Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Uhm so I don't want to sound shallow but how the hell Cristi was miss michigan? But I like the girl on her insta story, seems really cute and nice.

She wasn't miss Michigan for the miss America organization - it was a smaller organization that's fairly obscure and the director of the pageant used to be the director of the Pistons/Shock dance teams. Which cristi was on from the time she was 13 until she was 20ish. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

I agree, but she seems a bit stocky for the uniform.

Stocky? I don't see it. She's not  very curvy, but she has abs.

She was mouthing some of the lyrics. I don't know if that was intentional. I didn't like it.

Yuko was fun to watch, the little bit we saw. I don't understand the tulle exploding from her hip.

Lauren2.JPG

Yuko3.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dlcmom said:

She wasn't miss Michigan for the miss America organization - it was a smaller organization that's fairly obscure and the director of the pageant used to be the director of the Pistons/Shock dance teams. Which cristi was on from the time she was 13 until she was 20ish. 

Miss Michigan World. She went on to the Miss World America, but did not place in the top 22. Was in top 10 for fitness, though.

Guest djd123

Where did y'all see clips of Holly's solo? I've been on the instagram story and twitter and haven't found it.

Just now, djd123 said:

Where did y'all see clips of Holly's solo? I've been on the instagram story and twitter and haven't found it.

Snapchat!

Guest djd123
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Snapchat!

Aww I don't have snapchat. Guess there's no way to post that here?

Someone may be able to screenshot it!

i find it interesting that they convert the girls old twitters into the dcc ones

Maybe it's because I read the comments about Jessikas solo before I watched it but I've seen way worse. I was not good but it's about on par with what I'd expect from someone without a lot of ballet training who choreographed the dance herself. Now, if she has a ballet background and/or paid for that choreography, she should get her money back. 

• Love 2
Guest djd123

Wish we got to see more of Raylee's.  She flies under the radar but I've recently really started liking her and it looks like she stood out with a different style of costume and choreo.

I liked Erika's very much.

Off topic - I dislike it in competitions and such where they do this stylized "hands on hips" thing where they put their hands way above where their actual waist is. It always looks so weird to me.

Erika.JPG

Guest djd123

I believe I recall last year, the DCC twitter posted short clips of each veteran's solo.  I'm not sure which I prefer; a few seconds of all the girls, or basically full solos of a few of the girls.

1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

From Cristi's insta story

solos group.JPG

Every year there are outfits like the red one and it seems silly to me. It's the exact same thing as the practice outfits they wear with a big piece of fluff on their butt. 

41 minutes ago, Nelliephant said:

Lauren(?)

Another pretty good solo. Not a fan of the bottoms in the costume (put thats a bit pinicity) 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/863438760545071104/video/1

This girl has been my favorite so far. I haven't seen Holly, Yuko, or Cersten yet. 

Lauren has good technique, flexibility, really good control, showmanship, etc. Her routine also looks like she's taken a snipet of Erica (love her, she's amazing, her solos all look the same), Michelle Keys, Jinelle's salsa, some of the newer sidelines, etc., and added in some more tricks. She knows what she's doing in giving them what they want to see, and she's really good at executing it. This is a show group girl.

Lauren's only 'issue' is if they think she's thicker on the bottom, but she's really muscular, yet curvy, and DAT HAIR! She may be my fave so far. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

This girl has been my favorite so far. I haven't seen Holly, Yuko, or Cersten yet. 

Lauren has good technique, flexibility, really good control, showmanship, etc. Her routine also looks like she's taken a snipet of Erica (love her, she's amazing, her solos all look the same), Michelle Keys, Jinelle's salsa, some of the newer sidelines, etc., and added in some more tricks. She knows what she's doing in giving them what they want to see, and she's really good at executing it. This is a show group girl.

Lauren's only 'issue' is if they think she's thicker on the bottom, but she's really muscular, yet curvy, and DAT HAIR! She may be my fave so far. 

They've put Cersten's on instagram stories too. From the small clips, it looks really good.

Tapping from Amy L!

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/863451027428737024/video/1

(Obviously a delay with putting things on twitter)

• Love 2

Cersten is definitely getting a barbie! If I remember correctly, she is the one who wanted to go into med school right? So maybe we won't get more than two years of her! Enjoy it while it lasts fellas!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Nelliephant said:

They've put Cersten's on instagram stories too. From the small clips, it looks really good.

Tapping from Amy L!

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/863451027428737024/video/1

(Obviously a delay with putting things on twitter)

Ok changed my mind. Amy L is my favorite. This might change again in 5 minutes LOL. 

She isn't the prettiest, but dang that girl's body is killer, and she's having a blast. She's so underrated and is up there with Lacey on technique. I'd put her on the same level as Erica, Holly and Jenna if she was just a little bit flashier. If they need a blond in the triangle, here's your girl.

• Love 2

So many reasons I'm thankful all the ladies look the same during their field try outs. Same outfit, same choreography. Some dancers choose choreography poorly, or hire someone who lets them do shit they can't do (TM Kitty) or wear a dumb costume. 

We've seen over the seasons multiple times where a poor soloist shines on the field and vice versa. Thankfully the judges panel (esp K, J and C) seem able enough to find the diamonds. Honestly I think the solo part is a preaudition for Show Group to see who has technique. And hopefully a sneak peek at personality outside of the interview. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Cersten is definitely getting a barbie! If I remember correctly, she is the one who wanted to go into med school right? So maybe we won't get more than two years of her! Enjoy it while it lasts fellas!

Every time I see Cersten, I think about the fact that Kitty didn't want to give her a chance because Cersten has (gasp!) other life goals besides being a DCC.

cersten3.JPG

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Ok changed my mind. Amy L is my favorite. This might change again in 5 minutes LOL. 

She isn't the prettiest, but dang that girl's body is killer, and she's having a blast. She's so underrated and is up there with Lacey on technique. I'd put her on the same level as Erica, Holly and Jenna if she was just a little bit flashier. If they need a blond in the triangle, here's your girl.

No no no, Kashara needs to get her chance! I'm a huge Kashara fan and I need her to be second leader this year! Down the road maybe :p

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Every time I see Cersten, I think about the fact that Kitty didn't want to give her a chance because Cersten has (gasp!) other life goals besides being a DCC.

cersten3.JPG

I never took it that way...I always feel like Kitty likes to push buttons to see how they react and what their intentions may be. And she wants to weed out the Minchews of the world that will bail when there's a conflict.  And I do suppose it's like any employer...you invest in an employee, and in a perfect world want to retain that great employee as long as possible.  Cersten seemed to handle it with grace, IMO. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

No no no, Kashara needs to get her chance! I'm a huge Kashara fan and I need her to be second leader this year! Down the road maybe :p

Kashara might get her 5 minutes next LOL. She'd be great, too!

• Love 1
(edited)

Really surprised Amy went with tap again. But that's probably just my bias. Tap doesn't do anything for me. But at least she's doing something different than everyone else. And I think she's adorable. Even though what she's doing with her ankle makes me cringe.

I still doubt khalyn was en pointe though.

amy.JPG

amy2.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

With the way the DCC do things, Jenna should be gl1, jinelle 2, Erica 3 and Lacey 4. They usually do seniority and then alphabetical order, except for that year where Jackie jumped to gl1 as .5th year when Sydney was a 6th year gl2. 

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works always! Jenn K was GL1. She wasn't even a 5 year. 

Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

Can somebody link to Cersten?

Instagram story

6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I never took it that way...I always feel like Kitty likes to push buttons to see how they react and what their intentions may be. And she wants to weed out the Minchews of the world that will bail when there's a conflict.  And I do suppose it's like any employer...you invest in an employee, and in a perfect world want to retain that great employee as long as possible.  Cersten seemed to handle it with grace, IMO. 

Well the DCC isn't exactly a normal employer. I wouldn't blame a girl for leaving after a year considering that the pay is really bad, the hours are exhausting and they need to have a full time job too. If anything, they need to provide their top talents with a reason to stay more than a couple years.

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

If I recall correctly, Kitty's comments were to Kelli and Judy before Cersten came in the room, so I don't think she was saying it to provoke a reaction out of Cersten. I could be wrong though.

• Love 1

Trying to get caught up on all of these... I LOVE the tapping! I did tap for years and it is HARD to make fast, clean and precise.  Amy is truly amazing at it and i love seeing her showcase it. She still had a great, fun routine. Love her! 

Erica's looked so good even tho she always does the same few moves.  she just makes everything look sharp and fierce. 

I really don't think Jessika's was that bad...it started off well and i think she just got a little nervous and rushed. it was certainly not a sh*tshow and i still enjoy her stage presence. she has the prettiest smile! honestly, if she does well on the field and did well in her interviews i think she will be fine.  Chantel's did not really do anything for me but i think she is adorable and a good performer. 

I haven't been on snap chat yet - did they actually show some of Holly P?? i heard that her top came completely off during the routine, she flashed the judges and had to run off LOL  I am very curious to see if they show that as one of the bloopers (i.e the barfing, peeing on the floor, etc.) or if that is something they will shield her from.  YIKES!! 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Josreason said:

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works always! Jenn K was GL1. She wasn't even a 5 year. 

Instagram story

Jenn K was a group leader when Danielle, Jenna, and Jessica were 2nd group leaders. So the next year Jenn K was gl1 because she was the only one with GL experience. That's still seniority. 

5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Trying to get caught up on all of these... I LOVE the tapping! I did tap for years and it is HARD to make fast, clean and precise.  Amy is truly amazing at it and i love seeing her showcase it. She still had a great, fun routine. Love her! 

Erica's looked so good even tho she always does the same few moves.  she just makes everything look sharp and fierce. 

I really don't think Jessika's was that bad...it started off well and i think she just got a little nervous and rushed. it was certainly not a sh*tshow and i still enjoy her stage presence. she has the prettiest smile! honestly, if she does well on the field and did well in her interviews i think she will be fine.  Chantel's did not really do anything for me but i think she is adorable and a good performer. 

I haven't been on snap chat yet - did they actually show some of Holly P?? i heard that her top came completely off during the routine, she flashed the judges and had to run off LOL  I am very curious to see if they show that as one of the bloopers (i.e the barfing, peeing on the floor, etc.) or if that is something they will shield her from.  YIKES!! 

Really? Her outfit looks a lot like their breast cancer awareness outfit so I wouldn't expect Holly to have a wardrobe malfunction. 

• Love 1
Guest djd123

Holly is so active on Instagram, maybe she will address it in some way..

Yeah her outfit looks like a better version of the pink halftime one. Weird. It doesn't look like it would easily come off

right?? the pic i saw of her outfit the top looked super secure but yeah...

nooo don't think that will hurt her chances at coming back. she is one of the rockstars on the squad and one of the THE fan faves.  a wardrobe malfunction is bad (i'm sure she can't get a barbie without finishing her routine) but it's not like forgetting everything, etc.  I just feel so bad for her because i'm sure her routine was awesome. 

• Love 4