & Logan could be like those teams, but based on how slowly they go to tasks and get them done, it makes me wonder if they really have the oomph it takes to win.

They really aren't a rush, rush, rush team, are they? I never really thought of it until you mentioned the slowness. That's it. They are really slow and drama free which makes for boring tv on a competition reality show such as The Amazing Race. They never seem in a hurry for anything. Maybe, that's a good thing.

• Love 2

I watched London and Chase's recap of episode 10 and they were cheering the idea of having Team Fun on an All-Stars edition and then one of them said something like "Because Team LoLo definitely isn't going to be on All-Stars!" and they both cracked up--and I did too.  

• Love 2

Okay, why didn't anyone tell me that London has been doing a recap with her sister, Chase? They are HYSTERICAL!! Their parents are AMAZING, too. I've been watch Team Fun but I had no idea that London has been doing one. It is funny how a cute girl like her didn't hook up with Logan but he did with another racer. I guess everyone has their likes and dislikes. I do appreciate how she makes fun of them getting no screen time. Does anyone know if London and her sister had tried out as a pair? They seem like perfect reality casting.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, why didn't anyone tell me that London has been doing a recap with her sister, Chase? They are HYSTERICAL!! Their parents are AMAZING, too. I've been watch Team Fun but I had no idea that London has been doing one. It is funny how a cute girl like her didn't hook up with Logan but he did with another racer. I guess everyone has their likes and dislikes. I do appreciate how she makes fun of them getting no screen time. Does anyone know if London and her sister had tried out as a pair? They seem like perfect reality casting.

I’m also loving the London and Chase recaps. It’s great getting insights like the fact that London has a bad back and that her fingers were getting ripped apart by the shrimp traps and how heavy they were on the bike. It explains why she was so hysterical and calling for Floyd’s help.

I’m pretty sure in one of the videos they mention they wanted to do the race together (it’s obvious Chase is a big fan) but London got picked for this Strangers season instead. I would love to see them on the race though. They would be a great palate cleanser after having to watch Brooke & Scott. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

Have they improved? the first few were painful and I gave up. 

After, I saw the newer ones I saw the older ones. And, yes, they have improved. Of course, it helps that they are talking about the Amazing Race but they are really funny. IMO!! They finish each other sentences and seem to be each other's biggest fan. I also think London is even more beautiful and shows a lot more personality here. It's really funny when they talk about boring London & Logan are. Too funny!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I mentioned it somewhere, especially regarding the whole Vanck and Ashton drama, but there were other posters here who were not fans of their recaps.

This was pretty much a near-perfect leg for them.  Logan turned out to be the fastest of the Roadblocks to nail the cup-stacking Roadblock, and they did very well at the kimchi task.  London, while she was stymied by the video games, gave a great effort to get out of it in just twenty-one rounds.  In the end, taking the stairs rather than the elevator kept them from a win they would've deserved.  Good job, you two.

I think they can probably win next week, but they're going to have to make very few mistakes to do so, and also move from task to task very quickly.

They had a great leg and were on fire. They don't fight so that really helps them. Also, they've been so quiet in the edit and there's been no drama between them they became the boring team. She's super cute and he is a Greek God. He looked amazing last night. Although, I don't know if he has a 6 or 8 pack. LOL!! Maybe, there will be a swimming challenge next week and we can find out. LOL!! That said, based on the edit I have to believe that Brooke and Scott are going to win. That really pains me to say that......and, think that. Ugh!

6 hours ago, Nalan said:

In the end, taking the stairs rather than the elevator kept them from a win they would've deserved.  Good job, you two.

Actually, I don't know about this. The editing made it seem like London/Logan got to the pit stop first and the stairs killed them, but looking closely, I think Brooke/Scott got there first so London/Logan wouldn't have gotten first either way. I could be wrong, but it did seem like B/S might have beaten them by a few minutes. 

It did seem like Scott was suprised when turning around the corner that Team LoLo wasn't there. I'm assuming they were there at the same time but it was the stairs versus the elevator that was critical.

• Love 1

the video about cab catching seems to indicate that Lady Calypso is correct.  Not only did Lolo have a problem getting a cab but then the guy took the wrong road and that cost them 5 more minutes. 

just watched London's recap. She had Logan and Sara as guests, I guess they are living together since they have a dog named Phil. So funny they didn't get to know each other during the race, but rather at the after show get togethers. Sara is gorgeous, they make a handsome couple. 

• Love 1

I'm wondering if there is a memory challenge at the end if one is stronger then the other? Sometimes, it's done as a team and other times it's up to one person. They both have a good head on their shoulder and have remained really calm through the whole race. So much so that everyone thought they were boring. Hopefully, boring=1st place. Go! Team LoLo!!!

Lolo has been relatively calm (little fighting with each other or other teams) but they haven't really been quick. For a memory challenge, I guess I'd pick Logan on the vague sense that he sells medical supplies (???) and the only things I remember about London is she keeps claiming to have artistic ability and makes weird faces. It wouldn't be the first time a random team managed to pull off a win but if the editors had some footage to sell it, they haven't shown it to us. 

• Love 1

I can understand the annoyance with LoLo's laissez faire attitude. I didn't mind it because they were still a harmless team and it got them to the finale. In my opinion, if you're not first, you just have to make sure you're not last, because it ultimately doesn't REALLY matter what place you finish. The team got pretty much no focus but London seems like a fun and hyperactive woman from her recaps with her sister, and Logan....got himself a girlfriend, so there's that. It seems like it worked out great for them in the end. They got a great experience, got to the finale, and they didn't annoy me in the process (besides London's freakout in Vietnam).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

got himself a girlfriend, so there's that. It seems like it worked out great for them in the end. They got a great experience, got to the finale, and they didn't annoy me in the process (besides London's freakout in Vietnam).

It amuses me that they were basically a non-entity for the entire race, I can't remember a less memorable final three team (though I guess I wouldn't remember them if they were less memorable than L/L). When I learned the Sara and Logan were dating I assumed they weren't getting shown that much because they would be eliminated soon and their romance would happen in sequesterville. 

• Love 2

They've been slow almost the entire season.  And that really came out here.  London was slow in changing the tire at the racetrack, even though Logan was fast in completing his lap (he only needed two tries to Scott and Tara's three).  Then, they solved the riddles way too slowly and relied on a map rather than a smartphone like Brooke & Scott and Tara & Joey did.  They didn't do the hotdogs quickly enough, either, and it seemed like they were clueless at the final task.  Third place was deserved.  With more urgency, they might've had a shot of taking this.  But good on them for getting this far.

I hope they're friends for a long time after the race, though Logan's expressions tell me otherwise.

• Love 1