Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Shocked ..Erica not considered show group due to injury but Holly who only completed about 30 seconds of a solo at tryouts makes it due to "known performance". K&J please be consistent !  Erica is a proven Commodity 

They don't base your show group on your audition solo. They have a whole different Tryout process. Erica is currently injured. She may have a chance to join the group after recovery, who knows. It doesn't show anything on K and J

• Love 4

As Lauren said before, Holly's incident was near the end of her routine not in the first 30 seconds. Show group tryouts were just the other night. 

I'm pretty sure that when Erica is well they will allow her to rejoin show group. She can't be considered and announced for show group if she did not audition. This year there will just be 17 members. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

As Lauren said before, Holly's incident was near the end of her routine not in the first 30 seconds. Show group tryouts were just the other night. 

Edited by lfedncr
9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Which question?? Sorry....been in the trenches at Miss Texas. Happy to forward, just let me know. 

Y'all I've been out of the loop too (but mine is because I live feed big brother not anything relevant) 

can I just say how fascinated I am by you! Lol 

27 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

See ya there Razzle...

giphy.gif

Not me; do they allow dudes? I'll just send my 9 month pregnant wife in my place! ? Wait I can just send my daughter in a few years! 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I need to borrow someone's crotch fruit for a few days so I can get in to camp dcc, clearly. How often do I have to feed them? Got a bunch of bird seed. Do they eat that? 

You can borrow mine. She's 3, loves to dance but has no rhythm. Loves to sing while she dances but can't do both at the same time. She's also quite mouthy for a 3 year old and I could use a break. I bet she would ship UPS next day air pretty well  I can punch a bunch of holes in the box. 

• Love 7

Lol, look at the kind of sharing this forum produces! I kid. But this does have me thinking and smiling about the dad who took his daughter to toddler DCC camp and was so adorably dancing around with her. It was posted here (via Twitter) awhile ago. He's a former Cowboy and apparently a totally fun-loving and devoted daddy. Gives me all the feels. 

In training camp related matters, I've been wondering if this is a less spectacular year for DCC, given that Tasha made Show Group. I'm hoping I'm wrong and that I only think that because they've given us so little to go on this summer. Maybe Tasha has stepped it up 100 and she's a rock star now. I'm happy for Heather O and Maggie that they get to experience SG together, but I feel a little badly that little Heather is missing out on their second year adventures. Such is life, I suppose. I'd love to see a week's worth of Heather and Maggie's diet plan. Those ladies have, in my opinion, two of the best figures on the squad. Totally fit and healthy looking and still with real curves. Me, I just have the real curves. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Ante said:

You can borrow mine. She's 3, loves to dance but has no rhythm. Loves to sing while she dances but can't do both at the same time. She's also quite mouthy for a 3 year old and I could use a break. I bet she would ship UPS next day air pretty well  I can punch a bunch of holes in the box. 

That's okay, one of the DCCs lacks rhythm too. She still made the team 

• Love 13

Maaaaan some of y'all are taking bitter Betty's to a new level. 

Unless Tasha comes out pirouetting like a Russian ballerina or backflipping across the stage I'm still not going to understand her placement on SG, but good luck to her this season. Maybe there just wasn't alot of vets interested this year. Either way she'll greatly benefit and get her performance value up.

• Love 3

Is Tasha my fave? Nah. But I don't get all the hate. If Kelli and Judy deemed her SG worthy (better yet if Kitty didn't annihilate them simply for suggesting it), she obviously brings something to the table. I mean, maybe they were just super craving some potato head pink vibes this year. Who knows! But if it works for them, it works for me. 

• Love 6

Tasha was an NBA dancer for 6 years and 2 different teams so she brings something different to the other girls.   Maybe she can sing the national anthem lol.

• Love 6

Speaking of Tasha, this is nice. Her sister Libby's high school team is doing a mini clinic. Interesting that the DCC are not mentioned by name, I guess because it's not an official event. Hopefully she will help them raise a lot of $$$. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Ante said:

Actually, she sounds like just what I'm looking for. I really like the mouthy thing. Is she interested in diet/exercise coaching? I could use someone with a strong personality to keep me in line. 

DYING at the shipping. Man, even I feel bad lol! She seriously sounds freaking awesome. 

8 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

BWAHAAA ZZZZINNGGGGG 

8 hours ago, spazette said:

Is Tasha my fave? Nah. But I don't get all the hate. If Kelli and Judy deemed her SG worthy (better yet if Kitty didn't annihilate them simply for suggesting it), she obviously brings something to the table. I mean, maybe they were just super craving some potato head pink vibes this year. Who knows! But if it works for them, it works for me. 

It's just fun to be a dick sometimes spaz. To me, the pink lips, "it's all for my daughter" thing,  obscenely over the top wedding, self involvement,  and harlequin romance novel pics, well, she kind of set herself up as prey for cynical bastards such as myself. 

Truth be told, I don't even put her near the top five most annoying DCC'S. OK maybe near, but definitely not IN. ?

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Ooooh, BURN. 

3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Actually, she sounds like just what I'm looking for. I really like the mouthy thing. Is she interested in diet/exercise coaching? I could use someone with a strong personality to keep me in line. 

DYING at the shipping. Man, even I feel bad lol! She seriously sounds freaking awesome. 

I have to admit, she's pretty cool. Most people call her a "pistol".  But when all that attitude is directed at you, I have felt personally victimized by my three year old. 

As for keeping you in line, sorry, I broke her.  Her favorite foods are good ok southern grits, sausage, spaghetti and all those foods one isn't supposed to eat. ??‍♀️

To stay on topic, anyone hear of anything going on in training camp? The TCC's are pretty...

• Love 1

I hated Tasha at first, but I 'get' her now. The  'all for my daughter' I still side eye, but all the over the top stuff is her working brand. And she DOES work quite a bit as a model - mostly for clothing catalogs, stock photos, book covers, boutiques, plus she sells makeup and earns money endorsing from her blog. She's a hustler. A hustler in potato head pink, but she's a hustler. She's actually pretty funny, too. Anything corny that she does, she's in on the joke and banking the money.

I miss the DCC singing the anthem, so I hope they have some girls now who can harmonize.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

It's just fun to be a dick sometimes spaz. To me, the pink lips, "it's all for my daughter" thing,  obscenely over the top wedding, self involvement,  and harlequin romance novel pics, well, she kind of set herself up as prey for cynical bastards such as myself. 

Truth be told, I don't even put her near the top five most annoying DCC'S. OK maybe near, but definitely not IN. ?

I'll be a twat waffle and agree it's horrendous, potato head pink was a spot on description!

Now top 5 most annoying DCCs...there's a new thread idea!! It would entertain me during this dry spell in the way of TC news. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, spazette said:

I'll be a twat waffle and agree it's horrendous, potato head pink was a spot on description!

Now top 5 most annoying DCCs...there's a new thread idea!! It would entertain me during this dry spell in the way of TC news. 

You win everything ever for twat waffle. 

• Love 3
On 7/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, LaurelleJ said:

There haven't been any rockstar minority upper vets in a while. .... Jacie was also in the front with holly while she was point, and would have been point if she stayed for a 5th year. . 

Jacie was selected for the 2017 NYC Rockettes - a lifelong dream of hers.  Congratulations to her!  

(I know this probably doesn't belong here but I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere and couldn't figure out where to put it based on other topics)

• Love 8

Did Erica forget about DCC etiquette and fashion dont's ? That dress is way too short and I remember Jenna getting ripped for one not even that short! But I guess since everyone seems to love her it's ok??? 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

Did Erica forget about DCC etiquette and fashion dont's ? That dress is way too short and I remember Jenna getting ripped for one not even that short! But I guess since everyone seems to love her it's ok??? 

Maybe it's a romper?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Maybe it's a romper?

That would be super cute!! and Erica appears to be on a night off, not at a DCC function whereas Jenna was. If I looked like either one of those girls I'd dress the same way all the time!! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Originalroux said:

Jacie was selected for the 2017 NYC Rockettes - a lifelong dream of hers.  Congratulations to her!  

(I know this probably doesn't belong here but I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere and couldn't figure out where to put it based on other topics)

We put the topic and discussion in the former DCC section. 

2 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

I think it's a romper and she isn't at a DCC function. Not the same at all.

• Love 3

I despise Tasha.  The breaking point for me was when she showed these pictures of her in the hospital holding her daughter.  There's Tasha in full makeup with false eyelashes!  So instead of it being about her daughter in that moment, it was still about her vanity -- an impression that is further highlighted by those ridiculous romance novel photos she took with her husband.  I hate that she made it back this year, and I'm dumbfounded that she made show group.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think it's a romper and she isn't at a DCC function. Not the same at all.

Same. 

As for Jenna, let us take a moment to remember that Jenna's hooha show was at a DCC function and she was standing and the dress was that short. Erica is at least sitting and clothes ride up when you sit. 

As long as a girl isn't repping the stars and boots, I don't care if any of them wants to show their hoohas at a club in Dallas and invite people to sit in the rows. However, if you're playing at being one of "America's Sweethearts", then I expect the hooha to be covered by at least the 3 inches of fabric we all know and love. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

I despise Tasha.  The breaking point for me was when she showed these pictures of her in the hospital holding her daughter.  There's Tasha in full makeup with false eyelashes!  So instead of it being about her daughter in that moment, it was still about her vanity -- an impression that is further highlighted by those ridiculous romance novel photos she took with her husband.  I hate that she made it back this year, and I'm dumbfounded that she made show group.  

If I ever have to squeeze out crotchfruit, no one better come near me with a camera until I do not look I spent the last 10-12 hours+ bearing said-crotchfruit. Tasha might be extra but bring me a glam squad before we go sharing pics from the recovery room.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

If I ever have to squeeze out crotchfruit, no one better come near me with a camera until I do not look I spent the last 10-12 hours+ bearing said-crotchfruit. Tasha might be extra but bring me a glam squad before we go sharing pics from the recovery room.

I definitely did not want pics of me in the hospital gown all sweaty and gross but it's not really a vanity thing, it was because I wanted the privacy to enjoy those moments, just my family and I. Once they took the baby for routine check up I got up and brushed my hair and washed my face and SWEET LORD that was wonderful to feel clean and normal!! I put on a spot of make up too, just to feel good about myself and forget I was wearing mesh panties the size of Texas Stadium. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

She was also a teen mom and straight off the pageant circuit. Those may have been lash extensions that stayed on during labor. She's extra, but it's part of her job. It can be about her daughter and still with makeup. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

If Holly (who is "soft") gets a pass for auditions the Erica should get a pass for show group.  That is my point. 

Two different situations though. Reserve just means she's not participating right now. Depending on the extent of it, they'll more than likely add her later. It's not a harsh situation, it's realistic. 

I think if Erica is rehabbing an injury she may not want to do showgroup which vastly increases the number of performances and rehearsals and puts extra strain on her.  She may be fine to perform at 10 home games but not all the extras.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

#rude

Didn't mean to come off rude in any way. I was just saying I would want to enjoy the weekend and eat a good BBQ and now try and drink a juice drink, that's all 

Just now, dccfan37 said:

Didn't mean to come off rude in any way. I was just saying I would want to enjoy the weekend and eat a good BBQ and now try and drink a juice drink, that's all 

No, I was agreeing with you. I meant it was rude of DCC to schedule cameos on July 5. Sorry for the confusion!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

No, I was agreeing with you. I meant it was rude of DCC to schedule cameos on July 5. Sorry for the confusion!

Ahhhhh okay good :) 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Which one?

I'm pretty sure it's Yuko that's being referred to.

She's the one that about 95 percent of folks here seem to love to hate. 

Until I see the new episodes for this season, I'm reserving judgment on her current level of dance and English-speaking skills. 

32 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Re: Yuko's English skills...if she was not verbally proficient to pass a DCC interview twice, they would not have taken her to TC or squad. Have to trust K & J on that one.

We don't have to trust them on it at all. But personally Yuko doesn't bother me much other than I think she's a bit noodley when she dances, but she's cute and all that.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

We don't have to trust them on it at all. But personally Yuko doesn't bother me much other than I think she's a bit noodley when she dances, but she's cute and all that.

I agree we don't have to trust them at all. They can put anyone on the team they want, and really don't have to justify it. She's cute, she's not a great dancer, and she doesn't have a great grasp on the English language, but they like her enough to keep her.

• Love 5
(edited)

So there will need to be about 2-3 cuts a week from now until the end of TC. I wonder if they're going to even it out or save a blood bath for the end 

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 2