Type keyword(s) to search

The Judges: Gail, Wolfgang and Hugh

There's something about Hugh that I just like.  I can never put my finger on what the "it" is though.

I do think that it seems like neither he or Gail can hide what they are thinking.  Like if they eat something that they really don't like, their faces give them away, even if they try to blow smoke about it being good.

• Love 2

Hugh's unibrow starts wiggling like a caterpillar on crack when he eats something he doesn't like. But I also love him, and his food is delicious. If you're ever in Athens, GA, check it out.

Hughnibrow is my nickname for him. :)

• Love 2

Wolfgang Puck is a punk. Honestly, I'd rather see an hour full of Art Smith and Rick Bayless (both of whom I despise) rather than see Punk on my screen for even a minute. I hope Hugh puts the smackdown on him.

Why do you despise Rick Bayless?

I always liked Rick and just saw him at Topolobambo the other night. He comes across very well on TV and I love his food.

And he has a foundation to give capital improvement grants to local farmers to encourage family farms and sustainable practices. I don't think he's on the John Besh level for relentlessly positive impact on the world, but I have a pretty good impression of him.

• Love 1

He just annoys me. I think he's whiny, Also, don't like seeing a gringo touted as the foremost Mexican chef in the United States, especially when people like Aaron Sanchez exist.

That being said, I've never tasted his food (I have eaten Aaron Sanchez' food and it was amazing), and he may well be a good chef. His television persona just annoys me.

I see that no one questions my dislike for Art Smith....   HAHAHAHA!!

Also, don't like seeing a gringo touted as the foremost Mexican chef in the United States, especially when people like Aaron Sanchez exist.

That being said, I've never tasted his food (I have eaten Aaron Sanchez' food and it was amazing), and he may well be a good chef. His television persona just annoys me.

I'm more impressed with Aaron Sanchez' mom, honestly. 

While I have no clue what their cooking skills are really like... Hugh drives me bananas... I didn't like him on which ever show he was on as a contestant (wasn't he on masters maybe the first season??) and I like him even less as a judge. I don't really know what it is, maybe his attitude? But something just rubs me the wrong way.

Gail I can take or leave... and I have even less of an opinion on Wolfgang...

Gail I can take or leave... and I have even less of an opinion on Wolfgang...

I could take Gail instead of leave her if we only saw her 50% as much as we do.  Every. Damn.  Show.  Is too much.

• Love 1

He just annoys me. I think he's whiny, Also, don't like seeing a gringo touted as the foremost Mexican chef in the United States, especially when people like Aaron Sanchez exist.

To me, Aaron Sanchez is the male version of Giada De Laurentiis. He's gotten to the point where he's rolling those Rs so much when he speaks Mexican, he sounds just as ridiculous as Giada does when she speaks Italian. I get it, you're authentic, now STFU.

I'm OK with Wolfgang's comments on the actual food, but I could do without his pervy remarks directed at Gail.

I can do without his pervy remarks, period. He needs to stop. 

He's gotten to the point where he's rolling those Rs so much when he speaks Mexican, he sounds just as ridiculous as Giada does when she speaks Italian.

Apologies in advance for being pedantic, but Mexican is a nationality, Spanish is a language.

Topic?  Aaron does indeed lay it on very thick, and I've lost some respect for Wolfgang Puck.

• Love 3

Making it even worse, Vulfie was on Rachel vs. Guy Kids Cook-Off this past week, and you can see from it that he has a young wife and young kids (because they came on that show with him).

This show has shown a "naughty" borderline "nasty" side of Wolfgang Puck.  He makes me want to "puke", from now on he will be Wolfgang puke on my list.  Gail looks very pretty this season, didn't she just have a baby?  She looks great.

Hughnibrow hasn't made an appearance yet, hopefully soon. He gives good snark.

+1. It's a shame (at least for this franchise) he's too busy being a chef to do this full time. He has a marvellous way of cutting through the bullshit.

• Love 2